PDA

View Full Version : R-e-s-p-e-c-t

Darrin
08-24-2010, 08:56 PM
So a "friend" of mine owes me money. He came over to my house the other day and soliticted my help. He said there was 10 bucks in it for me if I did 3 loads of laundry and washed all his dishes. I did it as fast as I could, about 2 hours after he asked, it was done. He was running out of tobacco, so I gave him the rest of my tobacco because he's a heavier smoker than I am. A little short on cash around this time of the month, he promised me that he'd have the money to me the next day. This was on Sunday. So, theoretically, by Monday I should have the money.

He says that he didn't get his check on Monday. Okay, I said, and I left it at that. I ask him again today, he says he has his check is here but he needs to get to the bank. Okay, I said, again. Tonight I go over to his apartment and he procedes to tell me that he spent my 10 dollars on something "we (his other friends) got some stuff and he didn't have the 10 dollars to pay me back." So he promises me the ten dollars on Wednesday. I have a busy day tomorrow so I won't find out until 4PM tomorrow if he's lying to me. He tells me to get a job because I don't make enough money. Well, if he'd pay me...

I've given a lot to this guy. He got meals at my apartment at least twice a week for six months last year. He didn't have cable so I let him watch whatever he wanted to watch, let him stay in my apartment from 6AM to 10PM every night and he was the one who left. When I went away on trips, he sometimes would have a key to let himself in. I subsequently found my VCR broken (brand-new). I even financed a tattoo about a year ago and it took him 8 months to get me 70 dollars for it. I even paid for the cream to keep it from becoming infected.

I want this "friend" out of my life. He's a user and he's found that the milk has gone sour on me so he's keeping other people a priority now that I don't have the cash to support his many habits. Because I don't get pissed and angry and curse in his face, he thinks I'm a pushoever. Some "friend."

Has this ever happened to anyone else? Do you do this to other people?

Glenn Holland
08-24-2010, 09:00 PM
are you poor?
bitching over $10 fucking dollars?

Glenn Holland
08-24-2010, 09:01 PM
My friends and I give/borrow into the hundreds without giving it a second thought.
In the end, the tab always balances out.

Glenn Holland
08-24-2010, 09:01 PM
are you on free wifi right now?

Darrin
08-24-2010, 09:04 PM
are you poor?

Yes, I'm bitching over 10 dollars. It's the difference between me getting food or not this week.

Darrin
08-24-2010, 09:04 PM
are you on free wifi right now?

No. Are you? If you want to know so badly, I pay 20 dollars-a-month for internet access.

Darrin
08-24-2010, 09:05 PM
My friends and I give/borrow into the hundreds without giving it a second thought.
In the end, the tab always balances out.

Wash a lot of your friends dirty underwear and moldy glasses?

thispego
08-24-2010, 09:08 PM
Wow, you are poor? Is this friend of yours that faggot "Heath Ledger"? Sounds like something he would do

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
08-24-2010, 09:10 PM
Look at it this way, it cost you ten dollars to get rid of him. Right? He's never gonna bother you again. He's never gonna ask you for money again. He's out of your life for 10 dollars. You got off cheap.

Forget about it.

08-24-2010, 09:10 PM
Look at it this way, duplicate posts rock.

balli
08-24-2010, 09:12 PM
are you poor?
And owning a brand new VCR... :lol

Glenn Holland
08-24-2010, 09:12 PM
Yes, I'm bitching over 10 dollars. It's the difference between me getting food or not this week.
what the fuck can you buy for ten dollars? a #2 combo at carls jr? a hot and ready pizza from little cesears? so one meal is all you eat a week?

No. Are you? If you want to know so badly, I pay 20 dollars-a-month for internet access.

No, i got some shit from time warner.

Wash a lot of your friends dirty underwear and moldy glasses?
never. they do that themselves but i have a washer and dryer available if they needed it. but they are not morons so they never ask.

4>0rings
08-24-2010, 09:14 PM
I guess you didn't read that he might not eat if he doesn't get the money.

Fuck that asshole. Say you will do his laundry and dishes again for another 10. Just throw his clothes away and break his dishes.

balli
That's the ghettoest post I've ever read. We're talking about money for rolling tobacco, a $70 tattoo, a brand new VCR plus future repairs and $10 worth of food? Is this shit for real, or is this just how it goes in Detroit?

Glenn Holland
holy fuck i didnt even catch that new vcr part.
good catch bali.

darrinS, My advice is to drop this friend and cut your losses. let his tats get infected and let him walk around in dirty panties. and if he needs ciggs so bad, let him try to knock off a valero corner store and see what happens.

CuckingFunt
Look at it this way, it cost you ten dollars to get rid of him. Right? He's never gonna bother you again. He's never gonna ask you for money again. He's out of your life for 10 dollars. You got off cheap.

Forget about it.

Solid advice.

The life lessons within A Bronx Tale a truly invaluable.

08-24-2010, 09:16 PM
That's the ghetto's post I've ever read. We're talking about money for cigarettes, tattoos, VCRs and $10 worth of food? Is this shit for real, or is this just how it goes in Detroit?

Dude, you can buy a house for $10 in City Proper.

Glenn Holland
08-24-2010, 09:18 PM
detroit must be a true shithole
i saw that eminem movie where a bunch of whitwe trash mingled with black trash to create rap music. they all lived in trailers that even the illegal mexicans in san antonio laugh at.
step ya game up and move and let canada take over that shithole known as michigan.

BUMP
08-24-2010, 09:20 PM
So a "friend" of mine owes me money. He came over to my house the other day and soliticted my help. He said there was 10 bucks in it for me if I did 3 loads of laundry and washed all his dishes. I did it as fast as I could, about 2 hours after he asked, it was done. He was running out of tobacco, so I gave him the rest of my tobacco because he's a heavier smoker than I am. A little short on cash around this time of the month, he promised me that he'd have the money to me the next day. This was on Sunday. So, theoretically, by Monday I should have the money.

He says that he didn't get his check on Monday. Okay, I said, and I left it at that. I ask him again today, he says he has his check is here but he needs to get to the bank. Okay, I said, again. Tonight I go over to his apartment and he procedes to tell me that he spent my 10 dollars on something "we (his other friends) got some stuff and he didn't have the 10 dollars to pay me back." So he promises me the ten dollars on Wednesday. I have a busy day tomorrow so I won't find out until 4PM tomorrow if he's lying to me. He tells me to get a job because I don't make enough money. Well, if he'd pay me...

I've given a lot to this guy. He got meals at my apartment at least twice a week for six months last year. He didn't have cable so I let him watch whatever he wanted to watch, let him stay in my apartment from 6AM to 10PM every night and he was the one who left. When I went away on trips, he sometimes would have a key to let himself in. I subsequently found my VCR broken (brand-new). I even financed a tattoo about a year ago and it took him 8 months to get me 70 dollars for it. I even paid for the cream to keep it from becoming infected.

I want this "friend" out of my life. He's a user and he's found that the milk has gone sour on me so he's keeping other people a priority now that I don't have the cash to support his many habits. Because I don't get pissed and angry and curse in his face, he thinks I'm a pushoever. Some "friend."

Has this ever happened to anyone else? Do you do this to other people?

Yeah I've had "friends" that will never talk to me for weeks and then call me just looking for favors.

Fuck that guy. Just don't hit em up for anything. Don't take his calls or text him back or anything. If you think there might be something in it for you then answer but if not then say "hold on there's someone on the other line" and don't call him back

Darrin
08-24-2010, 09:24 PM
what the fuck can you buy for ten dollars? a #2 combo at carls jr? a hot and ready pizza from little cesears? so one meal is all you eat a week?

1 Loaf of Bread--$1.00
1 Gallon of Milk--$2.00
1 bottle of Cola --$.90 (little indulgence)
6 Frozen Meals--$6.00

I already have tuna fish, all the fixings, lettuce, and tomatoes (from the garden). I have a hamburger helper that I can use the milk with (we'll go meatless).

resistanze
08-24-2010, 09:26 PM
That's the ghetto's post I've ever read. We're talking about money for cigarettes, tattoos, VCRs and $10 worth of food? Is this shit for real, or is this just how it goes in Detroit?

:lmao

Darrin, your 'friend' sounds like a piece of shit, the kind of person I would cut out of my life after being taken advantage of once. There's no use for those kind of people around you, they'll bleed you dry and not think twice about it. Your kindness is a weakness to them. By all means, continue to help people around you that are grateful and caring, but remove the bloodsuckers ASAP.

Darrin
08-24-2010, 09:28 PM

Oakland County, MI. I'm poor, but I had a surplus of money last year and shared it with him. That's how I got the VCR (and why it's not repaired yet). For the record, I went to private school growing up, I don't have any tattoos, and 10 dollars can get you some staples. I'm just short on cash and I worked for it. I don't have my hand out.

balli
08-24-2010, 09:32 PM
Oakland County, MI. I'm poor, but I had a surplus of money last year and shared it with him. That's how I got the VCR (and why it's not repaired yet). For the record, I went to private school growing up, I don't have any tattoos, and 10 dollars can get you some staples. I'm just short on cash and I worked for it. I don't have my hand out.

Sorry to laugh at your expense, but that was a funny post, tbh. I'd probably be poor as hell too if I lived in MI. Sorry about your shitty friend.

Glenn Holland
08-24-2010, 09:33 PM
Gotdamnn, would some rich fuck from this forum please pay pal this clown 20 bux so he can step back and let the club get back to normalcy

cosmic cowboy
or that dentist who gave that fat cholo tuition money
or maybe mouse can suspend his photobucket account for a month

CuckingFunt
08-24-2010, 09:34 PM
1 Loaf of Bread--$1.00
1 Gallon of Milk--$2.00
6 Frozen Meals--$6.00

I already have tuna fish, all the fixings, lettuce, and tomatoes (from the garden). I have a hamburger helper that I can use the milk with (we'll go meatless).

I'm the last person to make fun, since a financial aid office fuck up has left me temporarily broker than I care to admit, but what the hell ghetto grocery store have you found that sells a gallon of milk for $2.00?

balli
08-24-2010, 09:39 PM
I'm the last person to make fun, since a financial aid office fuck up has left me temporarily broker than I care to admit, but what the hell ghetto grocery store have you found that sells a gallon of milk for $2.00?

http://jessie.bluejay-nest.com/wp-content/images/rat-milk.jpg

Sisk
08-24-2010, 09:55 PM
That guy is a piece of shit tbh.. quit talking to him, quit helping him, and only help yourself.

4>0rings
08-24-2010, 09:56 PM
One thing I don't get though if he was barely a friend, why are you helping him with money when you have none?

Sense
08-24-2010, 10:09 PM
This hasn't happened to me.. because I've never been stupid enough to let it happen to me.

Sense
08-24-2010, 10:11 PM
One thing I don't get though if he was barely a friend, why are you helping him with money when you have none?

This.

I was also wondering if you were a gay...

Between willingly wanting to do dishes and wash clothes for $10... the whole "I want this "friend" out of my life" thing.. and the title of this thread.

I have to say it makes me wonder

2pac > Kobe
08-24-2010, 10:25 PM
You guys are all fucking assholes

thispego
08-24-2010, 10:27 PM
R-E-S-P-E-C-T. Sounds like you are gay to me.

balli
08-24-2010, 10:29 PM
Despite the handle, I think Darrin is a chick, no?

ChuckD
08-24-2010, 10:48 PM
You still own/use a VCR? I figured that most of the people in here were too young to know what that is, so they let it go.

Leetonidas
08-25-2010, 12:02 AM

Shit, HEB sells gallons of milk for 2.38. About a year or more ago they were around 4.50 for awhile though. Hell, at CVS I have a coupon for a gallon for 1.99. And that's awesome because I drink a fuck load of milk. It's the best beverage ever.

balli
08-25-2010, 12:06 AM
It's the best beverage ever.
I drank milk with every dinner for 22 years, but it's horrible for you. Cow's milk's purpose is to turn an 85 lb. calf into a half ton of hulking muscle. It's an overload of protein and animal fats. Humans have no business drinking that shit.

Leetonidas
08-25-2010, 12:11 AM
Yeah I'm aware...I go through maybe a gallon every two days but I can't help it, milk is my one vice. At least it's 1%.

CuckingFunt
08-25-2010, 12:32 AM
Maybe nonfat, which I drink, is more expensive. I can't remember the last time I saw a gallon of milk for less than $4.00 or so. Closer to $5.00, if I want to splurge on organic.

And I don't care if milk is supposedly horrible for humans to drink, I can't stop. If the time ever comes that I lose the ability to digest it, as is supposed to happen to all of us at a fairly early age, I may actually sit down and cry. A small glass of cold nonfat milk, a small glass of orange juice, and a cup of coffee are absolutely essential to my getting out of the house in the morning.

Darrin
08-25-2010, 12:44 AM

Kroger and Meijer.

http://michigan.inserts2online.com/customer_Frame.jsp?divID=018&drpStoreID=00637

gospursgojas
08-25-2010, 12:46 AM
I drank milk with every dinner for 22 years, but it's horrible for you. Cow's milk's purpose is to turn an 85 lb. calf into a half ton of hulking muscle. It's an overload of protein and animal fats. Humans have no business drinking that shit.

Aaaaand Lactose Tolerance is actually the disorder. The human body is actually not able to digest milk properly after infancy.

Its some whole evolution thing

Darrin
08-25-2010, 12:46 AM
You still own/use a VCR? I figured that most of the people in here were too young to know what that is, so they let it go.

Yes. I kept all my old tapes from my childhood (Pelican Brief, Patriot Games, Star Wars) and still watch them occasionally. I have a DVD player as well (it's a combo) and I was able to find it at Target less than a year ago.

TDMVPDPOY
08-25-2010, 01:40 AM
Gotdamnn, would some rich fuck from this forum please pay pal this clown 20 bux so he can step back and let the club get back to normalcy

cosmic cowboy
or that dentist who gave that fat cholo tuition money
or maybe mouse can suspend his photobucket account for a month

wheres bigzak when need a loan lmao

ALWAYS bet on BLACK
08-25-2010, 01:41 AM
darrin, you a female???????????

dirk4mvp
08-25-2010, 01:43 AM
And owning a brand new VCR... :lol

lol this an over looked part of the OP.

thispego
08-25-2010, 03:36 AM
Milk is bad for you??? You people are fucking idiots, I swear to god. I wish I could help all of you, but I can't.

Muser
08-25-2010, 03:53 AM
http://www.basketball.org/wp-content/uploads/2008/12/alig_respectnew.jpg

ChuckD
08-25-2010, 07:17 AM
Aaaaand Lactose Tolerance is actually the disorder. The human body is actually not able to digest milk properly after infancy.

Its some whole evolution thing
Actually, it's lactose Intolernace, and it's usually found in descendants of countries where cows aren't the usual source of milk, like the Middle East where goat milk is much more common. My best friend and his son are both LI, and he's of Lebanese extraction.

Adults digest milk just fine, otherwise.

ChuckD
08-25-2010, 07:24 AM

That's just stupid, and much like saying stay away from greens because that's what elephants bulk up on. Do you have any idea HOW MUCH milk a calf drinks in a day? I'll give you a clue: it ain't a human amount. I'll give you your fat complaint, but that's easily avoidable by skipping whole and 2% and sticking to the lower fat blends.

CosmicCowboy
08-25-2010, 08:41 AM
You did his laundry and washed his dishes?

:lmao:lmao:lmao

marini martini
08-25-2010, 08:49 AM
Milk is bad for you??? You people are fucking idiots, I swear to god. I wish I could help all of you, but I can't.

I feel your frustration. Ha!

Goran Dragic
08-25-2010, 08:52 AM

Does flirting with thispego and agreeing with him on everything make you think he'd sleep with some bitch 50 years older than he is?

marini martini
08-25-2010, 08:59 AM
Does flirting with thispego and agreeing with him on everything make you think he'd sleep with some bitch 50 years older than he is?

Fuck you pig face. I have a right to laugh at whatever I want, whenever. So Please MYOB. K, thx!

CheapBastard
08-25-2010, 09:00 AM
1 Loaf of Bread--$1.00
1 Gallon of Milk--$2.00
6 Frozen Meals--$6.00

You can stretch it farther than that. You need to skip soda and get flavour-aid or just drink water. Get some boxes of mac & cheese, ramen, and you better be getting extra thin sliced bread. good luck. :tu

TinTin
08-25-2010, 09:01 AM
I don't understand why you would feed him for 6 months without working out an arrangement for some compensation (written or whatnot). You shouldn't be scared to ask either since if he was your friend, he would understand your financial situation O___o

Unless the door in the doorframe is replaced by a bed sheet, I would never let someone in the house for that long o__o

atlfan25
08-25-2010, 09:02 AM
Why all the debate over if the poster is gay, etc? He used friends in god damned quotes. Quotes always means gay. Case closed.

CheapBastard
08-25-2010, 09:03 AM
This friend wouldn't have a nickname....say...like mouse?

Goran Dragic
08-25-2010, 09:14 AM
pig face
Your insults are always lame as shit, it musta sucked in the roaring 20's when people found these funny.

mrsmaalox
08-25-2010, 09:47 AM
3 loads of laundry and dishes for $10?? That's a bargain!

But why concern yourself with whether or not he has respect for you? Respect yourself and cut that loser free.

JoeChalupa
08-25-2010, 10:13 AM
I've learned my lesson with lending money to friends. :td

balli
08-25-2010, 10:49 AM

Not to be a dick about it, but I am right and you are both wrong. If you like milk and don't give a shit, drink up, chug it down by the gallon full. Have it with steak. But the fact remains that cow's milk is not good for the human body. It's bad for your digestive system, cardiovascular system and kidneys. And contrary to the lies the USDA has fed you for decades, the excess animal protein in milk strips your body of calcium and destroys bones. These facts are not really debatable.

CosmicCowboy
08-25-2010, 10:56 AM
Not to be a dick about it, but I am right and you are both wrong. If you like milk and don't give a shit, drink up, chug it down by the gallon full. Have it with steak. But the fact remains that cow's milk is not good for the human body. It's bad for your digestive system, cardiovascular system and kidneys. And contrary to the lies the USDA has fed you for decades, the excess animal protein in milk strips your body of calcium and destroys bones. These facts are not really debatable.

balli
08-25-2010, 10:58 AM

You are wrong. Do you know which two countries have the highest rates of osteoporosis? The US and the Netherlands. Do you care to guess which two nations consume the most dairy per capita?

marini martini
08-25-2010, 11:01 AM

Get over yourself Bali. I never said I was a big milk drinker. Put down the bong, and put on your reading glasses. Dam!:lol

balli
08-25-2010, 11:03 AM
I'm not trying to be a dick. Like I said, drink all the milk you want. Enjoy it. Or don't if you aren't a big milk drinker. But don't try to tell me that the shit is good for you. It isn't. Or were you just agreeing with Pego's base premise that we're all a bunch of fucking idiots? That would be okay.

Dark Gable
08-25-2010, 11:06 AM
Milk is bad?
http://peopcelebritybaby.files.wordpress.com/2010/01/rebecca-romijn-got-milk.jpg

Bender
08-25-2010, 11:07 AM
Respect yourself and cut that loser free.

:tu

people will keep taking advantage of you if you let them.

marini martini
08-25-2010, 11:11 AM
I'm not trying to be a dick. Like I said, drink all the milk you want. Enjoy it. Or don't if you aren't a big milk drinker. But don't try to tell me that the shit is good for you. It isn't. Or were you just agreeing with Pego's base premise that we're all a bunch of fucking idiots? That would be okay.

你打击我!

(you crack me up!!!):lol

balli
08-25-2010, 11:13 AM
你打击我!

(you crack me up!!!):lol

I just don't understand. All I did was PSA you and Pego. PSAs are a good thing, The More You Know and all. How did you get Japanese characters in your post? Or are they Chinese or Korean. I just can't tell. I'm pretty good about looking at a person of asian decent and guessing their nationality, but I have a harder time with the written languages. Shucks.

marini martini
08-25-2010, 11:22 AM
IDK Balli, I think it's Malaysian. I just discovered google translator on my new MacBook Pro, that I got to get, on account of all the $$$ I'm saving by quitting milk. TYVM!!!:toast

Cry Havoc
08-25-2010, 11:30 AM
You are wrong. Do you know which two countries have the highest rates of osteoporosis? The US and the Netherlands. Do you care to guess which two nations consume the most dairy per capita?

Not to be a dick back to you and nit-pick what you say, but anytime you bring statistics up, especially in this sense, you must realize that correlation does not imply causation. Otherwise, I respond with something like this:

http://www.seanbonner.com/blog/archives/piratesarecool.jpg

There's no way to conclusively prove that cow's milk is the cause of osteoporosis, so you could phrase it a little more conservatively and still make your point. :tu

Secondly, even if it were true that the very reason we have higher rates of osteoporosis here in the US is due to drinking cow's milk, that proves nothing. It could simply mean that we are drinking too much of it, and that a glass every other day or so could be potentially beneficial, where as drinking 2-3 glasses per day is detrimental. But anything consumed in excess can seriously damage your system, especially long-term, even drinking too much water, which can deplete your electrolyte count.

I PSAed your PSA, bitch! Now what!? :lol :toast

08-25-2010, 11:31 AM
Jesus, this thread had promise until you fuckers started talking about the pros/cons of milk.

Smart Ass
08-25-2010, 11:33 AM
Jesus, this thread had promise until you fuckers started talking about the pros/cons of milk.

http://blog.peta.org/archives/gotspewbig.JPG

Cry Havoc
08-25-2010, 11:33 AM

If a thread ain't been jacked by page 3, you ain't on SpursTalk.

balli
08-25-2010, 11:43 AM
I PSAed your PSA, bitch! Now what!? :lol :toast
Well, post hoc ergo propter hoc, the US and the Netherlands aside, it has been proven in control studies and reported in all sorts of medical journals that an excess of protein will decrease calcium retention, expelling calcium through the kidneys with urine. Taking that into account, you could reasonably infer that the corollary evidence is in fact causal.

Secondly, even if it were true that the very reason we have higher rates of osteoporosis here in the US is due to drinking cow's milk, that proves nothing. It could simply mean that we are drinking too much of it,
And that's probably true as well.

Bean Dip
08-25-2010, 11:45 AM
WTF would want celery and carrots?

08-25-2010, 11:46 AM
Well, post hoc ergo propter hoc, the US and the Netherlands aside, it has been proven in control studies and reported in all sorts of medical journals that an excess of protein will decrease calcium retention, expelling calcium through the kidneys with urine. Taking that into account, you could reasonably infer that the corollary evidence is in fact causal.

And that's probably true as well.

http://images.encyclopediadramatica.com/images/3/31/Webcomic_xkcd_-_Wikipedian_protester.png

Cry Havoc
08-25-2010, 11:46 AM

Damn dude. When did you get all sciencey and shit? :lol

balli
08-25-2010, 11:49 AM
http://images.encyclopediadramatica.com/images/3/31/Webcomic_xkcd_-_Wikipedian_protester.png

The quantitative aspect of the calcium-protein interaction story can be approached best as follows. As urinary calcium rises, a potential hypocalcemic stress is created, to which the parathyroid glands respond with elevated parathyroid hormone (PTH) secretion. PTH in turn acts on 3 end organs: bone, gut, and kidney. The gut effect is mediated by increased renal synthesis of 1,25-dihydroxyvitamin D, which in turn leads to improved calcium absorption. At the same time, PTH enhances bone resorption, so that some of the calciuric loss is offset from the bony reserves, rather than exclusively from the diet. It is in this way that high protein intakes, leading to incompletely offset urinary calcium loss, might produce bone loss.
http://www.ajcn.org/cgi/content/full/75/4/609

but to be honest, it also says this:

The homeostatic feedback system controlling the calcium economy does not regulate calcium intake and has no mechanism for assessing it. The system simply uses the combined calcium input from the 3 effector organs to prevent or offset a decrease in serum ionized calcium resulting from an augmented calcium leak from the body. In this way, any calciuric agent would be predicted to affect bone negatively, mainly at low calcium intakes. In brief, it appears increasingly well established that protein and calcium act synergistically on bone if both are present in adequate quantities in the diet, but that protein may seem effectively antagonistic toward bone (because of its calciuric effect) when calcium intake is low.
I would simply argue that the amount of protein we get from dairy is overly adequate and is therefore not present at an ideal level for maintaining proper calcium balance.

balli
08-25-2010, 11:54 AM
Damn dude. When did you get all sciencey and shit? :lol

Ugh, :rolleyes when I went vegan.

08-25-2010, 11:56 AM
I like how they threw "might produce bone loss" in there. Well hell, I'm convinced.

Or, perhaps not. (http://jn.nutrition.org/cgi/content/full/128/6/1054)

Despite the extensively documented effect of protein on urinary calcium loss when studied under controlled conditions, there is surprisingly little evidence in the real world outside of the metabolic unit that high protein intakes reduce bone mass or increase fracture risk. One bit of evidence, commonly cited as support for a harmful effect of protein, is the study of Abelow et al. (1992), which showed a direct correlation between hip fracture risk in populations and their corresponding protein intakes. However, such comparisons, involving a wide variety of ethnic groups and nations, are both inappropriate and unconvincing, if for no other reason than because there are so many other confounding variables that may well be more important. For example, in this instance, one can substitute other variables such as latitude or gross national product for protein intake, and the plot would look very much the same. Moreover, ethnic groups differ in other ways, such as in hip geometries, which are known to be associated with different intrinsic fragility; hence lumping such different populations together in a single plot is very much a matter of mixing apples with oranges. Only when differences in fracture rate can be found within an ethnic or national group as a function of varying protein intake will this type of observational study yield plausible conclusions. Here the evidence is decidedly mixed.

Sense
08-25-2010, 12:13 PM
While I may not back balli completely on all of his statements regarding HOW milk is bad for you... according to some of my friends who have passed kidney stones. Don't drink too much milk.

How ever this has made me hungry for some reason, so I'm going to pour me a bowl of cereal.

Also, Darrin hasn't confirmed if he's gay or a woman.

thispego
08-25-2010, 12:58 PM

so correlation DOES prove causation! :lmao

balli
08-25-2010, 01:02 PM

In this case it certainly goes a long way. Despite the apples and oranges reference above, I have a hard time believing that the nature of American and Hollish pelve differ appreciably from those of other western European populations who don't consume as much dairy.

(Neverminding the detrimental cardio and digestive effects)

But whatever, it's your body.

thispego
08-25-2010, 01:04 PM
balli is vegan?? You just destroyed your entire argument, friend :lol

balli
08-25-2010, 01:10 PM
Vegan isn't even good enough. It's my belief that humans should basically be eating rice, beans, whole proteins like hemp seeds/quinoa and vegetables with some fruit for dessert.

We eat way too much wheat, soy (which is feminising our testes) meat and dairy.

That said, I eat salmon once a week and probably some form of cheese too. I only say vegan because I'm certainly more than a vegetarian and nobody understands when you call yourself '94% flesh free'. If I was a true vegan I wouldn't wear a leather belt.

Goran Dragic
08-25-2010, 01:16 PM

No, but the side effects of having too much protein prove causation of osteoporosis.

08-25-2010, 01:19 PM
No, but the side effects of having too much protein prove causation of osteoporosis.

Really? (http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19279077)

Goran Dragic
08-25-2010, 01:27 PM

Yes. Your body releases acids when it has too much protein to digest and those acids suck calcium from your body. I'm not sure if milk causes osteoporosis since you're also drinking calcium with milk, but people who eat tons of protein on a daily basis (AKA too much meat) are at higher risk for osteoporosis. Eskimos have the highest rate of osteoporosis by far because of their fish based diet.

balli
08-25-2010, 01:29 PM

I wouldn't be questioning the validity of research because of differences between control groups and then cite a study concerning only post-menopausal women. It's not like the life lived before menopause has nothing to do with the development of osteoporosis. Or that the shitload of hormonal changes don't have an effect when comparing that group to the gen pop.

Cry Havoc
08-25-2010, 02:02 PM
Vegan isn't even good enough. It's my belief that humans should basically be eating rice, beans, whole proteins like hemp seeds/quinoa and vegetables with some fruit for dessert.

We eat way too much wheat, soy (which is feminising our testes) meat and dairy.

That said, I eat salmon once a week and probably some form of cheese too. I only say vegan because I'm certainly more than a vegetarian and nobody understands when you call yourself '94% flesh free'. If I was a true vegan I wouldn't wear a leather belt.

You have more rage than any other vegan I've ever met. I'd hate to see your blood pressure if you ate a lot of meat.

I don't mean it in a condescending way. Just as an observation.

CuckingFunt
08-25-2010, 02:03 PM
I don't see the point of questioning or implying homosexuality as a taunt when the OP has, on several occasions, said that he's bi.

Seriously, am I the only one who pays attention to anything other than calf tats around here?

balli
08-25-2010, 02:07 PM
You have more rage than any other vegan I've ever met. I'd hate to see your blood pressure if you ate a lot of meat.

I don't mean it in a condescending way. Just as an observation.

lol. No worries. My blood pressure isn't out of control high, but it is high and was higher before I switched my diet.

I don't see the point of questioning or implying homosexuality as a taunt when the OP has, on several occasions, said that he's bi.

Seriously, am I the only one who pays attention to anything other than calf tats around here?

huh? I don't remember anything like that. I think you're projecting. ;)

JoeChalupa
08-25-2010, 02:30 PM
milk does give me gas but I really don't mind it that much as I like to let 'em rip.

JoeChalupa
08-25-2010, 02:31 PM
Now I did find those vegan babes wearing lettuce leaves for bra's on the news sexy and passing out vegan hot dogs.

mrsmaalox
08-25-2010, 03:06 PM

Yes, the only one :rolleyes

JoeChalupa
08-25-2010, 03:09 PM
I don't pay attention to one's sexual preferences and I don't find all the taunting of homosexuality all that funny either. Well, maybe I did when I was much, much younger.

balli
08-25-2010, 03:12 PM
I find it way more humanistic to make fun of people for being poor, as opposed to making fun of people for being gay.

mrsmaalox
08-25-2010, 03:14 PM
I don't pay attention to one's sexual preferences and I don't find all the taunting of homosexuality all that funny either. Well, maybe I did when I was much, much younger.

Well it really seems that's all this place has been lately, taunting. Taunting of sex, race, age, religion, tattoos, etc. None of it is very funny in my opinion.

JoeChalupa
08-25-2010, 03:19 PM
well it really seems that's all this place has been lately, taunting. Taunting of sex, race, age, religion, tattoos, etc. None of it is very funny in my opinion.

+1

austN Spur
08-25-2010, 03:29 PM
the whole milk debate makes me want a glass, with some of these chocolate chip cookies i have here.

but i'm surprised the OP hasnt given any closure as to what he did to his buddy.

also the vcr saved my ass when i was given a 50" hdtv monitor and i had no other way of running cable into the monitor. thanks to the vcr i ran the cable into the vcr and audio video/cables to the tv. I guess i could contact time warner and get a box but then i would have to pay for cable which they currently have been giving to me for free for some time now.

Cry Havoc
08-25-2010, 03:30 PM
I find it way more humanistic to make fun of people for being poor, as opposed to making fun of people for being gay.

This.

Sense
08-25-2010, 03:35 PM
I wasn't making fun of anyone, I was serious :|... but now it makes sense

Shelly
08-25-2010, 03:38 PM
You did his laundry and washed his dishes?

:lmao:lmao:lmao

Ditto! Unless someone was really ill and/or couldn't do those chores for themselves because the had some broken bones or something and needed help, there's no way in hell I'd do that shit for someone. It's bad enough doing it for the people I live with!

marini martini
08-25-2010, 03:49 PM
Ditto! Unless someone was really ill and/or couldn't do those chores for themselves because the had some broken bones or something and needed help, there's no way in hell I'd do that shit for someone. It's bad enough doing it for the people I live with!

This!:toast

Darrin
08-25-2010, 04:06 PM
1.) I don't have my money and when I get paid, he's gone.
2.) Yes, I am bisexual and have stated so several times on the board. Not a big deal, just a response to the childish insults.
3.) No, I did not have a sexual relationship with him. I don't find him at all attractive. I'd never be that drunk.
4.) How the hell did we run 2 pages talking about the benefits of milk? This is a hot topic on Spurstalk?
5.) Yes, I did his laundry and dishes because they are chores I can do and money is tight. Why he needs me to do this? He's a lazy jackass and his current roomates want the apartment clean.

Direct quote from a conversation with this so-called "friend": "You'll get the money when I give it to you." Thanks, jackass. Thought at the time: I can't wait to tell you to get out of my life.

4>0rings
08-25-2010, 07:04 PM
Darrin are you a guy or a girl?

JJ Hickson
08-25-2010, 07:54 PM
Darrin are you a guy or a girl?

Does it need to be spelled out for you? HE IS A GUY WHO LIKES COCKS IN HIS ASS.

thispego
08-25-2010, 09:43 PM
Rofl darrin you suck bitch. No more threads from you until you have a real problem.

tlongII
08-25-2010, 10:44 PM
Darrin, you been PUNK'D! That dude ain't gonna pay you.

4>0rings
08-25-2010, 10:59 PM
Now I feel dirty for defending a gay. Would of been cool if he was a she though.

balli
08-25-2010, 11:01 PM
4.) How the hell did we run 2 pages talking about the benefits of milk?
Detriments of milk tbh.

JJ Hickson
08-25-2010, 11:09 PM
Darrin would prefer to spend two pages talking about man milk.

thispego
08-25-2010, 11:10 PM
bi dudes

scrofl

Goran Dragic
08-25-2010, 11:11 PM
I didn't even know men were bi-sexual. I thought almost all "bisexual" people were straight women who were "bi" so they could get attention as the girl who goes both ways.

Moocher
08-26-2010, 04:27 AM
I don't see what the big deal is.

bus driver
08-26-2010, 08:10 AM
5 fuck'n pages and still no explanation of what the fuck is a VCR?

Xevious
08-26-2010, 01:34 PM
Jesus Christ... I guess the economy is that bad in MI.

Without sifting through all the BS in this thread, let me give OP some advice. Never let money get between friends. Friends buy meals for each other without counting pennies. Money is a gift between friends in hard times, not a loan. They don't solicit work out of each other for cash. A six-pack of beer is standard payment for manual labor help (like moving... or dishes and laundry in your case). If this dude is mooching, cut him off and stop bitching about it.