PDA

View Full Version : Splitter scores 19 in win over France

nbaman99
08-25-2010, 01:45 AM
Written by Jeff Garcia
Tuesday, 24 August 2010 17:59
In Brazil's last exhibition game or "friendlies" against France before the 2010 FIBA World Championship begins later this week, Splitter led Brazil to a 79-66 victory, scoring 19 points, four rebounds, shooting 78% from the floor in 23 minutes of play.

http://projectspurs.com/2010-articles/august/splitter-scores-19-in-win-over-france.html

will_spurs
08-25-2010, 01:59 AM
Unfortunately that doesn't say much since France is in the D-League of international basketball at the moment, and I'm being generous.

Nathan89
08-25-2010, 02:02 AM
That is a very solid game by splitter. The only thing I would have like to see is two or three more rebounds. However 19pts. in 23 min. on 78% shooting is way above expectations.

Nathan89
08-25-2010, 02:10 AM
Now that the friendly phase is over we can get to the games that count.

Brazil Schedule:

Aug 28-Iran
Aug 29-Tunisia
Aug 30-USA:corn:
Sep 01-Slovenia
Sep 02-Croatia

I can't wait to see Brazil play the USA on the 30th. I hope Splitter doesn't disappoint me against the nba players. GO Brazil!!!

FeZZy
08-25-2010, 02:12 AM
:corn:

chazley
08-25-2010, 04:15 AM
I'm interested in his rebounding and defense. His scoring is a bonus on this team, not a necessity.

jiggy_55
08-25-2010, 04:20 AM
Now that the friendly phase is over we can get to the games that count.

Brazil Schedule:

Aug 28-Iran
Aug 29-Tunisia
Sep 01-Slovenia
Sep 02-Croatia

I can't wait to see Brazil play the USA on the 30th. I hope Splitter doesn't disappoint me against the nba players. GO Brazil!!!

Considering Team USA have 1 legit center in Chandler and have started Lamar Odom as center recently makes me feel this game is insignificant. He could explode and do really well by beating the smaller players with size, or he could be lacking in speed and athleticism in comparison to Lamar and Tyson and he would stink it up. I don't think this is a good test or indicator though, Team USA are a very very small team.

Leonard Curse
08-25-2010, 05:57 AM
tiagos going to do just great here, im telling you he doesnt get rebounds because his coach for some reason isnt worried abou that at all, it looks like tiago is told not to (?is pretty strange)from all the film ive watched, however when he gets here i expect pop to be on his ass aout it in which believe me tiago can get some rebounds if he was told to. tiagos going to fit in great here, i can say that with confidence. why? think manu ginobili's drive to win, in a 7footers body who has some wide ass shoulders, not afraid to battle down low and has SEriously studied tims footwork (notice i didnt say handwork,) hey but his shots go in most of the time and i do mean ALOT and they may look funky but hes getting em over 7fters who are athletic every game. from what ive watched there are some damn good C's & PF's over there in europe this whole europe sucks is b.s esp after watching our ball hogging usa team win by one to rudy F.

admiralsnackbar
08-25-2010, 06:00 AM
tiagos going to do just great here, im telling you he doesnt get rebounds because his coach for some reason isnt worried abou that at all, it looks like tiago is told not to (?is pretty strange)from all the film ive watched, however when he gets here i expect pop to be on his ass aout it in which believe me tiago can get some rebounds if he was told to. tiagos going to fit in great here, i can say that with confidence. why? think manu ginobili's drive to win, in a 7footers body who has some wide ass shoulders, not afraid to battle down low and has SEriously studied tims footwork (notice i didnt say handwork,) hey but his shots go in most of the time and i do mean ALOT and they may look funky but hes getting em over 7fters who are athletic every game. from what ive watched there are some damn good C's & PF's over there in europe this whole europe sucks is b.s esp after watching our ball hogging usa team win by one to rudy F.

Hard to rebound when you're on the perimiter most of the game. That said... Blair, anyone?

yavozerb
08-25-2010, 06:58 AM
Unfortunately that doesn't say much since France is in the D-League of international basketball at the moment, and I'm being generous.

Considering Team USA have 1 legit center in Chandler and have started Lamar Odom as center recently makes me feel this game is insignificant. He could explode and do really well by beating the smaller players with size, or he could be lacking in speed and athleticism in comparison to Lamar and Tyson and he would stink it up. I don't think this is a good test or indicator though, Team USA are a very very small team.

:blah..Man, Tiago is gonna have to win the MVP his rookie season to win some people over..haters all around here

admiralsnackbar
08-25-2010, 07:05 AM
:blah..Man, Tiago is gonna have to win the MVP his rookie season to win some people over..haters all around here

I think everybody is just acclimating to the idea that we aren't in the top three teams in the league anymore. Too bad, too, because this is as good as it's going to get for us for awhile. :lol

spursballer21
08-25-2010, 08:14 AM
i wanna see how he does against Lamar Odom since he is one of our MAIN opponents

stéphane
08-25-2010, 08:29 AM
I'll be surprised if Chandler does not get quick fouls on Tiago. He's way too quick on his moves for him to handle.
I really liked his touch on his reverse lay ups.

Galileo
08-25-2010, 12:50 PM
Splitter was 7-9 from floor, with 5 free throws in 23 minutes.

phxspurfan
08-25-2010, 12:54 PM
5 free throws in 23 minutes.

We'll fix that.

Old School 44
08-25-2010, 02:06 PM
That is a very solid game by splitter. The only thing I would have like to see is two or three more rebounds. However 19pts. in 23 min. on 78% shooting is way above expectations.

There are less rebounds available when you shoot 78%.

JustinJDW
08-25-2010, 02:42 PM
I'm interested in his rebounding and defense. His scoring is a bonus on this team, not a necessity.This x10000.

I gotta admit. Splitter's some what mediocre rebounding scares me. We all know he can run the pick-n-roll, but I want to see good defense and rebounding.

:(

Oh wait. Tiago Splitter and Brazil go up against USA on the 30th! HELL YEAH! MARK THAT SHIT ON MY CALENDAR! LETS SEE HOW HE DOES MAN! OH MY GOD! IF HE SHITS ON THE USA'S WEAK ASS FRONTCOURT I AM GOING TO DIE OF JOY!

YEAAAAHHH!!!!:danceclub:danceclub:danceclub:dancec lub:danceclub:danceclub:danceclub:danceclub:dancec lub:danceclub:danceclub

boutons_deux
08-25-2010, 03:06 PM
"less rebounds available when you shoot 78%"

both teams shot 78% ?

kaji157
08-25-2010, 03:21 PM
Don´t worry he is a good defender. Just not a good rebounder, but is average.
Rebounding wise he may be similar to Bargnani.

lefty
08-25-2010, 03:29 PM
Splitter > Parker

:D

Fabbs
08-25-2010, 05:14 PM

Television coverage in USA?
Or do i have to go get sandwhiched between my Brazilian girlfriends at the Bra Bar?

EduRiker
08-25-2010, 05:43 PM
Boy, I'd just take the second option if I were you.

TDMVPDPOY
08-25-2010, 05:47 PM
splitter > team france

Nathan89
08-25-2010, 05:47 PM
Television coverage in USA?
Or do i have to go get sandwhiched between my Brazilian girlfriends at the Bra Bar?

Monday, Aug 30 (2:30 p.m.): Brazil vs. U.S., ESPN

Nathan89
08-25-2010, 05:54 PM

We will get to see Splitter vs. 7'1 Chandler and that should tell us a lot about how successful he can be against strong/athletic centers in the NBA. On top of that we will get to see him match-up against Odom. If he does well at that we might have the option of playing Duncan+Splitter vs. Gasol+Odom. This game will most definitely show us a lot about the new Spur.

DrSteffo
08-26-2010, 07:57 AM

No you are not generous. France is ranked 15th by FIBA. The "D-league teams" (and there are plenty of them) will not play in Turkey. For example I watched Sweden-Albania and Sweden-Belarus live the last couple of weeks in European division B :lol At least I got to see one nba player (Jonas Jerebko of the Pistons). Basketball is fun :toast

will_spurs
08-26-2010, 08:19 AM
No you are not generous.

Benig beaten twice by Canada doesn't put them in the elite for sure. Maybe they are still in the NBA of international basketball, but in that case they are the Clippers or Bobcats, at least at the moment.

It might change but they are short of good players and really suck (and for the record, I'm French).

DrSteffo
08-26-2010, 08:31 AM
Benig beaten twice by Canada doesn't put them in the elite for sure. Maybe they are still in the NBA of international basketball, but in that case they are the Clippers or Bobcats, at least at the moment.

It might change but they are short of good players and really suck (and for the record, I'm French).

Yes I can agree on that. Just remember it could be worse... Cheers.

spursballer21
08-26-2010, 09:12 AM
who was defending splitter?

romain.star
08-26-2010, 09:31 AM

hum well dude, France is not in the NBA of International BB to me. Not for an entire game. Not with what i saw in the paint. A good quarter here and there but that's it.
This team would not get out of the first round in Euroleague (IMO)

will_spurs
08-28-2010, 03:06 PM
Yes I can agree on that. Just remember it could be worse... Cheers.

Well... that's France for you. They get beaten twice by Canada, then manage to get their act together for a great defensive performance to deny Spain in the first game of the Worlds. It doesn't make any sense whatsoever, but that's the way with France (and not only in basketball).

:downspin:

mathbzh
08-28-2010, 03:44 PM
Well... that's France for you. They get beaten twice by Canada, then manage to get their act together for a great defensive performance to deny Spain in the first game of the Worlds. It doesn't make any sense whatsoever, but that's the way with France (and not only in basketball).

:downspin:

I think it makes sense. France can't win a game if they allow more than 70-75 pts. To do it they need to give 100% on defense. This is not really expected in preparation games.

elgato21
08-28-2010, 06:49 PM
D-League?
France beat Spain today....

DrSteffo
08-29-2010, 01:28 AM
Big surprise they beat Spain but France still has some nba level talent on their team and D-teams doesn't.