PDA

View Full Version : BigPharma Raising Prices Because They Want Mo' Money

boutons_deux
08-30-2010, 09:29 AM
Brand Name Drugs Rocketed 8% In 2009, While Inflation Remained Negative

In 2009 brand name drugs rose in price 8% - a year when the general inflation rate remained negative, according to an analysis by AARP (American Association of Retired Persons). Although the brand name industry criticizes AARP because it does not take into account rebates and discounts, AARP's RX Price Watch report says such discounts hardly make any impact.

Of the 217 brand name prescription medications in the report, only 6 did not go up in price more than the inflation rate for that year. All of the 25 top selling brand name medications went up in price; most of them by over 5%.

http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/printerfriendlynews.php?newsid=199089

===========

And the cc issuers have been sending 100s of % more "business" cc offers this year, millions of offers, because those cards aren't subject to the new cc rules.

3 days late in payment? screwed with usurious 30% interest.

=======

Let's hear some undying love for corporate America.

motto: "We Fuck You Because We Are Free To Fuck You"

rjv
08-30-2010, 10:29 AM
so much for the assurances they gave to obama, as if anyone ever thought that their word meant jack. i'm sure even obama knew that but who cares? all in the name of health care "reform". what a joke.

coyotes_geek
08-30-2010, 10:34 AM
There weren't many things government could have done to try and control healthcare costs, but opening up the way for importation of prescription drugs was one of them. But unfortunately for us Obama & Co never put that on the table.

rjv
08-30-2010, 10:38 AM
There weren't many things government could have done to try and control healthcare costs, but opening up the way for importation of prescription drugs was one of them. But unfortunately for us Obama & Co never put that on the table.

they sort of did have it on the table so to speak but then obama met privately with the pharma big shots and suddenly he pulled it off. government regulated costs on drugs would have been huge but obama caved when it came down to it and his 'reform' was all downhill from that point on.

boutons_deux
08-30-2010, 10:43 AM
"unfortunately for us Obama & Co never put that on the table."

because MN would have had his health reform completely blocked by BigPharma and its lobbyist hitmen.

Corporations and capitalists control the government. NOBODY can do anything in DC unless the corps are unharmed, or enriched.

coyotes_geek
08-30-2010, 11:03 AM
"unfortunately for us Obama & Co never put that on the table."

because MN would have had his health reform completely blocked by BigPharma and its lobbyist hitmen.

Corporations and capitalists control the government. NOBODY can do anything in DC unless the corps are unharmed, or enriched.

Exactly why we'd have been better off just dropping the whole HC reform effort entirely.

boutons_deux
08-30-2010, 11:28 AM
No, America The Beautiful actually made a humanitarian gesture and got millions of people covered (enriching the health care predators), in spite of ugliness.

boutons_deux
08-31-2010, 11:36 AM
another corporate ripoff:

Time Warner Cable doubles fee to not list phone number

Time Warner Cable more than doubled its fee for an unlisted number to a whopping $1.99 a month, or nearly $24 a year.

http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-lazarus-20100831,0,4930202,print.column

=======

That's charging a fee for NOT doing something, because the costs of NOT doing something have gone up. :lol

TeyshaBlue
08-31-2010, 11:41 AM
another corporate ripoff:

Time Warner Cable doubles fee to not list phone number

Time Warner Cable more than doubled its fee for an unlisted number to a whopping $1.99 a month, or nearly $24 a year.

http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-lazarus-20100831,0,4930202,print.column

=======

That's charging a fee for NOT doing something, because the cost of NOT doing something have gone up. :lol

LOL...this is just like the ATM fees the banks charge. They're gonna charge us for not using a teller that they have to hire, train and pay? Fuck! They should be paying us!:lol

DMX7
08-31-2010, 02:30 PM
Time Warner is an absolute joke for various reasons.

Bender
08-31-2010, 02:36 PM
T-W is on my list of most hated companies. but what's the best alternative in san antonio?

for cable & internet both, but not phone.

boutons_deux
08-31-2010, 02:49 PM
I hear good things about Clear (WiMAx fixed wireless) 3 up / 3 down.

grandecom for cable/internet/phone

Spurminator
08-31-2010, 03:35 PM
If you have FiOS available, I highly recommend. :tu

Bender
08-31-2010, 03:39 PM
who has cable AND internet, besides T-W? just U-verse? what about Directv & dish? does Clear do cable TV?

my roadrunner service is so slow it's like dial-up. pages take 30-60 secs to load sometimes.

boutons_deux
08-31-2010, 03:45 PM
A priority for big websites is making their page load as fast as possible.

In the past few months, I've been very frustrated by many sites loading fast, but the browser is hung/frozen waiting, sometimes many seconds, for a response from an ad server or stat counter or other off-site crap. I see this in the firefox status line.

Bender
08-31-2010, 03:48 PM
....for a response from an ad server or stat counter or other off-site crap. I see this in the firefox status line.
yeah I know. many times I'm waiting for a page to finish, and the basic page is finished, but still I have to wait for 20 more seconds while adserver, doubleclick, or something finishes.