PDA

View Full Version : TP interview

jiggy_55
08-31-2010, 08:49 AM
http://en.tp9.net/%C2%AB-i%E2%80%99m-happy-for-the-french-team-%C2%BB-374

Tony, what’s your impression on the first two wins of France vs Spain and Lebanon at the World Championship ?
I am thrilled for them. I watched the games this weekend. The team made two great performances. The win over Spain started the competition the best way it could be. I think Spain didn’t take it seriously. And we proved we were in. Against Lebanon, France played seriously during the whole game. Now we have to keep on playing this way and win Canada to assure our qualification.

What can you tell us about Andrew Albicy ?
I’ve never seen him play before. I saw him for the first time against Spain when he substituted to Nando (De Colo) who was in difficulty. I was happily surprised like a lot of people. In spite of his lack of experience at this level, he stayed cool. He did a great job.

How’s your preparation doing ?
Since August 1st, I’m in Los Angeles. I practice 3hrs a day and I scrupulously follow the Spurs program. From 9 to 10.30 I practice shooting with Chip Engelland. He hired a 6.11 player to force me practice rainbow shots. Chip is away this week and Jacque Vaughn stood in for him. He joined the Spurs staff this summer. It’s gonna be nice to work with my former teammate. Anyway, I was lucky to play with different players this month like Mike Dunleavy Junior, DeJuan Blair or Brent Barry. It was very rewarding.

After a month of hard work, did you improve ?
When you shoot a hundred times a day during a month you obviously improve. At least that ‘s how I feel. Besides basketball, I do physical training from 10.30 to 12.00. The Spurs physical trainer makes all my body work. It’s an exhausting work out but very nice though. It’s the first time since I started NBA that I work so hard in the summertime. But all the NBA players who want to improve and come back even better every season go through this.

When will you stop ?
We stop on September 17th since I’ll be in France the day after. I’m going to my brothers’ games Pierre (on the 18th in Cergy) and Terrence (on the 25th in Orchies). Besides, I’ll attend a charity dinner with Eva (« Par cœur » Gala on September 20th) and some various sponsor operations. Of course, I’ll spend some time in Lyon. I’ll be there on Thursday 23rd and leave on Saturday morning. So I‘ll be at the home game of the Euroleague Qualifying round. And then I’ll go back to San Antonio to start practice on September 29th.

Parker2112
08-31-2010, 09:05 AM
100 shots a day for a month and a half?

Doesnt Kobe do a 1000 shots a day every day for life :depressed

DAF86
08-31-2010, 09:06 AM

No.

alchemist
08-31-2010, 09:50 AM
No.
correct. He shoots 10,000 :toast

Lebowski Brickowski
08-31-2010, 09:57 AM
Sounds like Tony is gonna sign somewhere else next summer.

:stirpot:

nkdlunch
08-31-2010, 09:57 AM
lol

100 shots a day is like 10 minutes of shooting a day. WTF??

Parker2112
08-31-2010, 09:59 AM
lol

100 shots a day is like 10 minutes of shooting a day. WTF??

thats what I was thinking. For a guy with a shot like Tony's, especially following the regression last year, I can't say hes doing enough...

BG_Spurs_Fan
08-31-2010, 10:02 AM
thats what I was thinking. For a guy with a shot like Tony's, especially following the regression last year, I can't say hes doing enough...

Relax, at least he's got Jacque Vaughn to teach him how to shoot :lol

Chieflion
08-31-2010, 10:04 AM
100 shots in 1.5 hours? Naw, that's ridiculously little for that amount of time.

Bruno
08-31-2010, 10:06 AM
It's just a bad translation.

The original sentence is: "Quand on shoote plusieurs centaines de fois par jour depuis un mois, il y a obligatoirement une amélioration"

The correct translation is:
"When you shoot many hundred times a day for a a month, there is automatically an improvement"

Parker2112
08-31-2010, 10:15 AM

The original sentence is: "Quand on shoote plusieurs centaines de fois par jour depuis un mois, il y a obligatoirement une amélioration"

"When you shoot many hundred times a day for a a month, there is automatically an improvement"

maybe so, but 1.5 hours doesnt seem like enough for Tony.

Bruno
08-31-2010, 10:19 AM
maybe so, but 1.5 hours doesnt seem like enough for tony.

rif.

Bruno
08-31-2010, 10:25 AM
Some true new great material for the Parker haters (I like them, they are so ridiculous).

Parker in today's newspaper:

Do you regret you choice of not playing the World championship?
I'm a little sad but deep inside of me, I know I've made the right choice. My body needed this break. As a result, I'm feeling damn great now. I will be with the NT next summer and the five following years because there are a lot to do with the Eurobasket, Olympic games, the 2014 world championship and maybe the 2015 Eurobasket if France get the hosting. And what the French national team does this summer, promises a good future. I'm so happy to see Ian Mahinmi playing like that. I'm really proud of him."

:corn:

Parker2112
08-31-2010, 10:45 AM
maybe so, but 1.5 hours doesnt seem like enough for Tony.

rif.

From 9 to 10.30 I practice shooting with Chip Engelland
?

stnick2261
08-31-2010, 11:24 AM
I know the Spurs have a shooting drill where you take a hundred 3-pointers from around the line. I remember there was an article about it... Brent Barry had the record for 96/100 made and I don't remember if it was broken by someone.

Point is..... 100 shots is nothing if that's just 1 drill during the course of a workout.

Parker2112
08-31-2010, 11:27 AM
Some true new great material for the Parker haters (I like them, they are so ridiculous).

I will be with the NT next summer and the five following years

= no plans of returning to Spurs.

:wakeup

DesignatedT
08-31-2010, 11:29 AM
wow. now people are bitching about how the guy is working out in the summer. ridiculous.

DesignatedT
08-31-2010, 11:31 AM
= no plans of returning to Spurs.

:wakeup

If he stays healthy during the Spurs season then there would be no reason for him to sit out NT play. As long as he stays healthy for the Spurs than he will probably play for them. Only thing keeping him out this year was the many injuries he had during the regular season.

alchemist
08-31-2010, 11:35 AM

Do you regret you choice of not playing the World championship?
I'm a little sad but deep inside of me, I know I've made the right choice. My body needed this break. As a result, I'm feeling damn great now. I will be with the NT next summer and the five following years because there are a lot to do with the Eurobasket, Olympic games, the 2014 world championship and maybe the 2015 Eurobasket if France get the hosting. And what the French national team does this summer, promises a good future. I'm so happy to see Ian Mahinmi playing like that. I'm really proud of him."

:corn:
:lol it's been a fun ride Tony, have a great time in New York :toast

Parker2112
08-31-2010, 11:36 AM
wow. now people are bitching about how the guy is working out in the summer. ridiculous.

Parker's work ethic has been on full display since our last championship. Just watch his jumper...you know he stopped working on it a few years back. Parker fans would dispute that. But how can you disputes tony's words?

It’s the first time since I started NBA that I work so hard in the summertime.

DesignatedT
08-31-2010, 11:37 AM
Parker's work ethic has been on full display since our last championship. Just watch his jumper...you know he stopped working on it a few years back. Parker fans would dispute that. But how can you disputes tony's words?

His jumper has done nothing but improve over the years.... are you serious?

Parker2112
08-31-2010, 11:39 AM
If he stays healthy during the Spurs season then there would be no reason for him to sit out NT play. As long as he stays healthy for the Spurs than he will probably play for them. Only thing keeping him out this year was the many injuries he had during the regular season.

he himself said that after thirty, he would be hesitant to play in the summer.

This 180 tells me everything I need to know.

Parker2112
08-31-2010, 11:40 AM
His jumper has done nothing but improve over the years.... are you serious?

it peaked and went away again. Last year his jumper looked like it did his first few years in the league.

You seriously didn't notice?

Parker2112
08-31-2010, 11:41 AM
in '09 we will never know if his shot was still there, because he spent all his time driving to the cup.

DesignatedT
08-31-2010, 11:43 AM
it peaked and went away again. Last year his jumper looked like it did his first few years in the league.

He was in and out forced to injuries all season last year, including a broken bone in his hand... and did you not watch the dallas series? his jump shot was what ultimately won and closed out game 3 of that series.

lefty
08-31-2010, 11:49 AM
He is going to NY

:D

Cane
08-31-2010, 11:50 AM
Imo it was no real surprise that Tony Parker would remain patriotic and want to play for France after this offseason, I think he said as much earlier as well. Also according to that Sports Illustrated article 2-3 weeks back and David Aldridge, Parker has already declined contract extension talks FWIW.

Yea that number seems low, maybe its a slip up from Tony in the interview. Or if he's doing these shots: "He hired a 6.11 player to force me practice rainbow shots"; then its a little more understandable. Sounds like he's trying to get some of Rondo's crazy off the glass shots and that kind of practice would be pretty tiring.

Parker2112
08-31-2010, 11:50 AM
After the injury he gets a bye.

Start of the season his shot was awful. I couldnt understand why, because he had just spent part of his summer playing for France. You would think his shot wouldve been falling but at seasons start, the shot was way off.

That says a lot, because summers are where you raise your game. Or not.

Obstructed_View
08-31-2010, 12:07 PM
How’s your preparation doing ?
Since August 1st, I’m in Los Angeles. I practice 3hrs a day and I scrupulously follow the Spurs program. From 9 to 10.30 I practice shooting with Chip Engelland. He hired a 6.11 player to force me practice rainbow shots. Chip is away this week and Jacque Vaughn stood in for him. He joined the Spurs staff this summer. It’s gonna be nice to work with my former teammate. Anyway, I was lucky to play with different players this month like Mike Dunleavy Junior, DeJuan Blair or Brent Barry. It was very rewarding.

What a dirty trick. They should have gotten someone taller. You don't learn much shooting rainbows over JV.

DesignatedT
08-31-2010, 12:28 PM
let it go

romain.star
08-31-2010, 12:31 PM
He is going to NY

hope so

Parker2112
08-31-2010, 12:39 PM
When Kobe was developing his jumper he'd spend his offseason making 2,000 shots a day. Not taking. Making.

With one ball and one rebounder, Kobe can make 500 shots in about 60 minutes.

Kobe has the best shot I've ever seen, bar none.

Mel_13
08-31-2010, 12:42 PM
kobe has the best shot i've ever seen, bar none.

6-24

Parker2112
08-31-2010, 12:45 PM
Kobe is entering his "last legs" phase.

portnoy1
08-31-2010, 12:55 PM
in '09 we will never know if his shot was still there, because he spent all his time driving to the cup.
I remember 08-09. His jumpshot was really good, thats why he was able to get to the cup so much in the first place. They would set up behind the screen and he would hit pretty consistently. The only other time I see him hit that many jumpers was during the first round series against the grizzlies in 04'.

rmt
08-31-2010, 01:11 PM
When Kobe was developing his jumper he'd spend his offseason making 2,000 shots a day. Not taking. Making.

With one ball and one rebounder, Kobe can make 500 shots in about 60 minutes.
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/366456-the-difference-between-kobe-and-lebron-is-that-kobe-works
This is all that was necessary for this thread. You didn't need to post all that. Tired of seeing so many threads turn into Kobe threads.

ffadicted
08-31-2010, 01:19 PM

100 a day is actually pretty pathetic, I do that just fooling around before pickup games lol

portnoy1
08-31-2010, 01:23 PM
How many did George Hill take? Thats the question that we should be asking. Parker should follow that pattern. Look at the difference that george hill made in a season on simply his 3pt shot alone.

Parker2112
08-31-2010, 01:24 PM
Message to Tony:
Unless you: 1. pick that number up over 1000; or 2. are willing to lie about your summertime shot count, then please stop telling us about your summer workouts and plans to play for the NT in press.

portnoy1
08-31-2010, 01:25 PM
Message to Tony:
Unless you: 1. pick that number up over 1000; or 2. are willing to lie about your summertime shot count, then please stop telling us about your summer workouts and plans to play for the NT in press.
This

rmt
08-31-2010, 01:34 PM
:nope

Now you want to tell me what and how to post.:lol
I know :blah I should apologize, but regret wasting a few minutes of my life reading all that.

Spurs7794
08-31-2010, 01:45 PM

Ummm, after our 2007 championship, he became our go-to player when it comes to getting a big jumpshot to go down. He closed out Phoenix in 08 with two big jumpers, hit a HUGE jumper in game 7 against NO when the rest of the Spurs were choking, and hit HUGE jumpers late in all the home games against Dallas last year. Quit blindly hating.

Parker2112
08-31-2010, 03:06 PM
Ummm, after our 2007 championship, he became our go-to player when it comes to getting a big jumpshot to go down. He closed out Phoenix in 08 with two big jumpers, hit a HUGE jumper in game 7 against NO when the rest of the Spurs were choking, and hit HUGE jumpers late in all the home games against Dallas last year. Quit blindly hating.

check the percentages. he dropped from like 48 to 42%.

Brazil
08-31-2010, 08:30 PM
some posters should read the posts of other ST members before posting:

Kori Ellis
08-31-2010, 08:36 PM
It's amazing how many people didn't read Bruno's post and just continued to bash Parker because of a bad translation :lol

He said MANY HUNDRED TIMES A DAY.

DPG21920
08-31-2010, 08:55 PM
TP is going to have a beast of a year. If the Spurs are going to have a chance, it will be because TP is going to play out of this world. Of course the Spurs will need many other players to step up and a few surprises (Anderson, Tiago, Blair...), but TP will beast.

Parker2112
08-31-2010, 09:47 PM
It's amazing how many people didn't read Bruno's post and just continued to bash Parker because of a bad translation :lol

He said an hour and a half a day.

pretty weak. :wakeup

DesignatedT
08-31-2010, 10:31 PM
Spurs go as far as TP takes them this year. People need to realize this.

Parker2112
09-01-2010, 01:41 AM
Spurs go as far as TP takes them this year. People need to realize this.

This assumes none of the young guys has a break out year. This assumes that Timmy wont be a new man with reduced minutes following Splitter Addition.

Besides: for one, he has to produce...its a contract year; for two he is gone after this year. He is pushing the issue at every turn, talking about playing with France from here out, talking like he is one and done in interviews.

Let him perform for us this year, but he is not coming back.

JWest596
09-01-2010, 01:58 AM
Still one of the quickest shits driving in the paint.

Unless a kitchen sink is thrown at Parker, IMO, he's a Spur as long as Duncan is here. This could be Duncan's last year as every season from here on out could be.

The Dark Days are coming sooner than later

ThaiFanofSpurs
09-01-2010, 03:45 AM
TP can't give any interview to the media. The false translation and his honest opinion can always give TP haters something to complain about him. I personally think he is going to beast this coming season. He is a very competitive player. Anyway, I'd rather wait and see how he performs when it comes. GSG

Pauleta14
09-01-2010, 09:00 AM
He said an hour and a half a day.

pretty weak. :wakeup

... followed by 1,5 hour working on his body with the spurs physical trainer!

It's enough if you do that everyday, so it gives his body time to rest for the following day... (during 1 month!)

If you train too much, you'll end by hurting your body!

The goal for TP is to be ready entering the training camp. He had to, first rest his body, then be in shape and work on his jump shot.

That's what he has done/he is doing so far...

ps/ quality is better than quantity! remember the progress he's made 2 years ago when he worked on his mid range shot with Chip England! and apparently he didn't work as much as this summer!

+ I'm sure that watching the FN team play (well!) without him along with his last contract year has made him hungrier than ever... I love it!

Stop bitching and look at the positive side of things sometimes!!

anakha
09-01-2010, 09:34 AM
Stop bitching and look at the positive side of things sometimes!!

ST wouldn't be ST if someone wasn't bitching about something at any given time.

Mel_13
09-01-2010, 10:57 AM
going to practice!!

http://twitter.com/tp9network

TimmehC
09-01-2010, 11:28 AM
going to practice!!

http://twitter.com/tp9network

It's too late in the day. He should have been practicing the moment the sun came up.

DesignatedT
09-01-2010, 11:34 AM
It's too late in the day. He should have been practicing the moment the sun came up.

:lol

Whisky Dog
09-01-2010, 01:27 PM
You people are an embarrassment. The bad thing for TP I'd that even though Spurs fans as displayed here are bitches, the ones in NY, once given hope, will stalk his house or uptown pad just to heckle him. Good luck with that garçon.

Parker2112
09-01-2010, 01:56 PM
Look at the bright side?

As far as I am concerned, there is no wear and tear from shooting drills in the summer, the body doesnt need recovery from working on your shot to the tune of a few hours.

Bottom line: 1.5 hours a day on your shot, after the year he had last year, and considering this is his contract year, IS NOT SHIT. And the fact that he admits this is the hardest he has ever worked in a summer?

Puts it right over the top.

You Hard-core Parker fans, just realize that even Pop rides the shit out of Parker and always has...ask yourselves why? Could it be a lack of work ethic? Could it be a lack of propensity to play D?

He's blessed as someone who can drive to the hole with unstoppable speed. But this regimen sucks, IMHO.

cheguevara
09-01-2010, 01:58 PM
yeah I don't understand whats with mexicans hating on TP. Does it have something to do with French colonization in Mexico or something?

Parker2112
09-01-2010, 02:03 PM
Tony catches hell from Pop, Tony catches hell from fans, but none of it is his fault I'm sure.

DPG21920
09-01-2010, 02:20 PM
Look at the bright side?

As far as I am concerned, there is no wear and tear from shooting drills in the summer, the body doesnt need recovery from working on your shot to the tune of a few hours.

Bottom line: 1.5 hours a day on your shot, after the year he had last year, and considering this is his contract year, IS NOT SHIT. And the fact that he admits this is the hardest he has ever worked in a summer?

You Hard-core Parker fans, just realize that even Pop rides the shit out of Parker and always has...ask yourselves why? Could it be a lack of work ethic? Could it be a lack of propensity to play D?

He's blessed as someone who can drive to the hole with unstoppable speed. But this regimen sucks, IMHO.

Not everyone works like Kobe. In fact most don't. So I guess they all suck. Could it be TP needs a coach like Pop? Could it be he was very young and Pop wanted to push him?

Parker plays very good defense when it calls for it. His job is to score points and run the offense.

Cane
09-01-2010, 02:43 PM
I thought that 1.5 hours was for physical training which doesn't necessarily mean thats the same time he uses to work on his shot. Physical training usually means crazy runs, weightlifting, etc.

DPG21920
09-01-2010, 02:49 PM
People are getting hung up on semantics. He is working hard, what ever that may be. He has worked hard enough to elevate his game since he entered the league, enough to be a finals MVP.

So if he says he is working harder than ever before, that is a good thing.

Bruno
09-01-2010, 03:00 PM
This thread delivers.

The funniest is people thinking they make strong arguments while they are just so funny with all their nonsenses. Even if you haven't realized it, you're funnier than most of the trolls. So, please, keep posting.

Brazil
09-01-2010, 03:04 PM
Tony catches hell from Pop, Tony catches hell from fans, but none of it is his fault I'm sure.
:lol

Parker2112 is the best parker hater, the hate is strong on him ! I like this thread, one of the best TP thread: lol wait wtf he is shooting only 100 a day ? only 1,5 hour practicing ? ... priceless

Parker2112
09-01-2010, 03:19 PM
Some fans appreciate TP's star qualities, and premier scoring abilities. For them them the glass is 9/10ths full.

Some, like myself, are fans of the Spurs' grit, determination, team-play, lock-down defense, and work ethic. For us, Tony's glass will always be half-empty.

It is in the starry-eyes of fan boys however, fans who refuse to ever admit the guy has blatant shortcomings, that these debates get sparked.

But I will be real curious if any hardcore tp fans change their tune when Tony bolts next year. :wakeup

DPG21920
09-01-2010, 03:39 PM
What short comings? I mean what are you referring to that almost every player does not have?

Tony is one of the grittiest Spurs there are. He gets hit, gets back up. He gets hit, he keeps driving. He brings great energy.

He can lock people up on defense when he is focused on it and the team as a whole is mediocre at defense, so do you see them all as "half empty"?

He worked on adding a jump shot and morphed into a finals MVP.

Whether or not he bolts, your criticisms of his game are inaccurate. Sure, there are things he could work on and he is not the best at everything, but all players have that. TP is an elite point guard and the Spurs are lucky to have him for now.

Chomag
09-01-2010, 03:43 PM
Tony Parker working hard to improve his game is never something I worry about him.

cantthinkofanything
09-01-2010, 03:44 PM
yeah I don't understand whats with mexicans hating on TP. Does it have something to do with French colonization in Mexico or something?

It has something to do with the French "colonization" of Eva Longoria.

Parker2112
09-01-2010, 03:58 PM
What short comings? I mean what are you referring to that almost every player does not have?

Tony is one of the grittiest Spurs there are. He gets hit, gets back up. He gets hit, he keeps driving. He brings great energy.

He can lock people up on defense when he is focused on it and the team as a whole is mediocre at defense, so do you see them all as "half empty"?

He worked on adding a jump shot and morphed into a finals MVP.

Whether or not he bolts, your criticisms of his game are inaccurate. Sure, there are things he could work on and he is not the best at everything, but all players have that. TP is an elite point guard and the Spurs are lucky to have him for now.

He is gritty, I will give him that...his lack of D when he isnt focused is the glass half full. Too many guys have lit him up with career nights...jameer nelson, fisher, steve blake, arron brooks, the list goes on...

he worked on his jumpshot, yes. Then he let his jumpshot go. If he had kept it up, his injuries wouldnt have hurt him as bad last year, as he would have had an alternative to the drive. And Im talking about before the hand became an issue.

TP is a great scoring PG. But he hasnt earned my undying devotion. And I aint the only one.

Brazil
09-01-2010, 04:00 PM
Some fans appreciate TP's star qualities, and premier scoring abilities. For them them the glass is 9/10ths full.

Some, like myself, are fans of the Spurs' grit, determination, team-play, lock-down defense, and work ethic. For us, Tony's glass will always be half-empty.

It is in the starry-eyes of fan boys however, fans who refuse to ever admit the guy has blatant shortcomings, that these debates get sparked.

But I will be real curious if any hardcore tp fans change their tune when Tony bolts next year. :wakeup

what the fuck are you talking about ? are you seriously questionning TP grit and determination ? really ?.... :lmao

whatever u're a funny dude

lefty
09-01-2010, 04:04 PM

One hundred time a day ?

Brazil
09-01-2010, 04:07 PM
TP is a great scoring PG. But he hasnt earned my undying devotion. And I aint the only one.

You are the only one who is questioning his work ethic, his grit, his determination... Nobody is saying here that TP is god but he is a great player. He is a hard worker: in 9 seasons I think he never missed a single PO game, you cannot do that if your work ethic is not good. He is clutch...

man I don't know why I'm arguing with you anyway... you trolled me:lol

Parker2112
09-01-2010, 04:28 PM
You are the only one who is questioning his work ethic, his grit, his determination... Nobody is saying here that TP is god but he is a great player. He is a hard worker: in 9 seasons I think he never missed a single PO game, you cannot do that if your work ethic is not good. He is clutch...

man I don't know why I'm arguing with you anyway... you trolled me:lol

Man I havent even responded to your attacks. All Ive done is express my opinion. You have attacked those views from the jump.

Only now do I even acknowledge your attacks...and I am the troll?

You are an I-heart-TP troll :lol

lurker23
09-01-2010, 04:41 PM
This thread is even more ridiculous than most TP hate threads.

Despite the fact that he already has multiple All-Star appearances and a Finals MVP, the dude is working his butt off during the summer. He is even working on parts of his game, like his jump shot, that have been quite good recently.

If you're truly a Spurs fan and this isn't good enough for you, then I hope you enjoy the significant step backwards the Spurs take if Tony leaves next summer.

TDMVPDPOY
09-01-2010, 04:45 PM
If you're truly a Spurs fan and this isn't good enough for you, then I hope you enjoy the significant step backwards the Spurs take if Tony leaves next summer.

what happens if we win a ring when his in NY? its not like his going to win any in NY...

Parker2112
09-01-2010, 04:51 PM
This thread is even more ridiculous than most TP hate threads.

Despite the fact that he already has multiple All-Star appearances and a Finals MVP, the dude is working his butt off during the summer.

sorry man...4 hours a day is not "busting his butt." We need to find out what Hill is doing this summer by comparison. TP is still better than Hill, but I would be suprised if Hill hasnt been working harder than this for longer.

And this is harder than TP's ever worked?

He is even working on parts of his game, like his jump shot, that have been quite good recently.

Heaven forbid a multi-million dollar salary warrant working on the jump shot during the summer :lol

cantthinkofanything
09-01-2010, 04:52 PM
what happens if we win a ring when his in NY? its not like his going to win any in NY...

Come on. Stoudemire, Parker, Melo. What could possibly go wrong.

Pauleta14
09-01-2010, 05:42 PM
Look at the bright side?

When I said his body has to rest, I was talking after the physical training, not after the shooting drill...

I'm not a "hardcore Parker fan" my favoritespur in Manu (by far!), but as a hardcore spurs fan, I know what he can bring when haelthy and I'm fine with that, he can still score at will in the paint and has an above average mid-range jump shot that has proven to be clutch.

You're talking about D ? really?

When he started guarding Nash last PO, Nash stoped scoring at will!
Anybody who has followed the spurs know that Tony has a very good D when it matters, espacially in front of quick PG!
In fact, he is the only one on the team who can stay in front of them and match their speed.

If Pop is/used to scream after Parker, it's first because TP can handle it and then because YES he can be lasy sometimeson D during the regular season!
If you remember Tony from day one in SA, he has always been very confident, cold blooded, doesn't need to be reassured constantly.
Maybe George needs that...

gilmor
09-01-2010, 09:30 PM
Look at the bright side?

It's amazing with fans like this why Tony bothers to stay in San Antonio..

Every fucking thread on TP has turned into a bashing thread..

I wish TP all the best.. at New York Knicks.. Spurs not going to win any championship for another 5 years..

Parker2112
09-01-2010, 09:34 PM
It's amazing with fans like this why Tony bothers to stay in San Antonio..

I wish TP all the best.. at New York Knicks.. Spurs not going to win any championship for another 5 years..

If he cant handle the criticism in SA, he damn sure wont be comfortable in the Big Apple....where he wants to be anyway. The press there will eat him alive.

Parker2112
09-01-2010, 09:36 PM
Tony has very good D when it matters..

:sleep

Remind me if our team philosophy on D calls for selective effort. Remind me about how our D has fallen off in the last couple of years.

DPG21920
09-01-2010, 10:05 PM
So you dislike everyone on the Spurs, because it is not TP's defense that has fallen off.

Parker2112
09-01-2010, 10:12 PM
I hate our defensive effort, and honestly my enthusiasm toward the team has waned as a result. And I am most critical of Tony and Pop.

As far as the other players on this team, my current favs are Gino, Dice and Hill. All of whom will mix it up on D. Dice gets much respect because of his efforts on Dirk in last years playoffs.

I like Tiago's D from what I have seen. At least he stays in position.

DPG21920
09-01-2010, 10:15 PM
So basically, you hold TP to a higher standard because he is great.

Ice009
09-01-2010, 10:28 PM
People are getting hung up on semantics. He is working hard, what ever that may be. He has worked hard enough to elevate his game since he entered the league, enough to be a finals MVP.

So if he says he is working harder than ever before, that is a good thing.

I do recall years ago that Pop wasn't too keen on the work TP did in the off season. I seem to recall reading that one summer both Malik and TP worked hard that off season and Pop was more pleased with the work they put in as opposed to previous off seasons.

I'd say since then he's probably worked harder on his game during the off season. What do you think? If you had to guess do you think TP puts in a good amount of work during the off season?

I really think TP could be the best PG in the league or at the very least a top 3 if he wants to be and works as much as he can to get there.

I think his shooting has gone down too, but not sure if that is from a lack of work on his shot. Maybe TP needs to be the focal point of the offense to get the consistency in his shot like when he was shooting his best. He might not be the type of guy that can hit all his shots if he only takes a few a game like he did last season.

ajh18
09-01-2010, 11:09 PM
http://en.tp9.net/%C2%AB-i%E2%80%99m-happy-for-the-french-team-%C2%BB-374
After a month of hard work, did you improve ?
When you shoot a hundred times a day during a month you obviously improve. At least that ‘s how I feel. Besides basketball, I do physical training from 10.30 to 12.00. The Spurs physical trainer makes all my body work. It’s an exhausting work out but very nice though. It’s the first time since I started NBA that I work so hard in the summertime. But all the NBA players who want to improve and come back even better every season go through this.

Ok, so what I take from this is, Parker is shooting "many hundred times a day" (as the translation has been corrected) PLUS an hour and a half of hardcore physical training. Every day.

That's a very, very difficult regimen of 3-5 hours of daily work. And for those that say more time = better, this is completely wrong. Working harder, in (relatively) shorter intervals, and giving it 100% of your time and focus is much better than working all day at something, because it's not possible to give your whole focus to anything for that much sustained time. You don't retain information as well, work your muscles as hard, or have the necessary recovery time to let your body adjust to the work you're putting in.

This is especially true for someone coming off an injury-filled period. You dont WANT them over-extending themselves, but rather working hard, building up gradually, and being careful. Working too hard, too long, is the best way to wear your body down and RE-injure yourself.

This is a very intense work regimen, and I'm proud of Tony for doing it. I would be willing to bet it rivals anything any of the other spurs is doing: Manu, Tim, Hill, Blair, anyone. Can Parker get lackidasical sometimes? Of course. He's admitted as much, and that's why Pop stays on his ass. But that's not the case here.

PS: I think Vaughn stood in for CHIP, not the 6'11 dude that Tony was shooting over.

Parker2112
09-01-2010, 11:17 PM
So basically, you hold TP to a higher standard because he is great.

TP is great at one thing on the basketball court.

Even at his best in our glory days, his D was always the worst among the starting 5.

And it seems these days, he is less motivated than he has ever been.

Does anyone believe that if he was digging in on D in last years playoffs, he wouldve been on the bench at anytime? Even irrespective of how he affected chemistry?

howbouthemspurs
09-02-2010, 12:20 AM
You people are crazy! He said hes working out way more than he used to. Considering how good hes been for the spurs for almost a decade, he's only going to get better! he still in his freakin twenties! Ungrateful swines

ajh18
09-02-2010, 12:45 AM

Even at his best in our glory days, his D was always the worst among the starting 5.

Does anyone believe that if he was digging in on D in last years playoffs, he wouldve been on the bench at anytime? Even irrespective of how he affected chemistry?

Considering how he was better defending Nash than Hill was? Definitely.

Parker was on the bench because the Spurs had developed some chemistry, and he still wasn't at 100%. Thats it.

Man In Black
09-02-2010, 12:55 AM

You are so reaching here Rush Fan. When Bones started for the team, I don't think it'd be a reach to say that him, not TP, was weaker for defense. You don't think that TP's defense against Nash wasn't key to beating Phoenix all those times?
And in the DVDs when Pop tells Tim, Tony, & Manu that they all played magnificent defense, doesn't his critique reduce yours to utter shit?
Just asking, since....he's Pop and you, like me and many others here, are just fans.

gilmor
09-02-2010, 01:04 AM
If he cant handle the criticism in SA, he damn sure wont be comfortable in the Big Apple....where he wants to be anyway. The press there will eat him alive.

I don't see why u need to bash him so much..

How bout the other players?

RJ practically disappeared in last year play-offs..

Manu has been playing well last year but the year before he was MIA..

Tim's play was declining during the playoffs..

Hill practically disappeared in the playoff games vs Suns..

Why single out Parker and kept on bashing him?

Then how bout coach Pop.. he has to take some blame too, doesn't he?

What's wrong with Parker want to be at NYK? He has played for Spurs for 10 fucking years and has won 3 rings for the franchise? By the time Parker bolts for NYK, Tim would probably retire..

admiralsnackbar
09-02-2010, 03:16 AM
I, for one, appreciate Tony and his commitment to get better this summer. That said, I honestly believe he is going to leave us when his contract is up, so I'm starting the process of weaning myself of the expectation of his being a Spur. Not animosity as much as antipathy.

will_spurs
09-02-2010, 03:22 AM

Actually the Parker hate in this thread comes only from one troll, who has like 50% of the posts in this thread. It obviously doesn't reflect the view of the (very large) majority of posters here, who are actually defending and/or praising what TP is doing.

Pauleta14
09-02-2010, 09:52 AM
Actually the Parker hate in this thread comes only from one troll, who has like 50% of the posts in this thread. It obviously doesn't reflect the view of the (very large) majority of posters here, who are actually defending and/or praising what TP is doing.

This!

This thread is actually ST against "Parker2112"... :lol

Parker2112
09-02-2010, 10:15 AM
I don't see why u need to bash him so much..

How bout the other players?

RJ practically disappeared in last year play-offs..

Manu has been playing well last year but the year before he was MIA..

Tim's play was declining during the playoffs..

Hill practically disappeared in the playoff games vs Suns..

Why single out Parker and kept on bashing him?

Then how bout coach Pop.. he has to take some blame too, doesn't he?

What's wrong with Parker want to be at NYK? He has played for Spurs for 10 fucking years and has won 3 rings for the franchise? By the time Parker bolts for NYK, Tim would probably retire..

All I said was he should be doing more than 1.5 hours of shooting a day. It erupted when the I-Heart_TP police swooped in to defend en masse. Think about that a bit. This whole thing is not a reaction to TP, but to the TP-police.

RJ played better with TP on the bench. There is a reason for that. Not that TP is a ball hog, just that TP's play doesnt accomodate others who cant shoot the three.

Manu made stupid choices in playing for Argentina, and we all paid the price. Does that make you feel better?

Timmy is old. He has no lateral movement. He has no lift. He can no longer protect the bucket. Remind me TP's excuse for not playing D again?

Hill is not capable of leading us deep into the playoffs just yet. But hey, TP got bailed out by Claxton back in his younger days, so maybe you call it full circle for him.

And Pop is killing us.
But the therad is about TP, not Pop.

Parker2112
09-02-2010, 10:29 AM
All I said was he should be doing more than 1.5 hours of shooting a day. It erupted when the I-Heart_TP police swooped in to defend en masse. Think about that a bit. This whole thing is not a reaction to TP, but to the TP-police.

Let me say this...

I dont hate TP. I think TP is a top 10 point guard in the league and at the end of the day we are lucky to have him.

WHAT I HATE, IS BLIND TP FANS THAT INSIST ON EVERYONE ELSE CONFORMING TO BLIND FANDOM AS WELL.

FOR ALL YOU TP-LOVE-TROLLS, you dont have to ridicule anyone and everyone who says a single negative thing about TP. You are stirring shit up when you do that shit.

That only creates division on this board.

SO I said he needed to practice his shot more this summer...SO FUGGIN WHAT? Please go back to licking your signed TP poster, tp fanboys and girls...nothing to see here...:lol

cantthinkofanything
09-02-2010, 10:45 AM
Let me say this...

I dont hate TP. I think TP is a top 10 point guard in the league and at the end of the day we are lucky to have him.

WHAT I HATE, IS BLIND TP FANS THAT INSIST ON EVERYONE ELSE CONFORMING TO BLIND FANDOM AS WELL.

FOR ALL YOU TP-LOVE-TROLLS, you dont have to ridicule anyone and everyone who says a single negative thing about TP. You are stirring shit up when you do that shit.

SO I said he needed to practice his shot more this summer...SO FUGGIN WHAT? Please go back to licking your signed TP poster, tp fanboys and girls...nothing to see here...:lol

+1
How can anyone (TP supporter or not) not agree that he needs to work on his shooting? He needs to work on it a bunch. He's not going to get any faster. At this point, it doesn't look like he's going to develop into a good assist man. So, the only thing left that he can really improve on is his shooting.

DesignatedT
09-02-2010, 11:22 AM
Let me say this...

Well you said a lot more than "Tony needs to work on his shot." You accused him of having poor work ethic and implied that since he wants to play with his NT that he no longer wants to be a spur.... These are the things that stir shit up and create division on the board. Every spur fan can agree that Tony should continue to improve his shot... just like every other player.

Parker2112
09-02-2010, 11:39 AM
Well you said a lot more than "Tony needs to work on his shot." You accused him of having poor work ethic and implied that since he wants to play with his NT that he no longer wants to be a spur.... These are the things that stir shit up and create division on the board. Every spur fan can agree that Tony should continue to improve his shot... just like every other player.

when you get pelted with ridicule after implying that TP needs to work on the shot more than 1.5 hrs a day, things sometimes get argumentative...

Besides, think about what your saying here: I criticize Tony and create division. I get ridiculed by Tony die-hards, and that creates division.

Whats the difference here? Who is the subject of the criticism in each instance?

And its not just me, but anyone that speaks on TP's shortcomings.

There is a huge difference in these two scenarios. Criticizing a player vs ridiculing a poster/posters for honest opinion. Which creates more fragmentation among this community?

Pauleta14
09-02-2010, 12:16 PM
But hey, TP got bailed out by Claxton back in his younger days, so maybe you call it full circle for him.

:lmao:lmao

You mean a 20 years old TP, who was almost MVP after 3 games of the finals (against Kidd at his best), who started the whole 82 reg season games and finaly choked during the last quarter of the last 2 games?!

What an argument!! :lol
How can you compare him to George?

Anytime you bring facts, you lose more credibility (if you still have some).

You're wrong when you think we are TP homers or anything, we all know he is not perfect and has a lot of room for improvement, but hey what he already brings/brang isn't that bad for our team, is it? (3 rings remember?)

YOU are the one that make us defend TP with your constant hate...

At least, you'd would be more respected if you assumed that, instead of saying you don't hate him, he's a top 10 PG... :lol

Pauleta14
09-02-2010, 12:17 PM
+ I have to give you the fact that you are a very good entertainer!

thks for that

Parker2112
09-02-2010, 12:22 PM
Cue one of the resident "I/Heart/TP" Trolls I was refferring to...

cantthinkofanything
09-02-2010, 01:36 PM
:lmao:lmao

You mean a 20 years old TP, who was almost MVP after 3 games of the finals (against Kidd at his best), who started the whole 82 reg season games and finaly choked during the last quarter of the last 2 games?!

What an argument!! :lol
How can you compare him to George?

Anytime you bring facts, you lose more credibility (if you still have some).

You're wrong when you think we are TP homers or anything, we all know he is not perfect and has a lot of room for improvement, but hey what he already brings/brang isn't that bad for our team, is it? (3 rings remember?)

YOU are the one that make us defend TP with your constant hate...

At least, you'd would be more respected if you assumed that, instead of saying you don't hate him, he's a top 10 PG... :lol

If he loses a half step, he's not even a top 20 PG.

Man In Black
09-02-2010, 02:11 PM
If he loses a half step, he's not even a top 20 PG.

Doesn't that depend more of fit and use, as opposed to just physical attributes?

Case and point, Derek Fisher. I hate the guy but appreciate his ethic. He doesn't have speed, he isn't a really good passer, and while he hits a "timely" J more often than not, his percentages aren't great but the truth is that Bean hasn't won a title without Fish.

Besides, we are talking about TP here, him losing half a step is still faster than Steve Nash, and Nash ain't a speedster at all, yet he finds a way to get inside. TP's jumpshot, nowadays, is much better than that flat-footed set shot he showed us early.

Let me play advocate here and ask the following: If I told you that TP's workouts are the hardest amongst all the Spurs, would that make it better?

Last year, Duncan barely touched a basketball in the summer time, opting to go swimming long distances in the pool to give his body time to heal. No one ever bitched about that. Same thing with Manu. No National Team Play plus making sure that his lower legs got a longer break than usual. Even when Manu himself said that it through off his timing for a bit, no one bitched about that.

Yet, we get, at first, a poorly translated interview, and that causes this commotion? UNREAL. They guy is working out. How hard is debatable but it's a contract year, and come what may, he has to show the league how good he is. To the Spurs, he has to show he's worth a premium extension. That he fits better than anyone else they already have or could want to bring in. To the rest of the teams that want him, he has to show that he's healthy and has burst.

So what's changed other than his future as a Spur is in doubt? Nothing. He's still TP. He's still a fast PG with an ever-improving J. He's still married to a Desperate Houswife. So again...why the bitching?

cantthinkofanything
09-02-2010, 02:35 PM
Doesn't that depend more of fit and use, as opposed to just physical attributes?

It's only because of his physical attributes that he makes the top 10. Without his quickness, he's not even Beno Udrih.

Case and point, Derek Fisher. I hate the guy but appreciate his ethic. He doesn't have speed, he isn't a really good passer, and while he hits a "timely" J more often than not, his percentages aren't great but the truth is that Bean hasn't won a title without Fish.

Fisher doesn't eat up anywhere near the salary that Parker does and is about to. Fisher has much better range than Parker. Aside from Horry, I can't think of any other support players that hit big time threes like DF.

Besides, we are talking about TP here, him losing half a step is still faster than Steve Nash, and Nash ain't a speedster at all, yet he finds a way to get inside. TP's jumpshot, nowadays, is much better than that flat-footed set shot he showed us early.

Nash's bball iq is wayyyy higher than TP's. He also give provied a lot more options in the lane with his passing ability. Nash is also a dangerous 3 point shooter so the d has to come out on him.

Let me play advocate here and ask the following: If I told you that TP's workouts are the hardest amongst all the Spurs, would that make it better?

Last year, Duncan barely touched a basketball in the summer time, opting to go swimming long distances in the pool to give his body time to heal. No one ever bitched about that. Same thing with Manu. No National Team Play plus making sure that his lower legs got a longer break than usual. Even when Manu himself said that it through off his timing for a bit, no one bitched about that.

I don't think it's the same. Duncan and Ginobli are in their 30's. It will all be hindsight but after this season, we can look back and see just what Parker's 100 shots a day brought.

Man In Black
09-02-2010, 03:31 PM
CTOA is case and point, someone who doesn't read. It's hundreds of shots a day man. RECOGNIZE. You guys gotta fuckin' read from time to time ya know? Sometimes, when you use an online translator, SHIT GETS FUCKED UP in the translation. Your perception of just 100 shots is an incorrect one.

Everyone is always saying that Tony lacks the vision that Manu has, or that there other PGs who average more assists per game than him. Did you ever stop and think that TP plays the way he does because that's what he's told to do? Okay mensas, give me the last PG in Spurs uniform to average at least 8 assists per?

In 1995-96, Avery Johnson averaged 9.6 APG with Bob Hill as Coach. The next year was the injury year, then AJ averaged 6.8 APG. Then came Tim's Rookie Season and AJ's average went to 7.9. BUt you see, Pop sees that doesn't have to rely on just a PG to make plays. He now has Tim Duncan who can be a playmaker from the post. So let's do a side by side comparison:

98-99 Season
AJ 7.9 APG
TD 2.4 APG
99-00
AJ 6.0 APG
TD 3.2 APG
00-01
Antonio Daniels 3.8
Terry Porter 3.1
TD 3.0
01-02
TP 4.3 APG Rookie Year
TD 3.7 APG
02-03
TP 5.3 APG
TD 3.9 APG
03-04
TP 5.5 APG
TD 3.1 APG
EG 3.8 APG The Emergence of Manu as a playmaker.

The point I'm trying to emphasize to you whiners is that, the reason he plays the way he does is because, that's what's required of him. He doesn't average high assists like CP3 or Nash because his team is more balanced and there are other playmakers who can take advantage of his skills off-the-ball. That's something Phoenix is trying to do right now with the addition of Hedo Turkoglu. In Hedo's 1 season as a Spur, he averaged 1.9 Assists and just got higher average assists when he left for Orlando to as high as 5.0 per. Phoenix announced yesterday that they are hoping to play Steve Nash off-the-ball more beacuse of Hedo's point forward skills. Why do that? Because Steve is older and they have another playmaker in Hedo. Well, Besides TP, you have TD & Manu, you also have George Hill as playmakers and even Tiago Splitter can pass. That's what being BALANCED does. It makes the sum of your parts stronger than individual pieces. In essence, TP could probably average more points and assists, but with this roster of players...it's not required. If he gets more than he does, it's because he's answering to a shortcoming elsewhere on the team. Why he gets so much grief when all he does is everything that Pop wants him to is amazing to me. Some people just don't understand should bother to dig deeper for answers. Open your eyes and dig, you might learn something.

Parker2112
09-02-2010, 04:06 PM
I agree that TP does what he is asked. Thats the biggest thing I have against Pop. But then again, I think he crafts the gameplan based on his three stars...and that means surrounding TP and TD with shooters. Which the FO has failed to do....not clutch shooters anyway.

TP just doesnt really impress me personally.

He can score at will in the lane when healthy. Thats not impressive to me. So shoot me.

He'll never be a shut down defender. I like defensive minded guys. In Hindsight, Bruce Bowen might just be one of the best Spurs to ever lace em up. Thats just me.

TP will never be a facilitator for the offense, but rather the offense will always have to facilitate what he does. I like team play...I like a team that can continue to score when you shut down the number 1 and 2 option. So Im not that impressed seeing TP drive it again and again. I know its special, sure, but just not my cup of tea. Sue me.

But I have come to enjoy the Spurs over the years as a defensive minded club that will punch guys like Kobe in the mouth with hard-nosed defense. Thats the thing I love about our club. TP doesnt fit the bill for me.

And to make things worse, all his talk about leaving, going to New York etc, I dont care anymore what he winds up doing. I will be fine to see less talent on the court if the game is played with 110 percent. And if TP wants out, let him go.

Alain
09-02-2010, 04:21 PM
I agree that TP does what he is asked. Thats the biggest thing I have against Pop. But then again, I think he crafts the gameplan based on his three stars...and that means surrounding TP and TD with shooters. Which the FO has failed to do....not clutch shooters anyway.

He can score at will in the lane when healthy. Thats not impressive to me. So shoot me.

He'll never be a shut down defender. I like defensive minded guys. In Hindsight, Bruce Bowen might just be one of the best Spurs to ever lace em up. Thats just me.

TP will never be a facilitator for the offense, but rather the offense will always have to facilitate what he does. I like team play...I like a team that can continue to score when you shut down the number 1 and 2 option. So Im not that impressed seeing TP drive it again and again. I know its special, sure, but just not my cup of tea. Sue me.

But I have come to enjoy the Spurs over the years as a defensive minded club that will punch guys like Kobe in the mouth with hard-nosed defense. Thats the thing I love about our club. TP doesnt fit the bill for me.

And to make things worse, all his talk about leaving, going to New York etc, I dont care anymore what he winds up doing. I will be fine to see less talent on the court if the game is played with 110 percent. And if TP wants out, let him go.

To sum it up: you are biased, you admit it, and in the same time you keep on arguing like if you are not biased.
My advice: start a political career... (or a therapy).

cantthinkofanything
09-02-2010, 04:57 PM
Sometimes, when you use an online translator, SHIT GETS FUCKED UP in the translation.

He's right. I used an online translator to translate MIB's babble to French, then to German, then back to English. But I think it did get all the bad words correct.

CTOA is started case and, quelqu' the doesn' ; t read. It' ; hundred s of qu' shot; one day equip. RECOGNIZE again. They of the types have at fuckin' received; ; occasionally does the read know ya? Sometimes, if you use an on-line translator, the SHIT KEEPS UPWARD KISSED in the translation. Their perception of just now 100 projectiles is wrong. Everyone always gives qu' on; elegant lack of the conception, which has Manu, or which there l' other PGs, those the average of more d' make; Aids by play it. Decree never made for them and thinks that the TP the qu' kind plays; it makes, because that' ; s of which he' ; AG. indicated, in order to make? The correct mensas notify the last SIDE in the uniform teeth to me, around the average of 8 aids at least to make? In the year 1995-96 Avery Johnson made the average of 9.6 APG with the hill of Bob as a coach. L' next year was l' Damage year then made the average of 6.8 APG for AJ. Then Tim' came; ; inexperienced season of s and AJ' ; the average of s went to 7.9. But you see, noise see that doesn' ; t must be based on fairly a SIDE, in order to make plays. It has now Tim Duncan, which can be the playmaker mast. So let' ; s make coastal coast a comparison: 98-99 season AJ 7,9 APG LE TD 2,4 APG 99-00 AJ 6,0 APG LE TD 3,2 APG 00-01 Antonio Daniels 3,8 Bagagiste 3,1 de Terry Le TD 3,0 01-02 Année de novice de TP 4,3 APG LE TD 3,7 APG 02-03 TP 5,3 APG LE TD 3,9 APG 03-04 TP 5,5 APG LE TD 3,1 APG PAR EXEMPLE 3,8 APG l' Arise from Manu as more playmaker. The point I' ; m, which tries, to underline at you whiners is that one, the qu' reason; it plays the kind it makes is, because that' ; s what' ; s necessarily of it. It doesn' ; the high average of t helps as CP3 or Nash, because its team is more balanced, and it there at d' others playmakers, which can out its to Qualifikationsloin le boule use draw. That' ; s something phö anything does not try, in this time with l' to make; Addition of Hedo Turkoglu. In Hedo' ; the season S1 as tooth it did not make the average of 1.9 assistance and has just now higher average aids received, even if it left for Orlando at top, for the 5,0 exp. phö anything yesterday qu' announced; they hope, l' to play; to loin le boule of Steve Nash more considering of Hedo' ; the point of s way out of the qualifications. Why make that? Since Steve is older, and it another more playmaker in Hedo have. Well, without counting that the TP it & have; of the TD; Manu you have likewise the hill of George, as can turn into playmakers and even the divisor from Tiago. That' ; s of this qu' BALANCES made. It makes the sum of their stronger other pieces only pieces. Mainly the TP knew the average of more points and d' make probable; Aids, but with this role of the players… it' ; s not necessarily. S' it receives qu' to more; it makes, it' ; s because he' ; s answers to a weak point elsewhere over l' Team. Why it receives so much a suffering, if everything makes it, everything is, at that the noise it wants is amazing at me. Some fair don' ; t to cover would have to strive to dig more deeply for answers. Open your eyes and excavate, you could something learn.

Brazil
09-02-2010, 05:12 PM

Idk what impressed you then...

a short PG scoring at will in the lane in the midle of the nba bigs making him a 50% FG PG is not impressive ?

Concerning TP, there is not a lot of thing I'm impressed with but his corones and talent to go inside is one of them.

Man In Black
09-03-2010, 01:11 AM
CTOA...A mensa in the making. Spurs deciding to go more offense than defense was more a reflection of how the league was going. Outside of Boston, it seemed that the NBA wasn't letting physical play go for any team, even one with defensive pedigree like San Antonio. Maybe because the Spurs Q rating is low, or maybe because Manu's bald spot got bigger, or maybe it's because no one liked TD's skeleton shoes...who gives a fuck.
You have a top 10 PG who has played the game that you asked him to. He's not demanded anything other than saying that JKidd isn't needed in San Antonio and some you hate him for taking a few hundred jumpshots. Then why didn't you guys bitch about Tim's swimming or Manu's protracted rest break? Again...MENSAS, some of you are. At least in your own mind.
HEY CTOA, CAN YOU THINK OF ANOTHER SHTICK?

Pauleta14
09-03-2010, 02:17 PM
I agree that TP does what he is asked.

He can score at will in the lane when healthy. Thats not impressive to me.

:lmao:lmao:toast

you're the best, please keep it up!

The 2nd line is a HOF quote! impressive...

Parker2112
09-03-2010, 04:19 PM
:lmao:lmao:toast

you're the best, please keep it up!

The 2nd line is a HOF quote! impressive...

Learn about Basketball...scoring at will doesnt help when the opponent has been scoring on you at will as well all game and your legs start dying early in the fourth quarter. See 2008.

Your not a Spurs fan, Pauleta, you are a tp fan...just admit it.:wakeup

portnoy1
09-04-2010, 04:41 PM
[QUOTE=Parker2112;4609422]I agree that TP does what he is asked. Thats the biggest thing I have against Pop. But then again, I think he crafts the gameplan based on his three stars...and that means surrounding TP and TD with shooters. Which the FO has failed to do....not clutch shooters anyway.

And to make things worse, all his talk about leaving, going to New York etc, I dont care anymore what he winds up doing. I will be fine to see less talent on the court if the game is played with 110 percent. And if TP wants out, let him go.[/QU thats funny, i been sayin that since i been here. His numbers arent pure. He doesnt setup anybody but 3pt shooters an that (along with injury) are the reason he sucked last year. Dice/RJ/Bogans arent consistent 3pt shooters like Bonner/Finley/Mason Jr. Therefore since he isnt a great jumpshooter himself the spacing isnt good for TP to penetrate. TP is a quicker Jameer Nelson with a lesser shot. Pop tells him to be aggresive (drive it to score or pass out for the 3pt shot when double teamed). However, Tp is not good at taking 2-3 possesions to hook up non shooters like RJ/Blair. TP , good player? Heck Yeah. Good Pg? Servicable.