PDA

View Full Version : [Yahoo!] Carmelo enthusiastic about possibly joining Rockets

djohn2oo8
08-23-2010, 11:29 PM
I Know we might be getting Bosh'ed again, but its fun to speculate

Denver Nuggets (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/teams/den/) executive Josh Kroenke met with Carmelo Anthony (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/players/3706/)(notes) (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/players/3706/news) in Baltimore over the weekend and restarted the process of selling the disgruntled star on signing a contract extension, league sources told Yahoo! Sports.

No resolutions were reached, sources said, but Kroenke, the owner’s son, has undoubtedly emerged as a far more powerful voice in the franchise. His burden is unmistakable now: As a 30-year-old on the cusp of taking over majority ownership of the Nuggets, he must sell the All-Star forward on staying the course with the Nuggets.
More From Adrian Wojnarowski

The Nuggets are close to hiring a new general manager – with former Phoenix Suns (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/teams/pho/) executive David Griffin the frontrunner – but Kroenke and adviser Bret Bearup will have the most significant say in basketball matters.

Anthony has hesitated to sign a three-year, $65 million extension and expressed intrigue with opting out of his contract next summer to become a free agent. Despite significant speculation the New York Knicks (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/teams/nyk/) are the team that Anthony would most likely want to join, two sources close to him insisted the Knicks have been overstated as an object of his desire. Privately, Anthony has expressed more enthusiasm over joining the Houston Rockets (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/teams/hou/) than the Knicks, sources said.

Anthony still believes he can get the maximum possible money from re-signing with the Nuggets now, sources said, with his sights on engineering a trade to a preferred destination later. For him to opt out of his contract at the end of next season would be an immense risk. With league owners determined to shorten the years and lessen the money on max contracts in the next collective bargaining agreement, Anthony and his representatives know they could cost themselves tens of millions of guaranteed dollars.

The departure of vice president of basketball operations Mark Warkentien has elevated Kroenke to a more prominent role in the Nuggets organization – one that likely will eventually include majority ownership. Well before the Nuggets didn’t renew Warkentien’s contract this summer, sources said Kroenke made a springtime tour to meet several of the most prominent West Coast player agents. The agents were told they would soon be dealing more directly with Kroenke on Nuggets personnel matters.

Dear Basketball Gods, can we plz have something good happen for once?

himat
08-23-2010, 11:32 PM
Enthusiastic about the Rockets? Really? I don't get what's so intriguing about that team right now (no offense Rocket fans).

sefant77
08-23-2010, 11:34 PM
Two sources insist Yao will break his foot during preseason

djohn2oo8
08-23-2010, 11:34 PM
Enthusiastic about the Rockets? Really? I don't get what's so intriguing about that team right now (no offense Rocket fans).

None taken, I would think the thing that would turn players away would be Yao's health

himat
08-23-2010, 11:38 PM
None taken, I would think the thing that would turn players away would be Yao's health

Yeah and you guys already have Martin and Battier. Carmelo would start over both, but that 1 of the 3 won't be playing and thats some wasted talent.

I don't get it. There have been rumors about Orlando. I think that should be the spot he should go.

The Franchise
08-24-2010, 12:18 AM
I'll believe it when I see him in a Rockets uniform. "Sources" are always saying this type of garbage.

DJ Mbenga
08-24-2010, 12:54 AM
wonrjisrieasdfdasfdski is a legit source. that said excited and pusing for the rockets are 2 different things. they do have valuable pieces if morey wants to offer them. like expriring deals, young inexpensive kids-aka buddinger vets like battier. all of those knicks draft picks.

GuerillaBlack
08-24-2010, 03:06 AM
Yeah and you guys already have Martin and Battier. Carmelo would start over both, but that 1 of the 3 won't be playing and thats some wasted talent.

I don't get it. There have been rumors about Orlando. I think that should be the spot he should go.

Battier would be traded. Something like Battier (buy out maybe?) + Jeffries + Hill + Budinger + both Knicks picks (value raised with Melo to Houston) and $6M TE for Melo and JR Smith. Rockets lineup:

Brooks/Lowry
Martin/Lee/Taylor
Melo/Smith
Scola/Patterson/Hayes
Yao/Miller

STAAAACKED SON!

But, I'm not going to get my hopes up. Especially after this summer with Bosh.

NuGGeTs-FaN
08-24-2010, 03:12 AM
:lmao now Houston?

If he leaves, it is obvious it will be wherever his wife wants him to go and she wants all the glitz and glamour of LA or NY.

Melo isn't going to Houston.

Double-Up
08-24-2010, 06:38 AM

If he leaves, it is obvious it will be wherever his wife wants him to go and she wants all the glitz and glamour of LA or NY.

Yea that tells you how highly he thinks of Denver. :lol

DaDakota
08-24-2010, 09:48 AM
Well, since he gets to decide, this changes everything.

I don't think the Rockets will give up all of that as far as future picks for him, Morey has been really prudent in his dealings.

But I would see Battier, Jeffries, Budginer and Hill probably going out....as well as a pick....

If Morey gets him for less than that, he gets elevated from genius to demigod status.

DD

djohn2oo8
08-24-2010, 09:50 AM
Well, since he gets to decide, this changes everything.

I don't think the Rockets will give up all of that as far as future picks for him, Morey has been really prudent in his dealings.

But I would see Battier, Jeffries, Budginer and Hill probably going out....as well as a pick....

If Morey gets him for less than that, he gets elevated from genius to demigod status.

DD

You're not going to lowball the Nuggets. You would HAVE to give up that extra pick as well. Maybe Martin as well

Killakobe81
08-24-2010, 10:26 AM
nuggs are dumb to take any lowball offers ... and i would think they would prefer sending him East ...Having a a former player beat you once or twice a year ...is different than his new team knocking you out of the playoffs ... that being said i I would ALWAYS take the best deal even if it was in the same division ...but that is just me ...

The Franchise
08-24-2010, 11:30 AM
You're not going to lowball the Nuggets. You would HAVE to give up that extra pick as well. Maybe Martin as well

Martin isn't going anywhere. Picks, expirings and young talent is more than enough for Melo, especially since Denver will probably be rebuilding. The point of a trade is to make the team better. Trading a 20+ ppg scorer, young talent and multiple picks for another 20+ ppg scorer doesn't do that.

Cry Havoc
08-24-2010, 11:35 AM
Battier would be traded. Something like Battier (buy out maybe?) + Jeffries + Hill + Budinger + both Knicks picks (value raised with Melo to Houston) and $6M TE for Melo and JR Smith. Rockets lineup:

Brooks/Lowry
Martin/Lee/Taylor
Melo/Smith
Scola/Patterson/Hayes
Yao/Miller

STAAAACKED SON!

But, I'm not going to get my hopes up. Especially after this summer with Bosh.

Just as a thought, I don't know if I've ever seen a team trade it's best defender and then get better afterward. It just never works out well, IMO.

himat
08-24-2010, 12:10 PM
Just as a thought, I don't know if I've ever seen a team trade it's best defender and then get better afterward. It just never works out well, IMO.

:toast

Battier is the ultimate class act, tough defender, and model citizen...He's the opposite of Melo really.

TDMVPDPOY
08-24-2010, 12:14 PM
so nuggets trading away there star player for scrubs? only makes sense if they are rebuilding

if not, then there is better packages out there to put them in the spot for playoff contention, other then that 8th spot isnt even teed

picc84
08-24-2010, 12:19 PM
Why does the universe keep fucking with Rockets fans like this? :lmao

The Franchise
08-24-2010, 12:40 PM

This is all hypothetical. If you can't understand that then I'm sorry.

TD 21
08-24-2010, 12:46 PM
Makes sense that he would want to go to the Rockets. They're one of the few teams in the league that have the assets to acquire him while still being able to put a roster around him strong enough to potentially contend for a championship.

I forget who proposed it, but the best one I've seen is Anthony and Afflalo for Martin, Battier, Hill and Taylor. He might have had one of the Knicks picks in it as well.

For the Nuggets, this would allow them to remain a playoff caliber team, while having some young talent to go forward with.

For the Rockets, this would allow them to potentially contend for a championship, so long as Yao can stay upright.

djohn2oo8
08-24-2010, 12:47 PM

I don't know, it might be the switch from the championship uniforms to the pajama ugliest uniforms in the world curse, or the Hakeem to Toronto curse still hanging over us

djohn2oo8
08-24-2010, 05:43 PM
Good God, Knick fans are fucktarded

Rockets have bad talent. Good team but not a talented team. Not sure what the Nuggets would do with them. Same holds for Clippers other than maybe Blake Griffin.

I'd take any of the Knicks young talent over the turds the Clips or Rockets have. - posted by herniateddisc

"Yea i know , but to the media , Knicks having nothing to give up!"

"WE dont miss out, all you fans out there wishing on a star is going to miss out! personally, i don't want to trade for mello, im happy with what we have and truly believe that the team we have can win... if they play together a year or two, add necessary pieces and retain our core of stat, gallo & randolph, we will be an elite team... a better version of the hawks, imo."

http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=523610&page=61

Latarian Milton
08-25-2010, 12:26 AM
even with melo sealed they would still be 2 superstars short from the caliber of Heat. of the leagues best 3 we've got two, and Bosh is easily a top 10 player. were gonna see the Heat dynasty soonly. the whole worlds bball fans will all take off their old roulettes and become Heat fans, its a MOVEMENT.

sook
08-25-2010, 01:47 AM
fuck battier.

And there isn't enough ball to go around for melo/brooks/martin/Yao.

Latarian Milton
08-25-2010, 05:35 AM
fuck battier.

And there isn't enough ball to go around for melo/brooks/martin/Yao.

maybe Adelman can ask the last name to contribute his two, then they'll have 3 balls to go around.

Kobe™
08-25-2010, 06:26 AM

Good win tonight Spurs :toast

Looking forward to seeing the Spurs vs Nuggs in the WCF this season :toast

Only thing stopping these two teams making the WCF together is seeding :ihit

Double-Up
08-25-2010, 07:49 AM
maybe Adelman can ask the last name to contribute his two, then they'll have 3 balls to go around.

Will you shut the fuck up Rogue?

Ashy Larry
08-25-2010, 08:33 AM
Just better hope Yao can hold up.

djohn2oo8
08-25-2010, 09:40 PM
Someone from the Denver newspaper was on Sports Radio 610 Houston today saying NY is probably his top destination, but Houston is definitely at the top of the list. Just gotta wait and see.

The Franchise
08-25-2010, 10:42 PM
Just better hope Yao can hold up.

I expect them to treat the regular season like one long practice for Yao. I don't expect him to play more than 25 minutes a night until April or early May. Brad will help us out a lot with that.

djohn2oo8
08-26-2010, 01:58 PM
I'm hoping we get him, but it's pissing me off how Knick fans are looking at our roster and saying we can't top their offer because they "supposedly" have more talent

Venti Quattro
08-26-2010, 06:18 PM
Anthony, Nuggets look ready to part ways (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=Aslnhdwpd0kxPYguMroqV.G8vLYF?slug=aw-anthonynuggets082610)
By Adrian Wojnarowski, Yahoo! Sports
1 hour, 22 minutes ago

Carmelo Anthony(notes) wants out of Denver, and World Wide Wes delivered that message to the Nuggets with all the delicacy of a jackhammer at Sunday morning services. Do yourself a favor and trade him, the agent told the organization weeks ago.

Denver was furnished with a short list of teams and told to get to work. Yes, this how William Wesley and Leon Rose of CAA work now, thick with threats and ultimatums and a swagger suggesting that the sport belongs to them. After Anthony told owner-in-waiting Josh Kroenke that he still wanted out of Denver during a Sunday meeting, the Nuggets appear done trying to sell their All-Star forward on a contract extension.

This wasn’t a productive, nor particularly pleasant, meeting and multiple sources said it could turn out to be the point of no return for Anthony and the organization. Sources insist it’s no longer a matter of if the Nuggets trade Anthony, but when, where and for whom he’s traded for.

“It’s almost a given they’re going to move him,” said a front-office executive who’s talked with the Nuggets and Anthony’s agents with CAA.

Between the agents’ bullying and Anthony’s dismissive disposition in Sunday’s meeting, sources said Nuggets owner Stan Kroenke, Josh’s father, finally made a stand with CAA.

Keep it up, and the Nuggets will never do a deal for one of your clients again.

Try to dictate terms of a trade and we won’t move him.

Keep up the heavy-handedness and you’ll get a war.

Kroenke has decided to deal with CAA in a way most of the league is too fearful to try. Leon Rose, the agent who works with Wesley, backed down, sources said, and is willing to be more open-minded on potential trade destinations. Anthony wants to leave Denver and get his three-year, $65 million contract extension now. This partnership is rounding third and rapidly reaching disrepair. Denver is willing to trade Anthony, J.R. Smith(notes) and Kenyon Martin(notes), and start over again, sources said.

The Nuggets made it clear to teams they want young players and draft picks for Anthony, league executives said. The New Jersey Nets and Los Angeles Clippers have emerged as the two most probable destinations for Anthony because they have assets that appeal to Denver. The geography works for Anthony because of his wife LaLa Vazquez’s entertainment career.

Golden State and Houston are contenders, too. What’s more, the Charlotte Bobcats are a sleeper because of Anthony’s Brand Jordan shoe deal and the team’s ability to give the Nuggets a salary-dump proposal.

Back in mid-July, the Kroenkes had to travel to New York for Anthony’s wedding to finally realize he no longer intended to sign their extension offer. The reception spiraled into an evening of Chris Paul(notes) and Anthony’s brother making toasts about a future partnership for Anthony and Paul in New York with the Knicks. With nothing to trade for Anthony, though, New York isn’t considered a strong contender in the eyes of Denver management.

Few can be as strong-minded and willful as Stan Kroenke, and it doesn’t matter the Nuggets will be turned over to his son Josh by the end of the year. Stan still will be lording over the franchise, and the billionaire has shown an old-school ability to carry through on his convictions once you’ve lost him as an ally.

With the way that CAA has tried to muscle and manipulate the market this summer, a source said Stan Kroenke, freshly approved as the St. Louis Rams owner, feels further emboldened in the NBA’s collective bargaining talks to push for a “franchise player” tag that teams could slap on superstars like the one the NFL uses. NBA owners are still far from seriously discussing that issue, but CAA’s manipulation of Anthony and Paul while under contract has become an increasingly sore subject within the league.

For now, the departure of Denver general manager Mark Warkentien and the increased influence of Kroenke advisor Bret Bearup means there won’t be much of a fight within the organization to stay the course with Anthony, sources said. Denver has hired Masai Ujiri as its new GM, but he doesn’t arrive with the authority to make major moves. Things have deteriorated too fast and grown too nasty to believe Denver will turn back now. ‘Melo is on the market, and the bidding has begun.

The Franchise
08-26-2010, 08:18 PM
The Nuggets made it clear to teams they want young players and draft picks for Anthony, league executives said.
That's exactly what we have to offer. Our 2011, 2013, and NY 2012 first round picks. Budinger, Hill, Jeffries (expiring), and cash. Everybody is happy.

NuGGeTs-FaN
08-26-2010, 08:39 PM
A least the Nuggets won't get shafted like the Cavs/Raps

Gotta be at least a handful of teams who will put together decent packages, so at least there will be a bidding war.

Depending on what the Nuggets can get for Melo will probably also affect what happens with CB. They may as well trade him as well if they can't compete after the Melo trade

djohn2oo8
08-26-2010, 08:53 PM

Gotta be at least a handful of teams who will put together decent packages, so at least there will be a bidding war.

Depending on what the Nuggets can get for Melo will probably also affect what happens with CB. They may as well trade him as well if they can't compete after the Melo trade

If Nuggets do hold a Melo auction, my $$ is on Melo to Hou in a three-way with Charlotte -- Dampier to Den (gets under tax), Brooks to Cha. about 2 hours ago (http://twitter.com/johnhollinger/status/22218335822) via web

To clarify earlier post, Den would get much more than Damp -- get the NY picks from Hou, for starters. Only got 140 characters. 1 minute ago (http://twitter.com/johnhollinger/status/22226396075) via web

http://twitter.com/johnhollinger

Em-City
08-26-2010, 08:56 PM
^^^^ not sure if brooks to cha. will work, they're pretty big on williams and his $7m contract

sefant77
08-26-2010, 08:58 PM
That's exactly what we have to offer. Our 2011, 2013, and NY 2012 first round picks. Budinger, Hill, Jeffries (expiring), and cash. Everybody is happy.

lol houston faggots trying to assrape the Nuggets

Sure Budinger instead of Lee or Martin.

Rockets 11&13 would be pretty worthless after this trade, Knicks pick could be also #10-15.

And Melo choosing Houston and praying for Yaos health if he can go to NY with Amare and later Paul, sure

djohn2oo8
08-26-2010, 09:01 PM

Rockets 11&13 would be pretty worthless after this trade, Knicks pick could be also #10-15.

And Melo choosing Houston and praying for Yaos health if he can go to NY with Amare and later Paul, sure

Melo has said he isn't waiting around on NY, of course he could be bullshittin' , but if he really wants to be traded before the season, or even at the deadline, it won't be to the Knicks because they don't have anything to give up.

NuGGeTs-FaN
08-26-2010, 09:09 PM
Nuggets should get as much cap space and just tank it till 2013 and get Dwight/Dwill :smokin

oh snap, i am sounding like a Knicks fan the last couple of seasons :bang

Ashy Larry
08-26-2010, 09:20 PM
Lakers should offer that triple threat Lamar Odom, the smart and heady ball player Luke Walton and the deadeye three point shooter Sasha Vujacic for that head case Anthony.

Nuggets may get the best of that deal.

djohn2oo8
08-26-2010, 09:22 PM
Lakers should offer that triple threat Lamar Odom, the smart and heady ball player Luke Walton and the deadeye three point shooter Sasha Vujacic for that head case Anthony.

lol Jerry West isn't running the Nuggs

The Franchise
08-26-2010, 09:38 PM

That's what the team is asking for you fucking lummox. What part of draft picks and young talent don't you understand?

Venti Quattro
08-27-2010, 12:41 AM

Yup, and Melo had the decency to say that he wants to take his talents to another city so that the Nuggets could plan.

NuGGeTs-FaN
08-27-2010, 05:06 AM
Well at least my life as a Nuggets fan will be easier after this offseason :lol

No more trying to defend Melo, JR or Kmart.........all those guys will be gone and hopefully the Nuggets will have some decent character guys who actually care about basketball.

Melo will be missed of course but in the end he was a scoring machine and not much else.

I am looking forward to the next chapter of the Nuggets franchise. Melo wasn't taking this team to a title and lately he just doesn't seem to give two hoots about bball.

It's ironic that all the people that were bagging him are probably the ones vying for him to be on their team, and here i am thankful that i can finally stop trying to talk him up :lol

If the Nuggets could get a young package with a guy like Favours in it, then i think they will have done well. Who knows what packages are being offered though. Hopefully there is at least one good prospect in each package.

Ice009
08-27-2010, 06:50 AM
That's what the team is asking for you fucking lummox. What part of draft picks and young talent don't you understand?

Martin, Lee, Brooks all those guys are young talent. You're just trying to offload your worst young talent. Denver should not accept that unless you're willing to throw a decent young player or two in there.

The Franchise
08-27-2010, 08:40 AM
Martin, Lee, Brooks all those guys are young talent. You're just trying to offload your worst young talent. Denver should not accept that unless you're willing to throw a decent young player or two in there.

Martin is not what the Nuggets mean by young talent and you know it. They may want Aaron Brooks, but Lee cannot be traded right now so he's out of the picture. Besides, are you telling me Budinger and Hill are not decent young players? I would think a rebuilding team would want players with potential on rookie contracts.

sefant77
08-27-2010, 08:54 AM
Budinger and Hill are averaged young fuck heads and nothing special.

Brooks & Martin & Melo and just one ball, Yao going down, gonna be fun.

And Knicks have nothing to offer?

Gali, AR, Chandler, and Curry & Azus expirings, some later NY picks etc. Thats even better than your trash offer (Rockets picks would be worthless) and they can ship Anthonys ass into the east.

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=29vnjjv

21_Blessings
08-27-2010, 09:02 AM
It's ironic that all the people that were bagging him are probably the ones vying for him to be on their team, and here i am thankful that i can finally stop trying to talk him up :lol

Melo is a pussy bitch faggot and Laker fan wants nothing to do with that loser. Anyways.

Enjoy the lottery :toast

mountainballer
08-27-2010, 09:12 AM

oh well. you were really serious with your proposal. I guess most thought it was meant as a lame joke.

for the record: Nuggets will ask for potential high lottery picks, not some in the 20s.
and by young talent they mean young all-star talent, not bench player talent. (and no, Budinger and Hill are not all star material. be happy if they turn into decent bench player down the road)

Rockets could offer a somehow decent package, but it is far from what for example Nets could offer. (and btw., if Knicks offer a package with Gallinari and Randolph, that package has much more talent than what the Rockets could assemble with their young players)

however, any package built around Favors will be better than what most other teams could ever offer. Favors, Williams, 2011 1st rounder (plus Murphy to make the numbers work)
that's where you start talking!

btw. if Nuggets blow up the team this summer, Billups won't be in their long term plans as well.
I wonder if they could manage to package him with Melo and get back Harris. right, even at 34 Billups is much better than Harris, but for a rebuilding team Harris might be a better option long term. Nets would take Billups, he would turn them with into a PO team immediately.
and Harris (who is better than he showed last season) gives the Nuggets a decent solution at PG for several years. (Lawson is ok, but to small for most match ups)
just a guess.
Harris-Afflalo-Williams-Favors-Nene and Lawson off the bench. that's not a bad building block to restart.

sefant77
08-27-2010, 09:16 AM
Im expecting a seperate Melo and Billups trade.

I could see Billups ending up in Charlotte for Damps contract.

mountainballer
08-27-2010, 09:27 AM
could very well happen. would make sense as well. but as far as I know Bobcats can't trow in the 2011 1st rounder though. (2012 goes to Bulls) might be a deal breaker.

Venti Quattro
08-27-2010, 10:10 AM

Luke's very high BBALL IQ may well be the difference for a Nuggets championship.

Lukor
08-27-2010, 12:25 PM
This World Wide Wes guy is starting to piss me off. He's got his hands in everything.

mountainballer
08-27-2010, 01:00 PM
This World Wide Wes guy is starting to piss me off. He's got his hands in everything.

no. he claims he has his hands in everything and the media believe him. that guy is a free rider, who successfully built a myth around himself.
well, Mr. "Lebron will join the Bulls" Wesley got his head in every NBA players ass, so yes, he is wherever a players ass shows up.

djohn2oo8
08-27-2010, 02:54 PM
oh well. you were really serious with your proposal. I guess most thought it was meant as a lame joke.

for the record: Nuggets will ask for potential high lottery picks, not some in the 20s.
and by young talent they mean young all-star talent, not bench player talent. (and no, Budinger and Hill are not all star material. be happy if they turn into decent bench player down the road)

Rockets could offer a somehow decent package, but it is far from what for example Nets could offer. (and btw., if Knicks offer a package with Gallinari and Randolph, that package has much more talent than what the Rockets could assemble with their young players)

however, any package built around Favors will be better than what most other teams could ever offer. Favors, Williams, 2011 1st rounder (plus Murphy to make the numbers work)
that's where you start talking!

btw. if Nuggets blow up the team this summer, Billups won't be in their long term plans as well.
I wonder if they could manage to package him with Melo and get back Harris. right, even at 34 Billups is much better than Harris, but for a rebuilding team Harris might be a better option long term. Nets would take Billups, he would turn them with into a PO team immediately.
and Harris (who is better than he showed last season) gives the Nuggets a decent solution at PG for several years. (Lawson is ok, but to small for most match ups)
just a guess.
Harris-Afflalo-Williams-Favors-Nene and Lawson off the bench. that's not a bad building block to restart.

Brooks would be apart of that deal as well, and Gallanari has a bad back, Denver knows that. And who says the NY picks we have won't be in the top 10? Bottom line is the Knicks cannot top any offer the Rockets make

Brooks, Budinger, Hill, Patterson, Jefferies, NY Picks and possibly Battier

Latarian Milton
08-27-2010, 06:25 PM
check his personality and you find no ambition, loyalty etc.... dude plays the game for money only. tbh he doesn't really care if his team is competitive or not, he will be always happy with his life as long as the money is good. if rockets can meet his demands the move will be likely to come true, but there's no way melo could hoist the rockets further than they used to go with T-Mac & shit as the cores.

Latarian Milton
08-27-2010, 06:31 PM
Brooks would be apart of that deal as well, and Gallanari has a bad back, Denver knows that. And who says the NY picks we have won't be in the top 10? Bottom line is the Knicks cannot top any offer the Rockets make

losing brooks would turn out to be a big loss through time. the little dude has an ocean of ambition and bravery, which melo has none of. Brooks is not a superstar material but I don't think it'll be too unrealistic to expect a Rondo-caliber player from his side.

IMHO Lebron & Wade are the only targets worth losing brooks. Melo is good and his arrival will at least propel the jersey&tickets sales, but I don't see any significant change melo brings.

sefant77
08-27-2010, 06:35 PM

Maybe check the Nuggets roster before pulling of stupid trade ideas. Nuggets have Lawson, so thats allready a position they dont need.

Still, if the Nuggets arent stupid they need to match the minimum salary the next years and with Billups and Martin gone they need anyone "some" salary and Martin is still kinf pre-prime with 27 and has a ok contract.

So if you want to start trade offers start with Martin/Lee...

djohn2oo8
08-27-2010, 06:51 PM
Maybe check the Nuggets roster before pulling of stupid trade ideas. Nuggets have Lawson, so thats allready a position they dont need.

Still, if the Nuggets arent stupid they need to match the minimum salary the next years and with Billups and Martin gone they need anyone "some" salary and Martin is still kinf pre-prime with 27 and has a ok contract.

So if you want to start trade offers start with Martin/Lee...

Lee can't be traded, Martin wouldn't serve any use to them if they are going the rebuilding mode, and Martin serves as a really good complimentary player. Brooks may not go to Denver, if it is a three way trade like Hollinger suggests it could be, he would go to Charlotte, with Dampier going to Denver, so they can waive him with the money coming off the books right away

If Nuggets do hold a Melo auction, my $$ is on Melo to Hou in a three-way with Charlotte -- Dampier to Den (gets under tax), Brooks to Cha. 4:23 PM Aug 26th (http://twitter.com/johnhollinger/status/22218335822) via web

To clarify earlier post, Den would get much more than Damp -- get the NY picks from Hou, for starters. Only got 140 characters. about 22 hours ago (http://twitter.com/johnhollinger/status/22226396075) via web

Latarian Milton
08-27-2010, 07:03 PM
for what i know melo personal wants to join NY but NY has nothing appealing to denver. whoever gets him will have a bloody battle against NY fighting over him at the end of the season, and the odd of losing the battle will be over 70% because of melo's personal preference for NY, just something to think about. another peja-artest type of trade.

sefant77
08-27-2010, 07:05 PM
Now starting with great Trollinger tweets.

So 27 old Kevin Martin with 35/3 left has no use for a rebuilding Denver? :lol

A guy you can always trade again for lottery talent/picks. So no, because the Nuggets dont like Martin for their rebuild they prefer some trash like Jeffries and Budinger...sure

djohn2oo8
08-27-2010, 07:11 PM
Now starting with great Trollinger tweets.

So 27 old Kevin Martin with 35/3 left has no use for a rebuilding Denver? :lol

A guy you can always trade again for lottery talent/picks. So no, because the Nuggets dont like Martin for their rebuild they prefer some trash like Jeffries and Budinger...sure

lol dummy, Jeffries is an expiring, Budinger is young talent, along with Hill, and Patterson, which is what they are looking for, but the main part of the deal is those NY picks.

NuGGeTs-FaN
08-27-2010, 07:25 PM
I'd rather a Clipps package that includes Gordon/Kaman

move Kmart/JR for a decent sf and you have billups/gordon/?/nene/kaman

sefant77
08-27-2010, 07:32 PM
lol dummy, Jeffries is an expiring, Budinger is young talent, along with Hill, and Patterson, which is what they are looking for, but the main part of the deal is those NY picks.

Again:
Budinger and Hill are average talents, nothing more. Nothing special. Patterson is a damn rookie and #14 pick.

If im Denver i take Gali, AR and Curry with some later NY picks over this crap.

Who say the Knicks cant sneak in the #8 spot in the east?

And 2012? Lets see what the Knicks do with max cap next year before you are praising the 2012 pick.

Lars
08-28-2010, 01:38 AM
Again:
Budinger and Hill are average talents, nothing more. Nothing special. Patterson is a damn rookie and #14 pick.

If im Denver, and a huge fucking moron, i take Gali, AR and Curry with some later NY picks over this crap.

Who say the Knicks cant sneak in the #8 spot in the east?

And 2012? Lets see what the Knicks do with max cap next year before you are praising the 2012 pick.

I agree with this guy

djohn2oo8
08-28-2010, 06:59 PM
Melo's wife LaLa is in Houston, I just saw her in the Galleria. 10 minutes ago (http://twitter.com/BillyWashington/status/22392507420) via Twitter for BlackBerry® (http://blackberry.com/twitter)

http://twitter.com/BillyWashington

Dear God, can this please be what I think it is???

Latarian Milton
08-28-2010, 07:25 PM
nuggest would be starting to rebuild if they let melo go, so expirings/picks/youths are the most attractive. Bobcats also have a decent chance here because they can offer nuggets an instant salary dump, and for melo himself it wouldn't be too bad to play for Jordan's team.

expirings also offer financial relief but they will still generate an equal amount of luxury tax that a rebuilding team naturally dislikes.

Kobe Molested Me
08-28-2010, 07:27 PM
Melo's wife LaLa is in Houston, I just saw her in the Galleria. 10 minutes ago (http://twitter.com/BillyWashington/status/22392507420) via Twitter for BlackBerry® (http://blackberry.com/twitter)

http://twitter.com/BillyWashington

Dear God, can this please be what I think it is???

Houston! For @KELLYROWLAND's event tonight..where r u kells!!??!!!
about 3 hours ago via ÜberTwitter

http://twitter.com/LaLa

Goran Dragic
09-01-2010, 12:09 AM
:lmao