PDA

View Full Version : Who would you rather have Marc Gasol or Al Jefferson?

PGDynasty24
08-23-2010, 11:48 PM
Just wondering?

Both are 25 years old,Both are big men. If you had to pick one which one would u pick?

BRHornet45
08-23-2010, 11:50 PM
Jefferson simply because of his skin color. other than that they are fairly close.

PGDynasty24
08-23-2010, 11:51 PM
jefferson simply because of his skin color. Other than that they are fairly close.

lol

IronMexican
08-23-2010, 11:52 PM
Al is a lot better when he actually wants to try. Marc has just about maxed out, imo.

The Franchise
08-23-2010, 11:54 PM
Marc Gasol. He has more size, is more physical, has been just as productive, but is much, much less of a ballstopper.

PGDynasty24
08-23-2010, 11:54 PM
I somewhat agree in the favor of Big Al when he wants to be. He is more talented player than Marc,only thing I think Marc has on him is less injury prone and better passer/more intangibles

himat
08-23-2010, 11:55 PM
Al is a lot better when he actually wants to try. Marc has just about maxed out, imo.

You really think that he's done improving?

PGDynasty24
08-23-2010, 11:57 PM
Ya no way Marc is done improving,he will get better he is only 25 years old

himat
08-24-2010, 12:00 AM
You guys are going to see Big Al put up some sick numbers playing along Deron this year.

Good point, but I hate how he plays very little defense.

Nathan89
08-24-2010, 12:06 AM
Jefferson simply because of his skin color. other than that they are fairly close.

lol

:lmao

Oh yeah, racism is great against white people.:lmao

Not really, I hope no spurs fans laugh at this idiotic comment.

Spurz iN 09
08-24-2010, 12:08 AM
:lmao

I had to log on just so say how funny that comment was bro. you's a funny dude bruh.

PGDynasty24
08-24-2010, 12:09 AM
Oh yeah, racism is great against white people.:lmao

Not really, I hope no spurs fans laugh at this idiotic comment.

Dude get over it,it's a fucking internet forum. Everyone calls Luva a stinky packy all the time,everyone makes fun of greeks all the time and everyone makes fun of beaners,every1 insults black people. Every1 get's insulted,take off your fucking diaper you whiner

HarlemHeat37
08-24-2010, 12:16 AM
I would take Jefferson as a #1 or #2 option, but I would obviously go with Gasol if I needed a #3 option or a role player type..I'm not a big fan of either guy, but I'd probably rather have Gasol as a #3 then have to rely on Jefferson as a top 2 option..

Gasol is underrated as an offensive weapon and overrated as a defender..he has a good post-up game for a low-volume shooter, he's a 51% shooter in post up situations and takes advantage of his opportunities..a good cutter, good offensive rebounder, very good at running in transition(in regards to Cs..

Jefferson has arguably the best post game in the NBA, he's great at scoring from rebounding..he's a poor passer that doesn't draw many fouls though, so he has some major flaws if you need him to be a #1/#2 option, which you would need him to be for him to be as effective as possible..

Both guys are poor individual defenders, but Gasol is a good team defender that would probably be better if he was on a team with better defenders around him..although to be fair, Jefferson suffers from being played out of position defensively, and playing for an all-around poor team in Minnesota..

Nathan89
08-24-2010, 12:35 AM
Dude get over it,it's a fucking internet forum. Everyone calls Luva a stinky packy all the time,everyone makes fun of greeks all the time and everyone makes fun of beaners,every1 insults black people. Every1 get's insulted,take off your fucking diaper you whiner

I have not seen any of this yet. I thought it was only going to be funny if the racism was against white people. Its alright with me if everybody is open game. Just check out my user title "Mr. Equality".

BRHornet45
08-24-2010, 12:48 AM
I have not seen any of this yet. I thought it was only going to be funny if the racism was against white people. Its alright with me if everybody is open game. Just check out my user title "Mr. Equality".

HEY WHITEY!!!! .....

u mad?

Venti Quattro
08-24-2010, 01:05 AM
I'd take Marc Gasol.

slick'81
08-24-2010, 01:13 AM
coming off the knee surgery ill take marc

DesignatedT
08-24-2010, 01:42 AM
Al is definitely better than Marc. Not even close. But Marc would make a better role player if that is what you needed.

ezau
08-24-2010, 05:45 AM
HEY WHITEY!!!! .....

u mad?

:lmao:lmao

ezau
08-24-2010, 05:46 AM
It's actually pretty close, but I'd go with Marc

Purch
08-24-2010, 07:49 AM
I hope people do realize there both only 25 right? Neither of them is done improving. Though Gasol needs to be in a situation without so many ball dominant teamates

That being said Give me the one who makes Yao his ****** on a consistant basis

hater
08-24-2010, 09:19 AM
Marc Gasol. He actually tries to play D and will improve that aspect.

Big Al has been around for years and still doesn't know how to spell D

Texas_Ranger
08-24-2010, 09:46 AM
Al is a great player, but he plays no defense, he's not even trying.
Gasol is a pretty good player and if he was a first option guy in MIN he'd have the same numbers as Al. And he can play solid D. I would take Marc.

Purch
08-24-2010, 11:00 AM
Al is a great player, but he plays no defense, he's not even trying.
Gasol is a pretty good player and if he was a first option guy in MIN he'd have the same numbers as Al. And he can play solid D. I would take Marc.
You think Gasol could put up the same numbers on Minny against the triple teams Jefferson faces on a nightly basis?

For some reason I doubt his offensive game is that close to Jefferson

In 08-09 nearly on every possesion he was either double teamed or triple teamed. And still averged near a point a possesion

jacobdrj
08-24-2010, 11:16 AM
coming off the knee surgery ill take marc

this

Cry Havoc
08-24-2010, 11:33 AM
Jefferson, no question. I like Gasol more as a player, but Al has waaaay more upside to his game. With good coaching he could be an absolute force in the next few years, especially with Deron throwing him lobs into the post.

TimmehC
08-24-2010, 11:38 AM
Marc. Ballhog Randolph deflated his numbers last year, but he's very good on both sides of the ball.

Killakobe81
08-24-2010, 12:53 PM
Good point, but I hate how he plays very little defense.

agree with luva and himat ...
he develops the 16 footer with Dwill as a PG Al jeff with his post moves will be a force ...
But defensively both 1 on 1 and in pick n roll he sucks. Marc isnt spctacular defensively and probably is still slower than Al ...But Marc tries harder on defense IMHO and his offense is growing.
I think there is batter chance that Marc improves a great deal on offense and comes closer to Al jeff then Al jeff makes huge strides defensively. But he does have a defnsive minded coach so maybe he surprises us all ...

nkdlunch
08-24-2010, 12:56 PM
chances of Gasol improving his offense >>> chances of AJ playing good defense consistently

Killakobe81
08-24-2010, 12:57 PM
good point though both are 25 ...Marc has played a lot less NBA ball. so he can improve a great deal ...
Al jeff has his best coach and best PG so i do think he can improve too just not as much as Marc. Bottom line offensively Al jeff i much better at thi spoint in the post ...and as a scorer. But passing and screening I do think Marc does some things a bit better on that end because he has a better basketbal IQ ...

8FOR!3
08-24-2010, 02:57 PM
I'll take Al Jefferson because of his upside, but Marc Gasol's very talented, just a different kind of player. And he doesn't have the potential factor you've always seen in his brother.

SomeCallMeTim
08-24-2010, 07:32 PM
Gasol was definitely the better player last year, but Al could have some improvement this year with his knee continuing to heal after surgery.

I find it interesting that many people called Gasol the better player in this thread, because he is for now but most people seem to assume Jefferson is better. I figured it would go 9-1 for Al.

21_Blessings
08-24-2010, 11:03 PM
It's actually pretty close, but I'd go with Marc

So what you're actually saying is the Lakers gave up more for Pau than the Celtics gave up for KG.

:lol