PDA

View Full Version : When/How did the NE/Windcrest/Converse area become the black community in San Antonio

Glenn Holland
08-24-2010, 03:35 PM
Self explanitory title. How/when did the Converse/Windcrest/NE area become the black community in San Antonio?

CosmicCowboy
08-24-2010, 03:37 PM
Katrina...they used the empty mall where rack space is now as a shelter and then they all settled there.

rjv
08-24-2010, 03:46 PM
who cares ?

CubanMustGo
08-24-2010, 03:51 PM
When did The Club become the place to have race-baiting discussion?

Johnson
08-24-2010, 03:51 PM
Northeast side has always been, to my recollection at least

And what's the point of the thread anyway?

edit: hey, 100 posts!

rjv
08-24-2010, 03:56 PM
and actually the city of converse has always had a twice as large african american base than the city of San Antonio and this was even before katrina. the cenus of converse showed a 13.3% makeup in the year 2000. the reason being that many of the military personnel assigned to the base often stay in san antonio.

jimo2305
08-24-2010, 06:03 PM
is there a problem son?

http://threadbombing.com/data/media/2/gay_smack.gif

4>0rings
08-24-2010, 06:18 PM
Katrina...they used the empty mall where rack space is now as a shelter and then they all settled there.
They were there before because of military housing but that didn't help...er hurt... what ever.

Drachen
08-24-2010, 06:24 PM
I am 30 years old, and grew up in converse. That side of town has always had that ethnic make-up.

ChuckD
08-24-2010, 06:32 PM

??? Other than Windcrest, which still isn't a "black area", that area has been at least the second blackest in the Metro area for the 25+ years I've lived here. Only the near East side is darker.

fraga
08-24-2010, 07:26 PM
Tonight's forecast...dark and cloudy...with a chance of drive-by...

Destro
08-24-2010, 08:45 PM
the military base and that area is the suburbs of the East side

ashbeeigh
08-24-2010, 10:14 PM

No matter how insensitive this statement is...it is true, http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/MYSA103006_01A_KatrCrimeWillow_38c4c29_html4150.ht ml?showFullArticle=y

Cant_Be_Faded
08-24-2010, 10:14 PM
More importantly when did the greatest Pitching Prospect out of Scherrrttzzz disappear from spurstalk and only start posting from his greatest troll six years later?

TheAdmiral#50
08-24-2010, 11:58 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v661/payton34smith22/HOT/Tiara/2lmrifp6141618_jpg.gif

howbouthemspurs
08-25-2010, 12:08 AM
Why you so scared of black people?

ALWAYS bet on BLACK
08-25-2010, 12:14 AM
1 4 3 . i la la la love you
pCczOW-34Bk

gospursgojas
08-25-2010, 12:34 AM
I would like to see the percentage of african american population of San Antonio pre and post Katrina

howbouthemspurs
08-25-2010, 12:51 AM
I would like to see the percentage of african american population of San Antonio pre and post Katrina

I bet the percentage has changed drastically!

gospursgojas
08-25-2010, 01:00 AM
I bet the percentage has changed drastically!

Well i'd say 3 or 4 maybe even 5 percent. But an increase of even that small percentage to a 2 mil city is alot of people

howbouthemspurs
08-25-2010, 01:17 AM
Well i'd say 3 or 4 maybe even 5 percent. But an increase of even that small percentage to a 2 mil city is alot of people

I say by almost 100,000

BRHornet45
08-25-2010, 01:21 AM

sons thanks again for taking in our Katrina rats. Texas was a huge part in helping cleaning out New Orleans and making it beautiful again! The crime rate has dropped, the streets are cleaner, the city is booming again, and the Saints won the Super Bowl.

ALWAYS bet on BLACK
08-25-2010, 01:39 AM
no problem brhornet.

the NE side of san antonio continues to fall deeper into the depths of a hellish area. crime has risen. communities are even more poor and even in the light of day it still is dark as night.

but dont take my word for it, wait for buddy holly to show you renderings of the "new" rackspace building located at the old windsor park mall which housed the refugees from katrina.

ALWAYS bet on BLACK
08-25-2010, 01:40 AM
and the gal in your sign, brhonrnet, shayla stylez. well i bet she would love the NE side of san antonio since she is a true brotha lover

lebomb
08-25-2010, 06:44 AM
.............dont know, but damnit, Judson has always been good at football..........what? 6 state titles? And now Steele is becoming a power.

That is all......... /thread. :hat

atlfan25
08-25-2010, 06:48 AM
Jesus Fucking Christ, Lebomb. I hope you're under 20 years of age.

Cantbefaded, don't fucking say glenn holland=atl ever again.

atlfan25
08-25-2010, 06:51 AM
And Yes Windcrest/Converse Is A Fucking Shithole. New Trailers From The 40s. For Fucks Sake.

JoeChalupa
08-25-2010, 08:04 AM
I've lived in Converse the past 14 yrs and have never really noticed. On our block alone whites out number blacks and hispanics and when ever we go to HEB or the Forum we see many more whites than blacks and when we went to the meet & greet at judson middle school there was a mix of all races and it was not predominately black. We've had no problems at all with crime either in our neighborhood either.

robino2001
08-25-2010, 08:45 AM
I grew up/lived in that area for 20ish years... as others said - it's always been that way... though the deep east side of SA is THE black community. The Glen/Camelot wasn't named year after year the worse neighborhood in Bexar County for nothing... My parents are still in the same neighborhood and it just gets worse and worse (crime, etc) as the original Randolph military moves further out (schertz, cibolo, garden ridge, etc). In the 80's, the Randolph people built up Woodlake, Millers Point, Spring Meadows, etc - but a lot of that has left. My parents are stuck in their house for the rest of their lives though - don't plan to move. Windsor Park turned into a mass of 20 urban clothing stores and ghetto teenage portrait studios before the mall finally closed.

To Joe's post... if you're at the HEB at Kitty Hawk (assuming since you reference the forum), you're right. When I was in school there... Kitty Hawk was the white (then) junior high, Woodlake was hispanic, Kirby was black (why most of the athletes usually came from Woodlake/Kirby then). That's why I expected Wagner to eventually pass Judson as the athletic power in the district - which they are slowly starting to. The KHMS area is still the only predominantly white part of the district although the district as a whole is much more mixed than it used to be.

SpursWoman
08-25-2010, 09:09 AM
Kitty Hawk HEB is my HEB! heh.

My cracker daughter goes to Judson and my cracker son goes to Kitty Hawk.

Judson demographics:

enrollment: 3659 (up 568 from last year, holy crap!)

African American: 26%
Asian: 3%
Hispanic: 45%
Native American: 0%
White/Caucasion: 23%

When did this forum get so fucking racist, anyway? Did your KKK and RedNeckInbreds forum get shut down or something?

ashbeeigh
08-25-2010, 09:15 AM
When did this forum get so fucking racist, anyway? Did your KKK and RedNeckInbreds forum get shut down or something?

I don't know. Everyone calls me racist for saying one thing about someone who hit my car (2 years ago nonetheless) but look at these posters.

Trainwreck2100
08-25-2010, 09:19 AM
Kitty Hawk HEB is my HEB! heh.

My cracker daughter goes to Judson and my cracker son goes to Kitty Hawk.

Judson demographics:

enrollment: 3659 (up 568 from last year, holy crap!)

African American: 26%
Asian: 3%
Hispanic: 45%
Native American: 0%
White/Caucasion: 23%

we're just making our voices heard cause them darkies livin off the gov. spend all they time on the web instead of actually working.

SpursWoman
08-25-2010, 09:46 AM
Does anyone else hear banjos? :lol

CubanMustGo
08-25-2010, 09:50 AM
we're just making our voices heard cause them darkies livin off the gov. spend all they time on the web instead of actually working.

Aren't you a charmer.

JoeChalupa
08-25-2010, 10:12 AM
Aren't you a charmer.

I'm shocked he's still a virgin.

Trainwreck2100
08-25-2010, 10:17 AM
Aren't you a charmer.

thank you

hater
08-25-2010, 10:20 AM
so San Antonio finally will produce good athletes :tu

Trainwreck2100
08-25-2010, 10:22 AM
so San Antonio finally will produce good athletes :tu

prob not. we are a still one of the fattest cities after all

Dark Gable
08-25-2010, 11:21 AM
Interesting. I live in the Stone Oak area.

08-25-2010, 11:25 AM
Does anyone else hear banjos? :lol

Paddle faster.

bus driver
08-25-2010, 11:28 AM
I've lived in Converse the past 14 yrs and have never really noticed. On our block alone whites out number blacks and hispanics and when ever we go to HEB or the Forum we see many more whites than blacks and when we went to the meet & greet at judson middle school there was a mix of all races and it was not predominately black. We've had no problems at all with crime either in our neighborhood either.

what about at night? :wakeup

ALWAYS bet on BLACK
08-25-2010, 11:48 AM
lebomb, you have got to be the gayest tranny evvvvaa

considering the state average for % of black in a high school is 14, Judson at 26% and Wagner at 36% is fucking major

those might just be the two blackest high schools south of the the 610 loop

lebomb
08-25-2010, 11:58 AM
lebomb, you have got to be the gayest tranny evvvvaa

considering the state average for % of black in a high school is 14, Judson at 26% and Wagner at 36% is fucking major

those might just be the two blackest high schools south of the the 610 loop

Yeah, but their football teams are 65-75% black. Also, what is a gay tranny? Is there a such thing?

ALWAYS bet on BLACK
08-25-2010, 12:03 PM
Yeah, but their football teams are 65-75% black. Also, what is a gay tranny? Is there a such thing?
first off, this isnt a HS football forum so shut the fuck up with that shit but if you want to go there, then the fact of the matter is that a team can be 100% black and they will still get their asses kicked in the title game by an all white team from Katy or South Lake

SpursWoman
08-25-2010, 12:25 PM
first off, this isnt a HS football forum so shut the fuck up with that shit but if you want to go there, then the fact of the matter is that a team can be 100% black and they will still get their asses kicked in the title game by an all white team from Katy or South Lake

This is a catch-all forum for pretty much anything, which would include high school football if that's what someone wanted to talk about.

What was the point of this thread again?

ALWAYS bet on BLACK
08-25-2010, 12:28 PM
This is a catch-all forum for pretty much anything, which would include high school football if that's what someone wanted to talk about.

What was the point of this thread again?
hmmm

so instead of posting high school football( a sport) in the other sports forum, it should go in the club????
Other Sports (http://spurstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=22) (9 Viewing)
Talk about NASCAR, bowling, golf, poker or whatever else you classify as a sport.

hmmmmmmmmmmm
seems like that shit needs to be in the OTHER SPORTS FORUM

if not, then the other sports forum may as well be deleted since anything that does not have a designated forum already can go in the club, right?

ALWAYS bet on BLACK
08-25-2010, 12:33 PM
Entertainment and Politics (http://spurstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6) Do you want to talk about something other than sports? You've found the right place.
http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/Style_Templates/Flashskin/statusicon/forum_new.gif The Club (http://spurstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=7) (177 Viewing)
Discuss anything that is on your mind. Let it all hang out :)

ALWAYS bet on BLACK
08-25-2010, 12:33 PM
"other than sports"

apparently not anymore.

lebomb
08-25-2010, 12:35 PM

Dude.............why so angry? :lmao Ok, Ok......calm down. You have a couple of valid points............but, we are talking Converse and Windcrest here. And why there are so many blacks............like I said.........Judson football. If you were black and lived on the East side, would you want to suit up for East Central, Brackenridge or Fox Tech.......or would you relocate a little further north, go to Judson and win a championship?

CubanMustGo
08-25-2010, 12:35 PM
So now ALWAYS bet on BLACK is playing forum moderator wannabe?

manufan10
08-25-2010, 12:39 PM
Send some to the Rio Grande Valley. We could always use some better athletes.

ALWAYS bet on BLACK
08-25-2010, 12:44 PM
Dude.............why so angry? :lmao Ok, Ok......calm down. You have a couple of valid points............but, we are talking Converse and Windcrest here. And why there are so many blacks............like I said.........Judson football. If you were black and lived on the East side, would you want to suit up for East Central, Brackenridge or Fox Tech.......or would you relocate a little further north, go to Judson and win a championship?

Judson hasnt won shit since the split and Wagner opened up. Get use to it.

In November, the district will vote on a new bond that includes a third HS...So the talent will be split even more...

So now ALWAYS bet on BLACK is playing forum moderator wannabe?

yes. :married:

Send some to the Rio Grande Valley. We could always use some better athletes.
maybe....but the major problem is coaching and attitude.
the mexican culture is not focused on football.

lebomb
08-25-2010, 12:48 PM
Judson hasnt won shit since the split and Wagner opened up. Get use to it.

In November, the district will vote on a new bond that includes a third HS...So the talent will be split even more...

:rolleyes ............... thanks for proving my point even more. Lots of families relocate from the east/eastside to the Northeast side so they can get out of the so called hood, and get their kids to play in better football and athletic programs. Its not the only reason there are more blacks in that area..........but it is a reason non the less.

Also..............Judson just went to the state championship in 2007. Lost by 3 pts.

ALWAYS bet on BLACK
08-25-2010, 12:50 PM
:rolleyes ............... thanks for proving my point even more. Lots of families relocate from the east/eastside to the Northeast side so they can get out of the so called hood, and get their kids to play in better football and athletic programs.

Also..............Judson just went to the state championship in 2007. Lost by 3 pts.

i never said your point was wrong.
again, judson. has. not. won. shit. since. wagner. opened.

thats for proving my point.

lebomb
08-25-2010, 01:09 PM
i never said your point was wrong.
again, judson. has. not. won. shit. since. wagner. opened.

thats for proving my point.

This ISNT a Judson vs Wagner thread ........... :lmao Where did you get that from? Ok, lots of blacks relocate to Converse/Windcrest area so their kids can excel in athletics at Wagner. Just another reason..........not the only one.

:wakeup

JoeChalupa
08-25-2010, 02:28 PM
This ISNT a Judson vs Wagner thread ........... :lmao Where did you get that from? Ok, lots of blacks relocate to Converse/Windcrest area so their kids can excel in athletics at Wagner. Just another reason..........not the only one.

:wakeup

:lmao So Judson is expected to win a championship every year? Some residents feel that way but it isn't the case at all. How this turned into a "all black" vs "all white" football thread? Is there proof of that somewhere?

And no, no increase in crime at night in our "hood" that I know of but I wouldn't be surprised at all if more crime is committed at night. I know most of my neighbors and we do have a neighborhood watch group and have that national night out thing happening.

Go Rockets!! We actually go watch both Judson and Wagner FB games during the year so we are there almost every friday night.

lebomb
08-25-2010, 02:50 PM
:lmao So Judson is expected to win a championship every year? Some residents feel that way but it isn't the case at all. How this turned into a "all black" vs "all white" football thread? Is there proof of that somewhere?

And no, no increase in crime at night in our "hood" that I know of but I wouldn't be surprised at all if more crime is committed at night. I know most of my neighbors and we do have a neighborhood watch group and have that national night out thing happening.

Go Rockets!! We actually go watch both Judson and Wagner FB games during the year so we are there almost every friday night.

Actually lots of folks relocate to certain areas because of less crime and also a particular school they want their kids to attend. I know for a FACT, that many people located to the NW side so their kids could go to either O'Conner or Brandeis. Primarily because the schools are newer, secondly because they have great athletic programs. Just sayin............

JoeChalupa
08-25-2010, 03:03 PM
Actually lots of folks relocate to certain areas because of less crime and also a particular school they want their kids to attend. I know for a FACT, that many people located to the NW side so their kids could go to either O'Conner or Brandeis. Primarily because the schools are newer, secondly because they have great athletic programs. Just sayin............

Without a doubt they do. My wife's mother lives on the East Side and she wanted us to stay on that side of town and I flat out told her that we would not be staying there and we would be moving. Her home has broken into several times and I didn't want our kids in that school district.

RoddyBukkake
08-25-2010, 03:21 PM
Now I know where to go to buy crack next time i'm in San Antonio:toast