PDA

View Full Version : Starting 5 next year

silk
08-24-2010, 03:51 PM
What would be a winning combination (one where jefferson would fit..) next year ?

What do you think of this one :

C Duncan
PF Blair, Splitter
SF Jefferson
SG Hill , Manu
PG Parker

I count on a big improvement on blair and hill play, and of course, jefferson back to being a big slashing scorer, hill a defender-3pt shooter, parker a slashing scorer, blair a rebounder, and duncan as interior defender-post scorer.

Manu saving for the play-off and splitter learning the spurs system in year 1

PDXSpursFan
08-24-2010, 03:57 PM
McDyess will start at C at the beginning of the season. After all-star weekend, Splitter will take over.

phxspurfan
08-24-2010, 04:00 PM
Lineup thread!

phxspurfan
08-24-2010, 04:01 PM
http://www.educationworld.com/a_lesson/calendar/images/august_03.gif

Hooks
08-24-2010, 04:04 PM
C-Bonner-HE STRETCHES THE FLOOR!!!!!1111
PF-Duncan
SF-RJ
SG-Hill
PG-Parker

Nathan89
08-24-2010, 04:10 PM
Start of season/Starting line-up against the mavs:

Duncan
Dice
Rj
Hill
Parker
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
End of season:

Splitter
Duncan
Rj
Hill
Parker

Swap Hill with manu and that is the starting line-up against the lakers.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Line-up I am most looking forward to:

Splitter
Duncan
Anderson
Manu
TP

MarCowMar
08-24-2010, 04:19 PM
C Splitter
PF Duncan
SF Ginobili
SG Hill
PG Parker

But there's no clear best starting five for the Spurs. Parker, Ginobili, and Hill can't really be on the court at the same time. Same with Tiago, Blair, and Duncan. Then you have Jefferson who seems to need Manu at PG just to be effective.

I wouldn't be surprised to see the starting lineup change on a nightly basis for the entire season.

Texas_Ranger
08-24-2010, 04:22 PM
Bonner :madrun
Duncan
RJ
Hill
TP

Solid D
08-24-2010, 04:36 PM
Well, this has the appearance of a Sequ-safe thread.

...and rack this post by phxspursfan
http://www.educationworld.com/a_lesson/calendar/images/august_03.gif

spurs_fan_in_exile
08-24-2010, 04:47 PM
C - McDyess
PF - Duncan
SF - Blair
SG - Bonner
PG - Splitter

FUCK YOU AND YOUR SMALL BALL, POP!

cantthinkofanything
08-24-2010, 04:48 PM
Holy fuck this has been beaten to death. How many iterations are we going to have to go through. My mind is numb from seeing these stupid lineups. GO SPURS but it's like wanting to buy a $2.00 candy bar and only having 4 quarters, 3 dimes, 2 nickels, and 3 pennies. No matter how many ways you reach in, pull them out and group them, they don't equal $2.00. In that case, you just hope that either the candybar falls off onto the floor or that you can steal it. Pretty bad analogy I guess. Ok, maybe its like wanting to have a chocolate milkshake and you only have milk and ice cream. The combination is better than the individual parts but if you don't have the chocolate syrup, they you just can't quite get to perfection.

Solid D
08-24-2010, 05:44 PM
Holy **** this has been beaten to death. How many iterations are we going to have to go through. My mind is numb from seeing these stupid lineups. GO SPURS but it's like wanting to buy a $2.00 candy bar and only having 4 quarters, 3 dimes, 2 nickels, and 3 pennies. No matter how many ways you reach in, pull them out and group them, they don't equal $2.00. In that case, you just hope that either the candybar falls off onto the floor or that you can steal it. Pretty bad analogy I guess. Ok, maybe its like wanting to have a chocolate milkshake and you only have milk and ice cream. The combination is better than the individual parts but if you don't have the chocolate syrup, they you just can't quite get to perfection.

http://voices.mysanantonio.com/chris_duel/RCBuford.jpg
Sounds like you need to go on down to the dollar store.
Just plop the $1.43 down on the counter and they'll count out the
change for you.

http://familydollar.com/images/FamilyDollarLogo.gif

Galileo
08-24-2010, 06:58 PM
Galileo weighs in:

Start of season, start of game

1. Dice
2. Duncan
3. Jefferson
4. Hill
5. Parker

Start of season, end of game

1. Duncan
2. Dice
3. Jefferson
4. Manu
5. Parker

End of season, start of game

1. Splitter
2. Duncan
3. Jefferson
4. Hill
5. Parker

End of season, end of game

1. Duncan
2. Splitter
3. Manu
4. Hill
5. Parker

Actually, it really depends on match-ups and who's hot.

superbigtime
08-24-2010, 07:21 PM
I hope Splitter progresses enough to take the starting position from Dice. And I hope Pop has sense enough to not start Bonner at all, ever.

TP
GH/Manu
RJ
TD
TS

JustinJDW
08-25-2010, 03:16 PM
I we wanna win and stop fooling around with small ball and undersized players for their position....

C: Tim Duncan
PF: Tiago Splitter
SF: Richard Jefferson
SG: Manu Ginobili
PG: Tony Parker

Like I said, if we wanna win..