PDA

View Full Version : France - Spain game blog

Kobayagi
08-28-2010, 01:11 PM
Batum looking good.

Chieflion
08-28-2010, 01:12 PM
Boris Diaw looks way out of shape. Way out of shape.

Kobayagi
08-28-2010, 01:18 PM
Mahinmi the beast!!!!!

Texas_Ranger
08-28-2010, 01:19 PM
Mahinmi the best European Center!!!!!!!

Chieflion
08-28-2010, 01:19 PM
Mahinmi with the ferocious dunk! LMAO!

Kobayagi
08-28-2010, 01:20 PM
Mahinmi the GOAT!!!

Josepatches_
08-28-2010, 01:22 PM
We are a lot better than France

Kobayagi
08-28-2010, 01:28 PM
De Colo is trash.

Texas_Ranger
08-28-2010, 01:29 PM
Ian with a monster block!! That's not faul!!

Chieflion
08-28-2010, 01:29 PM
That ref needs to go to hell with that bullshit call!

Chieflion
08-28-2010, 01:30 PM
Ball don't lie, you motherfucker.

Kobayagi
Diaw is terrible and he looks fat.

Chieflion
Ian again with another flyswatter block.

objective
08-28-2010, 01:31 PM
Theses outrageous displays of defending the rim was unforgivable. French coach needs to Pop him and stick him on the bench.

Bruno
08-28-2010, 01:50 PM
28-27 at the half for Spain.
It's an ugly game and Spain should easily win when their offense will work.

Mahinmi was really good. De Colo was really bad. :stirpot:

Mel_13
08-28-2010, 01:51 PM
Great effort by the FNT.

objective
08-28-2010, 01:52 PM
If France is just going to pound the ball outside and only jack up bad shots with the clock expiring, they might as well give Mahinmi some post touches.

Kobayagi
08-28-2010, 01:52 PM
Where does this Mahinmi guy play? He should go to NBA.

Mel_13
08-28-2010, 01:53 PM
Theses outrageous displays of defending the rim was unforgivable. French coach needs to Pop him and stick him on the bench.

All joking aside, it seems to me that Ian would have been better off finding the best possible placement in Europe next season. Barring injury, it's hard to see him getting much PT in Dallas behind Haywood and Chandler.

objective
08-28-2010, 01:55 PM
All joking aside, it seems to me that Ian would have been better off finding the best possible placement in Europe next season. Barring injury, it's hard to see him getting much PT in Dallas behind Haywood and Chandler.

true, he won't get time in Dallas with Haywood and Chandler and the time that the Mavs will go smallball and that's not even factoring in Carlisle's coaching choices (like benching Beaubois when the Spurs couldn't stop him).

will_spurs
08-28-2010, 02:05 PM
I'd be very, very surprised if both Haywood and Chandler manage to finish the season without any injuries. Mahinmi has more chance to see PT in Dallas than in SA for sure. Glad to see he's playing well today with the NT.

France's offense is really bad... Collet has to explain basic pick&roll strategies during timeouts. Batum not getting any touches from downtown despite shooting 40% from there last season. Etc.

Texas_Ranger
08-28-2010, 02:10 PM
The fans don't like Rubio. :blah:blah

objective
08-28-2010, 02:12 PM
Mahinmi with some damn good defense on Gasol. 2 steals and a miss against so far in the 3rd.

Offensively his hands are about as bad as the French guards.

Chieflion
08-28-2010, 02:13 PM
Ian has frustrated Marc Gasol.

You mad, Gasol?

will_spurs
08-28-2010, 02:14 PM
The fans don't like Rubio. :blah:blah

It's because he's a flopper. He should man up a bit.

When I look at the French NT play, Parker would destroy Spain with his penetration. Guys are going into the paint at will, they just can't finish. Shows how amazing it is for a 6-2 guard to be able to finish so consistently in the paint.

Texas_Ranger
08-28-2010, 02:17 PM
Rubio sucks. He can't shoot, can't defent and is overrated. The only thing he knows is to pass the ball and even that is nothing speciall. parker would really destroy him, just as Dragič did it last year.

objective
08-28-2010, 02:18 PM
Will De Colo even get back in this game?

Texas_Ranger
08-28-2010, 02:20 PM
Will De Colo even get back in this game?

Why would he. He showed he can't play.

Chieflion
08-28-2010, 02:26 PM
Bokolo showed us he is better than De Colo at penetrating and dishing. De Colo won't be needed much against Spain.

will_spurs
08-28-2010, 02:26 PM
Finally they set up some 3-pt plays.

will_spurs
08-28-2010, 02:28 PM
Any idea where I can find a live box score?

will_spurs
08-28-2010, 02:30 PM
And Koffi is on fire. I guess that wasn't planned.

will_spurs
08-28-2010, 02:34 PM
Manu like block by Batum!!!

Kobayagi
08-28-2010, 02:45 PM
Spain = floppers

Texas_Ranger
08-28-2010, 02:45 PM
Yea!!!

will_spurs
08-28-2010, 02:51 PM
Spain = floppers

The guy rolloing on the floor because of a slap on his wrist was beyong stupid.

will_spurs
08-28-2010, 02:53 PM
Batum is so clutch. Man I wish this guy was playing for the Spurs.

Kobayagi
08-28-2010, 02:53 PM

wassup, man?

Kobayagi
08-28-2010, 02:56 PM
Mahinmi is a beast.

Texas_Ranger
08-28-2010, 03:01 PM
Great job. Fuck those Spain bitches!

Chieflion
08-28-2010, 03:02 PM
France wins! Screw these floppers from Spain.

objective
08-28-2010, 03:04 PM
LLull flopping down to the floor after the free throw wasn't even one of the 3 worst flops from Spain. Disgusting.

will_spurs
Great win by France, no better way to start the tournament than this. I've lost a lot of respect for Spain based on this game: did Spain recruit Paul as a consultant? cos it sure looks like it with all the bitching and flopping.

Obstructed_View
Great job by France, who had a hard time generating any offense for much of the game. They really stiffened up their defense and did a good job of moving the ball.

Mel_13
Thank you FNT. Spain has a bunch of whiners and floppers and I love to see them lose.

Batum is a stud. Good contribution from Ian and Bokolo was impressive. Wish I could say something good about Nando.

Bruno
08-28-2010, 03:09 PM
What a fucking game.
I don't know how far FNT will go in this WC, but they have for sure a lot of heart.

Every time I watch Batum plays with FNT, I have a little tear at thinking at him with a Spurs jersey. Anyway, we have RJ who cost ten times more.

Albicy is cold blooded for a 20 years old player.

will_spurs
08-28-2010, 03:14 PM
Every time I watch Batum plays with FNT, I have a little tear at thinking at him with a Spurs jersey. Anyway, we have RJ who cost ten times more.

Don't we all... Rockets screwing us yet again. He's the SF we need.

Albicy is cold blooded for a 20 years old player.

I loved how he asked the coach "but what did I do?" when a rather controversial foul was called against him at the end--not with the look guys would have while complaining to the refs, more like a hurt child who doesn't understand why he's getting punished.

eric365
08-28-2010, 03:18 PM
Albicy is going to be a stud.

A Parker - Batum - Mike Pietrus - Diaw - Noah lineup will make will be very dangerous in London.

Batum, Noah, Beaubois and Albicy will be a lot better than right now...

DAF86
08-28-2010, 03:42 PM

lol

Brazil
08-28-2010, 03:42 PM
Great win ! Albicy looked very good especially Defensivey and good coach job to start with Ian and Albicy the second half.... now look France loose against Lebanon.

ata
08-28-2010, 03:43 PM
Rubio sucks. He can't shoot, can't defent and is overrated. The only thing he knows is to pass the ball and even that is nothing speciall. parker would really destroy him, just as Dragič did it last year.

Rubio never was great BB player. He was called "talent" because at age 17 he was developed as man at 22. Hence, he was star in his generation. Now is he just another BB-player.

Forcing early physically developed youngsters in common mistake in slovenian Bball.

will_spurs
08-28-2010, 03:50 PM
now look France loose against Lebanon.

Unfortunately... that could well happen.

On the other hand the Spanish coach was right to be careful before the game: http://turkey2010.fiba.com/pages/eng/fe/10/fwcm/news/p/eid/4728/nid/43520/sid/4728/article.html

Brazil
08-28-2010, 03:57 PM
Unfortunately... that could well happen.

On the other hand the Spanish coach was right to be careful before the game: http://turkey2010.fiba.com/pages/eng/fe/10/fwcm/news/p/eid/4728/nid/43520/sid/4728/article.html

You can count on it, we are talking about France in sport, this is the way it works.

Kobayagi
08-28-2010, 04:02 PM
Hey guys, I'm moving to France next month, I should be cheering for France in all sports. :D

velik_m
08-28-2010, 04:03 PM
Good job France :tu

will_spurs
08-28-2010, 04:05 PM
Hey guys, I'm moving to France next month, I should be cheering for France in all sports. :D

We're doing well in rugby and handball. The rest... not so much (for team soprts, that is, we had some success in track & field and swimming this year - guess they found the key to the new pharmacy).

Whereabout are you moving to?

Brazil
08-28-2010, 04:05 PM

where do you go ? Paris ? France is easy to root for, generally talented, capable of monster performances but very frustrating too because normally after a monster performane we loose against scrubs.

Texas_Ranger
08-28-2010, 04:09 PM
We're doing well in rugby and handball. The rest... not so much (for team soprts, that is, we had some success in track & field and swimming this year - guess they found the key to the new pharmacy).

So soccer is really dead in France huh??:depressed

DAF86
08-28-2010, 04:10 PM

You're in the semis of Davis cup, I know 'cause we are playing you :D, too bad Del Potro is injured.

Kobayagi
08-28-2010, 04:13 PM
I was rooting for french football team back when Zidane was playing. :king

Nah, not Paris, I'm moving to Chamonix. Love that small town.

will_spurs
08-28-2010, 04:13 PM
So soccer is really dead in France huh??:depressed

No, but it's in a tough phase at the moment, not only are they playing badly, but the punks on this team don't really have the favors of the French public either. They are in the purgatory, so to speak. It's quite as bad as the first half of the 90s, but it's still pretty bad. I'm sure it will get better with time.

will_spurs
08-28-2010, 04:14 PM

Lucky guy... just in time for the skiing season. Maybe we will meet there over the winter :)

Kobayagi
08-28-2010, 04:24 PM
Yeah, skiing is the main reason I'm moving there. Best mountains in Europe.

Brazil
08-28-2010, 04:38 PM

:king I have a house in Argentières, I love this place !

Kobayagi
08-28-2010, 04:41 PM
:king I have a house in Argentières, I love this place !

Wow, really? :D I was looking at some apartments there as well, but then chose one that was downtown Chamonix. It's gonna be more convenient because I'll be going to school there. I want to learn french.

kobyz
08-28-2010, 05:07 PM
I was rooting for french football team back when Zidane was playing. :king

yea Zidane was also my favorite player of all time, he was so magic!

Mark in Austin
08-28-2010, 05:20 PM
Every time I watch Batum plays with FNT, I have a little tear at thinking at him with a Spurs jersey.

I'll always wonder if SA was in fact targeting him. And if the Spurs were, if that info was leaked to Pritchard by somebody spying for him within or associated with the Spurs organization.

will_spurs
08-29-2010, 03:34 AM
A few videos:

France-Spain highlights

DTfOtRgJuMU

Highlights of Nicolas Batum (monstrous block at 02:05)

1Z2W9Of8y-Q

And the kid can dunk...

Zx_kAgsOLuA

Bruno
08-29-2010, 05:10 AM
I'll always wonder if SA was in fact targeting him. And if the Spurs were, if that info was leaked to Pritchard by somebody spying for him within or associated with the Spurs organization.

Spurs were targeting him. They even made a promise to pick him and his agent hided medical results that cleared potential heart issues to lower his stock.

I don't think someone within Spurs' organization was spying for Pritchard. Spurs trick was just very hard to hide. Some media like Draftexpress even called it before the draft.

mathbzh
08-29-2010, 05:59 AM

Sorry to say that but we are not that good in rugby.

will_spurs
08-29-2010, 06:57 AM
Sorry to say that but we are not that good in rugby.

In 2010 only...

6 Nations: Grand Slam
Euro Cup: Toulouse (winner), Biarritz (finalist)

That's all there was to win this year.

Obstructed_View
08-29-2010, 07:15 AM
Spurs were targeting him. They even made a promise to pick him and his agent hided medical results that cleared potential heart issues to lower his stock.

I don't think someone within Spurs' organization was spying for Pritchard. Spurs trick was just very hard to hide. Some media like Draftexpress even called it before the draft.

If there was no leak, then it's pretty unfortunate for Dennis Lindsey that Houston ended up involved.

mountainballer
08-29-2010, 07:29 AM
nice win for France.

btw. Gelabale !!!?????
could it be that he is back on track to the NBA? he has been one of my favorite targets for the Spurs for years, but then I gave up to believe he will make it back after his injury. what about his contract status? (read he signed with ASVEL, but not for how long and if he has an NBA escape clause)

mathbzh
08-29-2010, 09:38 AM
In 2010 only...

6 Nations: Grand Slam
Euro Cup: Toulouse (winner), Biarritz (finalist)

That's all there was to win this year.

Great... except best teams are in the Southern Hemisphere and that there is at most 12 country in the world (really) playing rugby... You really believe the French team has a shot at winning the next WC?
So, you can't really say french rugby is better than french soccer (quite the opposite indeed WC1998, Euro 2000, Final in WC2006).

Off court, the French rugby can be as pathetic as the french soccer (see "Bastareaud gate" or Laporte... the Domenech of rugby.

will_spurs
08-29-2010, 09:44 AM
So, you can't really say french rugby is better than french soccer (quite the opposite indeed WC1998, Euro 2000, Final in WC2006).

I'd say that's your point of view. We have one of the top clubs, if not the top club in Europe (Toulouse), several Grand Slams (almost as many as England and actually more than them in the modern era), we were twice finalists in the WC... France is definitely one of the top rugby nations in the world.

In football apart from the Platini and Zidane eras we have always sucked. Of course the 96-06 era was really good (if you forget about 02 at least) btu having the best player on the planet helps. He even made Domenech look like a half-decent coach. Now we are back to suckiness. The biggest "star" we have right now is Ribéry, which tells you all you need to know about the current French soccer team.

ChuckD
08-29-2010, 11:03 AM
If there was no leak, then it's pretty unfortunate for Dennis Lindsey that Houston ended up involved.

There was no leak. The Spurs were just a bit ham handed in their attempts to hide him. I'm pretty sure that Pritch had an idea of the type of player that the Spurs wanted. He did work in their front office for a number of years. Looking at the draft board in the 20s, it wouldn't be that hard to grok our pick, call Houston, and jump in front. Being a dick didn't really work out for him in the long run, though.

will_spurs
08-29-2010, 12:31 PM
Nice game by France after the upset of yesterday... good to see them still focused. Gelabale and Khoffi are on fire so far, and De Colo was playing much better today.

itzsoweezee
08-29-2010, 02:05 PM
Mahinmi continuing to embarASS popobitch.

Bruno
08-29-2010, 04:48 PM
btw. Gelabale !!!?????
could it be that he is back on track to the NBA? he has been one of my favorite targets for the Spurs for years, but then I gave up to believe he will make it back after his injury. what about his contract status? (read he signed with ASVEL, but not for how long and if he has an NBA escape clause)

I've also think for year that Gelabale would be a great fit for Spurs. He had a hard time coming back form an ACL injury but he has played very well for some months.

http://twitter.com/hoopshype

# Since Mickael Gelabale is playing so well at the Worlds, I asked his agent Bill McCandless about his contract situation.
# Gelabale is under contract with ASVEL in France, but McCandless says a release could be negotiated.
# Only NBA team to express interest in Gelabale before the Worlds was Memphis, according to his agent.

It could be great if Spurs had some kind of connections with ASVEL. :downspin:

mountainballer
08-30-2010, 02:31 AM
It could be great if Spurs had some kind of connections with ASVEL. :downspin:

damn, forgot about that. Gelabale already is ours. kind of. question is, would Tony hurt is own team big time to help the Spurs a little bit?

# Only NBA team to express interest in Gelabale before the Worlds was Memphis, according to his agent.

hm. what does this tell? does Memphis have doubts they can sign Henry? (or they think about trading his rights?)
because otherwise I would really not see why they need Gelabale, when they have Gay, Young, Henry, Carroll, to play SF.

Brazil
08-30-2010, 07:49 AM
Wow, really? :D I was looking at some apartments there as well, but then chose one that was downtown Chamonix. It's gonna be more convenient because I'll be going to school there. I want to learn french.

Argentières is nice but not to live when u are studying in Chamonix especially during the winter with the heavy car transits. Other point is Argentières is really really expensive.
There is a french thread in the international forum you can practice there !
Next time I spend some weeks in Argentières I will contact you to organize a snow ride + vin chaud party