PDA

View Full Version : Houston Rockets

badfish22
09-01-2010, 02:22 AM
I was wondering what the consensus on them is? I haven't heard a lot of talk about them, they got some nice additions this offseason. Last year, they really looked good after the Ariza trade but unfortunately, Yao, who was playing OUTSTANDING basketball, was injured before the season started. Their core consits of: Ming, Brooks, Martin, Scola, Battier and Lowry. They added Lee and Brad Milller. Add in Yao Ming, if he ever gets back to playing anywhere near what he once was, and I think they could be a top 4 team in the West.

Thoughts?

BRHornet45
09-01-2010, 02:24 AM
http://cdn.holytaco.com/www/sites/default/files/images/2009/3211312067_326aee4e03_0.jpg

Darrin
09-01-2010, 03:12 AM
I was wondering what the consensus on them is? I haven't heard a lot of talk about them, they got some nice additions this offseason. Last year, they really looked good after the Ariza trade but unfortunately, Yao, who was playing OUTSTANDING basketball, was injured before the season started. Their core consits of: Ming, Brooks, Martin, Scola, Battier and Lowry. They added Lee and Brad Milller. Add in Yao Ming, if he ever gets back to playing anywhere near what he once was, and I think they could be a top 4 team in the West.

Thoughts?

I have a wait-and-see approach but I am very skeptical. They could be a top-four team in the Conference, but you could say that about 6 teams right now (Dallas, Denver, Portland, Houston, Utah, and Oklahoma City) and each team could determine how much of an accomplishment it would be to be top-four. It could just mean making the playoffs. There's a lot of questions with the Western Conference teams from 2-15.

I think Martin, Lowry, and Brooks is perhaps the smallest backourt in the league. I still think Courtney Lee would be a nice addition, but again, he's a small guard in a small unit. They might've made a mistake getting rid of Ariza because of that. Scola and a healthy Ming are great on the frontline. Shane Battier is Shane Battier--solid, tough, a leader, and hard to stop when the game is important. I'm not high on Miller--his lack of athleticism has really slowed him down the past two seasons or so. One player you didn't mention is Jordan Hill. He was a lottery pick last season that put up 6.4 pts and 5.0 rebs with Houston last year. He's raw, but he might be a nice banger next season which would help Ming and Scola. The same with Chuck Hayes.

bdictjames
09-01-2010, 04:18 AM
Can someone please tell everybody that Yao is his last name, and not Ming, thanks.

wireonfire
09-01-2010, 05:17 AM
Can someone please tell everybody that Yao is his last name, and not Ming, thanks.

forget it, dumbazzes will never learn

Chieflion
09-01-2010, 05:23 AM

The Chinese have their last name in front.

TDMVPDPOY
09-01-2010, 05:46 AM
top4 in the west? what crack u smoking man

Pelicans78
09-01-2010, 06:19 AM
They have a strong roster overall. Deep bench, good shooters, strong inside play, but so much depends on Yao's health. They don't have a real superstar, but a lot of good players. IFFFFF Yao is healthy, they have a chance to be a top 4 team.

MavDynasty
09-01-2010, 06:53 AM
They have a strong roster overall. Deep bench, good shooters, strong inside play, but so much depends on Yao's health. They don't have a real superstar, but a lot of good players. IFFFFF Yao is healthy, they have a chance to be a top 4 team.
:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:rollin:rollin:rollin:rol lin

djohn2oo8
09-01-2010, 07:49 AM
Healthy Yao = Top 4, Not Healthy = 8th seed.....Yao will be given the Shaq treatment on back to backs, and during the games he does play, he'll only be out there for 20-25 min max, with Hayes, Miller, Hill, and Patterson spelling his minutes. Lee backs up injury riddled Martin who should REALLY put on some weight. I would have liked to see how Ariza would cclick with Yao, but it was clear that he and Brooks had issues

The Franchise
09-01-2010, 07:52 AM
The Rockettes aren't shit, never have been shit, and will never be shit. :blah

ezau
09-01-2010, 08:03 AM
I just hope Yao can get back to 80-90 percent of what he was back in 08. It's great watching that guy play.

sefant77
09-01-2010, 08:24 AM
who cares, they wont stay healthy

Indazone
09-01-2010, 08:26 AM
http://cdn.holytaco.com/www/sites/default/files/images/2009/3211312067_326aee4e03_0.jpg

Self Portrait of the Hornets

JamStone
09-01-2010, 08:36 AM
I think the additions of Chris Bosh and Joe Johnson will be huge. Finding chemistry and staying healthy will be the biggest issues. But now they can match up with the Lakers because Joe Johnson matches up decently on Kobe and Bosh gives more athleticism and length to counter Pau. Should be a good playoff match-up if they meet.

Goran Dragic
09-01-2010, 08:49 AM
I have a wait-and-see approach but I am very skeptical. They could be a top-four team in the Conference, but you could say that about 6 teams right now (Dallas, Denver, Portland, Houston, Utah, and Oklahoma City) and each team could determine how much of an accomplishment it would be to be top-four. It could just mean making the playoffs. There's a lot of questions with the Western Conference teams from 2-15.

I think Martin, Lowry, and Brooks is perhaps the smallest backourt in the league. I still think Courtney Lee would be a nice addition, but again, he's a small guard in a small unit. They might've made a mistake getting rid of Ariza because of that. Scola and a healthy Ming are great on the frontline. Shane Battier is Shane Battier--solid, tough, a leader, and hard to stop when the game is important. I'm not high on Miller--his lack of athleticism has really slowed him down the past two seasons or so. One player you didn't mention is Jordan Hill. He was a lottery pick last season that put up 6.4 pts and 5.0 rebs with Houston last year. He's raw, but he might be a nice banger next season which would help Ming and Scola. The same with Chuck Hayes.

Double-Up
09-01-2010, 09:12 AM

Ah, the theiving mulatto fucks we saved during Katrina...nice looking out.

Double-Up
09-01-2010, 09:13 AM
I think the additions of Chris Bosh and Joe Johnson will be huge. Finding chemistry and staying healthy will be the biggest issues. But now they can match up with the Lakers because Joe Johnson matches up decently on Kobe and Bosh gives more athleticism and length to counter Pau. Should be a good playoff match-up if they meet.

Why yall haters still mad? I don't even remember anyone mentioning Joe Johnson but go ahead and get your laugh on...it's all good.

stretch
09-01-2010, 09:14 AM

Don't forget about the pending but almost guaranteed Carmello trade.

mountainballer
09-01-2010, 09:16 AM

don't know. but maybe the trade for Melo, that will be finalized soon - according to Rockets fans - will be the missing piece. JJ, CB and Melo. that's nice. and all they had to give up was Budinger, the expiring contract of Jeffries and a 2012 2nd round pick.

Pelicans78
09-01-2010, 10:18 AM
:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:rollin:rollin:rollin:rol lin

What's there to laugh about? That's why I said IFFFFF.

Goran Dragic
09-01-2010, 10:20 AM
There's no point in even saying if it happens. It's something that will never happen. It's an unrealistic hypothetical.

Pelicans78
09-01-2010, 10:22 AM
Ah, the theiving mulatto fucks we saved during Katrina...nice looking out.

LOL blaming Katrina for the high crime rate. You know how many illegal folks walk around the whole city and suburbs? Its out of control. Ask any of the construction workers a question and you get an answer in Spanish. What's your excuse for Pasadena being such a shithole?

Double-Up
09-01-2010, 11:24 AM
LOL blaming Katrina for the high crime rate. You know how many illegal folks walk around the whole city and suburbs? Its out of control. Ask any of the construction workers a question and you get an answer in Spanish. What's your excuse for Pasadena being such a shithole?

There is no excuse, it's a shithole cause it is what it is.

djohn2oo8
09-01-2010, 11:40 AM
ah, the theiving mulatto fucks we saved during katrina...nice looking out.

this!!!

The Franchise
09-01-2010, 11:52 AM

That joke wasn't funny 1.5 months ago when you told it for the 45th time. step your game up Jam.

JamStone
09-01-2010, 11:54 AM
That joke wasn't funny 1.5 months ago when you told it for the 45th time. step your game up Jam.

Which is the funnier joke?

Mine or "if Yao is healthy?"

The Franchise
09-01-2010, 11:56 AM
Well isn't Yao healthy at the moment? Kind of takes the funny out of it. I guess you win by default. :toast

djohn2oo8
09-01-2010, 12:03 PM
Well isn't Yao healthy at the moment? Kind of takes the funny out of it. I guess you win by default. :toast

then stop takin the bait

The Franchise
09-01-2010, 12:05 PM
then stop takin the bait

Why don't you stop involving yourself?

badfish22
09-01-2010, 01:45 PM
TBH take the trolling elsewhere. Im trying to have some legit basketball discussion with Darrin

djohn2oo8
09-01-2010, 01:46 PM
Why don't you stop involving yourself?

Why don't you go back to clutchfans?

redzero
09-01-2010, 01:48 PM
Self Portrait of the Hornets

Yeah, that doesn't make any sense at all.

The Franchise
09-01-2010, 02:05 PM
Why don't you go back to clutchfans?

Because I was here before you. For some reason you always seem to find a way to be a dick and I can't understand why.

DaDakota
09-01-2010, 03:22 PM
I think they are top 3 in the West with a healthy Yao and top 7 without him.

Again it all depends upon Yao, I am cautiously optimistic.

And whomever said they have a small backcourt...Brooks is not big...only 6' tall but Martin is 6'7"....and he is our starting SG.

DD

badfish22
09-01-2010, 03:23 PM
Was his injury serious? I can't even remember why he went down right now. I assume it was semi-serious if he missed the playoffs but it's not an Oden injury right?

Pelicans78
09-01-2010, 05:40 PM
They're not top 3 IMO. I still think Denver and Dallas are better. Spurs maybe too. Even a healthy Jazz team may end up better.