PDA

View Full Version : Manu

SpursTillTheEnd
08-25-2010, 11:40 AM
is the best closer in basketball point blank period. not bitch ass ball hog kobe, or lebron or wade its manu.....

lefty
08-25-2010, 11:43 AM
http://www.lglan.net/vbdump/Tweak/3624_this_thread_needs.jpg

honestfool84
08-25-2010, 11:52 AM
^^ :lol

SpursTillTheEnd
08-25-2010, 11:56 AM
so what ur sayin is ur a fag lefty.. gtfo here go cake rj gay ass

Blackjack
08-25-2010, 12:15 PM
Ya know what, in a team setting and fully healthy, I agree. There isn't a better closer than Manu when he's on his game.

I think what differentiates Kobe, Wade, LeBron, etc., is their ability to physically dominate the individual matchups for their own offense and be better scoring closers.

But when you speak to overall closer -- the ability to make the right play, at the right time, whether it's with your own score or making the play that leads to the score -- I don't believe there's anyone better than Manu when he's at the top of his game.

I can't tell you how much it sucked watching the Spurs for the majority of Dave's career when it came to having a closer. We were always on the brink but just didn't have that cold-blooded assassin to compliment Dave. How Dave's career could have been had he been fortunate enough to have Manu . . .

Fans that never really experienced having a team without a legit closer are going to be in for a rude awakening when Manu's gone. I know he's a fan favorite and his game gets plenty of respect, but it may still be under-appreciated when it comes to his closing ability -- he's just come to have most expect it, rather than be amazed by it.

He's Manu Ginobili.

Mel_13
08-25-2010, 12:17 PM
KFU-wXsRhic

Blackjack
08-25-2010, 12:18 PM
Came right to mind when I was writing it, and you know I had to end with it.

Just classic Pop. :lol

portnoy1
08-25-2010, 12:35 PM
The cool thing about Manu is that he makes game changing plays on both ends. You dont see to many of those from Kobe and Lebron. Not to say that they havent made them, you just see manu getting it done on defense alot more.

Blackjack
08-25-2010, 12:43 PM
The defensive end should definitely be noted. He's usually got an amazing knack for getting a deflection, steal, block or some kind of disruption when you need it (or if he feels embarrassed or pissed that he made a bad turnover or play on the other end), but, unfortunately, all anyone seems to remember in that respect is the play he made on Dirk.

I don't think there's a player or team that wouldn't be ecstatic about having Manu on their team. Never did I believe he would've been half this good before the Spurs brought him over.

Best International 2-guard ever?

Spurs7794
08-25-2010, 12:54 PM
Fans that never really experienced having a team without a legit closer are going to be in for a rude awakening when Manu's gone. I know he's a fan favorite and his game gets plenty of respect, but it may still be under-appreciated when it comes to his closing ability -- he's just come to have most expect it, rather than be amazed by it.

He's Manu Ginobili.

I think fans realized it in 2008 WCF and 2009 playoffs. We could not hang with the Lakers in crunchtime because our closer was off...and in 2009, as good as TP was ...he is not the closer than Manu is (though he did a great job in the 2010 playoffs). One amazing thing about Manu...in crunchtime, he somehow always manages to get to the basket...he doesn't settle for jumpshots.

Nathan89
08-25-2010, 01:08 PM
The defensive end should definitely be noted. He's usually got an amazing knack for getting a deflection, steal, block or some kind of disruption when you need it (or if he feels embarrassed or pissed that he made a bad turnover or play on the other end), but, unfortunately, all anyone seems to remember in that respect is the play he made on Dirk.

I don't think there's a player or team that wouldn't be ecstatic about having Manu on their team. Never did I believe he would've been half this good before the Spurs brought him over.

I really like when this happens. He makes a mistake on offense and I just know he is on a mission on the defensive end.

portnoy1
08-25-2010, 01:19 PM
I really like when this happens. He makes a mistake on offense and I just know he is on a mission on the defensive end.
In crunch time no matter how badly he has shot he makes big plays. When it comes to Manu, him scoring 20+pts on a given night is a bonus. Anybody remember that game against okc when he dove head first to save that ball? Thats is Manu in a nutshell. He had a bad shooting night, but made several solid passes and solid defensive plays and to top it off that nose dive save.

Shifty
08-25-2010, 01:31 PM
Best International ever?
Best 2-guard ever?
Best guard ever?
Best ever?

Best ever!

Blackjack
08-25-2010, 01:34 PM
One amazing thing about Manu...in crunchtime, he somehow always manages to get to the basket...he doesn't settle for jumpshots.

That's why you've got to say "make the scoring play" instead of score or shot. Often when he gets to the lane it results in a foul, and he's money from the line late.

Manu's never been a great one-on-one clutch shooter, as in he creates for himself to take a jumper off the dribble or in the midpost, but getting into the lane, shooting off the catch, creating for others off the dribble or just in the halfcourt, and cutting off the ball ... there just isn't a better closing player when he's right.

He's just too multi-faceted and equally dangerous from almost anywhere on the court.

SA210
08-25-2010, 01:36 PM
Ya know what, in a team setting and fully healthy, I agree. There isn't a better closer than Manu when he's on his game.

I think what differentiates Kobe, Wade, LeBron, etc., is their ability to physically dominate the individual matchups for their own offense and be better scoring closers.

But when you speak to overall closer -- the ability to make the right play, at the right time, whether it's with your own score or making the play that leads to the score -- I don't believe there's anyone better than Manu when he's at the top of his game.

I can't tell you how much it sucked watching the Spurs for the majority of Dave's career when it came to having a closer. We were always on the brink but just didn't have that cold-blooded assassin to compliment Dave. How Dave's career could have been had he been fortunate enough to have Manu . . .

He's Manu Ginobili.

Well said :tu

Blackjack
08-25-2010, 01:39 PM
Best International ever?
Best 2-guard ever?
Best guard ever?
Best ever?

Best ever!

Oscar Schmidt would be the only person I couldn't speak to, so that's why it was a question.

Manu's a first-teamer for all-time International players, and I could easily make an argument that a prime and healthy Ginobili would be the first guy I picked to win a 7-game series if I had to choose one, but I think it's a stretch to call him the best ever.

But he is a bad boy.

Duncan2177
08-25-2010, 01:41 PM
Manu is not the best closer in basketball but he is one of the best.

Barfunk
08-25-2010, 01:55 PM
Manu as the number one option of a team is a 20-25 ppg scorer. I think I heard Charles Barkley say that as well. Too bad he came into the league a little late and Pop kept him as a 6th man most of the time.

mingus
08-25-2010, 02:10 PM
Manu as the number one scorer on the team gets injured 3/4 of the way into the season. maybe he couldve done it when he was younger, but now no way.

cantthinkofanything
08-25-2010, 02:15 PM
Manu as the number one option of a team is a 20-25 ppg scorer. I think I heard Charles Barkley say that as well. Too bad he came into the league a little late and Pop kept him as a 6th man most of the time.

No way to know for sure, but if he started from day one, he might be physically done by now and I'm not sure the Spurs have any extra rings for the effort.

cantthinkofanything
08-25-2010, 02:33 PM
http://www.lglan.net/vbdump/Tweak/3624_this_thread_needs.jpg

http://www.stumblebumblemonkey.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/RJsausage.jpg

TD 21
08-25-2010, 03:13 PM

He's Manu Ginobili.

I agree. For a last shot scenario, I could see taking Bryant, but if we're talking about a player who you'd want with the ball in their hands with a few minutes or even a quarter left in a close game, I'd take Ginobili for reasons you've already stated.

LoneStarState'sPride
08-25-2010, 04:05 PM
http://i703.photobucket.com/albums/ww37/eddietheaggie2010/aginobili.jpg

Juanobili
08-25-2010, 04:07 PM
Manu is fuckin legendary

LoneStarState'sPride
08-25-2010, 04:08 PM
http://i703.photobucket.com/albums/ww37/eddietheaggie2010/aginobili2.jpg

LoneStarState'sPride
08-25-2010, 04:08 PM
And that's just against OKC

Leonard Curse
08-25-2010, 04:11 PM
^^ :lol
hey are you the actual camera guy on david teran? amazing work!!

LoneStarState'sPride
08-25-2010, 04:14 PM
http://i703.photobucket.com/albums/ww37/eddietheaggie2010/aginobili3.jpg

http://i703.photobucket.com/albums/ww37/eddietheaggie2010/aginobili4.jpg

DAF86
08-25-2010, 10:50 PM
Manu as the number one scorer on the team gets injured 3/4 of the way into the season. maybe he couldve done it when he was younger, but now no way.

I hate that missconception about Manu just because of one fucking ankle injury.

spurs10
08-25-2010, 11:42 PM
Came right to mind when I was writing it, and you know I had to end with it.

Just classic Pop. :lol
Absolutely!

NRHector
08-25-2010, 11:49 PM
Manu is a living legend :toast

jimo2305
08-26-2010, 12:06 AM
http://i703.photobucket.com/albums/ww37/eddietheaggie2010/aginobili4.jpg

http://a.imageshack.us/img265/820/manux.png