PDA

View Full Version : Fans of NBA teams without a legitimate 1-2-3 punch, how does it feel?

LeHeat_Dynasty
08-29-2010, 07:18 AM
I dont mean to sound cocky, but Miami has Lebron, Wade and Bosh down in South Beach. Kobe, Gasol, Artest & Odom out West. Say, CP3 or even Tony Parker and Melo joins Amare in New York are you worried that this trend is getting out of hand and is practically wiping any chance of your city raising a championship banner? I think Superstar players all playing together under one roof is crushing the hopes of other fanbases even moreso than befor. Teams like Dallas, Phoenix, Orlando, New Orleans & even the once mighty San Antonio Spurs are all becoming an afterthought in this race. TBH, I like the competitve nature of the league before, regardless of how small its existence was. As we all have seen an upset was never out of the equation (Boston beating LA in 2008, Orlando eliminating Cleveland in 2009, Spurs beating the favored Suns and of course Miami crushing the Mavericks in 2006) but with the formation of "Super Teams" parity has become pretty non existent in the NBA.

So, as a question for fans rooting for a team without a clear path to a championship trophy, how are you realistically coping with this new trend?

Basketballgirl25
08-29-2010, 03:54 PM
how does it feel, well being a Nets fan I hate it(or say I hate it), but in the end really it's only basketball nothing really important at all. Got more things to worry about in life then the basketball teams, if you worry about the teams I say that's kind of sad. NBA. NFL, NHL, and MLB are all just fun watching just like tv, some teams have great drama and some don't

Koolaid_Man
08-29-2010, 04:08 PM
how does it feel, well being a Nets fan I hate it(or say I hate it), but in the end really it's only basketball nothing really important at all. Got more things to worry about in life then the basketball teams, if you worry about the teams I say that's kind of sad. NBA. NFL, NHL, and MLB are all just fun watching just like tv, some teams have great drama and some don't

I can imagine it feels like a bitch after having good sex...just exhausted, winded, and a bit tired.

DAF86
08-29-2010, 04:25 PM
I can't tell, I have the best trio on my team.

Ashy Larry
08-29-2010, 04:50 PM
I can't tell, I have the best trio on my team.

Jefferson, Blair and Bonner > all

Basketballgirl25
08-29-2010, 06:55 PM
I can imagine it feels like a bitch after having good sex...just exhausted, winded, and a bit tired.

actually it feels like nothing, it's great when a team you like wins and it sucks when they lose, but it's just for watching. Back in the days when basketball(NBA) was good I'd be more into, now not so much. I mean with players like Lebron, Wade, Bosh, etc teaming up and ruining it all, doesn't make it fun to watch so I don't get into games as much, this isn't the first year it's not fun to watch started going downhill in 2005 and when I say ruining it all I don't mean it won't be fun to watch, maybe will be for a year, but after a year it will be like those songs on the radio you love them at first then it's like, um can we just take this off now expect for Heat fans they'll be like those annoying little Jonas Brothers fans:lol

Koolaid_Man
08-29-2010, 07:28 PM
actually it feels like nothing, it's great when a team you like wins and it sucks when they lose, but it's just for watching. Back in the days when basketball(NBA) was good I'd be more into, now not so much. I mean with players like Lebron, Wade, Bosh, etc teaming up and ruining it all, doesn't make it fun to watch so I don't get into games as much, this isn't the first year it's not fun to watch started going downhill in 2005 and when I say ruining it all I don't mean it won't be fun to watch, maybe will be for a year, but after a year it will be like those songs on the radio you love them at first then it's like, um can we just take this off now expect for Heat fans they'll be like those annoying little Jonas Brothers fans:lol

Seems you just need some real Laker friends. So you down or what? and what you know bout back in the day. I open doors and pull out chairs for women that not only can talk sports but can hang. At least you're smarter than half the knuckleheads on ST by virtue of recognizing the Lebacle. But me I take the opposite view. I welcome the LeStooges because whether they know it right now or not Lebron has diminished his brand and value. I applaud you for being a Jersey fan and still representing, however, if you want to root for your home team and another team in parallel I will be the first to invite you in, even if it's purely out of Heat dislike because that's what I do I extend invites to members of the opposite sex with a sense of purpose and direction. We can talk about some other stuff later... :toast

tlongII
08-29-2010, 07:31 PM
I'm just happy this thread doesn't apply to my team.