PDA

View Full Version : Bush's chicken...........

lebomb
08-24-2010, 08:10 AM
Grabbed a box from the new location on Potranco road. It was decent..........tasted very close to Churches IMHO. I was told it was amazing chicken by lots of folks. I didn't think it was anything special........ AND, it definitely didn't taste like home made as I was also told. :rolleyes

bus driver
08-24-2010, 08:22 AM
damn.......

i was hoping for some good fried chicken. i went to dallas last week and saw them on the way up and knew they are making some in town so i was excited. i guess i will continue to eat bill miller's chicken :depressed

Viva Las Espuelas
08-24-2010, 08:31 AM
Something else we can blame bush for.........

Drachen
08-24-2010, 08:57 AM
Anyone ever eat at that place in UC called Chapman's Chicken? I don't know if it is still open, but its commercials were a good lesson in (possibly unintentional) racial insensitivity. "Chaaaapman's Chicken, Sho' Nuff"

lebomb
08-24-2010, 09:00 AM
Anyone ever eat at that place in UC called Chapman's Chicken? I don't know if it is still open, but its commercials were a good lesson in (possibly unintentional) racial insensitivity. "Chaaaapman's Chicken, Sho' Nuff"

:lmao ............. I bet that was some damn good yard bird!!!!

TDMVPDPOY
08-24-2010, 09:26 AM
it all comes down to the batter they soak the chicken in right? or more of frying technique?

hater
08-24-2010, 09:30 AM
I thought this was about someone dodging the draft

lebomb
08-24-2010, 09:32 AM
it all comes down to the batter they soak the chicken in right? or more of frying technique?

Its the batter.............the chicken is crispier than Churches, but it tastes really close to the same. At least to me.

No one will probably believe this, but the closest take out chicken to home cooked I ever ate was from the deli at Albertsons...........before they closed :depressed

Every time I had guests and I brought that chicken home, they would ask where I go it from.

mrsmaalox
08-24-2010, 09:34 AM
It's just okay, the crust has a perfect texture, but the flavor is really bland. Same for the chicken itself----the pieces are enormous, obviously water injected. But if you're gonna inject it, why use plain water? Put some kind of flavor in at least!

lebomb
08-24-2010, 09:39 AM
It's just okay, the crust has a perfect texture, but the flavor is really bland. Same for the chicken itself----the pieces are enormous, obviously water injected. But if you're gonna inject it, why use plain water? Put some kind of flavor in at least!

X2!!! I felt the same way..........big crunchy pieces that has no flavor. That is how I feel about Churches......no flavor and less cruchy than Bush's. I always eat a jalapeno with Churches to give that bird some zing. :wakeup

JoeChalupa
08-24-2010, 09:44 AM
There are two Bush's chicken's near us and it isn't bad but yeah there is really not that much flavor. I feel the same way about Bill Miller's chicken. Spice them up!!

marini martini
08-24-2010, 10:28 AM
I thought this was about someone dodging the draft

:lmao

Whisky Dog
08-24-2010, 10:31 AM
Pollo Campero kicks all these chicken places asses

ashbeeigh
08-24-2010, 10:37 AM
Make the drive up to New Braunfels or Seguin for Chicken Express. It's the best evvveeer.

marini martini
08-24-2010, 10:40 AM
Make the drive up to New Braunfels or Seguin for Chicken Express. It's the best evvveeer.

We now have one in Bulverde, off of 46 W. Kind of pricey, if you ask me!!!

Please Chicken Gods, build a Bill Miller's out here!!:rolleyes

Viva Las Espuelas
08-24-2010, 10:41 AM
Chicken express rawks :tu

Tbh, I've only had the tenders and they're pretty damn tasty. Also, they have Dublin dr pepper on tap. Mmmmmmmm

Leetonidas
08-24-2010, 10:43 AM
What kind of dumbass goes to a chicken place for home cooked style chicken? Make it at home you lazy fuck.

atlfan25
08-24-2010, 10:50 AM
Naturally, only something home made will taste as such. Fuck almighty. You go to Bush's to taste Bush's style.

ashbeeigh
08-24-2010, 10:59 AM
We now have one in Bulverde, off of 46 W. Kind of pricey, if you ask me!!!

Please Chicken Gods, build a Bill Miller's out here!!:rolleyes

It could be $10...it's worth it. It's yummy!

marini martini
08-24-2010, 11:07 AM
It could be $10...it's worth it. It's yummy!

It really is good. I served their chicken legs, biscuits & corn on the cob, at my 2 yr. old grandsons Birthday Party a few months ago. I was a "hit" with the kids. Not so much with their parents though.:lmao

Oh well!:rolleyes

4>0rings
08-24-2010, 11:11 AM
Anyone ever eat at that place in UC called Chapman's Chicken? I don't know if it is still open, but its commercials were a good lesson in (possibly unintentional) racial insensitivity. "Chaaaapman's Chicken, Sho' Nuff"That and when it pans around the restuarant, it shows nothing but blacks.

El Chorizo
08-24-2010, 11:21 AM
What kind of dumbass goes to a chicken place for home cooked style chicken? Make it at home you lazy fuck.

better yet use CC's recipe. es numero uno

robino2001
08-25-2010, 08:52 AM
I didn't like the Chicken Express in Round Rock the first couple of times we ate there, but we went this weekend and it was fantastic.