PDA

View Full Version : Gary Payton speaks on Miami/Kobe/Wade

PGDynasty24
08-27-2010, 12:50 AM
MANILA, Philippines - Gary Payton, who played with Shaquille O’Neal and Dwyane Wade on the Miami team that won the 2006 NBA title, said the other day the pressure is on the Heat’s Big Three – not Fil-Am coach Erik Spoelstra – to prove they can deliver a championship to the franchise.

“The pressure is on Dwyane, LeBron (James) and Chris (Bosh) to show it was worth all the trouble of getting them together,” he said. “I’ve played with Dwyane and it’s no knock on him but if you compare him with Kobe (Bryant), there’s a big difference in their work ethic. I played with Kobe, too, and he’d be more from my era. Kobe knows how to be humble. If Kobe loses a game, you’ll see him the next day in the gym, working extra hard to make sure he’ll be better. I don’t know if it’s the same with Dwyane. They’re both great players but Dwyane is more the show type. There are high expectations for the Heat. It’s up to the Big Three to show they deserve to be up there with the best.”

http://www.philstar.com/Article.aspx?articleId=606588&publicationSubCategoryId=69

BRHornet45
08-27-2010, 12:53 AM
sons he basically just called out Wade, Lebron S. Pippen, and Bosh for the hoes they truly are.

Jloyola
08-27-2010, 12:55 AM
Dwayne Wade will start taking mental notes!

Venti Quattro
08-27-2010, 12:56 AM
oh I forgot Gary is playing later for the NBA Asia Challenge

Giuseppe
08-27-2010, 01:02 AM
Christ, if Nowitski, et al had an ounce of gumption Payton would be doing the dutch about now.

Koolaid_Man
08-27-2010, 01:34 AM
MANILA, Philippines - Gary Payton, who played with Shaquille O’Neal and Dwyane Wade on the Miami team that won the 2006 NBA title, said the other day the pressure is on the Heat’s Big Three – not Fil-Am coach Erik Spoelstra – to prove they can deliver a championship to the franchise.

“The pressure is on Dwyane, LeBron (James) and Chris (Bosh) to show it was worth all the trouble of getting them together,” he said. “I’ve played with Dwyane and it’s no knock on him but if you compare him with Kobe (Bryant), there’s a big difference in their work ethic. I played with Kobe, too, and he’d be more from my era. Kobe knows how to be humble. If Kobe loses a game, you’ll see him the next day in the gym, working extra hard to make sure he’ll be better. I don’t know if it’s the same with Dwyane. They’re both great players but Dwyane is more the show type. There are high expectations for the Heat. It’s up to the Big Three to show they deserve to be up there with the best.”

http://www.philstar.com/Article.aspx?articleId=606588&publicationSubCategoryId=69

“I’ve played with Dwyane and it’s no knock on him but if you compare him with Kobe (Bryant), there’s a big difference in their work ethic.

Koolaid's Translation:

“I’ve played with both them niggas. Don't really want to diss Wade cuz he ai'ght and shit but if you compare this Nigga with Kobe you fucking insane, there’s a big fucking difference in what they bring to the table."

"If Kobe loses a game, you’ll see him the next day in the gym, working extra hard to make sure he’ll be better. Dwyane is more the show type."

Koolaid's Translation:

That nigga Kobe is real. If he loses the nigga hitting the gym before everyone to lead by example. Dwayne is a wanna be. He's a show-off and jerk-off living in Kobe's shadow.

What's amazing about this is that Kobe said during the Detroit series that he thought Payton was scared of the Pistons and even went to Phil asking for GP's defensive assignment. Even after all that GP still gets it. :lmao

Thanks GP for shitting on Miami's fanbase...Good stuff man...I really appreciate it. No really...

TDMVPDPOY
08-27-2010, 01:47 AM
gp callin out? didnt he join the lakers to chase a ring,....

namlook
08-27-2010, 01:53 AM
GP was a monster in his prime, didn't back down from anyone and obviously isn't afraid to give his honest opinion even if it ruffles some feathers.

MiamiHeat
08-27-2010, 01:55 AM
Payton forgets who got him the ring

2004 Lakers bounced by the Pistons as Kobe sucked major cock and ballhogged his way to making the Lakers lose.

2006 Heat Dwyane Wade put on the best NBA Finals performance in NBA history and got GP his ring.

PGDynasty24
08-27-2010, 02:00 AM
That Miami 06 team was probably the weakest Title team of the Modern Era

MiamiHeat
08-27-2010, 02:02 AM
2004 Pistons were weaker than the 06 Heat. Thanks to Kobe for that one in 2004.

Retarded myth that people say the 2006 Heat sucked. They were good. Wade is a bonafide all-time Great. #3 best SG of all time, will be #2 by career's end. Shaq was still producing, and the Heat actually played good defense.

PGDynasty24
08-27-2010, 02:07 AM
Na the Heat victory was more Refs taking over/Dirk's supporting cast going into bitch mode. Wade was a beast no doubt,why is it that You have to be either a Kobe or Wade fan;I'm a Kobe fan but Wade is one of my fav players to watch. Feels like around here you have to put down one to build up the other

namlook
08-27-2010, 02:09 AM
That's what's great about GP, even though he won a ring with Wade he's not going to back down and be politically correct and he's not afraid to be honest.

Cry Havoc
08-27-2010, 02:33 AM
That Miami 06 team was probably the weakest Title team of the Modern Era

Gotta agree with this. They survived a horrible Eastern Conference and were fortunate enough to play a team that had no one to slow down Wade.

MiamiHeat
08-27-2010, 03:20 AM
Gotta agree with this. They survived a horrible Eastern Conference and were fortunate enough to play a team that had no one to slow down Wade.

That horrible Eastern conference featured the 2004 NBA Champs Detroit Pistons, and they took the Spurs to 7 games in the 2005 finals

Again, 2005 Pistons took the Spurs to 7 games, but the Heat took them out and took out the best WC team too.

The Heat were a very good team. The 2005 Finals should have been Spurs vs Heat, not Pistons. Dwyane Wade's freak rib injury prevented that.

21_Blessings
08-27-2010, 03:39 AM
“I’ve played with Dwyane and it’s no knock on him but if you compare him with Kobe (Bryant), there’s a big difference in their work ethic. I played with Kobe, too, and he’d be more from my era. Kobe knows how to be humble. If Kobe loses a game, you’ll see him the next day in the gym, working extra hard to make sure he’ll be better. I don’t know if it’s the same with Dwyane. They’re both great players but Dwyane is more the show type. There are high expectations for the Heat. It’s up to the Big Three to show they deserve to be up there with the best.”

:bking:bking:bking:bking

Giuseppe
08-27-2010, 05:45 AM
Payton forgets who got him the ring

Like I said:::it was Nowitski, et al, tails tucked firmly, ran like the dickens from that Florida battle field. Like their fandom, who ran from here, tails tucked firmly on downstairs. Unlike Nowitski,, et al, their fandom will be back shortly led by Ms. Mono. & Cubby is ready. Mono is mine. I'm gonna make her sorry his mailman ever squirted her ass out.

Now,

Let us proceed...

mystargtr34
08-27-2010, 06:30 AM
Surprising he said that.. considering Wade got him his only ring.

ffadicted
08-27-2010, 06:33 AM

Retarded myth that people say the 2006 Heat sucked. They were good. Wade is a bonafide all-time Great. #3 best SG of all time, will be #2 by career's end. Shaq was still producing, and the Heat actually played good defense.

The homerism is so bad it makes me wanna puke a little

Basketballgirl25
08-27-2010, 06:42 AM
anyone else think it would be funny if Heat and Mavs both made it to the finals again like back in 2006 and instead of Mavs losing Heat lost like Mavs did in 2006, that would be classic just seeing it

08-27-2010, 07:07 AM
i don't think ring chasers should be saying much on this matter. especially payton who owes his ring to dwyane wade.

ezau
08-27-2010, 07:46 AM
Of all people, Gary fucking Payton? He should be giving Wade a rim job for the ring that he has on his finger

Ice009
08-27-2010, 08:07 AM
Didn't Gary Payton ask Phil Jackson to have someone else guard TP in the 2004 series?

Leetonidas
08-27-2010, 08:08 AM
Pistons choked in 2006. Was that when Flip was their coach? If so, then it's easy to see what happened there. Miami was by far the worst title team of the modern era, maybe of the last 30+ years. I can't think of a single Lakers/Spurs/Pistons/Celtics/Bulls/Rockets/etc team that wouldn't shit all over them. Dallas was one free throw away from sealing that bitch up and Dirk choked, but the refs handed that trophy over to the Heat. Any basketball fan who isn't a Heat fan can agree on that.

Ashy Larry
08-27-2010, 08:46 AM
Need GP back to NBA Gamenight with Webb

LkrFan
08-27-2010, 08:51 AM
Didn't Gary Payton ask Phil Jackson to have someone else guard TP in the 2004 series?
Stop making up shit. TP had his way in SA for the 1st two games. I remember his front running ass high-fiving the crowd trying to pump himself up. However comma - the Laker bigs starting putting him on his ass if he came through the lane. After that, it was all she wrote for Sp*rs. :ihit

ambchang
08-27-2010, 09:10 AM
The Lakers packed the lane and dared the Spurs to shoot outside in 04. Parker is known to keep driving into the lane after hard fouls.

Stop making stuff up when you ask others to stop making their stuff up.

Ace
08-27-2010, 09:12 AM
He said what he needed to so he wouldn't come off as biased on the guy who failed to bring him a ring versus the one who got him his ring. Going with the media and their vision of Kobe.

21_Blessings
08-27-2010, 09:26 AM
More like Payton just said the truth. Going with the player's vision of Kobe.

resistanze
08-27-2010, 09:34 AM
2006 Heat Dwyane Wade put on the best NBA Finals performance in NBA history
:lmao

2004 Pistons were weaker than the 06 Heat.

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

Ice009
08-27-2010, 09:35 AM
Stop making up shit. TP had his way in SA for the 1st two games. I remember his front running ass high-fiving the crowd trying to pump himself up. However comma - the Laker bigs starting putting him on his ass if he came through the lane. After that, it was all she wrote for Sp*rs. :ihit

Are you some kind of retard? I am pretty sure Gary Payton asked for someone else to guard TP or ask for help guarding TP because he couldn't do it. That is all I asked. I thought I read that somewhere and guys like Kobe were disgusted with him. I didn't ask anything about how the series went because we all know how that went. We all know the Lakers packed the paint for the rest of the series as they couldn't guard him and he missed his jumpers. I just find it surprising that Gary Payton is dissing D-Wade after his debacle in LA.

Cane
08-27-2010, 09:40 AM
"Kobe knows how to be humble. "
:lol:lol:lol

resistanze
08-27-2010, 09:49 AM
Shaq on Heat's 2006 NBA title: 'Still don't know how we won'

More than two years after forcing his way out of South Florida, Shaquille O'Neal says he still can't quite comprehend that the 2005-06 Miami Heat was a championship team.

The subject of a cover story in this week's Sports Illustrated, the Cleveland Cavaliers center said that the 2005-06 title season spent with the Miami Heat was a whirlwind.

"I never got any rest in Miami," he is quoted in the piece that focuses on his revival this season alongside LeBron James.

"I still don't know how we won that championship," he said in the piece that has been posted at SI.com.

That quote concluded with an expletive about how the constant that season was partying "every night in Miami."

http://articles.sun-sentinel.com/2010-05-11/sports/sfl-miami-heat-shaquille-oneal-s051110_1_heat-tenure-conditioning-issues-miami-heat
I guess this all just proves that Wade had the best performance in NBA Finals history.

tlongII
08-27-2010, 10:00 AM
I have to give Kobe props for his work ethic. I don't think many players these days have it. That's the one thing that Kobe picked up from MJ that serves him well.

lefty
08-27-2010, 10:24 AM
Why do insecure Laker trolls keep posting old farts positive comments about the Lakers?

We get it, the Lakers are good :blah

picc84
08-27-2010, 10:28 AM
Are you some kind of retard? I am pretty sure Gary Payton asked for someone else to guard TP or ask for help guarding TP because he couldn't do it. That is all I asked. I thought I read that somewhere and guys like Kobe were disgusted with him. I didn't ask anything about how the series went because we all know how that went.

That was the finals with Billups.

GP actually played pretty well helping put a nail in the spurs coffin that year.

CavsSuperFan
08-27-2010, 10:34 AM
Any team with LeBron is a playoff contender…Wade is not a superstar in the category of Shaq, Kobe, Bird, Jordan, Magic…Wade is just a sidekick…

CavsSuperFan
08-27-2010, 10:37 AM

No not true…Payton wanted the ball to drive the lanes & put more defensive pressure on Parker…

Ice009
08-27-2010, 10:40 AM
That was the finals with Billups.

OK, that is all I wanted to know. So he did say that in that playoff run, but I got the player wrong.

Either way Gary Payton couldn't guard TP or Billups. GP had trouble with a rookie TP.

I am still real surprised that he is dissing the one that got him a ring and sticking up for the guy that tossed him to the curb.

Ace
08-27-2010, 10:41 AM
Why do insecure Laker trolls keep posting old farts positive comments about the Lakers?

We get it, the Lakers are good :blah
Its the only way for them to sleep at night. To reassure each other that the 3 peat is still possible. Just look how Luva is reaching right now and listing TMAC as all time great over Wade. Truly pathetic :lol

Ice009
08-27-2010, 10:43 AM
Its the only way for them to sleep at night. To reassure each other that the 3 peat is still possible. Just look how Luva is reaching right now and listing TMAC as all time great over Wade. Truly pathetic :lol

Putting Tmac in there was a nice subtle move ;).

SenorSpur
08-27-2010, 10:51 AM
If Payton isn't careful, he's going to end up on Wade's "mental notes" list.

TheMACHINE
08-27-2010, 11:11 AM
Gp just stating how it is. Most of you guys agree with him anyways...even if you really dont want to admit it.

Jt.ONE
08-27-2010, 11:17 AM

..:bang
.....:lol
........:lmao
..............:wakeup

surely you can't be serious?

Flo-Rida
08-27-2010, 11:43 AM
I can honestly give two fucks about how good the 06 team was we won the championship that year thats all i care about . At the end of the day the heat won it that year . Btw i hope you laker fans are having fun jizzing over that statement GP made becuase thats all you you seem to do every thread i see made by laker fans have to do with lebron james or dwyane wade or just the heat in general .

Medvedenko
08-27-2010, 11:50 AM
GP is saying nothing we don't already know.

Wade's an awesome player and will surpass Kobe in the next few years.

MiamiHeat
08-27-2010, 11:59 AM
Pistons choked in 2006. Was that when Flip was their coach? If so, then it's easy to see what happened there. Miami was by far the worst title team of the modern era, maybe of the last 30+ years. I can't think of a single Lakers/Spurs/Pistons/Celtics/Bulls/Rockets/etc team that wouldn't shit all over them. Dallas was one free throw away from sealing that bitch up and Dirk choked, but the refs handed that trophy over to the Heat. Any basketball fan who isn't a Heat fan can agree on that.

wrong.

Heat had the 2005 Pistons defeated too.

Heat were up 3-2 and then D-Wade had a freak rib injury. Pistons then beat the Heat by 30 pts with Wade sitting game 6, then barely defeated the Heat in the 4th quarter with Wade playing limited, injured minutes and sitting out crunch time.

2005 Finals should have been Spurs vs Heat.

you guys have absolutely no idea about this. severely underrating the 2005 and 2006 Heat teams.

21_Blessings
08-27-2010, 12:02 PM
Wade's an awesome player and will surpass Kobe in the next few years.

In a few years after Kobe is retired..

I can't imagine Wade's game aging well into his 30s.

picc84
08-27-2010, 12:11 PM
2006 Heat are a little underrated. Besides Wade, Zo Mourning had one of the most defensively dominant performances of the decade in those finals. Antoine Walker raised his game and was playing like an allstar. Haslem and Posey were phenomenal role players. GP even stepped in with a couple clutch shots.

galvatron3000
08-27-2010, 12:20 PM
Dawg you won a championship with Wade, when you played with Kobe they said he quit. So, are you confirming he didnt quit he just got D up by Prince and the Piston whereas Manu crushed them the following year?

Ace
08-27-2010, 12:28 PM
Dawg you won a championship with Wade, when you played with Kobe they said he quit. So, are you confirming he didnt quit he just got D up by Prince and the Piston whereas Manu crushed them the following year?

Whatever is convenient for Lakers fans is the right opinion. I see a rude awakening in the future for Lakers fans.:king

Giuseppe
08-27-2010, 12:41 PM
I see a rude awakening in the future for Lakers fans.

You don't ring next June and this will all seem like Sunday school, daddy-O.

TheMACHINE
08-27-2010, 01:45 PM
Whatever is convenient for Lakers fans is the right opinion. I see a rude awakening in the future for Lakers fans.:king

your ass better stick around after your 2nd round elimination.

Supergirl
08-27-2010, 01:53 PM
2006 Heat Dwyane Wade put on the best NBA Finals performance in NBA history

LOL. That's ridiculous.

Flo-Rida
08-27-2010, 02:06 PM
your ass better stick around after your 2nd round elimination.

Where is the crystal ball at ?

21_Blessings
08-27-2010, 02:24 PM
HarlemHo is scrambling just to find something to say...lol

He's scouring realGM this minute for a rebuttal.

himat
08-27-2010, 02:52 PM
MiamiHeat is a dumbass. 04/05 Pistons were nothing like the 06 Pistons. the 2004 team and the 2005 team were coached by LB. That was the team that almost won back to back.

Miami Heat 2006 were awarded a championship trophy at the free throw line. And if Gary says that Kobe's work ethic is>Wade's even though Kobe sucked in the 04 Finals and Wade won Gary a ring in the 06 Finals, thats saying something.

Chillen
08-27-2010, 04:09 PM
Gary Payton actually for a change is making sense. Kobe has the work ethic, what it takes to win championships, if you lose a game it only makes you stronger. Payton is questioning wether the Miami trio has the killer instinct it takes to win a championship, do they think they can win it all on talent alone?

I have to agree with Payton's comments, Miami is gonna have to go out there and be hungry, the Miami trio are gonna have to wrestle in the mud and get dirty, that means play hard, sacrifice their body do whatever it takes.

3 superstars alone can't win an NBA title, they have to have killer instinct come playoffs.

Duncan, Parker, Ginobili have it.
Garnett, Rondo, Pierce, Allen have it.
Kobe, Gasol, Bynum, Artest, Fisher have it.
Do the Miami Heat have it???

mindcrime
08-27-2010, 06:45 PM
Gary Payton actually for a change is making sense. Kobe has the work ethic, what it takes to win championships, if you lose a game it only makes you stronger. Payton is questioning wether the Miami trio has the killer instinct it takes to win a championship, do they think they can win it all on talent alone?

I have to agree with Payton's comments, Miami is gonna have to go out there and be hungry, the Miami trio are gonna have to wrestle in the mud and get dirty, that means play hard, sacrifice their body do whatever it takes.

3 superstars alone can't win an NBA title, they have to have killer instinct come playoffs.

Duncan, Parker, Ginobili have it.
Garnett, Rondo, Pierce, Allen have it.
Kobe, Gasol, Bynum, Artest, Fisher have it.
Do the Miami Heat have it???

These are the guys that will come out of the east again.

MiamiHeat
08-27-2010, 07:19 PM
you retards are actually asking whether Dwyane Wade has the killer instinct to win a ring?

:lol :lol :lol

MiamiHeat
08-27-2010, 07:23 PM
MiamiHeat is a dumbass. 04/05 Pistons were nothing like the 06 Pistons. the 2004 team and the 2005 team were coached by LB. That was the team that almost won back to back.

Miami Heat 2006 were awarded a championship trophy at the free throw line. And if Gary says that Kobe's work ethic is>Wade's even though Kobe sucked in the 04 Finals and Wade won Gary a ring in the 06 Finals, thats saying something.

Wade-Shaq Heat were BETTER than the Pistons, no arguing that

As soon as Shaq was traded to Miami, the Heat went to the ECF and were up 3-2 with 2 home games coming up.

You get that? Game 6 was a freebie win for the Pistons cause Wade sat out, and then the Pistons BARELY won at the end of the 4th with Wade sitting on the bench.

The Heat were going to eliminate your Pistons in 2005 IF NOT FOR WADE'S FREAK RIB INJURY. Larry Brown or Flip Saunders, IT DOESNT MATTER.

The Heat were the BEST TEAM in the East in 2005 and 2006, imo.

The 2004 Pistons are easily the weakest team of the 00's. They got out of a horrible Eastern Conference that year, I mean the 2 best teams were the fucking Jermaine O'Neal Pacers and the Pistons? They are lucky as fuck they went up against a ballhogging Kobe and then Karl Malone got injured.

you guys are fucking dumb.

Giuseppe
08-27-2010, 08:51 PM
Wade-Shaq Heat were BETTER than the Pistons, no arguing that

As soon as Shaq was traded to Miami, the Heat went to the ECF and were up 3-2 with 2 home games coming up.

You get that? Game 6 was a freebie win for the Pistons cause Wade sat out, and then the Pistons BARELY won at the end of the 4th with Wade sitting on the bench.

The Heat were going to eliminate your Pistons in 2005 IF NOT FOR WADE'S FREAK RIB INJURY. Larry Brown or Flip Saunders, IT DOESNT MATTER.

The Heat were the BEST TEAM in the East in 2005 and 2006, imo.

The 2004 Pistons are easily the weakest team of the 00's. They got out of a horrible Eastern Conference that year, I mean the 2 best teams were the fucking Jermaine O'Neal Pacers and the Pistons? They are lucky as fuck they went up against a ballhogging Kobe and then Karl Malone got injured.

you guys are fucking dumb.

You should just be counting your blessings & kissing Dirk's, et al's adorable feminine asses, and ya know it.

LkrFan
08-27-2010, 10:30 PM
you retards are actually asking whether Dwyane Wade has the killer instinct to win a ring?

:lol :lol :lol
He has killer FT instincts - hence the name DWhistle.

Wade is an NBA manufactured "superstar" created by Stern and his minions. He has a streaky jumper at best and he utilizes illegal moving screens to get open or to the rim to get his points. If he doesn't score, they put him on the line so he can get his points and keep up the impression of him being a really good player. When he came out of Marquette no one saw him as the next big thing - at least I didn't. Not a problem for Stern and his refs as the 2006 Dallas Mavericks can attest to.

HarlemHeat37
08-27-2010, 10:51 PM
:lol This is the man with the credible opinion?..I like Payton and his trash talking, I even found him funny with his NBA TV gig, but he's one of the stupidest men on the planet, TBH..

pMBRODWINuw

WjkP_YSWNjM

- Wade's 2006 Finals is certainly in the elite for greatest Finals performances of all-time, I don't know why people are scoffing MH for that comment..for this past generation, only Duncan in 2003, and maybe Shaq for one of the years, can match Wade's Finals output from a historic standpoint(Duncan particularly for his ridiculous NBA Finals record of 5 blocks per game)..all 3 made Hollinger's top 10 all-time Finals PER list, Wade was #1 IIRC, Duncan was 3 IIRC..

- Who gives a fuck which championship teams are better than the other?..at the end of the day, the only thing that matters is the ring, as we saw with the weak 2010 Lakers title team..hypothetical matchups are irrelevant..

- Wade has already proven he has killer instinct by having a dominant Finals leading to a ring, and Lebron carried a shitty team to an NBA Finals with a bunch of role player, while having one of the GOAT performances in the ECF to lead them there..they're obviously proven..the poster that wrote that post also wrote that Andrew Bynum has this "killer instinct" :lol..even Ron Artest is laughable in comparison..

- :lol Laker fan bringing up FTs..

Lebron's 3 highest FTA per game..

-10.3 in 2006, with 36% of his shot attempts inside the paint..
-10.3 in 2008, with 38% of his shot attempts inside the paint..
-10.2 in 2010, with 36% of his shot attempts inside the paint..

Wade..

-10.7 in 2006, with 40% of his shot attempts inside the paint..
-10.5 in 2007, with 38% of his shot attempts inside the paint..
-9.9 in 2005, with 47% of his shot attempts inside the paint..

Kobe..

-10.1 in 2005, with 29% of his shot attempts inside the paint..
-10.2 in 2006, with 21% of his shot attempts inside the paint..
-10 in 2007, with 23% of his shot attempts inside the paint..

After looking at these numbers, I'm absolutely shocked..how does a jump shooter get so many FT attempts?..he gets the same amount as Wade and Lebron, yet he has over 10% less shot attempts inside the paint..how do his fans continue to say that he doesn't get calls?..what an outrageous statement..

TE
08-28-2010, 12:31 AM
Both Wade and Lebron are poor free throw shooters, so towards the end of games they are running from the ball while Kobe is the go to clutch guy at the end of games.

You are missing the point, what Harlem is pointing out is that Kobe gets more calls, even though he doesn't attack the rim at the rate with which Lebron and Wade do.

Wow, you are the prototypical laker fan.

himat
08-28-2010, 12:52 AM
Kobe gets way less phantom calls than LeBron and especially Wade. :lol

himat
08-28-2010, 12:58 AM
How do you post a video?

Cane
08-28-2010, 03:52 AM

Wade..

Kobe..

After looking at these numbers, I'm absolutely shocked..how does a jump shooter get so many FT attempts?..he gets the same amount as Wade and Lebron, yet he has over 10% less shot attempts inside the paint..how do his fans continue to say that he doesn't get calls?..what an outrageous statement..

Interesting stats, any chance you'd be willing to post Durant's recent season...would be awesome as well considering Phil Jackson's gamesmanship about how his superstar treatment.

To Kobe's credit he is one of the best at selling fouls and drawing some contact on his jumpshots but still :wow

Kobe™
08-28-2010, 07:54 AM
How do you post a video?

for YouTube,
Get the Youtube Coding and the URL then
letters after v= [/youtube ]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFfxkkwTNoc
In this case "VFfxkkwTNoc"
then it becomes:
[youtube]VFfxkkwTNoc

Hope that helped.

Ace
08-28-2010, 09:31 AM
:lol This is the man with the credible opinion?..I like Payton and his trash talking, I even found him funny with his NBA TV gig, but he's one of the stupidest men on the planet, TBH..

pMBRODWINuw

WjkP_YSWNjM

- Wade's 2006 Finals is certainly in the elite for greatest Finals performances of all-time, I don't know why people are scoffing MH for that comment..for this past generation, only Duncan in 2003, and maybe Shaq for one of the years, can match Wade's Finals output from a historic standpoint(Duncan particularly for his ridiculous NBA Finals record of 5 blocks per game)..all 3 made Hollinger's top 10 all-time Finals PER list, Wade was #1 IIRC, Duncan was 3 IIRC..

- Who gives a fuck which championship teams are better than the other?..at the end of the day, the only thing that matters is the ring, as we saw with the weak 2010 Lakers title team..hypothetical matchups are irrelevant..

- Wade has already proven he has killer instinct by having a dominant Finals leading to a ring, and Lebron carried a shitty team to an NBA Finals with a bunch of role player, while having one of the GOAT performances in the ECF to lead them there..they're obviously proven..the poster that wrote that post also wrote that Andrew Bynum has this "killer instinct" :lol..even Ron Artest is laughable in comparison..

- :lol Laker fan bringing up FTs..

Wade..

Kobe..

Harlem they don't wanna argue numbers. Why would they? Numbers don't lie. :lol

Basketballgirl25
08-28-2010, 10:38 AM
here's something everyone should know, the last time the NBA was actually good was 2004 season, after that it started going downhill and it just keeps going, won't happen till someone starts talking back control of the league the players have ruined it, now back in the day, I hated player, but looking back so many good players back then and now they all should just go make movies instead the NBA is a Joke.

picc84
08-28-2010, 10:58 AM
Defenders play Kobe much, much closer on the perimeter because his jumpshot is so much better and because he's not as good a driver as the other two. He gets fouled on jumpers more than 99% of people i've seen play, many of which aren't called. There's your explanation for how he gets ft's.

HarlemHeat37
08-28-2010, 11:11 AM
Could you provide some facts and evidence to support your claim?..I certainly did my part..

himat
08-28-2010, 12:47 PM
for YouTube,
Get the Youtube Coding and the URL then
letters after v= [/youtube ]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFfxkkwTNoc
In this case "VFfxkkwTNoc"
then it becomes:
[youtube]VFfxkkwTNoc

Hope that helped.

Thank you :toast

Flo-Rida
08-28-2010, 04:01 PM
He has killer FT instincts - hence the name DWhistle.

Wade is an NBA manufactured "superstar" created by Stern and his minions. He has a streaky jumper at best and he utilizes illegal moving screens to get open or to the rim to get his points. If he doesn't score, they put him on the line so he can get his points and keep up the impression of him being a really good player. When he came out of Marquette no one saw him as the next big thing - at least I didn't. Not a problem for Stern and his refs as the 2006 Dallas Mavericks can attest to.

NBA finals 2006 game three 13 points down
Mostly jump shots or layups in that fourth quarter look it up.

BTW in my opinion kobe is goat HOWEVER im pretty suree Wade wouldnt have gave up a 20 + point lead in the finals just sayn .

TDMVPDPOY
08-28-2010, 04:12 PM
HARLEM ur wrong on the FTA argument, it depends on where and when in the game they are awarded those phantom calls...which could end up deciding a game and change of momentum for a team....