PDA

View Full Version : What is your all American Getaway?

Jimcs50
08-10-2004, 07:11 PM
web.tickle.com/tests/getaway/ (http://web.tickle.com/tests/getaway/)

Jim, your great American getaway is Las Vegas

New York, Paris, the Taj Mahal — sure, they're great destinations. But why visit them individually when Las Vegas packs them all onto one street? You crave excitement and fun in everything you do — what place could be more stimulating than Vegas, baby?

Are you a gambling nut who'll stay up all night at the tables, a pool-side lounger who orders frozen drinks all day, or an entertainment junkie who just can't squeeze in enough shows or clubbing? Whatever your passion, Vegas' endless array of sideshows and activities will be sure to keep you busy. So grab your tokens and your good luck. We bet you'll have the time of your life!

But with so much fun to be had, do you really want to drive? Kick back for a change and let Greyhound get you there with enough left over to go to town!

This test has me pegged....unbelievable. I have only been there 25 times. :)

tlongII
08-10-2004, 07:45 PM
Here are my results....

Tom, your great American getaway is Las Vegas

New York, Paris, the Taj Mahal — sure, they're great destinations. But why visit them individually when Las Vegas packs them all onto one street? You crave excitement and fun in everything you do — what place could be more stimulating than Vegas, baby?

Are you a gambling nut who'll stay up all night at the tables, a pool-side lounger who orders frozen drinks all day, or an entertainment junkie who just can't squeeze in enough shows or clubbing? Whatever your passion, Vegas' endless array of sideshows and activities will be sure to keep you busy. So grab your tokens and your good luck. We bet you'll have the time of your life!

I think this test is rigged! I don't even gamble!

SpursWoman
08-10-2004, 08:13 PM
Was there any other answer to this quiz? :lol

I looooooved Las Vegas and have been dying to go back, I just emailed a friend I have there last night... :shock ....

Christy, your great American getaway is Las Vegas

But with so much fun to be had, do you really want to drive? Kick back for a change and let Greyhound get you there with enough left over to go to town!

Shelly
08-10-2004, 08:32 PM
Well, we were thinking about going to Yellowstone...

your great American getaway is Steamboat Springs

Can you hear that? It's the call of the wild telling you it's time to make a break for it. And that's why the majestic mountains and quaint small-town feel of Steamboat Springs, Colorado is the best spot for you to get away. Whether you yearn to hit the slopes, hiking trails, golf courses, or spa resorts, you're a free spirit who wants to be in a place that revels in the natural wonders surrounding it.

Sure, great restaurants and a little nightlife are fine, but when you're on vacation, it's the sunlight hours that your intrepid soul likes to fill with action, fun, and sport. So grab your boots, your camera, and your sense of adventure — the mountains are waiting!

KoriEllis
08-10-2004, 08:38 PM
Funny enough I didn't get Vegas.

Kori, your great American getaway is New Orleans

You want the best of all worlds when you head off on vacation — excitement, energy, and a laid-back atmosphere. Lucky for you, Louisiana's Big Easy has got it covered. Rich with historic buildings, fascinating sites, a unique culture, and great food, the well-preserved Creole and Cajun influences of this dynamic city appeal to your curious nature and interest in different ways of life.

And when it's time to cut loose, both you and your city know how to get the lead out. Whether you whoop it up on the crowded streets of the French Quarter or just toss beads from the sidelines, you enjoy being a part of the action, especially when it involves people coming together and celebrating. Party on!

CosmicCowboyXXX
08-10-2004, 08:42 PM
Well, we were thinking about going to Yellowstone...

be sure and go after school starts...screw the kids...they can go when they are old enough to get jobs and pay their own way...it is awful there in the summertime...bumper to bumper stinkyass motorhomes crawling around the 100+ mile circle at 10 mph...

the stupid tree huggers screwed up the best way to see Yellowstone...we used to combine skiing at Big Sky with snowmobiling in Yellowstone...

Shelly
08-10-2004, 08:50 PM
Actually, we were thinking around March..and yes, with the kids. When you have no relatives in the state, you don't have much of a choice...

CosmicCowboyXXX
08-10-2004, 08:58 PM
I was kidding about the kids...I knew you would take them...

but if you were thinking spring break you may be wildly optomistic. The roads normally won't be open till June and unfortunately snowmobiles are banned now...it used to be a blast...all the summer roads became giant snowmobile trails in the winter and they allowed you to go in unguided...all the animals would be down in the flats...the elk herds, the moose, the buffalo...they could care less about the people...we would rent hot rod snowmobiles that could go 80...you just had to watch out for the rangers with radar guns...it wasn't unusual to log 125-150 miles in a day...

Shelly
08-10-2004, 09:02 PM
well, we want to go when there's snow. One of Bob's patients goes all the time and was telling him about. However, things are so up in there air right now, so it probably won't happen.

Radar? We'll have to bring our radar detector! :lol

CosmicCowboyXXX
08-10-2004, 09:08 PM
hmmm...not sure how your friend does it unless they go on the snow cat tours...I don't think they allow anyone in there anymore on self guided snowmobiles...I guess cross country ski's is an option but that is a shitload of work and you will end up in bed the next day wishing you hadn't done it...

you don't understand what I mean by snow...I have been through there the day after they opened the road in June and the road would be cut through drifts for hundreds of yards that were 14-15 feet deep...you aren't seeing just a "little" snow in March...

Shelly
08-10-2004, 09:12 PM
i dunno...he gave us some brochures. Mostly for tours

DuffMcCartney
08-10-2004, 09:15 PM
Ramon, your great American getaway is Las Vegas

CosmicCowboyXXX
08-10-2004, 09:16 PM
my bad...I just searched it and you can still go in on snowmobiles you just have to go in with "guides"...damn...what is happening to this damn country?...no wine and cheese and wine and wine lunches...no pictures standing in front of 6X6 elk...no getting air off of snow moguls...no races along Lake Yellowstone...

now it's "stay in line, slow down and STFU....*sigh*....

CosmicCowboyXXX
08-10-2004, 09:20 PM
seriously, you will have fun even with a guide...

that place is amazing in the winter...and by March you will be able to do it without getting frostbite...

CosmicCowboyXXX
08-10-2004, 09:22 PM
the funiest thing are the buffalo...they spend all day walking up and down the roads...you meet them on the snowmobiles and it's like passing or meeting a row of cars...

Jimcs50
08-10-2004, 11:00 PM
I am going back to Vegas on Labor Day weekend. Can't wait! :)

MannyIsGod
08-11-2004, 03:51 AM
i want to go see yosemite in the offseaon. yellowstone is a bit too cold, i'm tropical.

oh and shelly, i'll watch your kids. drop them off with uncle manny. :eyebrow

Shelly
08-11-2004, 10:13 AM
:lol

Yosemite is really pretty!

bigzak25
08-11-2004, 10:55 AM
mine was new orleans....never been.

i like the beach better.

spurster
08-11-2004, 11:02 AM
I didn't find out my getaway. It looked too much like a signup for more spam.

Jimcs50
08-11-2004, 11:13 AM
spurster, are you always such a party pooper?

bigzak25
08-11-2004, 11:35 AM
why don't you just tell us where you wanna go spurster?

:)

Munchelen
08-11-2004, 01:03 PM
HELEN , your great American getaway is New Orleans

You want the best of all worlds when you head off on vacation — excitement, energy, and a laid-back atmosphere. Lucky for you, Louisiana's Big Easy has got it covered. Rich with historic buildings, fascinating sites, a unique culture, and great food, the well-preserved Creole and Cajun influences of this dynamic city appeal to your curious nature and interest in different ways of life.

And when it's time to cut loose, both you and your city know how to get the lead out. Whether you whoop it up on the crowded streets of the French Quarter or just toss beads from the sidelines, you enjoy being a part of the action, especially when it involves people coming together and celebrating. Party on!

But who needs a car when New Orleans is such a pedestrian’s paradise? Affordable trips have never been easier, so grab your Mardi Gras beads and let Greyhound take you there. Click here to find out more!

spurster
08-11-2004, 11:23 PM
Don't blame me when you get 10 more emails a day offering, uh, personal enhancements.

:)

I and family went to Yellowstone and Grand Tetons this summer. Very nice.

I'm not sure where we'll go next year. Maybe the national parks in western California.

mstexmex
08-13-2004, 12:59 AM
Vegas is alright. Friggin gorgeous men from all over the world come here nice to look and druel. But been here ten years and I must admit I am happy here.

whooops I forgot to take the test

Jimcs50
08-13-2004, 11:32 AM
Mstexmex, you have lived there in Vegas for 10 yrs? Man, I could never live there, I would be one broke dick mother, I have a propensity to gamble too much and if I were there, I would not be able to control myself. Do you play golf? If you play, let me know and maybe you can get my buddy and me a tee time and sign us up to play with a local as a guest( it would save us a fortune). I would pay you the money, but that is the only way I will play in Vegas nowadays as it is freaking $300+ for any visitor to play anywhere there nowadays. The damn Japanese pay any amt and they have jacked up the green fees 3 fold the past 5 yrs.