PDA

View Full Version : We made that oil spill our bitch

DarrinS
08-23-2010, 03:13 PM
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/08/22/AR2010082202271.html?nav=rss_opinion/columns

When I was a junior officer fresh out of the Coast Guard Academy in 1971, a crusty old warrant officer told me that an idea of mine was in the "too hard to" do locker. The implication was that some problems are unsolvable and thus get banished to innovation purgatory. I invoked that line last May at the memorial services for retired Chief Warrant Officer Bernie Webber, who almost five decades ago accomplished what is regarded as the greatest small-boat rescue in Coast Guard history. In February 1952 Webber and his three crewmen maneuvered a surf rescue boat over the Chatham Bar on Cape Cod in gale-force winds. They rescued 33 crew members from the stern of a tanker that had broken in half in a storm. Bernie taught us all that day how to create the art of the possible where none appears to exist, and gave 33 people back their lives. He had opened the "too hard to" locker.

Our country encountered this sort of seemingly impossible-to-open locker on April 20. The explosion, subsequent fire and ultimate sinking of the offshore drilling rig Deepwater Horizon led to the biggest oil spill in U.S. history. Eleven lives were lost. This summer, we watched the uncontrolled discharge of tens of thousands of barrels of crude oil into the Gulf of Mexico every day. The disaster caused economic deprivation and put at risk an entire way of life.

A "fail-safe" system had failed; there was no human access to the source of the oil. Despite the mobilization of countless resources from the start, the response was criticized by some as inadequate and feeble. Much as Tip O'Neill told us about politics, it turns out that all oil spills are local.

Yet four months later, the landscape and seascape have changed. We now know that 53,000 barrels were likely escaping each day from the well, but the well was capped on July 15. And while nearly 5 million barrels were released into the gulf, we are beginning to understand what happened to it.

We also know we mobilized the largest public- and private-sector disaster response in this nation's history. This summer we did things that have never been done before: We employed 7,000 vessels of opportunity, a waterborne militia that has no precedent. We took control of the air space in the Gulf of Mexico to improve flight safety and more effectively employ air surveillance from the same base that defends North America from air attack. We mobilized the largest number of oil skimmers and deployed more containment boom than ever before in our country. In the process, emergency regulations authorizing the relocation of response equipment from across the country were issued in a matter of days.

It was more than just marshaling forces on the water and on the shore. Nearly every agency of the government was involved, and not only the ones you would expect, such as the Coast Guard, the Environmental Protection Agency and the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, but also the Defense Department, the U.S. Fisheries and Wildlife Service, the Occupational Safety and Health Administration and others.

We stood up a special science team, led by Energy Secretary Steven Chu, who oversaw every technical aspect of the well-kill efforts. The science team also got us a precise flow rate and an oil budget that estimates where the oil went.

Led by the president, the first lady and the vice president, administration officials have made more than 75 trips to the region; all had responsibility for some portion of our response.

We responded with government effort at all levels that moved beyond the tactical issue of oil on the water to address socioeconomic effects, public health, long-term environmental impact, and responsive near-term emergency services and support. Again, we have done things on a scale with no precedent. Did we learn things along the way? Absolutely. We should have done some things sooner, like taking control of the airspace and transitioning from boom to skimmers.

Is there more work to do? Certainly. Our estimates suggest a quarter of the oil that leaked could still be in the water. What's left is breaking down, but that doesn't mean it isn't a threat, and we won't stop going after it until it's gone. Do laws and regulations need to be revised? Of course. Do we have all the answers to long-term effects to the environment from the oil spilled or dispersants used? Not yet, and we should not add to the cost of this spill by failing to learn these things.

It hasn't always been pretty, but we have opened the "too hard to" locker. We are poised to finish this response and move to long-term recovery. It has been one of the more consequential exercises in adapting the elements of national power together with local government and the private sector to deal with problems of unprecedented complexity. No one is claiming victory or "mission accomplished" at this point, nor should we. We should, however, recognize what has been done.

Parker2112
08-23-2010, 03:17 PM
Is there more work to do? Certainly. Our estimates suggest a quarter of the oil that leaked could still be in the water.

bullshit. company line. election time politics. 60-80% remains, minimum.

CosmicCowboy
08-23-2010, 03:21 PM
bullshit. company line. election time politics. 60-80% remains, minimum.

So you pour a teaspoon of oil into an olympic sized swimming pool. It eventually disperses and dilutes into the water. Even if 100% still remains it's just not that big of a deal.

boutons_deux
08-23-2010, 03:50 PM
blatant self-promotion.

The capping was available from the very start, was not creative, nothing to develop, to test, design, JUST DO IT. But the govt let BP footsy around.

Anybody wanna bet that the Fed doesn't fine BP $21B based on the number of barrels spilled?

Anybody wanna bet that BP ever pays the $20B into the compensation fund? There's no legal basis for it, and BP's lawyers will fight it.

Three strikes and you're out only applies to individuals.

Egg producers, BigPharma, any big corps, etc can stay at bat no matter how many screw-ups nor how bad they screw up, no matter how many people they kill and maim. Too Big To Fail, Too Big To Jail.

Parker2112
08-23-2010, 03:55 PM
So you pour a teaspoon of oil into an olympic sized swimming pool. It eventually disperses and dilutes into the water. Even if 100% still remains it's just not that big of a deal.

horseshit. the public perception alone is going to kill gulf fishing regardless of whether we can trust CC's good ol' fashion common-sense scientific analysis or not. people dont trust fed gov. people dont trust the seafood from the coast. besides that, the supply is bound to dwindle, making it that much worse.

and last, this spill has long term effects that are immeasurable.

the valdez spill killed that community, and remind me how much bigger this one is?

Parker2112
08-23-2010, 03:59 PM
funny how people get when big oil/big corps/big gov start fucking around with their food...so much for improving consumer confidence in a down economy...

CosmicCowboy
08-23-2010, 04:43 PM
Funny how some people just don't get that shit happens sometimes. I guarantee BP didn't intend to have an oil spill.

The only way you can be perfect is to never do anything so you can't possibly make a mistake or have an accident.

boutons_deux
08-23-2010, 04:47 PM
"shit happens sometimes"

no shit

Gov Perry said it was an Act of God. :lol

In BP's case, shit happens a whole hell of a lot. OVER AND OVER AND OVER AGAIN

Parker2112
08-23-2010, 05:03 PM
Funny how some people just don't get that shit happens sometimes. I guarantee BP didn't intend to have an oil spill.

The only way you can be perfect is to never do anything so you can't possibly make a mistake or have an accident.

CC, back when you were a boy, the world population was about 1/3 what it is now. So, the environment had a greater capacity to accomodate man's footprint. Back then, when your value system was being handed to you, it served it #1 purpose: economic development and resource utilization. That philosophy built the american dream.

In the late 70's I experienced some very pristine peices of mother nature while growing up. One of those was the Gulf. I have pictures with my Grandpa at Port Isabell where the water was CRYSTAL BLUE.

Over the years, those places have been devloped, trashed, polluted and spoiled by the same philosophy.

One thing I'm sure of: my boy and my girl will never experience the things my father or I did when we were young, and thats ok.

But you cant tell me I need to stand by and watch while any mf'er with a plan and the gumption spoils whats left. There are too many stupid SOB's out there that know how to run a bulldozer AND back-door a permit.

I dont trust the mentality that we cant spoil what mother nature gave us. That is the mentality that gets spread by those whose only aim is to continue the raid on resources. But we just cant accomodate it like we used to.

In my adulthood, I have almost pricked my heel on medical waste needles in galveston. Ive come out of the water in Corpus and felt like I had bugs crawling n my skin. I have seen white bass catches back home go from boatloads to a handful over the last 30 years, as a result of unlicensed outlaw netting at spawning time. I have seen pristine mountains all over the West (Oregon, WA, CA, MT, ID) with smog rising out of the valleys so bad you couldnt see the other side. Ive seen crystal clear water pouring down a mountain stream in back road wilderness areas with warning signs, alerting people of contamination.

You cant tell me to turn the other way. maybe you need to accomodate the new mentality, which is that we need to take care of what we got.
Cuz If you shit long enough in your back yard, eventually your kids cant play back there.

Parker2112
08-23-2010, 05:09 PM

FACT: you can damn sure do a better job than those criminally negligent bastards at BP.

leemajors
08-23-2010, 05:10 PM

When you constantly cut corners and cut alarms/warning systems out entirely, you're begging for it.

Parker2112
08-23-2010, 05:11 PM
BP is the one operating at massive profits. BP is the one undertaking to drill for oil. the burden is on them, not the public, to do their job competently and diligently.
They didnt do either.

They should have felt that duty right about the time they advised their people that the rig would not stop drilling, even with warning signs all around.

rjv
08-23-2010, 05:19 PM
"shit happens sometimes"

no shit

Gov Perry said it was an Act of God. :lol

In BP's case, shit happens a whole hell of a lot. OVER AND OVER AND OVER AGAIN

perry is probably not even being a right wing christian nut here. he is probably just lobbying for an out for BP, using the term "act of God" in actuarial terms that is.

Parker2112
08-23-2010, 05:46 PM
perry is probably not even being a right wing christian nut here. he is probably just lobbying for an out for BP, using the term "act of God" in actuarial terms that is.

Look between the lines...
he is lobbying for a job after White kicks his ass out of the Gov office

admiralsnackbar
08-23-2010, 06:11 PM
Look between the lines...
he is lobbying for a job after White kicks his ass out of the Gov office

As unpopular as Perry is, I have a hard time believing White stands a chance after DeLay's gerrymandering.

MannyIsGod
08-23-2010, 06:16 PM
The title made me think of Ricky Bobby writing the article.

DarrinS
08-23-2010, 08:09 PM
The title made me think of Ricky Bobby writing the article.

Dear 8 pounds 6 ounces... new born infant jesus, don't even know a word yet.

Yonivore
08-23-2010, 08:26 PM
Where is all the oil?

Most of the problems experienced by "Gulf Oil Spill Victims" were caused by the Obama administration.

ChumpDumper
08-23-2010, 09:29 PM
Where is all the oil?In the Gulf of Mexico.

Any other questions, genius?

LnGrrrR
08-23-2010, 10:09 PM
So, two things I thought of while reading that:

DarrinS, given the facts presented in the article, would you say that President Obama handled this disaster well?

Second, why were so many enviornmental scientists seemingly wrong about this issue? I mean, are they as bad as economists? :lol

LnGrrrR
08-23-2010, 10:09 PM
Dear 8 pounds 6 ounces... new born infant jesus, don't even know a word yet.

That's how heavy my kid was born... holy crap! I gave birth to Jesus!

Wild Cobra
08-23-2010, 10:39 PM
horseshit. the public perception alone is going to kill gulf fishing regardless of whether we can trust CC's good ol' fashion common-sense scientific analysis or not. people dont trust fed gov. people dont trust the seafood from the coast. besides that, the supply is bound to dwindle, making it that much worse.

the valdez spill killed that community, and remind me how much bigger this one is?
We have been getting tainted seafood off and on for decades.

Nothing new to see here.

Wild Cobra
08-23-2010, 10:52 PM
That's only because the media hypes stories for gullible people like yourself.

News sells... Disasters sell more news stories...

The more you hype a story, the more people by the papers, magazines, and tabloids.

True... a teaspoon in a minimum depth Olympic sized pool would be 19.7 parts per trillion...

Practically immeasurable!

There is simply no comparison. God, I hate seeing how stupid you young people are, being indoctrinated by the Department of Education's policies...

1) It was close to shore

2) Much or most of it washed up on shore.

3) Chemical reactions take far longer in cold water

4) Oil eating bacteria lives in warm water, not cold.

5) A very small percentage of the Gulf oil spill washed up on shore.

Wild Cobra
08-23-2010, 10:53 PM
That's how heavy my kid was born... holy crap! I gave birth to Jesus!
I didn't know you were a woman...

leemajors
08-24-2010, 07:17 AM
True... a teaspoon in a minimum depth Olympic sized pool would be 19.7 parts per trillion...

Practically immeasurable!

Whew. Glad it's not a finely balanced ecosystem.

DarrinS
08-24-2010, 07:34 AM
So, two things I thought of while reading that:

DarrinS, given the facts presented in the article, would you say that President Obama handled this disaster well?

Either him, or nature.

Second, why were so many enviornmental scientists seemingly wrong about this issue? I mean, are they as bad as economists? :lol

I think there are differences of opinion as it pertains to the 22 mile long invisible mist.

George Gervin's Afro
08-24-2010, 07:43 AM
Where is all the oil?

Most of the problems experienced by "Gulf Oil Spill Victims" were caused by the Obama administration.

:lmao

LnGrrrR
08-24-2010, 04:32 PM
I didn't know you were a woman...

Ha! Ok, technically, my wife gave birth to him. Slip o' the tongue.

LnGrrrR
08-24-2010, 06:55 PM
Either him, or nature.

So nature is responsible for....

we mobilized the largest public- and private-sector disaster response in this nation's history

We took control of the air space in the Gulf of Mexico to improve flight safety and more effectively employ air surveillance from the same base that defends North America from air attack

We stood up a special science team, led by Energy Secretary Steven Chu, who oversaw every technical aspect of the well-kill efforts

And this was all

Led by the president, the first lady and the vice president, administration officials have made more than 75 trips to the region; all had responsibility for some portion of our response.

Obviously, the man wasn't giving props to nature.

boutons_deux
08-25-2010, 03:56 PM
Gulf Oil Spill: Rick Steiner Got BP Disaster Right From The Beginning, Warns Crisis Is Far From Over

"Government and industry will habitually understate the volume of the spill and the impact, and they will overstate the effectiveness of the cleanup and their response," he told me at the time. "There's no such thing as an effective response. There's never been an effective response -- ever -- where more than 10 or 20 percent of the oil is ever recovered from the water.

And Steiner suspects the 10 percent recovery rate for BP is actually overstated. The report based its conclusions on operational reports (http://www.deepwaterhorizonresponse.com/go/doc/2931/876899/) showing that 11.1 million gallons of oil were burned and 34.7 million gallons of oily water were recovered through skimming.

But Steiner said the actual amount of oil recovered could be about half what the report claims. The oil-water mix, which officials evidently assumed was 20 percent oil, could well have been closer to 10 percent, he said. As for the burned oil figures, "they are simply coming from the BP contractors out there and then put into the Incident Command reports as gospel. As far as I know, there was no independent observation or estimation of those numbers."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/08/25/the-sage-of-spills-rick-s_n_693812.html?view=print

Winehole23
08-25-2010, 04:03 PM
Underreporting?

Winehole23
08-25-2010, 04:03 PM
Unpossible!

Wild Cobra
08-25-2010, 09:10 PM
Gulf Oil Spill: Rick Steiner Got BP Disaster Right From The Beginning, Warns Crisis Is Far From Over

"Government and industry will habitually understate the volume of the spill and the impact, and they will overstate the effectiveness of the cleanup and their response," he told me at the time. "There's no such thing as an effective response. There's never been an effective response -- ever -- where more than 10 or 20 percent of the oil is ever recovered from the water.

And Steiner suspects the 10 percent recovery rate for BP is actually overstated. The report based its conclusions on operational reports (http://www.deepwaterhorizonresponse.com/go/doc/2931/876899/) showing that 11.1 million gallons of oil were burned and 34.7 million gallons of oily water were recovered through skimming.

But Steiner said the actual amount of oil recovered could be about half what the report claims. The oil-water mix, which officials evidently assumed was 20 percent oil, could well have been closer to 10 percent, he said. As for the burned oil figures, "they are simply coming from the BP contractors out there and then put into the Incident Command reports as gospel. As far as I know, there was no independent observation or estimation of those numbers."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/08/25/the-sage-of-spills-rick-s_n_693812.html?view=print

Is the sky falling Chicken Little?

Wild Cobra
08-25-2010, 09:12 PM
Funny how a dormant microbe was found that eats the shit out of oil once it's food was plentiful.

New Microbe Discovered Gobbling Gulf Oil (http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2010/08/25/tech/main6804772.shtml)

DarrinS
08-26-2010, 08:31 AM
Funny how a dormant microbe was found that eats the shit out of oil once it's food was plentiful.

New Microbe Discovered Gobbling Gulf Oil (http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2010/08/25/tech/main6804772.shtml)

Interesting.

CosmicCowboy
08-26-2010, 08:37 AM
Scientists also had been concerned that oil-eating activity by microbes would consume large amounts of oxygen in the water, creating a "dead zone" dangerous to other life. But the new study found that oxygen saturation outside the oil plume was 67 percent, while within the plume it was 59 percent.

Hmmmm....so no oxygen depletion? GASP! No dead zones?

boutons_deux
08-26-2010, 09:09 AM
"No dead zones"

With crap water pouring out of the BigAg/BigChem-polluted Mississippi, the Gulf has enough dead zones.

Nobody knows what's going on in the Gulf, and nobody knows how to fix it if it ain't going right.

boutons_deux
08-26-2010, 09:46 AM
The War of Lawyers and corporate fog machine in full blast:

August 25, 2010

Missing Piece in Oil Rig Inquiry: Who Was in Charge?

By ROBBIE BROWN

HOUSTON — Even after dozens of witnesses, a hundred hours of testimony and three months of investigation, a chairman of a federal panel exploring the Deepwater Horizon disaster admitted Wednesday that he still lacked a simple fact: Who was the top authority on the oil rig when it exploded?

The finger-pointing among various witnesses and lawyers has become so routine at the government hearings that the chairman, Capt. Hung Nguyen of the Coast Guard, said he viewed the rig as a “three-legged stool” — wobbly and without anyone taking responsibility.

“Somebody’s got to be in charge here,” Mr. Nguyen said. “I just don’t have a clear picture in my mind of who it is here.”

The panel of Coast Guard and Interior Department representatives is trying to determine the causes of the explosion that led to the huge oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico. But the hearings have been dominated by disagreements among lawyers for the companies involved: BP, which owned the well and leased the rig; Transocean, the rig’s owner; and Halliburton, which poured cement around the well.

Looming over the hearings are pending civil trials and a Department of Justice criminal investigation that are likely to involve the same witnesses and rely on facts that emerge from their testimony.

This week, BP has been pushing back against the perception that it is primarily responsible for the spill. On Wednesday, the company issued a statement saying that Halliburton should have stopped work on cementing the well if its workers held genuine safety concerns. To not do so, BP said, would be “morally repugnant.”

( BP has moral concerns? moral capacity? It's a fucking Corporate-American, they don't need no stinkin morals :lol )

Halliburton replied with a statement that said BP had ignored its warnings and persisted with a risky plan to use fewer devices called centralizers when cementing the well. “Ultimately, Halliburton acted on the decisions of and at the explicit direction of the well owner,” the statement said.

The dispute follows testimony Tuesday about a report from Halliburton to BP two days before the explosion that said the cement could result in a “severe gas flow” problem.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/08/26/us/26hearings.html?_r=1&partner=rss&emc=rss&pagewanted=print

yadda yadda yadda yadda yadda ad nauseam

CosmicCowboy
08-26-2010, 09:48 AM
*yawn*

This message is hidden because boutons_deux is on your ignore list.

Blake
08-26-2010, 09:53 AM
*yawn*

I see what you did there.....you really made boutons your bitch.

clambake
08-26-2010, 09:56 AM

all this ignore stuff.

words will always hurt him.

CosmicCowboy
08-26-2010, 09:56 AM

Actually, the political forum is much more fun with Boutons and Goran Dumbshit on ignore.

All Boutons does is rave about Repugs, and Goran Dumbshit clearly has a reading comprehension disability.

Blake
08-26-2010, 10:03 AM
This message is hidden because CosmicCowboy is on your ignore list.

boutons_deux
08-26-2010, 10:05 AM
CC, like Yoni, hates the bitch-slappin truth Boutons lays on him.

CosmicCowboy
08-26-2010, 10:11 AM
Actually Blake, thats no problem at all considering you are one of the bottom feeder intellects in here anyway. No relevant responses lost there...

Blake
08-26-2010, 10:33 AM
Actually Blake, thats no problem at all considering you are one of the bottom feeder intellects in here anyway. No relevant responses lost there...

:lol I was just kidding. I would never take the time to put someone on ignore, much less take the extra time to let them know they are on ignore.

It's a sign of mental weakness and/or severe butthurtness imo.

CosmicCowboy
08-26-2010, 11:31 AM
:lol I was just kidding. I would never take the time to put someone on ignore, much less take the extra time to let them know they are on ignore.

It's a sign of mental weakness and/or severe butthurtness imo.

Actually, Goran Dumbshit was so butthurt I had him on ignore he invented another troll just so I could see his ignorant posts...:lmao

And it's hardly a sign of mental weakness after reading dozens/hundreds of posts from someone to come to the realization that they simply have nothing positive to offer and use the ignore function to filter the "static" out of the forum.

clambake
08-26-2010, 11:36 AM
Actually, Goran Dumbshit was so butthurt I had him on ignore he invented another troll just so I could see his ignorant posts...:lmao

And it's hardly a sign of mental weakness after reading dozens/hundreds of posts from someone to come to the realization that they simply have nothing positive to offer and use the ignore function to filter the "static" out of the forum.

he must have been quoting you.

CosmicCowboy
08-26-2010, 11:36 AM
he must have been quoting you.

*yawn*

clambake
08-26-2010, 11:42 AM
you shouldn't post if you're worried about being quoted.

DarrinS
08-26-2010, 11:42 AM
you shouldn't post if you're worried about being quoted.

you just shouldn't post

clambake
08-26-2010, 11:43 AM
you shouldn't post......from work.

CavsSuperFan
08-26-2010, 11:45 AM
President Obama could not wait to get on his latest vacation...As soon as the plane landed, he grabbed a couple beers and slid down the emergency slide...

clambake
08-26-2010, 11:48 AM
thats brilliant.

Blake
08-26-2010, 01:35 PM

congrats on getting owned by a troll

Apparently you lack the ability to help yourself from reading boutons and Goran's posts without the help of the computer.

Absolutely that's a sign of mental weakness.

What's funnier than that is you bragging about your handicap. :lmao

CosmicCowboy
08-26-2010, 02:09 PM
Fuck off dude. You are apparently incapable of even writing a cohesive and coherent sentence. Get back to me after you go back and get your GED.

Winehole23
08-26-2010, 02:28 PM
GED smack. Took me right back to high school.

Ah, the memories....

SnakeBoy
08-26-2010, 02:44 PM
We made that oil spill our bitch

The gulf naturally seeps large quantities of oil so there is already a good population of oil degrading bacteria. These are heterotrophic bacteria that given sufficient food source (oil) and high temperatures they are capable reproducing very rapidly, doubling population in as little as 15 minutes for some heterotrophic species. So "We" didn't do much of anything except spill oil into the gulf in the middle of summer.

Can you list exactly what those long term effects will be?

Blake
08-26-2010, 03:04 PM
Apparently [adverb] you [subject] lack [verb] the ability [direct object] to help yourself from reading boutons and Goran's posts without the help of the computer [prepositional phrases].

Absolutely [adverb] that [subject] 's [verb] a sign [direct object] of mental weakness [prepositional phrase].

Fuck off dude. You are apparently incapable of even writing a cohesive and coherent sentence. Get back to me after you go back and get your GED.

If you want to get technical, it makes more sense to say "you are apparently incapable of writing even a cohesive and coherent sentence."

It's not that you are incapable of "even (or odd) writing".......it's that you are incapable of "writing".

That said, I still grasped your context and meaning. Unfortunately for you, the computer can apparently only help you with 'ignore'.

SnakeBoy
08-26-2010, 03:08 PM
Oooh, a grammar and spelling debate. This is gonna be good!

CosmicCowboy
08-26-2010, 03:23 PM
Apparently [adverb] you [subject] lack [verb] the ability [direct object] to help yourself from reading boutons and Goran's posts without the help of the computer [prepositional phrases].

Absolutely [adverb] that [subject] 's [verb] a sign [direct object] of mental weakness [prepositional phrase].

If you want to get technical, it makes more sense to say "you are apparently incapable of writing even a cohesive and coherent sentence."

It's not that you are incapable of "even (or odd) writing".......it's that you are incapable of "writing".

That said, I still grasped your context and meaning. Unfortunately for you, the computer can apparently only help you with 'ignore'.

Don't like my posts?

Follow your own advice and ignore them.

Blake
08-26-2010, 04:00 PM
Don't like my posts?

Generally speaking, I don't really care about your posts.

Every now and then you say something worthwhile, but all in all, I find some of your posts to be ignorant, arrogant, and condescending. Unlike you however, posts like that don't bother me.

Follow your own advice and ignore them.

I haven't given you any advice.

If I was to give you advice, it would be to learn how to read and write.......especially if you are going to make a lame attempt at calling someone else out on it.

CosmicCowboy
08-26-2010, 04:11 PM
Generally speaking, I don't really care about your posts.

Every now and then you say something worthwhile, but all in all, I find some of your posts to be ignorant, arrogant, and condescending. Unlike you however, posts like that don't bother me.

Ignorant?

Not even close. We may not agree on an issue but I will attempt to make a logical and rational argument every time.

Arrogant and Condescending? Yeah, I'll give you that one...:lol

Blake
08-26-2010, 04:18 PM
Ignorant?

Not even close.

In the court of my opinion, you've been proven ignorant a number of times.

I'll show you where if you like, but chances are you'll be ignorant to how ignorant you are.

We may not agree on an issue but I will attempt to make a logical and rational argument every time.

Right before getting butthurt after someone calls your argument illogical and irrational.

CosmicCowboy
08-26-2010, 04:23 PM

I'll show you where if you like, but chances are you'll be ignorant to how ignorant you are.

Right before getting butthurt after someone calls your argument illogical and irrational.

OK, I get it. You don't like me.

Feel free to give me ten cut and past examples (plus links to the threads so you can't clip out of context) where I was discussing a specific issue and was not logical and rational.

CosmicCowboy
08-26-2010, 04:27 PM
As for the two people I put on ignore:

Boutons is apparently a paranoid sociopath whose posts consistently have no redeeming value. I'm just tired of his endless rabid raves about repugs.

Goran Dumbfuck is just a juvenile idiot that gets a tingle up his leg saying "######". Sorry. You can call it butthurt if you want to but I simply find him intellectually and morally offensive.

Blake
08-26-2010, 04:31 PM
OK, I get it. You don't like me.

No you still don't get it.

I don't care about you. I'm simply making fun of you.

Blake
08-26-2010, 04:33 PM
As for the two people I put on ignore:

Boutons is apparently a paranoid sociopath whose posts consistently have no redeeming value. I'm just tired of his endless rabid raves about repugs.

Goran Dumbfuck is just a juvenile idiot that gets a tingle up his leg saying "######". Sorry. You can call it butthurt if you want to but I simply find him intellectually and morally offensive.

Right, and then I call you butthurt and you get butthurt about me calling you butthurt.

CosmicCowboy
08-26-2010, 04:33 PM
No you still don't get it.

I don't care about you. I'm simply making fun of you.

And doing it very badly.

Blake
08-26-2010, 04:38 PM
And doing it very badly.

Your failure to comprehend what I'm saying is not indicative of the job I'm doing at pointing out your butthurt.

It's indicative of your failure to comprehend what I am saying.

CosmicCowboy
08-26-2010, 04:41 PM
OK, well I've got to make a run out to the ranch this afternoon.

Make sure you have those 10 examples ready when I get back.

Bitch.

Blake
08-26-2010, 04:45 PM
OK, well I've got to make a run out to the ranch this afternoon.

Make sure you have those 10 examples ready when I get back.

Bitch.

I never said I had 10 examples. I said I could dig up a number of them. The number 'two' would comply with the offer I made.

More reading comprehension fail.

Forum bitch.

CosmicCowboy
08-26-2010, 07:58 PM
I never said I had 10 examples. I said I could dig up a number of them. The number 'two' would comply with the offer I made.

More reading comprehension fail.

Forum bitch.

:lmao at the backstroke

OK, two, BITCH.

Get to work.

Talk about a trash talking FAIL.

And this was directed at BLAKE who felt a need to call me out.

Chump, you and all your minions need to just grab some popcorn.

Blake
08-26-2010, 09:11 PM
:lmao at the backstroke

OK, two, BITCH.

You're ignorant of what the word backstroke means in this context.

One.

CosmicCowboy
08-26-2010, 09:12 PM
You're ignorant of what the word backstroke means in this context.

One.

Fail BITCH.

LnGrrrR
08-26-2010, 09:15 PM
Fail BITCH.

I don't get how the insult is helping your argument.

Blake
08-26-2010, 09:16 PM
Fail BITCH.

The ignore button is calling you to press it, forum bitch.

Blake
08-26-2010, 09:18 PM
OK, I'm seeing high dollar wireless cameras going up at street intersections/red lights all over town. Who's paying for these? Who's watching them?

Is it safe to assume that once they get them all installed San Antonio is about to go to "red light camera" tickets?

Otherwise, what the fuck are these things for?

In 2007, the state banned the use of speed cameras

Two (actually three, but I'll let the last one slide).

That was even easier than I thought it would be.

Thanks for the fun, forum bitch.

Winehole23
08-26-2010, 09:21 PM
/bitchthread

Winehole23
08-26-2010, 09:22 PM
God please let it end somewhere.