08-31-2010, 02:05 AM
What a bummer for Malik.

Texas_Ranger
08-31-2010, 02:44 AM
well, he sucks.

benefactor
08-31-2010, 04:34 AM
well, he sucks.
He was injured, dumbass. He likely would have started for them.

Texas_Ranger
08-31-2010, 06:47 AM
He was injured, dumbass. He likely would have started for them.

Yea, without the injury he really is a great basketball player. I saw how good he was. So he pretty much sucks.
And he's not in San Antonio anymore so I relly don't give a shit about him.

Obstructed_View
08-31-2010, 06:58 AM
Yea, without the injury he really is a great basketball player. I saw how good he was. So he pretty much sucks.
And he's not in San Antonio anymore so I relly don't give a shit about him.

40 percent of the posts in this thread tells us how much you relly don't give a shit.

SpursRulez4eVeR
08-31-2010, 07:00 AM
ding, hope he gets well and gets resigned

ceperez
08-31-2010, 08:24 AM
I guess that's the problem with European contracts...

you get injured...

you get waived.

no real security.

:-(

HarlemHeat37
08-31-2010, 08:30 AM
He wasn't injured while under contract with them, his injury happened while he was with the Spurs, which is why he was let go before Training Camp even started..the Euro team has no reason to keep him under contract if he isn't even healthy enough to practice, so it's not really "the problem with European contracts", it has little to do with it..

SpursTillTheEnd
08-31-2010, 08:58 AM
just get over it mutherfuckers its destiny for malik to be a spurs yall will see malik is a mutherfucking balla.... bring him back fuck rj

ceperez
08-31-2010, 12:02 PM
He wasn't injured while under contract with them, his injury happened while he was with the Spurs, which is why he was let go before Training Camp even started..the Euro team has no reason to keep him under contract if he isn't even healthy enough to practice, so it's not really "the problem with European contracts", it has little to do with it..

Eh? Wasn't Marcus Haislip similarly waived when he got injured?

MaNu4Tres
08-31-2010, 12:10 PM

It was Hairston's choice to leave, not the Spurs. The kid wanted more opportunity and didn't see it happening with the way the draft went.

Bruno
08-31-2010, 12:23 PM
It was Hairston's choice to leave, not the Spurs. The kid wanted more opportunity and didn't see it happening with the way the draft went.

Not really.

http://www.menssanabasket.it/site/detailNews.aspx?K=6476

I have a very close relationship with San Antonio. I clearly dream of returning to the NBA. They sent me to Europe to play a lot of minutes and gain experience. They told me about a staff in Siena that helps players grow.

MaNu4Tres
08-31-2010, 12:50 PM
Not really.

http://www.menssanabasket.it/site/detailNews.aspx?K=6476

“We valued Malik and had invested a lot in him, but this is an excellent opportunity for him and we were happy to honor his request.”
- Spurs general manager R.C. Buford, regarding releasing Malik Hairston from his contract so he could pursue a more lucrative opportunity overseas.

MaNu4Tres
08-31-2010, 12:53 PM
Maybe it was a combination of both perceived notions?..

Dex
08-31-2010, 01:01 PM
CIA Pop is at it again.

Bruno
08-31-2010, 01:02 PM
“We valued Malik and had invested a lot in him, but this is an excellent opportunity for him and we were happy to honor his request.”
- Spurs general manager R.C. Buford, regarding releasing Malik Hairston from his contract so he could pursue a more lucrative opportunity overseas.

Typical PR BS. Buford will never say "Due to a combination of Hairston not being that good and a back injury, we have convinced Malik to go to Europe".

On the other hand, Hairston has no reason to hide the truth.

ohmwrecker
08-31-2010, 01:32 PM
- Spurs general manager R.C. Buford, regarding releasing Malik Hairston from his contract so he could pursue a more lucrative opportunity overseas, in a prepared statement written by someone in the Spurs' Public Relations Department.

fify