PDA

View Full Version : Spurs Sighting--Barry

AFBlue
08-25-2010, 10:52 AM
So this actually happened about a month ago, but I've been busy taking care of a newborn, so I haven't really posted much.

I live in LA, Manhattan Beach to be specific, and I was driving my bosses to a meeting when I pulled up alongside some silver van...not sure what make of vehicle, but it wasn't "soccer mom" for sure. I see this kinda scruffy looking dude and swear it's Brent Barry, so I do a double take and here's what sealed it...a bald, goateed Jon Barry in the passenger seat. Pretty funny...I'm sitting there with my bosses like "no shit, the Barry brothers cruising down Aviation Blvd...damn that's fucking crazy". Then I zoned back in and realized where I was. :(

I've only seen a few celebs since being here the past year (don't live in the valley or do the Hollywood thing), so that one was cool because it was so random.

lefty
08-25-2010, 11:13 AM
Nice, thanks for sharing

And congrats on your newborn.

AFBlue
08-25-2010, 11:26 AM
Nice, thanks for sharing

And congrats on your newborn.

Thanks...he's a handful, but it's been great so far.

About the sighting, I think the only reason I saw Jon Barry is because he leaned forward and looked right at me...probably because I was gawking without realizing it. :lol

I just thought it was cool because I don't live in SA, so the chances of seeing a Spur or former Spur really aren't that great at all. BTW, I had to tell my boss (Cali guy) who they were by referencing their dad...and then apologize for dropping the f bomb.