PDA

View Full Version : Ranking the NBA Finals teams

spectator
08-25-2010, 09:50 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/2010/columns/story?columnist=hollinger_john&page=Finalists1-10

the 1999 team is there before the 2009 lakers; since they both have the same points, i assume the spurs were slightly better when he rounded the numbers. also, the highest ranked post-jordan team is the 1999 team.

thank you tim duncan!

Bito Corleone
08-26-2010, 12:12 AM
A forgotten great team because of the lockout, the Spurs began the year 6-8 … and then went 46-7 the rest of the way, with nary a losing streak. An awesome defensive squad led by big men David Robinson and Tim Duncan, San Antonio's 84.7 points allowed per game is far and away the least of any of these 66 squads. That 15-2 postseason mark ain't too shabby either, including sweeps of the Blazers and Lakers. So stingy was the defense that only twice in 17 playoff games did San Antonio's opponent muster 90 points.

Pretty nice

will_spurs
08-26-2010, 03:24 AM
Any clue where the 3 other Spurs teams are ranked? I wonder if he put any of the losing teams above any of the winning teams...

spectator
08-26-2010, 03:30 AM
Any clue where the 3 other Spurs teams are ranked? I wonder if he put any of the losing teams above any of the winning teams...

he said that he added 15 points to all winners, so that they would have a better ranking than their opponents. he said that 15 is high enough for that to happen all over the board.

Maddog
08-26-2010, 08:08 AM
A forgotten great team because of the lockout, the Spurs began the year 6-8 … and then went 46-7 the rest of the way, with nary a losing streak. An awesome defensive squad led by big men David Robinson and Tim Duncan, San Antonio's 84.7 points allowed per game is far and away the least of any of these 66 squads. That 15-2 postseason mark ain't too shabby either, including sweeps of the Blazers and Lakers. So stingy was the defense that only twice in 17 playoff games did San Antonio's opponent muster 90 points.
Pretty nice

it was an incredible run
Not only did the 99 team go 15-2 in the playoffs, but closed out the regular season 12-1- final 30 games 27-3!

Included in that final 13 games where 3 vs Port, 2 vs Utah and 1 each w/ LAL and Houston (in other words 7 games with the top west seeds)