PDA

View Full Version : Dallas folded like a cheap lawnchair...

CosmicCowboy
05-19-2005, 09:47 AM
Damn that was ugly...I called it halfway through to third...the game was still close when Phoenix started to make a run and Dallas wasn't even TRYING to play defense...they are making Phoenix look even better than they are...

foodie2
05-19-2005, 09:54 AM
Is it just me, or was there no defense of any kind played in that game? I kept thinking that somebody just playing a little D would have changed this game so much. I would think that (assuming we get past Seattle) either team the Spurs play would not be able to run like that, and the whole picture is going to look completely different.

Jimcs50
05-19-2005, 09:55 AM
Therev was more D last night then a lot of their games.

foodie2
05-19-2005, 09:58 AM
Therev was more D last night then a lot of their games.

Damn.

I only watched the first quarter and I had to turn it off. People say that style of ball is fun to watch, but it just makes me antsy.

Jimcs50
05-19-2005, 09:59 AM
Damn.

I only watched the first quarter and I had to turn it off. People say that style of ball is fun to watch, but it just makes me antsy.

I can not wait til we get to play against that soft ass team. Manu and TP will look like MJ and John Stockton in that series.

ambchang
05-19-2005, 10:00 AM
I agree foodie2, I don't get all the talk about the game being more entertaining when the scores are high. Just because the ball goes in the basket more often doesn't mean it's better to watch. It was frustrating to see how both teams blow defensive assignments and leave their man for wide open jump shots, I mean, I can see people nail wide open jumpshots in the local Y!
It is, however, way more entertaining to see people break down good defense to score, at least they earned it, right?

Spurminator
05-19-2005, 10:15 AM
It was almost comical the way the Suns continued to run the same play and the Mavs made absolutely no adjustment. Avery claimed they tried everything on Nash, but I think there are other options besides giving him wide open looks from 10 feet or 12 feet.

The strategy of containing Stoudemire and letting Nash go off worked in Game 4, but Phoenix adjusted and the Mavs had no answer. There has to be a way to rotate so that neither Nash nor Stoudemire is that wide open on the pick and roll.

ladiesman
05-19-2005, 10:30 AM
It was kinda strange to see their Pic'n'roll defense, not like ours has been succesful, but both defenders would go with Stoudamire leaving Nash by himself at the free-throw line. Let me add that I did not watch the whole game, so this might have been blown assignments when I tunned in.

Ishta
05-19-2005, 10:37 AM
Damn.

I agree with this.. To me it's BORING because there is no challenge...And "they" say the Spurs are boring ....WHATEVER

boutons
05-19-2005, 10:51 AM
"Suns continued to run the same play and the Mavs made absolutely no adjustment"

Yes, that was incredible. over and over and over.
Sorta like the Mavs decided late in the 3rd qtr that We'd Really Rather Be Fishin.

This Suns victory was classic Suns of this season: Suns were behind, stayed close, boringly swapped baskets, until late in the game when other team has a cold streak, falters a bit, Suns keep hitting their shots, Suns win.

Mavs handed the game to the Suns, but the Suns CONSISTENTLY played their game in order to accept it.

MiNuS
05-19-2005, 01:08 PM
RUN jump shot--inbound then run,shot clock at 18 shoot another jump shot....
repeat that about 200 times.
They call it "defense" when either the other team turns the ball over OR the opposing team misses the jump shot.

OT:
OKAY!Mano a mano! Joe Johnson looks like a beaten up price fighter but Dirk looks like he put too much make up on that left eye!

I call that 'Lube & shoot' basketball. Too much KY Jelly!

GrandeDavid
05-19-2005, 01:15 PM
Yeah, kind of reminds you of the Spurs against Seattle, eh? Particularly Game 4. This is the playoffs. The intensity is upped. All teams that are in it this deep are good and, really, anything can happen.

ducks
05-19-2005, 01:22 PM
was don nelson coaching last night or aj?

Smackie Chan
05-19-2005, 01:36 PM
Damn that was ugly...

So was that 40 point loss Spurs had to the very team your bashing.

I called it halfway through to third...

Sure and I called the the Kentucky Derby 50-1 longshot (Giacomo) to win after the 3rd turn... :lmao

Grow a pair, and call a game before it starts.

the game was still close when Phoenix started to make a run and Dallas wasn't even TRYING to play defense...they are making Phoenix look even better than they are...

It doesn't matter who wins, Spurs will have a hard time with either team,

Unless I am talking to the 3 spur fans who were here after game four? then rest of you really have no say worth reading.

CosmicCowboy
05-19-2005, 01:50 PM
fuck you, rodent. I was rooting for your Mavs to win last night but realized early in the third that they were so incredibly inept on defense that there was no way it was gonna happen. Sucks to be you.

tlongII
05-19-2005, 01:56 PM
I'm surprised the Mavs have won 2 games. The Suns are clearly the better team. They will be a handful for the Spurs as well. Duncan will not be able to stop Amare.

Jimcs50
05-19-2005, 01:57 PM
I fell asleep at halftime on the couch and woke up during a movie with Charlie Sheen and Chris Tucker in it. These late nights are getting to me. I can not wait til the Finals when all games start at 8 pm

Jimcs50
05-19-2005, 01:58 PM
I'm surprised the Mavs have won 2 games. The Suns are clearly the better team. They will be a handful for the Spurs as well. Duncan will not be able to stop Amare.

TD will not be on Amare. Nazr and a guard will be on him.

foodie2
05-19-2005, 01:58 PM
I fell asleep at halftime on the couch and woke up during a movie with Charlie Sheen and Chris Tucker in it. These late nights are getting to me. I can not wait til the Finals when all games start at 8 pm

Me too. I have to get up at 5 am to go to work, and I'm older than dirt.

Jimcs50
05-19-2005, 01:59 PM
And they certainly can not stop TD.

Smackie Chan
05-19-2005, 02:07 PM
fuck you, rodent.

That kind of responce means only two things

A your not an adult, and can't handle any type of debate,

or

B You don't get laid on a monthy basis, which is it?

I was rooting for your Mavs to win last night

how about you Root though your dusty attic ,and pull out that old dusty ,never been used Spur car flag for your 1997 Mazda Miata that still has a taco cabana spurs cup with Sean Eliott's picture on front. :lmao

but realized early in the third that they were so incredibly inept on defense that there was no way it was gonna happen. Sucks to be you.

wow it only took the 3rd quarter? Dam......Miss Cleo ain't got shit on you brah ..:lmao

picnroll
05-19-2005, 02:12 PM
Avery has tried to use some of the gameplan the Spurs will use on offense if these teams meet. He knew the Suns were vulnerable on the post defensively and he tried to attack with Dampier. Difference is Spurs have Duncan to attack with. Who would you rather punish a weak low post defending team with, Dampier or Duncan?

Nobody on the Suns matches up with Manu, particularly with Johnson out. Nash doesn't match up well with Parker unless TP goes in his shell. Spurs will attack the middle with, Duncan, Manu and Parker at Amare will be hard pressed to stay out of foul trouble. Nash and Stoudamire present match-up problems for the Spurs. Tough opponent but Spurs have the advantage.

Meanwhile Avery is calling out his team saying they didn't follow the gameplan. Played stupid. How long before his act gets old with his team? Holding breath, waiting for Avery to lay any blame at his own feet.

MadDog73
05-19-2005, 02:21 PM
I thought Avery gave a good speech last night. yeah, he called them out, but this is the Playoffs! No easy buckets.

I'd bet my meager v-bucks that Mavs win game 6.

tlongII
05-19-2005, 02:27 PM
TD will not be on Amare. Nazr and a guard will be on him.

If Nazr and a guard are covering Amare look for him to score 40+ per game.

Spurminator
05-19-2005, 02:28 PM
Holding breath, waiting for Avery to lay any blame at his own feet.

After Game 1: "Now we know what we are up against. I guarantee you we will have a better effort in game two. It is my responsibility to get my team ready. So you can blame me for this one."

http://p102.news.scd.yahoo.com/s/afp/20050510/sp_afp/basketnbawest_050510140417

GrandeDavid
05-19-2005, 02:32 PM
fuck you, rodent. I was rooting for your Mavs to win last night but realized early in the third that they were so incredibly inept on defense that there was no way it was gonna happen. Sucks to be you.

CosmicCowboy, if you threaten or insult the Mouse directly or harshly, his usual response is to curl up into the fetal position under the covers. Sadly you probably will not get a response from him until he senses the coast is clear.

Jimcs50
05-19-2005, 02:34 PM
If Nazr and a guard are covering Amare look for him to score 40+ per game.

Well, let him get 40, the rest of the team will get 45, and Spurs win 4 straight....who cares how many Amare gets?

bigzak25
05-19-2005, 02:36 PM
Nash doesn't match up well with Parker unless TP goes in his shell.

or, Nash matches up well with Parker until TP comes out of his shell.

mouse
05-19-2005, 02:39 PM
CosmicCowboy, if you threaten or insult the Mouse directly or harshly, his usual response is to curl up into the fetal position under the covers.

That reminds me, get off the PC , and come back to bed honey :lmao

Sadly you probably will not get a response from him until he senses the coast is clear.

as long your going to keep wearing Spandex at the beach ? the coast willnever be clear. :lmao