PDA

View Full Version : tiago splitter poll on espn daily dime

spectator
08-30-2010, 04:43 PM
http://espn.go.com/nba/dailydime/_/page/dimelive-100830/daily-dime-live

Have you been impressed with Tiago Splitter?
Yes, very.
( 19% )
Yes, somewhat.
( 52% )
Ah, he's okay.
( 22% )
No, he's not that great.
( 4% )
No, he'll be terrible in the NBA.
( 3% )

DynastySpurs210
08-30-2010, 04:44 PM
Overrated

G-Dawgg
08-30-2010, 04:47 PM
I don't know what the hype is all about... he reminds me of Travis Knight. No wonder we signed him for less than the MLE.

Solid D
08-30-2010, 04:50 PM
I don't know what the hype is all about... he reminds me of Travis Knight. No wonder we signed him for less than the MLE.

That's hilarious. Shake yourself.

Leonard Curse
08-30-2010, 05:04 PM
[QUOTE=G-Dawgg;4603296]I don't know what the hype is all about... he reminds me of Travis Knight. No wonder we signed him for less than the MLE.[/QUOTE

and you remind me of a lebron fanatic, or an undercover dallas fan :nope

The_Worlds_finest
08-30-2010, 05:18 PM
I dont know what all the hype is about either. He came into a statement game put up 13 points 10 boards, 3 assist 2 steals and 1 block against some of the worlds best players. LOL imagine how crappy he is going to do when he actually has a team of pros, like tim duncan, manu, and parket to play with.

Solid D
08-30-2010, 05:26 PM
I dont know what all the hype is about either. He came into a statement game put up 13 points 10 boards, 3 assist 2 steals and 1 block against some of the worlds best players. LOL imagine how crappy he is going to do when he actually has a team of pros to play with.

Considering Tiago outscored all three opposing Bigs combined (Odom, Love and Chandler) and pulled in just as many rebounds, I'm not sure what people want.

ThaBigFundamental21
08-30-2010, 05:27 PM
If Splitter could play by Tim and get 13 and 10 a game with a couple blocks it would be golden. That is WAY better then anything we have had for years. Not to mention he should get better each year for a while. He is only 25.

DesignatedT
08-30-2010, 05:31 PM
Overrated

hes rated?

Galileo
08-30-2010, 05:35 PM
Splitter will be an instant top 15 big man, and be top 10 by end of season.

Parker2112
08-30-2010, 05:41 PM
Considering Tiago outscored all three opposing Bigs combined (Odom, Love and Chandler) and pulled in just as many rebounds, I'm not sure what people want.

:(silenced....

:(silenced....

G-Dawgg
08-30-2010, 05:47 PM
We'll I hope he does well for us... I just haven't really seen anything from him to make him stand out to me..

The_Worlds_finest
08-30-2010, 05:48 PM
my post was pouring with sarcasm. Splitter is going to be HUGE for the Spurs. Damn I just hope RJ can play cause the Spurs will be legit again.

Obstructed_View
08-30-2010, 05:50 PM
We'll I hope he does well for us... I just haven't really seen anything from him to make him stand out to me..

Yeah he sucks.

nkdlunch
08-30-2010, 05:51 PM

sorry to hear about your blindness

Waps1980
08-30-2010, 05:54 PM
lol
The spurs fans have been voting in force.
Hope we all know what we're talking about

TDMVPDPOY
08-30-2010, 05:57 PM
thats better then what yao or amare avg in the rookie season

splitter 13/10 would be nice for rookie season

bbarry
08-30-2010, 06:29 PM
wheres the poll I don't see it?

SpurCharger
08-30-2010, 06:31 PM
Splitter Impressed me...... He set great Screens..... He did very well In the pick N Roll.... To me he outplayed Odom, chandler, and Love..... I can see Ginobil and Splitter being Great Together....

Galileo
08-30-2010, 06:40 PM
thats better then what yao or amare avg in the rookie season

splitter 13/10 would be nice for rookie season

Last season, only 5 players 6' 11" or taller did that; Duncan, Howard, Bogut, Gasol, and Troy Murphy.

TimmehC
08-30-2010, 06:49 PM

screenshot:

http://img266.imageshack.us/img266/4938/tiagopoll.jpg

bbarry
08-30-2010, 07:34 PM
thanks. i see where it is now

TDMVPDPOY
08-30-2010, 09:20 PM
and fck espn or daily dime polls, mainly laker fans troll that site

Leonard Curse
08-30-2010, 09:24 PM
lol
The spurs fans have been voting in force.
Hope we all know what we're talking about

thats what i thought but where the poll took place was in like a euro/sacramento forum so very few spurs fans voting. i knew tiago would be huge for us, the thing is when he knows the spurs system he will be extremely effecient ala manu!!

ezau
08-30-2010, 09:33 PM
Splitter can fucking play

#41 Shoot Em Up
08-30-2010, 10:27 PM
http://espn.go.com/nba/dailydime/_/page/dimelive-100830/daily-dime-live

Have you been impressed with Tiago Splitter?
Yes, very.
( 19% )
Yes, somewhat.
( 52% )
Ah, he's okay.
( 22% )
No, he's not that great.
( 4% )
No, he'll be terrible in the NBA.
( 3% )

When is Tiago "olajuwon Ewing" Splitter getting into the hall of fame? After leading the Spurs to a handful of NBA championships he will go down as the greatest im sure:toast

Leonard Curse
08-30-2010, 10:55 PM
When is Tiago "olajuwon Ewing" Splitter getting into the hall of fame? After leading the Spurs to a handful of NBA championships he will go down as the greatest im sure:toast

finally!! we agree on something!! :p:

hes the best tim duncan sidekick since david robinson so its a hell of alot better than having dice as our leading and only center

angelbelow
08-30-2010, 11:16 PM
atrocious performance by splitter. he only grabbed 10 rebounds while the entire USA team grabbed 35. wtf travis knight indeed.

crc21209
08-30-2010, 11:29 PM
Splitter is a damn good pick and roll player and defender. Can't wait to see him setting picks for TP & Manu. :tu

TJastal
08-30-2010, 11:32 PM

I have to admit, he looked pretty damn good to me. He was holding up the fort by himself basically for Brazil w/ not much help.

Should be good for him, it'll get him ready to play in the PopnBonner system.

DJ Mbenga
08-30-2010, 11:33 PM
looks like a poor mans marc gasol. not the fat version the new fit marc

TDMVPDPOY
08-31-2010, 12:25 AM
best since drob for td sidekick?

um he has to outshined rasho first

20beastie45
08-31-2010, 12:36 AM
Tiago immediately impacts both spurs offense and defense with his pick and roll i.q. and vice versa deffensively . The x factor for spurs success will be a legitimate perimeter threat [RJ's ,james andersons, gary neals ] in perimeter shooting percentage. If you ask me RJ is talented but id cash him in for a shooter/defender who can defend 1 thru 3 maybe the 4, to put into simpler terms get Bowen junior . We got a chance to take the west!!!!
:flag:

jestersmash
08-31-2010, 02:12 AM
Tiago immediately impacts both spurs offense and defense with his pick and roll i.q. and vice versa deffensively . The x factor for spurs success will be a legitimate perimeter threat [RJ's ,james andersons, gary neals ] in perimeter shooting percentage. If you ask me RJ is talented but id cash him in for a shooter/defender who can defend 1 thru 3 maybe the 4, to put into simpler terms get Bowen junior . We got a chance to take the west!!!!
:flag:

Bowen Jr.? We're not getting another Bruce Bowen, period. Face it and move on. Bowen was arguably the best perimeter defender of his era. 5x NBA All Defensive First Team 2004-2008 is proof of that.

That plus a 42% career 3 point shooter, those are not easy shoes to fill. Bowen's "glamor" stats were never spectacular (PPG), but his efficiency from the 3 and his perimeter defense for his size were nothing short of spectacular. The NBA won't see another bruce bowen for quite a while.

tuncaboylu
08-31-2010, 02:21 AM
He was excellent tonight, overplayed Odom several times in each side of the court. He seems NBA ready at the moment. Barbosa played very bad after 1st quarter and if Brazil have another nice disher instead of Barbosa, he could score 20 at least. Huertas was perfect and dished Splitter several times, but one true point guard is not enough to play against USA.

analyzed
08-31-2010, 02:27 AM
For a low 1st round pick he's a heck of a recruit. His strenghts is just what the doctor ordered, covers the pick and roll excellently and knows how to set screens and moves without the ball well to get free, great recognition of when to pass. I would even go so far to say that no one in this rookie class could provide what the Spurs need most instantly than Splitter, now that's saying a lot for a low 1st round pick

analyzed
08-31-2010, 02:58 AM
What CNNSI chris manix has to say:
5. Smile, Spurs fans. Tiago Splitter, the Spurs' top pick in 2007, is the real deal. Against the U.S. Splitter scored 13 points and pulled down 10 rebounds in 30 foul-filled minutes. The 7-foot, 235-pound Splitter is an excellent post player with a nose for the ball on the offensive glass. More impressive was that Splitter got the job done without Anderson Varejao, the Cavaliers' hyperactive forward who sat out the game with an ankle injury.

From ESPN
Splitter, meanwhile, is better known, and is due to play alongside Tim Duncan in San Antonio. Aych writes that Splitter will be Brazil's featured interior player: " Tiago's deft footwork gets him quality looks around the bucket. Has an effective righty hook and Tiago can finish with his left hand as well. Expect a few sweet up/under step-thru moves as well. Tiago's touch can be dodgy but it seems to be more hit than miss these days. Sometimes his post-up attempts look fluid, other times his scoring attempts look ragged. His shooting stroke is still not easy on the eyes and his touch remains his main flaw. His shot comes off flat which is a factor in below-average free throw shooting. We have mentioned Splitter's strong passing skills before but we feel it's necessary to reiterate what a terrific passer he has become. Not to mention, Tiago can make passes off the move and delivers the ball quickly when he sees an open teammate. His lateral movement on the defensive end is as good as any big in the NBA. Not to mention, he runs the floor hard."
Will they be impact players in the NBA? This tournament is as good a chance as any to make up your mind.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/chris_mannix/08/30/usa.brazil.5things/index.html#ixzz0yAQmLkE3

cantthinkofanything
08-31-2010, 02:42 PM

It's in RJ's butt.

kaji157
08-31-2010, 03:54 PM
Tiago is 70% Scola on offense and 130% Scola on defense. Just the right ammount of Scola the Spurs need.:hat

G-Dawgg
08-31-2010, 04:16 PM
atrocious performance by splitter. he only grabbed 10 rebounds while the entire USA team grabbed 35. wtf travis knight indeed.

How many true "Quality" rebounders does USA have on their team? They play ODOM at center for god's sakes......

They may be NBA players, but they are still playing the international game.. Lets see how Splitter plays the NBA game against NBA defenses, and "REAL" NBA big men... -not Kevin I Love You, Tyson Crystal Chandelier and Lamar "My wife's thighs are more buff than me" Kardashian

howbouthemspurs
09-02-2010, 12:23 AM
Hes only going to get better! he's a huge improvement for the spurs!

Capt Bringdown
09-02-2010, 10:11 AM
Can't wait to see him in the Silver & Black. The season can't start soon enough.

spursfaninla
09-02-2010, 11:01 AM
How many true "Quality" rebounders does USA have on their team? They play ODOM at center for god's sakes......

They may be NBA players, but they are still playing the international game.. Lets see how Splitter plays the NBA game against NBA defenses, and "REAL" NBA big men... -not Kevin I Love You, Tyson Crystal Chandelier and Lamar "My wife's thighs are more buff than me" Kardashian

Odom is the Laker's 2nd best bigman. Love is a very good big as well. Don't have much to say re chandler.

This is encouraging, but we have to see him under NBA rules and whistles.