PDA

View Full Version : A good documentary being released 01-11-11

tlongII
08-29-2010, 02:06 PM
http://www.hoodtocoastmovie.com/

I did this 3 years ago. It's pretty cool. Anybody that runs should try it sometime. Even if you don't run much (like me) you should try it.

thispego
08-29-2010, 02:56 PM
we should try hoodtocoast or any marathon? regular marathons suck but hoodtocoast kinda looks like fun

tlongII
08-29-2010, 03:37 PM
we should try hoodtocoast or any marathon? regular marathons suck but hoodtocoast kinda looks like fun

You should try Hood to Coast. I would never do a marathon. Hood to Coast is painful, but it's a lot of fun.

BlackSwordsMan
08-29-2010, 03:49 PM
You do know majority of the people on this forum are obese right? Good luck with this thread

thispego
08-29-2010, 04:38 PM
You should try Hood to Coast. I would never do a marathon. Hood to Coast is painful, but it's a lot of fun.

That'd be great if I lived on the west coast. What's so special about hood to coast

TDMVPDPOY
08-29-2010, 04:47 PM
marathons and cross country running...fkn sucks

boutons_deux
08-29-2010, 05:30 PM
Marathoners ought to take a hint from the original Marathoner. They certainly confirm his experience.

Anybody every hear of long-distance cyclists or swimmers keeling over dead like runners do?

tlongII
08-29-2010, 05:42 PM
That'd be great if I lived on the west coast. What's so special about hood to coast

It's special because there is nothing else like it.

The Reckoning
08-30-2010, 03:24 PM
dont care about the documentary, but 01-11-11 is muh 21st birthday.

:drunk

thispego
08-30-2010, 03:52 PM
Marathoners ought to take a hint from the original Marathoner. They certainly confirm his experience.

Anybody every hear of long-distance cyclists or swimmers keeling over dead like runners do?

that's cause cycling is for pussies. the lazy-man's workout. and swimming is just... dumb.

JoeChalupa
08-30-2010, 04:22 PM

Interesting. I've run 3 marathons in my life time.

Wild Cobra
08-31-2010, 11:08 PM
It's an annual event here. I wonder how true or fake the movie will be.

The relay was started by Portland architect Bob Foote, who was then president of Oregon Road Runners Club. The first relay in 1982 drew eight teams that ran from Timberline to Kiwanda Beach near Pacific City, Oregon. The relay grew rapidly to over 400 teams by 1986. In 1989, the finish area was moved to Seaside where it remains today. Since then, the race has become extremely popular, attracting teams of elite and recreational runners alike.

Like many businesses, The Hood To Coast Relay is a for-profit business. While the American Cancer Society has been a longtime sponsor, it had not been prominently promoted in race literature until Foote himself was diagnosed and successfully treated for melanoma in 2005. The race then began to take on a more aggressive approach to fundraising, and in 2009 alone, over $360,000 was raised for the American Cancer Society. In 2006, Foote's daughter, Felicia Hubber, was brought on board the family business to manage the majority of race logistics. She currently serves as Race Director.

Wild Cobra
08-31-2010, 11:10 PM
Interesting. I've run 3 marathons in my life time.
Maybe it will give you reason to come here?

Hood to Coast dot com (http://www.hoodtocoast.com/)

August 27 & 28, 2010

Missed it. maybe next year.

http://blog-cache.extensis.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/08/coursemap-500.jpg