PDA

View Full Version : Risky Business

Nathan Explosion
08-24-2010, 11:48 PM
Watching the movie right now. Damn Rebecca De Mornay was hot in this movie.

http://img2.timeinc.net/ew/dynamic/imgs/080317/Prostitutes/Risky-Business-DeMornay_l.jpg

JMarkJohns
08-25-2010, 12:17 AM
I once saw that ABC Family played this film. No joke.

Sometimes you just gotta say, "What the fuck?!"

And, yes, RDM was damn hot.

ALWAYS bet on BLACK
08-25-2010, 12:20 AM
that scene when the doors are open and the leafs blow, sends chills up my spine.
reminds me of when i lost my virginity

Nathan Explosion
08-25-2010, 09:25 AM
that scene when the doors are open and the leafs blow, sends chills up my spine.
reminds me of when i lost my virginity

It was that dramatic? The bikini scene in Fast Times reminds me of my first time. The slow motion, the sprinklers in the background, the music. It happened just like that.

It's funny because when I was watching the movie it reminded me of something I heard Adam Carolla or Bill Simmons say about movies today. They said that movies back then had slower pacing because they got you invested in the character first before actually doing anything while movies of today throw you right in the action and just get the plot moving along from the get go.

While watching Risky Business, I forgot how long it took to "get started". That's not a bad thing, just interesting. It does help set up the movie though, I actually like the score of the movie and how it goes along with the scenes.

For a long while movies would just get big name bands, throw in some songs that had no real place in the movie, and just hope to make money off the soundtrack. I blame the first Crow movie for this. The songs actually went along with the movie, but after that, execs started throwing in soundtracks that really didn't go with the movie.

I think Trainspotting and 28 Days/Weeks later did a good job of getting back to making the score/soundtrack fit the movie, just to name a few.

Viva Las Espuelas
08-25-2010, 09:26 AM
The Crow did have an awesome soundtrack.

mrsmaalox
08-25-2010, 09:56 AM
I suppose because I've never found Tom Cruise or DeMornay particularly attractive, that movie is nothing special to me.

Bender
08-25-2010, 02:26 PM
that movie is nothing special to me.
dang, mrs m, that's another demerit for you!