PDA

View Full Version : Importance of tonight's game

G-Nob
05-19-2005, 11:33 AM
Ok. I may be going overboard with this but there is a defining factor with this team that must be shown tonight with, in my opinion, a must win game 6. What have we been treated to in recent spurs playoff runs? We have been able to clamp down in close-out games. We've been shown that this team can finish an opponent when it needs to. The spurs need to prove this to us. Denver wasn't the same. The Nuggets didn't make the adjustments that were necessary. The closeout game was at home. This team needs to prove to itself that it has the killer instinct recent championship caliber teams have proven they've had in the past. This killer instinct needs to come out on the road, in a hostile environment, on national television. This game will tell us how we will fair the rest of the season. I say that because we can be certain that the killer instinct can show up with adversity, with phoenix, dallas, detroit or miami. Now we could drop game 6 and wrap it up in game 7 and it will all be minute. But that should worry spurs fans this year against the bigger foes that the killer instinct we've all come to know and love isn't so easy to find as it has been it other years. The black shoe has been applied to the throat of the sonics. Its time to step down.