PDA

View Full Version : What games have been/are/are going to be consuming your life?

Cry Havoc
08-25-2010, 11:53 AM
Right now, I have 5 games I'm playing regularly:

1. League of Legends. Still my most played game of the past year by a wide margin, it just doesn't get old. 57 Champions and counting.

2. Borderlands. Totally hooked on this right now. It's not a perfect game, I wouldn't even give it a 9/10, but the simple fact is, sometimes you don't want to push yourself while playing... sometimes you just want to load up 4 guns and cap a few guys in the face. Mindless Diablo-style fun. Love it. Like gaming fast-food.

3. Bioshock. Yes yes. I haven't beaten this yet. Stfu. It's going to happen, it just takes me time. :lol

4. Starcraft II. This game will surely be #1 or #2 soon. Holy crap, it's amazing. I played some 'Toss fool last night, and just as expected, he tried to rush Void Rays... only to lose because his one void ray and 3 stalkers couldn't handle 25 zealots pounding his base.

5. Team Fortress 2. This game is just impressive. I cannot believe how much love the dev team lavishes on it monthly. New updates are keeping it fresh and challenging.

Games I need to play soon: Mass Effect (1 and 2), Oblivion, Fallout 3 expansions (haven't touched them yet), a couple others. :lol

Games that are upcoming: Mainly Gran Turismo 5, although Fallout looks phenomenal.

Sense
08-25-2010, 11:59 AM
1. Counter Strike Source - I've been addicting to Scoutznknives for 5+ years.... that's ONE map!

2. Dragon Age: Origins - Amazing game... still enjoying it.

3. Battlefield Bad Company 2 - still enjoying it..

Eventually this will change, but for now this have been my most played games... I've considered buying the new Worms game, I used to be terribly addicted to Worms2 back in the day.

lefty
08-25-2010, 12:02 PM
Sport games :lol

Cry Havoc
08-25-2010, 12:10 PM
1. Counter Strike Source - I've been addicting to Scoutznknives for 5+ years.... that's ONE map!

2. Dragon Age: Origins - Amazing game... still enjoying it.

3. Battlefield Bad Company 2 - still enjoying it..

Eventually this will change, but for now this have been my most played games... I've considered buying the new Worms game, I used to be terribly addicted to Worms2 back in the day.

Geez, I forgot about BC2. I've been playing that a lot, too. And I need to play Counterstrike again... scoutznknives IS an amazing map. And maybe pick up my M16 and play CoD4 again.

*sigh* Too many good games out there. :lol

balli
08-25-2010, 12:23 PM
Dragon Age. I still need to get back to my me2 insanity playthrough. I recently started a second Oblivion playthrough, but I don't play it. I just wait until I'm too drunk/tired/burnt-out to effectively play CoD and I load up my uber-leet mage and travel around to all my houses to look at all my uber-leet collections of stuff. I've been into that for a week or so. Speaking of CoD, I finally put down mw2 and started playing CoD4 again. God, it's so much better.

Games I need to play soon: Mass Effect (1 and 2), Oblivion
You haven't played Mass Effect 1 or Oblivion? Obviously, you don't need me telling you to get on that.

If only there were 48 hours in each day huh?

TDMVPDPOY
08-25-2010, 12:44 PM
nba games

and mporpg :( never got into wow cause cant afford it, but cant wait for diablo 3

SAtown
08-25-2010, 12:59 PM
Have been: mw/mw2, mlb the show, PES 2010, WE9, NFL 2k5, MK II

Will be: NBA 2k11, PES 2011, (new) Mortal Kombat

Cry Havoc
08-25-2010, 01:00 PM
You haven't played Mass Effect 1 or Oblivion? Obviously, you don't need me telling you to get on that.

If only there were 48 hours in each day huh?

Exactly.

I have played Oblivion, and I got about 8 hours into Mass Effect, and then just stopped. :lol I own both games, so that should be very fixable... hopefully I'll have some time to do that soon.

Cry Havoc
08-25-2010, 01:02 PM
Have been: WE9, NFL 2k5

:toast

You have phenomenal taste in sports games. Those are two of my top 3 all time.

1. WE9
2/3 (tied). NFL 2k5, Tecmo Super Bowl

resistanze
08-25-2010, 01:09 PM
Currently playing:

1. Counter-Strike: Source (PC) - God damn I've logged in a shitload of hours in the past 2 weeks. I stopped playing CS in 2006 but bought it on sale in June. I forgot what a legendary map de_dust is.

That is all.

Games I own but never started:

1. Killzone 2 (PS3) - Never get past the first 10 minutes before I have to stop.
2. MGS4 (PS3) - Stopped playing an hour in, need to find time before shit gets hectic next month.
3. Bioshock 2 (XBOX360) - Don't know why I can't get myself to start playing.
4. Splinter Cell: Conviction (XBOX360) - I may never start this game with the shit in front of it and the games soon to be released.
5. Portal (PC/XBOX360) - I know.

stretch
08-25-2010, 01:36 PM
Castlevania 1, 2, and 3
Battletoads
Arch Rivals
Blaster Master
Xexyz
Metal Gear
Maniac Mansion

I have an NES emulator on my phone, and I play them on the train to/from work.

SAtown
08-25-2010, 01:47 PM
:toast

You have phenomenal taste in sports games. Those are two of my top 3 all time.

1. WE9
2/3 (tied). NFL 2k5, Tecmo Super Bowl

If it weren't for the licenses in PES nowadays (Champions League, Europa, and for 2011 Copa Libertadores) as well as Become a Legend mode, I don't think I'd touch the next gen PES's. I still play the crap out of we9 though, tons more stadiums, players slots, and better overall feel than any fifa or next gen pes.

As for NFL 2k5, my damn Action Replay for xbox hasn't worked for about a year and a half, so I'm still using the rosters and schedule from a couple years ago (using flying finns rosters and such). But it's still the best football game out there. Being sold for around 59 cents last time i checked.

CuckingFunt
08-25-2010, 02:16 PM

Dude, play Portal. Immediately. I beat it in a day.

CuckingFunt
08-25-2010, 02:20 PM
As for my answer to the OP's question... sadly, none. Classes just started in my first year of grad school, and between course work and TAing, I predict a thick layer of dust will be forming on all consoles and controllers. This breaks my heart.

Otherwise, I've most recently been playing Super Mario Galaxy 2. Not terribly exciting, but Gamefly sent me nothing but selections from the very bottom of my queue all summer.

koriwhat
08-25-2010, 02:33 PM
just got mafia 2 but i played it a good 5 mins and that's it. i'm not much for playing video games. however, i'd play the shit out of nba 2k10 but not by myself and if i still had xbl access.

MannyIsGod
08-25-2010, 02:38 PM
As for my answer to the OP's question... sadly, none. Classes just started in my first year of grad school, and between course work and TAing, I predict a thick layer of dust will be forming on all consoles and controllers. This breaks my heart.

Otherwise, I've most recently been playing Super Mario Galaxy 2. Not terribly exciting, but Gamefly sent me nothing but selections from the very bottom of my queue all summer.

I just started classes this week as well and between that, work, and the gym I just can't bring myself to turn on my PS3 either. I had a few hours last night where I could have and I just zoned out while watching a movie on netflix on my laptop in bed instead.

resistanze
08-25-2010, 02:51 PM

I feel that. I just finished grad school (technically this is my last week) but my gaming went down considerably in the 2 years I did my Masters.

I'm starting a one-year program that will probably be less demanding than my grad program, but I'm also taking on a part-time job. I should still have more free time in general. I will clear Portal this weekend, though.

mingus
08-25-2010, 02:57 PM
none with school just starting back up. i'll be playing on weekends mostly. on weekends i will be playing Black Ops (if it's as good as i hope it will be), and Christmas break i'll buy New Vegas and spend hours playing that. o yeah, Halo Reach will be a game i'll buy as well and probably play a lot of that on the weekends. those are my big 3.

DarkReign
08-25-2010, 03:10 PM
Dude, play Portal. Immediately. I beat it in a day.

Truth. Very, very short game that is just plain full of awesome. I replay it all the time in one (short) sitting.

DarkReign
08-25-2010, 03:17 PM
Civilization 4: yeah, yeah, yeah...still. September 21st cant come soon enough.

BC2: I played the shit out of it when I first got it, havent played it in weeks, though.

I just replayed and finished Dragon Age recently, yet I still refuse to buy one expansion. Dont know why, so dont ask.

I then immediately went back to Fallout 3 to try and finally finish the damn thing. I still havent "beat" it and I still wont buy an expansion, either. Honestly, and I know I am going to get ripped for this, FO3 isnt all that cool to me. Its a well done FPS with a pause feature (VATs). An expansive landscape thats literally uninhabited (unlike Oblivion) and once you hit a certain level or a combo of skills, youre unbeatable. Im literally yawning my way to the end as everything I shoot dies in one or two hits.

After I beat that, I'll go back to Dragon Age for a Rogue playthrough or ask my brother for RDR back so I can beat that.

One way or the other, I will find myself spending a majority of my time playing Civ 4, though. Until 9-21-10 that is.

Cry Havoc
08-25-2010, 03:49 PM
I then immediately went back to Fallout 3 to try and finally finish the damn thing. I still havent "beat" it and I still wont buy an expansion, either. Honestly, and I know I am going to get ripped for this, FO3 isnt all that cool to me. Its a well done FPS with a pause feature (VATs). An expansive landscape thats literally uninhabited (unlike Oblivion) and once you hit a certain level or a combo of skills, youre unbeatable. Im literally yawning my way to the end as everything I shoot dies in one or two hits.

Really? Are you playing it on hard or very hard? That game wasn't incredibly challenging to me, but it wasn't totally easy, either. I had to shoot things 3-4 times, even with a plasma rifle, near the end.

The thing that sets Fallout 3 apart for me is the fact that it's an actual RPG. Rather than watching scripted action unfold the same way, you have an active part in the way the game plays itself out. To me, that sets it apart. The fact that it is really well-written and has a huge area to cover with a slew of interesting places to explore just makes it that much more replayable.

Seriously though, if things are dying that quickly, you need to up the challenge.

IronMexican
08-25-2010, 03:53 PM
1. Socom FTB for the PSP. I lost a lot of my life to this game. Used to play for at least 12 hours when I was on Summer Vacation a couple years back.

2. Fallout 3. I've had multiple characters with over 100 hours.

3. Elder Scrolls:IV. Same as Fallout. Since I was a bit late to the party, I didn't play this one as long

mingus
08-25-2010, 04:05 PM
New Vegas seems like it's going to be more for you, Reign. i don't know how big it is, but with the Vegas not hit by nukes, it's probably going to be more populated. they're also fixing the fp combat. my complaint with it in Fallout 3 is that it's clunky and not smooth. they're going to give it a COD feel for New Vegas.

mingus
08-25-2010, 04:07 PM
Cry is right about highering the difficulty. it's a waaay harder game that way.

balli
08-25-2010, 04:17 PM
I don't fight the difficulty in games like Fallout. The combat system in that game is so rudimentary. Why fight relatively limited controls in addition to your enemy? I'd say the same about Mass Effect 1, but the squad based, real time strategy mitigates the argument at higher difficulty. Nevertheless, just go along for the awesome ride of the story and character; the point of games like Fallout isn't to make you scrap and die over and again until you get it right. Save your technique for Veteran CoD4, any true FPS, Ninja Gaiden and 2-d platformers.

Cry Havoc
08-25-2010, 04:28 PM
I don't fight the difficulty in games like Fallout. The combat system in that game is so rudimentary. Why fight relatively limited controls in addition to your enemy? I'd say the same about Mass Effect 1, but the squad based, real time strategy mitigates the argument at higher difficulty. Nevertheless, just go along for the awesome ride of the story and character; the point of games like Fallout isn't to make you scrap and die over and again until you get it right. Save your technique for Veteran CoD4, any true FPS, Ninja Gaiden and 2-d platformers.

I see what you're saying, and I agree to a point, but it's nice to have a challenge. That way, when I clear out a building, I know I did it through some measure of skill. It makes the story all the more rewarding by feeling like I had to struggle to earn the rewards of the story along the way, as well as endgame. Fallout 3 is nothing, if not a story of struggle and the devastating consequences of war, living on the edge of existence, etc. It feels authentic and a lot more fun if I'm constantly having to scrap for ammo and health and anti-radiation meds to get by until the next area.

balli
08-25-2010, 04:31 PM
And personally, I thought Fallout lended itself to being underpopulated. It bugged me in Oblivion that you had what seemed like thousands of acres of world and only a few NPCs sprinkled throughout and into these mammoth towns. That was a conflict of technical limit vs. conceptual design; it didn't feel real enough given the premise and grandeur of the game.

Whereas in Fallout, it made perfect sense that there were no NPCs... they were ash or hanging in a gore bag. The design of the game, from the bombed out buildings, to dust floating by you and burnt grass, or the eerie silence, reinforced the idea that you were in an empty wasteland. And conceptually, that was a really good way to handle what I thought was a big flaw in Oblivion. It was the exact right franchise for Bethesda to work on.

Same goes for RDR, btw. Not a coincidence.

CuckingFunt
08-25-2010, 04:33 PM
I get killed all the damn time in Fallout 3. But, that could be largely because a) I haven't had much time to play and I'm at a ridiculously low level, and b) I tend to be one of those oblivious players who doesn't realize I'm completely out of health, ammo, and useful weapons until after I've wandered into the radiation field filled with tons of things that want to kill me. So, "oh fuck!," die, rinse, repeat. I'm amusingly spastic when playing shooters, especially when they require strategy or, heaven forbid, careful stealthiness.

Love the game, though. Well, as much as I can. It's one of those games that I think stands out as a great example of what it is, but what it is will never be my favorite type of game. I'm not a huge RPG person, generally, and not a huge fan of open world games. With a limited amount of time available to dedicate to gaming, I'll invariably get to a point where I realize that more than half of the hours I've put into playing have been dedicated to aimlessly wandering around the wasteland (or city, or whatever) and traveling between missions, rather than making tangible forward momentum within the storyline, and I'll move on to something else for a while.

That being said, I'd really hoped to dedicate a lot of my free time this summer to playing this one and Gamefly can suck it for not sending it to me.

balli
08-25-2010, 04:35 PM
I see what you're saying, and I agree to a point, but it's nice to have a challenge. That way, when I clear out a building, I know I did it through some measure of skill. It makes the story all the more rewarding by feeling like I had to struggle to earn the rewards of the story along the way, as well as endgame. Fallout 3 is nothing, if not a story of struggle and the devastating consequences of war, living on the edge of existence, etc. It feels authentic and a lot more fun if I'm constantly having to scrap for ammo and health and anti-radiation meds to get by until the next area.

For sure.( Especially for Dark Reign, who seems to be pretty hardcore elite, to say the least.) There's something to be said for grinding it out like a true post-apocalypto and I respect it, but I guess, hell, I'm just too lazy. Those games are long enough.

MavDynasty
08-25-2010, 04:37 PM
Oblivion atm

Amazing game as well as Fallout

LnGrrrR
08-25-2010, 04:57 PM
1. League of Legends. Love it.

2. My kid, Devin

3. My kid

4. My wife

5. Work

Cry Havoc
08-25-2010, 05:01 PM
1. League of Legends. Love it.

How'd you find out about LoL?

ElNono
08-25-2010, 05:30 PM
I played through the StarCraft II campaign and it was really good. I really don't like to play online since I have to/like to pause the game here and there to do some other things and you obviously can't do that while you're in the middle of an online game.

So, I've been re-playing all three Age of Empires lately. I'm midway through The Asian Dynasties, so I'm almost done. Next up is Mafia II, but I'm really looking forward to New Vegas and whatever else comes out by christmas.

mingus
08-25-2010, 05:36 PM
I get killed all the damn time in Fallout 3. But, that could be largely because a) I haven't had much time to play and I'm at a ridiculously low level, and b) I tend to be one of those oblivious players who doesn't realize I'm completely out of health, ammo, and useful weapons until after I've wandered into the radiation field filled with tons of things that want to kill me. So, "oh fuck!," die, rinse, repeat. I'm amusingly spastic when playing shooters, especially when they require strategy or, heaven forbid, careful stealthiness.

Love the game, though. Well, as much as I can. It's one of those games that I think stands out as a great example of what it is, but what it is will never be my favorite type of game. I'm not a huge RPG person, generally, and not a huge fan of open world games. With a limited amount of time available to dedicate to gaming, I'll invariably get to a point where I realize that more than half of the hours I've put into playing have been dedicated to aimlessly wandering around the wasteland (or city, or whatever) and traveling between missions, rather than making tangible forward momentum within the storyline, and I'll move on to something else for a while.

That being said, I'd really hoped to dedicate a lot of my free time this summer to playing this one and Gamefly can suck it for not sending it to me.

fallout 3 is one of the easiest games you can play when you team up with someone. have you reached the point where u can team up with Charon? Easy. you're right about the time though. I never got to enjoy it when it first came out due to time constraints. that's why a lot of times I prefer linear (or somewhat) stories like Mass Effect, which isn't linear in the classic sense, but compared to fallout is.

Dex
08-25-2010, 06:54 PM
Currently FFXIII, GoW2, and Bioshock. When I'm not playing 2k, that is.

I'm always like a year behind with games, but they sure are a hell of a lot cheaper that way.

DarkReign
08-25-2010, 06:57 PM

You mentioned something that irks me about FO3.

I can never go very long without having to hike back to Megaton and unload the crapload of shit I have accumulated while out and about. Even with the Ghoul dude in "party" and loading his ugly-ass up, I still clear a building, loot most everything and have to run back to Megaton and store shit in my lockers.

Moreover, maybe this has to do with your argument, but in all these types of games, I never have to (or choose to) use any of the buff "potions". I have literally hundreds of RadAway and Jet because I have never felt I needed them. I mean damn, the only thing I am using not named a Stimpak is Vodka/Scotch for the STR bonus so I can, you guessed it, carry more useless shit that I can never sell because vendors in Rivet City and Megaton run out of money before I even get through my "Apparel Locker" ( one locker is for crafting, one for weapons, one for apparel, the desk upstairs is for bullshit and the fridge downstairs is for all the special shit like Scrap Metal, unique outfits, named weapons, Blood Packs, PreWar Books, etc).

...and this gripe extends to all games. Like Dragon Age, all the potions, pots and bullshit you accumulate is just a waste of inventory space beyond health pots and mana pots. Nature salves, Ice-this, flame-that...all crap, all never used or crafted.

Just seems to be a waste, at least they are for the type of player I am, I guess. IIRC, and honestly its been awhile, I think Oblivion was the same way.

Mass Effect, otoh, didnt have that problem and I liked it for that.

The only game I ever used that sort of stuff in was WoW, because if you didnt, you didnt stand a chance against those who did.

Cry Havoc
08-25-2010, 08:22 PM
You mentioned something that irks me about FO3.

I can never go very long without having to hike back to Megaton and unload the crapload of shit I have accumulated while out and about. Even with the Ghoul dude in "party" and loading his ugly-ass up, I still clear a building, loot most everything and have to run back to Megaton and store shit in my lockers.

Moreover, maybe this has to do with your argument, but in all these types of games, I never have to (or choose to) use any of the buff "potions". I have literally hundreds of RadAway and Jet because I have never felt I needed them. I mean damn, the only thing I am using not named a Stimpak is Vodka/Scotch for the STR bonus so I can, you guessed it, carry more useless shit that I can never sell because vendors in Rivet City and Megaton run out of money before I even get through my "Apparel Locker" ( one locker is for crafting, one for weapons, one for apparel, the desk upstairs is for bullshit and the fridge downstairs is for all the special shit like Scrap Metal, unique outfits, named weapons, Blood Packs, PreWar Books, etc).

...and this gripe extends to all games. Like Dragon Age, all the potions, pots and bullshit you accumulate is just a waste of inventory space beyond health pots and mana pots. Nature salves, Ice-this, flame-that...all crap, all never used or crafted.

Just seems to be a waste, at least they are for the type of player I am, I guess. IIRC, and honestly its been awhile, I think Oblivion was the same way.

Mass Effect, otoh, didnt have that problem and I liked it for that.

The only game I ever used that sort of stuff in was WoW, because if you didnt, you didnt stand a chance against those who did.

You know you can fast teleport to the town, right? You don't have to walk....

CuckingFunt
08-25-2010, 08:32 PM
fallout 3 is one of the easiest games you can play when you team up with someone. have you reached the point where u can team up with Charon?

Not yet. Like I said, I've hardly made any progress. And it's probably getting close to a year since I played what little I did.

LnGrrrR
08-25-2010, 08:40 PM
How'd you find out about LoL?

I believe I read it on a site while looking up info about DotA. I was about to buy WC3 again so I could play (lost my damn key), and found out about that instead.

I found out about DotA during my deployment in 05 to Kyrgyzstan. Us escorts would bust in the Morale tent late at night and take over the ten computers, all Lan'd together. :lol

Nathan Explosion
08-25-2010, 09:04 PM
Unfortunately I haven't playing much either. Red Dead Redemption has just been sitting there begging me to play. I downloaded the Limbo demo and have yet to play it. And Madden and Halo Reach are just begging me to buy them.

But I don't have time really.

When I do find a bit of time, the guys at work and I throw down on some MW2. We've been playing a lot of hardcore mode lately.

MavDynasty
08-25-2010, 10:22 PM
Unfortunately I haven't playing much either. Red Dead Redemption has just been sitting there begging me to play. I downloaded the Limbo demo and have yet to play it. And Madden and Halo Reach are just begging me to buy them.

But I don't have time really.

When I do find a bit of time, the guys at work and I throw down on some MW2. We've been playing a lot of hardcore mode lately.

tbh Red Dead is a great game, just too short imho. It is too easy to beat once you get really into it and the multiplayer is meh. The free roam sucks ass compared to GTA's free roam but it is still a badass singleplayer game. I don't know how any of the DLC's are though

SourCandy
08-25-2010, 10:31 PM
For a while my brother was searching for a mint nes. He finally found one "like new" and wanted to play with a game with me he swore on when he was younger.. I never played the original nes just the super nintendo. He got me hooked on super dodge ball. For such a low graphic game it is very fun! Its fun to watch the players get tired and hit and fly across the screen.

DarkReign
08-25-2010, 10:56 PM
You know you can fast teleport to the town, right? You don't have to walk....

Smartass.

DarkReign
08-25-2010, 10:57 PM
He got me hooked on super dodge ball. For such a low graphic game it is very fun! Its fun to watch the players get tired and hit and fly across the screen.

Holy shit, blast from the past! Great game.

leemajors
08-26-2010, 06:47 AM
I had to quit playing TF2 about 7 months ago, a while after the ridiculous demoman update came out. They have systematically ruined it, and the hat/crafting stuff is beyond stupid.

Cry Havoc
08-26-2010, 10:04 AM
I believe I read it on a site while looking up info about DotA. I was about to buy WC3 again so I could play (lost my damn key), and found out about that instead.

I found out about DotA during my deployment in 05 to Kyrgyzstan. Us escorts would bust in the Morale tent late at night and take over the ten computers, all Lan'd together. :lol

Wow, so not only did you get a game that's arguably (I would say definitely) better than DotA, but it was free! I'd call that an upgrade. :lol

Man, that sounds awesome. LANning late into the early morning hours.... drool-worthy for any gaming geek.

Smartass.

Well, I'm just saying that it makes shuffling goods back and forth to sell a lot easier.

You sound like you hoarded too much, anyway. I beat the game without needing tons of stuff, although I never really got around to decorating my home in Megaton. Why do I need decorations for a place that I'm only going to to sleep, get radiation treatment, or to dump guns?

They could have made it a lot worse and given the lockers an extremely limited storage capacity. :lol

LnGrrrR
08-26-2010, 01:17 PM
You sound like you hoarded too much, anyway. I beat the game without needing tons of stuff, although I never really got around to decorating my home in Megaton. Why do I need decorations for a place that I'm only going to to sleep, get radiation treatment, or to dump guns?

I personally decorated my home... have all the unique helmets lined up on my shelf, that magazine you get for finishing the survival guide on the desk near my bed, a coca-cola van, a few suits lined up, a mallet propped up against the wall... It's badass.

Heck, I even had a doggie bowl with some meat in it there for the dog. I leave him at the house cause I don't want him getting killed... plus it's fun to come home to him. :) :lol

Cry Havoc
08-26-2010, 01:25 PM
I personally decorated my home... have all the unique helmets lined up on my shelf, that magazine you get for finishing the survival guide on the desk near my bed, a coca-cola van, a few suits lined up, a mallet propped up against the wall... It's badass.

That sounds pretty wicked. The next time I play through the game I'll have to do that. :lol

The Reckoning
08-26-2010, 02:55 PM
rome and medieval 2. i play their mods stainless steel and total realism. been playing that for about four years now.

Venti Quattro
08-26-2010, 06:13 PM
plants vs zombies :cry

leemajors
08-26-2010, 06:28 PM
plants vs zombies :cry

I played that for 6 weeks straight, then moved right into Angry Birds. Two awesome games. Fragger and Monster Dash are also very fun.

resistanze
08-26-2010, 07:07 PM
I played that for 6 weeks straight, then moved right into Angry Birds. Two awesome games. Fragger and Monster Dash are also very fun.

You basically listed the last 4 games I've played. I'm stuck on one level the angry birds with the boomerang birds, which has basically stopped me from playing.

leemajors
08-26-2010, 07:34 PM
You basically listed the last 4 games I've played. I'm stuck on one level the angry birds with the boomerang birds, which has basically stopped me from playing.

Both of my roomates have everything three starred, I didn't have the patience for that. I have everything but the 2nd and third parts of Danger Above done. There are guides on youtube if you're that stuck. My 5 year old daughter absolutely loves Angry Birds.

Dr. Gonzo
08-26-2010, 07:42 PM
I finished all the levels on Angry Birds but didn't get 3 stars on all of them.

I've been playing Red Dead Redemption constantly for a couple of weeks now. Great game.

LnGrrrR
08-26-2010, 09:20 PM
My wife hates games but love Plants v Zombies.

NASpurs
08-26-2010, 09:53 PM
I dug my PS2 from the closet and started to play Gran Turismo 4. Back then when it came out, I was never really into these simulation racing games but now that I'm older and more into cars, I dig it a lot. Still looks really good for a PS2/5 year old game. I should probably try to play it on an emulator. Those youtube videos of GT4 on emulators look great.

Frenzy
08-26-2010, 11:34 PM
For a while my brother was searching for a mint nes. He finally found one "like new" and wanted to play with a game with me he swore on when he was younger.. I never played the original nes just the super nintendo. He got me hooked on super dodge ball. For such a low graphic game it is very fun! Its fun to watch the players get tired and hit and fly across the screen.

Best game of the NES.

Venti Quattro
08-27-2010, 12:47 AM
I play Angry Birds on my N900 and I am completely unamused by it.

Another game that takes my life is Heroes of Hellas. Sort of a Bejeweled game but it has Hellenic stuff in it.

TDMVPDPOY
08-27-2010, 03:48 AM
fck that shit just loss an account with godly items in it...fck that shit

symple19
08-27-2010, 05:13 AM
Are
1. GalCiv 2: Twilight of the Arnor
2. Civ 4
3. Singularity
4. NBA 2K10
5. Napoleon: Total War
6. S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Trilogy, Complete Mods
Are going to be
1. CIV 5!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!
2. Crysis 2
3. MW: Black Ops...Welcome back TreyArch, and dedicated servers
4. Medal Of Honor
5. NBA 2K11
6. Fallout: New Vegas
7. Rage

symple19
08-27-2010, 05:16 AM
Gonna say it one more time....

CIV 5!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nathan Explosion
08-27-2010, 08:08 AM
Angry Birds helped me keep my son still while he got his first haircut. Can't be that bad. It's a very addicting game so I don't play too much.

balli
08-27-2010, 11:52 AM
2. Crysis 2
7. Rage
Crysis 2 is going to be good. I wasn't exactly holding my breath, but the multiplayer trailer from Gamescom was just amazing.

I think Rage is just going to be really, really fun... and I'm looking forward to seeing id Tech 5.

sabar
08-30-2010, 04:17 PM
An occasional league of legends round or a starcraft 2 match. No time to play these days. Civ 5 is going to be awesome but it'd take me a month to play one game, so no rush to get it, unfortunately.

And fallout 3 was way too easy. I only played the game once because of that fact. The expansion that raised the level cap turned me from a killing machine into a god.

mardigan
08-31-2010, 07:08 PM
ALl I ever play is Left For Dead 2, and with the new DLC coming out for it I don't see any reason that would change. Fallout New Vegas and Halo Reach might get me off it for a bit, but I doubt it.

ynh
08-31-2010, 10:55 PM
Games I'm playing right now

Fable 2 MUCH Much love for this game

Tiger Woods

Games That will be taking all my time in the next three months

Reach
Fable 3
Black Ops
NHL 11
NBA 2k whatever we are on
Dead Rising 2

ynh
08-31-2010, 10:57 PM
Not playing games that much right now though.. I notice I go in cycles. I will play games non-stop for a good 3 months then will hardly touch a game for 3.. Once Reach comes out though the gaming season is upon us.. so I will imagin that's when I will be back into playing all the time.

Figure September 14th (think that is reach's launch date) will be an all day/night gaming day with my friend.. that should push me into playing again.

Though I do have a huge urge to go play back through Halo:CE right now.

MavDynasty
08-31-2010, 11:01 PM
I heard that New Vegas will actually have a full, healthy, lively working city. My one gripe with Fallout 3 was the barren-ess of it all and how it was a huge shithole.

ynh
08-31-2010, 11:03 PM
Currently playing:

1. Counter-Strike: Source (PC) - God damn I've logged in a shitload of hours in the past 2 weeks. I stopped playing CS in 2006 but bought it on sale in June. I forgot what a legendary map de_dust is.

That is all.

Games I own but never started:

1. Killzone 2 (PS3) - Never get past the first 10 minutes before I have to stop.
2. MGS4 (PS3) - Stopped playing an hour in, need to find time before shit gets hectic next month.
3. Bioshock 2 (XBOX360) - Don't know why I can't get myself to start playing.
4. Splinter Cell: Conviction (XBOX360) - I may never start this game with the shit in front of it and the games soon to be released.

Same issues as you.. I think I've played 30 mins of Bioshock 2 and perhaps 30 of Conviction.. I hope to play them sometime.. but have no urge right now.

ynh
08-31-2010, 11:04 PM
I heard that New Vegas will actually have a full, healthy, lively working city. My one gripe with Fallout 3 was the barren-ess of it all and how it was a huge shithole.

Same issue as well.. well that and I got sick of seeing brown all over the place.

MavDynasty
08-31-2010, 11:07 PM
tbh the Capital Wasteland was so depressing. Brown rocks and dead trees everywhere with the occasional shantytown next to some radiated pool of water. It was a damn good game though dont get me wrong, I'm just looking forward to the full working city.

leemajors
09-01-2010, 10:49 AM
Monster Dash is pretty damn engrossing.

Cry Havoc
09-01-2010, 11:00 AM
tbh the Capital Wasteland was so depressing. Brown rocks and dead trees everywhere with the occasional shantytown next to some radiated pool of water. It was a damn good game though dont get me wrong, I'm just looking forward to the full working city.

I loved it. It really captured the feel of a completely spartan, devastated landscape, and it make encounters with NPCs feel more meaningful, since there were so few. The first time you see Tenpenny Towers or Rivet City is just amazing.

DarkReign
09-01-2010, 11:05 AM
rome and medieval 2. i play their mods stainless steel and total realism. been playing that for about four years now.

Rome is so much better than Empire. I dont play mods much at all, but I have been looking for an excuse to play Rome again.

B-Hath
09-08-2010, 12:17 AM
Finished Arkham Asylum a couple of weeks ago. That pretty much took over my life.

Rip-Hamilton32
09-08-2010, 12:42 AM
currently playing zelda a link to the past for super nintendo, just picked it up for 15 bucks the other day, good memories

mingus
09-08-2010, 02:26 AM
yeah I liked the feel of Fallout 3. there was a lot of sameness, but so much variation too. it's a game that is big enough to where you see a lot of the same surroundings walking the wasteland, but the many locations in it spice things up.

CuckingFunt
09-08-2010, 02:31 AM
Finished Arkham Asylum a couple of weeks ago. That pretty much took over my life.

Fucking game.

The only thing keeping me from 100% completion is some weird glitch saying that I didn't break one of the Joker teeth in the Arkham Mansion. I've walked through every inch of that fucker at least ten times looking for the teeth, but they're just not there.

Sigh... fucking game.

B-Hath
09-08-2010, 10:23 PM
Fucking game.

The only thing keeping me from 100% completion is some weird glitch saying that I didn't break one of the Joker teeth in the Arkham Mansion. I've walked through every inch of that fucker at least ten times looking for the teeth, but they're just not there.

Sigh... fucking game.

I had the same problem!! It bugged the shit out of me so much I looked up locations for all the Joker teeth. Still nothing. Arkham City next year looks pretty sweet though.

leemajors
09-09-2010, 12:30 PM
The Creeps! is a fun tower defense game for iOS.

Phillip
09-09-2010, 12:39 PM
SimCity 4 now

Xevious
09-09-2010, 12:56 PM
I guess nothing atm. I'm surprised my Dragon Age and Mass Effect 1 and 2 discs haven't melted from overuse. But I think I'm done for the time being until more Mass Effect 2 DLC gets released.

New Vegas and Fable 3 are coming out this year, I'm sure I'll be hooked on those for a while.

Cry Havoc
09-09-2010, 01:18 PM
Demon's Souls and Starcraft II have taken over my gaming time almost entirely. Just LoLing a bit here and there, but wow, the former two are phenomenal.

Damn Void Rays.

balli
09-09-2010, 01:57 PM
I had the same problem!! It bugged the shit out of me so much I looked up locations for all the Joker teeth. Still nothing. Arkham City next year looks pretty sweet though.

I don't know if this is your guy's problem, but I was missing one set of teeth and upon looking up the locations online, I found that there was a single set of teeth hidden high up in a hard to find balcony. I can't remember what building they are in, but I know there is one set that's really easy to overlook.

z0sa
09-10-2010, 03:41 PM
Demon's Souls and Starcraft II have taken over my gaming time almost entirely. Just LoLing a bit here and there, but wow, the former two are phenomenal.

Damn Void Rays.

Remember we pwned those noobs :lol

SC2 is literally it, for me, right now. Currently about even through 75 1v1 matches.

btw, Demon's Souls is in my top 10 games ever list. Amazing; however, definitely not for the weak of heart and mind. Strategy, skill, and luck are all involved every second. The boss battles are among the most intense of any game, ever, and even some of the "basic" battles will have you shivering for your life. Game can really be a bitch at times.

scampers
09-10-2010, 05:37 PM
Currently playing:

Oblivion (seems to be on a lot of people's lists.. impressive for its age)
Civ 4
Dragon Age: Origins
Secret of Mana (SNES)
Final Fantasy XIV (trying out the open beta.. it's meh)

Will soon be playing:

NBA 2K11
Civ 5
maybe Starcraft II

Chomag
09-10-2010, 06:21 PM
Stalker SoC. I finally got around to playing this series after the sale on steam. ITs quickly become one of my all time favorite games.

IF any of you do play it though I highly recommend using complete 2009 mod. It brings it's look up to date and fixes allot of it's bugs.

Batman AA when I'm taking a break from Stalker, I may pick fallout 3 back up again because I have beat it but have not played through any of it's DLCs yet.

Hmmm, I have oblivion but I have never played it, just havent found the time unfortunately. Seeing how many have it on their list I just might need to sneak some time into it. I heard it was pretty awesome even today with mods?

scampers
09-10-2010, 07:10 PM
Hmmm, I have oblivion but I have never played it, just havent found the time unfortunately. Seeing how many have it on their list I just might need to sneak some time into it. I heard it was pretty awesome even today with mods?

Vanilla Oblivion is a little bland, but it can still be fun if you've never played an Elder Scrolls game before. I'd say with the right mods, it is easily the best CRPG available right now. If you have it I'd definitely give it a shot.

TheSullyMonster
09-11-2010, 01:15 AM
StarCraft 2, civ v will be awesome too.

The Reckoning
09-11-2010, 08:07 PM
Rome is so much better than Empire. I dont play mods much at all, but I have been looking for an excuse to play Rome again.

gah the reqs on empire are ridiculous, and the game combat is too slow moving for me. i gave up after trying the demo.

imo, Total Realism is 10x better than vanilla rome. it makes most of the units, cities, mechanics, etc historically accurate and really opens up alot of factions (old and new). for example: the campaign map extends all the way to india, rome is one single faction, greece and the hellenistic states have alot of units and really kickass, and the barbarian factions all have unique units and tactics.

http://www.rometotalrealism.org/index-2.html

i played the hell out of medieval 2, but my computer was stolen out of my car, so i have to use this crappy one until i can buy a new one. it can only run rome :lol.

shogun 2 looks really good, so hopefully the team can rebound after empire. although i really dont care so much for Sun Tzu warefare.

ynh
09-17-2010, 01:42 AM
In the past 3 days I've put about 22 hours into Reach. About 12 hours into campain and 10 into online.

This is the first time I have ever got into a Halo game online. I must say I like it very much. I'll admit I do some noob things like I captured the flag and had no idea where to take it (still don't.. spent 3 mins running around in the back of the level looking for it.. amazing no one got me or my teamates would answer and tell me what to do).

I think I like it so much because it seems to not be cluttered with all the bullshit that is in CoD games no-a-days. Though perhaps I just haven't played it long enough.

Next game up is dead rising 2... can't wait.

ynh
09-17-2010, 01:45 AM
BTW Ive made it up to a Warrent Officer rank (or something like that.. not sure if that is good but I haven't seen too many people with that rank yet.)

Oh and I'm going to save all my points to get the spartan to look like you have flys all over you.

Muser
09-17-2010, 07:48 AM
Sonic the Hedgehog 4when it comes out.