PDA

View Full Version : The Chicago Jazz could have been a contender this season

picc84
08-31-2010, 02:23 PM
http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/68921/20100831/nets_unwilling_to_offer_lopez_for_melo_as_denver_h ears_trade_offers/

The Nuggets have had discussions with the Bulls that center around Luol Deng and Taj Gibson.

Read more: http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/68921/20100831/nets_unwilling_to_offer_lopez_for_melo_as_denver_h ears_trade_offers/#ixzz0yDFaTUME

Imagine if Chi had held on to Kirk Hinrich, and then pulled off this trade. :wow

Rose
Hinrich
Melo
Boozer
Noah

That team competes for the LoB instead of the 2nd round ecstasy they're in now.

JamStone
08-31-2010, 02:35 PM
Would be a really good team but still wouldn't beat Miami or a healthy Boston.

picc84
08-31-2010, 02:37 PM
That team matches up with Miami about as well as anyone.

JamStone
08-31-2010, 03:12 PM
That's why he said "if they had held onto Hinrich."

JamStone
08-31-2010, 03:15 PM
That team matches up with Miami about as well as anyone.

I think that Bulls team would fare better against Miami than a healthy Boston team. You can't hide Boozer defensively against a healthy Boston team. And while Noah is a great hustle player, it's not like he can consistently hold his own in the low post against Shaq, JO, and Perkins. Brad Miller is a guy they'd miss more than Hinrich or even John Salmons against a healthy Boston team.

Realize I keep qualifying it with the word "healthy."

picc84
08-31-2010, 03:24 PM
Agreed. I don't think they beat Boston but Miami vs that Chi team is a tossup. They could have very reasonably been in the finals if they somehow avoided the Celtics.

And it would have been awesome to watch. That team would be the best mix of players complimenting each other in the league.

Chillen
08-31-2010, 03:40 PM
I don't think that's a bad deal for Denver (Deng/Taj for Melo) but they would probably want draft picks and there is no guarantee he stays with the Bulls. There is a pretty good team there in Chicago right now, but if the Bulls could pull that off they obviously have to consider it. Not getting my hopes up though, I'd say it's unlikely, Denver would want more.

Purch
08-31-2010, 06:07 PM
Lol.

I'm gonna lol once people realize exactly the type of player Boozer is:lol

Pelicans78
08-31-2010, 10:59 PM
I like the Bulls team right now. They're really solid at every position and their bench is looking solid as well. They should be an outstanding rebounding team and play strong defense with Brewer on board. Plus, Rose is still improving as a player and has guys who can finish around him. Boozer fits well with that team. He's not great, but he's very good and will give them plenty of production. He also has Noah to help him guard the taller players instead of playing alongside Millsap or Okur. Bulls should be a 50+ win team and Rose has the potential to make them better.

One drawback will be perimeter shooting. They have Korver, but not sure if he's enough.

Girasuck
09-01-2010, 09:16 AM
Lol.

I'm gonna lol once people realize exactly the type of player Boozer is:lol

All the smart fans on here already know about Boozer. The delusional fans still think he's the shit.

picc84
09-01-2010, 10:56 AM
He's only shit against the Lakers.

Purch
09-01-2010, 11:28 AM
He's only shit against the Lakers.
How wrong you are my friend.

How wrong you are.:lmao

Purch
09-01-2010, 11:29 AM
All the smart fans on here already know about Boozer. The delusional fans still think he's the shit.
Yep I really can't wait for next season :lmao