09-01-2010, 10:10 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5518740

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao Ducks

Trainwreck2100
09-01-2010, 10:23 AM
I'll lol if he goes to Buffalo, good luck peter panning coeds there

jack sommerset
09-01-2010, 11:33 AM
Cowboys should see if they can get him. Kitna sucks.

4>0rings
09-01-2010, 12:15 PM
Mcgee > Kitna > Leinart

badfish22
09-01-2010, 01:56 PM
Mcgee > Kitna > Leinart

lol Mcgee

Kitna>Leinart>McGee right now. McGee has potential but currently sucks.

Goran Dragic
09-01-2010, 02:02 PM
I'll trade Leinart for McGee. Have your people call my people.

IronMexican
09-01-2010, 02:30 PM
PFT saying the Giants.

Goran Dragic
09-01-2010, 02:40 PM
PFT saying the Giants.
As in there's been a trade agreed upon?

The Batman
09-01-2010, 02:47 PM
Mcgee > Kitna > Leinart

It's very ironic that every time I see your avatar, I immediately think of Koriwhat

gaKNOW!blee
09-01-2010, 03:15 PM
It's very ironic that every time I see your avatar, I immediately think of Koriwhat

:lol tat calfs

4>0rings
09-01-2010, 03:54 PM
lol Mcgee

Kitna>Leinart>McGee right now. McGee has potential but currently sucks.I think Mcgee is much more composed at the QB position than Kitna, and I'am a Kitna fan. I was really glad that Dallas picked up Kitna as a backup but during the practices I went to and all the preseason games he's played. He's just garbage and Mcgee looked like he could take Kitnas spot.

johngateswhiteley
09-01-2010, 05:08 PM
good...i still think he can be a good QB in the nfl.

Goran Dragic
09-01-2010, 05:10 PM
good...i still think he can be a good QB in the nfl.
Too bad the teams that have interest in him want him to take on a backup role.

bresilhac
09-01-2010, 05:56 PM
Compared to what Colt McCoy's shown at the Browns training camp Leinart would be a steal for any team. At least as a backup. McCoy may never play a down in the NFL he's been so shitty.

johngateswhiteley
09-01-2010, 06:09 PM
Too bad the teams that have interest in him want him to take on a backup role.

perhaps. personally, I like what I've seen from him physically & it appears he has improved. I remember his rookie year, he set the NFL record for passing yards in a game (by a rookie)...he has talent.

my only conclusion, he hasn't been a good leader within the team & his attitude must not meet KW's requirements. although, I don't think KW ever really opened up to him...the whole situation never seemed fair. but, thats life.

monosylab1k
09-01-2010, 06:19 PM
I remember his rookie year, he set the NFL record for passing yards in a game (by a rookie)...he has talent.

Most quarterbacks will rack up alot of yards when the throw the ball 51 fucking times.

Goran Dragic
09-01-2010, 06:35 PM
It's funny how Matt Leinart apologists question Ken Whisenhunt's decision here. The man took a team from irrelevance to the superbowl in 2 seasons and continues to add talent every year, it's beyond retarded to question him, without Ken Whisenhunt this team would still be trying to win 6 games every year.

Spursfan092120
09-01-2010, 06:48 PM
He is teh suck

ducks
09-01-2010, 07:25 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5518740

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao Ducks

boldin is not suprised because if his relationship with ken

ken hated him
he has worked hard
yes he fucked up to begin with
but he was not even given a chance this year
ken is a fucking joke
he was just lucky kurt never got hurt

ducks
09-01-2010, 07:29 PM
It's funny how Matt Leinart apologists question Ken Whisenhunt's decision here. The man took a team from irrelevance to the superbowl in 2 seasons and continues to add talent every year, it's beyond retarded to question him, without Ken Whisenhunt this team would still be trying to win 6 games every year.

you know what ken still has won nothing with the cards
NOTHING NOTHING NOTHING

matt has a whole new o
never given a chance in preseason
the other quarterback plays better against other team 3 strings so he gets the nod
the o is better
WELL DUH KEN THE O BETTER BE BETTER AGAINST THEIR 3 string

samikeyp
09-01-2010, 08:19 PM
Or maybe....Leinart just isn't going to be a good NFL QB. He might prove me wrong but to this point, he hasn't shown anything that tells me, or obviously people who know football a lot better than I do, that he can be a consistently good NFL QB.

He wouldn't be the first and I admit it, I said he would be the best of his QB class coming out of college. Shows you what I know..then again, I thought Alfredrick Hughes was going to be a good NBA player. :lol

Goran Dragic
09-01-2010, 08:57 PM
you know what ken still has won nothing with the cards
NOTHING NOTHING NOTHING

matt has a whole new o
never given a chance in preseason
the other quarterback plays better against other team 3 strings so he gets the nod
the o is better
WELL DUH KEN THE O BETTER BE BETTER AGAINST THEIR 3 string
:lmao trying to minimize the fact Whisenhunt is the only reason the Cardinals are relevant. The 2008 NFC championship is more than the Cardinals won in their entire history since moving to Arizona prior to Whisenhunt.

ducks
09-01-2010, 10:14 PM
Or maybe....Leinart just isn't going to be a good NFL QB. He might prove me wrong but to this point, he hasn't shown anything that tells me, or obviously people who know football a lot better than I do, that he can be a consistently good NFL QB.

He wouldn't be the first and I admit it, I said he would be the best of his QB class coming out of college. Shows you what I know..then again, I thought Alfredrick Hughes was going to be a good NBA player. :lol

he has not sucked in the preaseason
qb rating last week 135%

Goran Dragic
09-01-2010, 10:16 PM
he has not sucked in the preaseason
qb rating last week 135%
:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao :lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

135%, QB ratings are measured in percent? This is almost as funny as when you said there are bird rights in baseball.

You can look at his QB rating all you want, he has led a grand total of one drive in the preseason that resulted in points. The team that wins is the team that has more points, not the team with the highest QB rating. Leinart does a great job inflating his stats with check down completions on 3rd and long, but if the focus in winning football games, Leinart's preseason play has been an abortion

ducks
09-01-2010, 10:34 PM
HE had the ball on the 5 yard line
wells turned the ball over
NOT HIM

he has NO TURNOVERS THIS YEAR

ducks
09-01-2010, 10:36 PM
atleast outside of az
he can prove he has improved

Goran Dragic
09-01-2010, 10:51 PM
atleast outside of az
he can prove he has improved
So you're a Leinart fan and not a Cardinals fan, just checking.

And no he can't. The other 31 teams in the NFL only have interest in him as a backup.

ducks
09-01-2010, 11:25 PM

And no he can't. The other 31 teams in the NFL only have interest in him as a backup.

my team is the chargers

I do watch alot of cardinal football

I thought it was a mistake to go with kurt to begin with
he was old and would get hurt

who would have predictated kurt would be so great? DID YOU ????????

I am not convinced matt would be a good great qb. I THINK HE HAS GOTTEN THE SHAFT THE LAST 2 years with Ken. This year Ken is trying to jusitfy not starting Matt and he says it is not about stats. YOU KNOW IT IS PERSONAL. Ken wanted the vet. Boldin told radio today he was not suprised because of the relationship. Ken and Matt do not get along. WHY did Ken not trade Matt 2 years ago?????

ducks
09-01-2010, 11:26 PM

once he gets a shot he will be a starter

Goran Dragic
09-02-2010, 12:06 AM
I predicted he would be way better than Leinart. Given that one is a future HoFer and the other is on his way out of the NFL, it wasn't very hard to see.

dirk4mvp
09-02-2010, 01:14 AM
ducks wrecking shop like usual tbh

I think we all need to take a step back and realize how great of a poster he really is.

badfish22
09-02-2010, 01:19 AM
:worthy: ducks

badfish22
09-02-2010, 01:22 AM
my team is the chargers

I do watch alot of cardinal fan

instantly an expert on the subject

I thought it was a mistake to go with kurt to begin with
he was old and would get hurt

crucify em!

dirk4mvp
09-02-2010, 01:23 AM
crofl caps lock cromination

pawe
09-02-2010, 10:57 AM
I agree with Ducks. Leinart is being screwed by the coaching staff. How do they even compare qb performance when Anderson gets more snaps than him.
Yes, ML has been with the cards for 4 yrs now and should have by now know the playbook already and thus by means of inheritance, qb competition shouldn't be necessary anymore but he is not Whis' guy.

If he gets cut, I hope he wont go to the 49ers. That team is stacked and if they get a qb...a qb who has been royally screwed by his team and coach, Cards are gonna get a beating.

tsb2000
09-02-2010, 11:51 AM
Leinart is a bitch. I heard yesterday on ESPN someone (I think it was Schlereth) shredding Leinart. He said, if you think you can lead, look behind you. If there's nobody following you, think again.

benefactor
09-02-2010, 01:35 PM
I agree with Ducks.
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2482/3811055786_b51d292cde.jpg

JMarkJohns
09-02-2010, 01:50 PM
I agree with Ducks. Leinart is being screwed by the coaching staff. How do they even compare qb performance when Anderson gets more snaps than him.
Yes, ML has been with the cards for 4 yrs now and should have by now know the playbook already and thus by means of inheritance, qb competition shouldn't be necessary anymore but he is not Whis' guy.

If he gets cut, I hope he wont go to the 49ers. That team is stacked and if they get a qb...a qb who has been royally screwed by his team and coach, Cards are gonna get a beating.

If he gets cut, I foresee him going to the Seahawks. PC can figure it out if anyone can.

leemajors
09-02-2010, 02:23 PM
loopy lefty throwing motion never cuts it in the NFL.

Goran Dragic
09-02-2010, 04:20 PM
loopy lefty throwing motion never cuts it in the NFL.
This is really all there is to it

Goran Dragic
09-02-2010, 04:22 PM
I find it beyond hilarious people claim the guy who has seen Leinart in practice everyday for the last 3 years is somehow being less fair to him than what we think. We have no idea what goes on behind the scenes, if Leinart just lacks complete chemistry with the offense and continuously sucks in practice, then it's not really being unfair to demote him.

ducks
09-02-2010, 05:00 PM
it amazes me gordan knows what goes on in practice

BOLDIN a former player is not surpised because he knows the relationship between matt and the the coach

I think boldin knows more then goran
sorry goran

ducks
09-02-2010, 05:02 PM
I predicted he would be way better than Leinart. Given that one is a future HoFer and the other is on his way out of the NFL, it wasn't very hard to see.

better yes but did you think kurt would have lasted all season and playoffs without getting hurt????????????????????????????????????
short term I knew matt would be worse but then he would improve like kurt did

Goran Dragic
09-02-2010, 05:04 PM
it amazes me gordan knows what goes on in practice

BOLDIN a former player is not surpised because he knows the relationship between matt and the the coach

I think boldin knows more then goran
sorry goran
I trust that the coach who knows what's going on in practice and has been by far more successful than any other coach in Cardinals' history knows what's going on. Your best support is an extremely vague comment from Boldin.

Goran Dragic
09-02-2010, 05:07 PM
better yes but did you think kurt would have lasted all season and playoffs without getting hurt????????????????????????????????????

No I didn't, but I know that any team with leinart as its starting QB has no future and never will have any future.

ducks
09-02-2010, 07:31 PM
do you sleep with Ken?

Goran Dragic
09-02-2010, 07:32 PM
do you sleep with Ken?
Do you sleep with Leinart?

ducks
09-02-2010, 08:54 PM
did I ever post that matt was a lock for a successfully nfl career in this thread?
NO

Goran Dragic
09-02-2010, 08:56 PM
Anyone who thinks Leinart has any shot at ever being any semblance of a starting NFL quarterback likes him in a weird way. There's a gargantuan mound of evidence that he isn't an NFL starter, if you're just gonna stare it in the face and deny it, that makes you a Leinart homer.

ducks
09-02-2010, 09:57 PM
because you have seen matt play and be given a since 2-3 years ago right?

young pitchers ususally struggle at first then after their first 2 or 3 years they pitch better
same can be said of a quarterback

any rookie or other qb player then kurt would have been benched under ken.
kurt had more respect from the o players because of what he did away from cards and in the nfl
it is not matt's fault that he did not win a superbowl in the nfl before he got to the cards

the players saw how ken treated matt and ken wants to know why the chemistry is not the same to him then the other quarterback

ducks
09-02-2010, 09:57 PM
you are a ken homer!

Goran Dragic
09-02-2010, 10:00 PM
young pitchers ususally struggle at first then after their first 2 or 3 years they pitch better
Yeah, and this is Leinart's 5th year. He still sucks. Explain that.

Goran Dragic
09-02-2010, 10:00 PM
you are a ken homer!
you are a leinart homer!

ducks
09-02-2010, 10:02 PM

post the stats that he sucks
his numbers this preaseason does not prove he sucks

Goran Dragic
09-02-2010, 10:03 PM
post the stats that he sucks
his numbers this preaseason does not prove he sucks
He's only led one scoring drive.

That stat is all that should matter. Unless you're a Leinart fan and not a Cardinals fan.

ducks
09-02-2010, 10:20 PM
yes he caused wells to turn the ball over on the 5 yard line just before a touchdown

Goran Dragic
09-02-2010, 10:22 PM
yes he caused wells to turn the ball over on the 5 yard line just before a touchdown
OK so 2 scoring drives. GREAT JOB!

badfish22
09-02-2010, 10:27 PM
ducks doing work

pawe
09-02-2010, 11:07 PM
Leinart and whis/FO are both bitches in the way they handled this situation.
Leinart has been here since 06, learned a lot from Warner but still hasnt shown the swagger of a team leader. And now he is wondering what he did wrong and why he was benched.
FO and whis mishandled Leinart. If they felt like ML is not the QB of the future, why the hell did they not do anything about the QB situation...no development, no FA, no drafts.
I hate to see ML go, he knows the playbook already and got tons of money just holding a clipboard. But if the vets are talking about having no confidence in ML, I think its better to part ways than to risk locker room issues by keeping ML as a backup.

EricB
09-03-2010, 12:20 AM

Maybe because he hasn't played 1 full season in the NFL yet?

Sitting on the bench watching and tossin the pigskin around in practice does jackshit for development.

Goran Dragic
09-03-2010, 12:21 AM
Maybe because he hasn't played 1 full season in the NFL yet?
Revisit his rookie year fatshit

EricB
09-03-2010, 12:27 AM
Revisit his rookie year fatshit

Did he get knocked of that season early with a concussion or broken clavicle?

Man you Cardinal fans are fucking touchy. Lighten the fuck up.

Goran Dragic
09-03-2010, 01:03 AM
Did he get knocked of that season early with a concussion or broken clavicle?

Man you Cardinal fans are fucking touchy. Lighten the fuck up.
He played nearly every game his rookie year, you're thinking of his sophomore year. This is like that one time you confused a glazed donut with a chocolate donut.

mojorizen7
09-03-2010, 07:32 PM
Did he get knocked of that season early with a concussion or broken clavicle?.
Why yes,he did.....:toast

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
09-03-2010, 10:58 PM
Sitting on the bench watching and tossin the pigskin around in practice does jackshit for development.

Romo, Rodgers.

ducks
09-04-2010, 12:38 AM
matt has a 110 quarterback rating this year

if he gets released saturday
will they ever be a player that was suppose to start 9 days ago with a good qb rating being released?

dirk4mvp
09-04-2010, 12:44 AM
matt has a 110 quarterback rating this year

You do know his preseason stats mean shit right?

Serge Ibaka
09-04-2010, 11:06 AM
I don't think the preseason is insignificant in this case since it's all AZ has to go off when deciding who's QB, but his preseason stats are terrible if you take a closer look at them. It was pretty tedious coming up with this, but I was bored as fuck and it's annoying hearing Leinart fans say he's actually played well.

That 22/28 preseason passing (or 79% completion) Leinart apologists use as their crutch is the most hollow statistic ever. 6 of those 22 completions were 3rd down completions that didn't pick up a 1st down, he might as well be 16/28, for a mediocre at best 57% completion while averaging very few yards per attempt.

Here's why the people who say Leinart > Anderson are retarded though:

Leinart has had 11 drives in the preseason. 9 of them ended with no points, 1 of them ended with a TD, and 1 would have at least been a field goal if not for a Beanie Wells fumble. For arguments sake, I'll give 3 points for that drive since he got them in the redzone, so that's 0.91 points per drive (lol less than 1 point per drive). This is particularly sad since Leinart's one TD occured when he was able to start the drive already in Chicago territory and immediately be in the red zone due to a long Hightower run.

Anderson has had 14 drives in the preseason (not counting the drive where he got the ball with less than a minute left in the half). 8 of the drives ended in no points, 2 of the drives ended in TDs (one where they failed at the 2PK), and 2 ended in FGs. That's 19 total points, or 1.36 points per drive.

Yeah, 1.36 points per drive is shitty and won't get it done, but when the QB who is new to the team, the players and the system is producing 50% more points per drive than the QB who has been on the team for 3 years, knows all the players, and should know the system like the back of his hand, is it really a question as to which one deserves the starting job more? Especially when the new guy gets along well with his teammates and the old guy is a loner who seems isolated from the team.

BUMP
09-04-2010, 11:21 AM
I can understand Leinart's frustration. He was their 1st round pick at quarterback and has yet to really lead the team in any direction. It must suck to finally get Warner out of the way for 3 years only to be benched again for a journeyman who just got to the team.

However, he never helped his case by constantly whining all the time. My guess is that if he just had the right attitude, than Whisenhunt would've probably given him the job. Plus, it's not like Derek Anderson is gonna stick around long or play that well with the Cards anyway. Leinart might've gotten the job back by week 5.

But instead he chose the bitch and moan route while continuing to act like a little girl. Nobody's gonna wanna trade for that.

Will Hunting
09-04-2010, 11:45 AM
lol stupid fat fuckstick

Yeah, if you're referring to how Leinart has been passively "tossing the pigskin around in practice" and "sitting on the bench watching" the last 2 years rather than busting his ass everyday in practice and trying to study how Kurt Warner reads coverages during games, then yes, that does jack shit for your development.

I guess Phillip Rivers' first 2 years in the league where he attempted a total of 30 passes as Drew Brees' backup did "jackshit for his development". Leading the Chargers to a 14-2 record his 1st season as starter throwing 22 TDs and 9 INTs was definitely in spite of the fact he developed jackshit his rookie and sophomore season.

Same can be said for Aaron Rodgers. 3 years of "sitting on the bench watching" Favre was just more of the same jackshit development that completely stunted his growth. It was a miracle he threw 28 TDs and 13 INTs with such jackshit development his first season as a starter. If he wins MVP this season like many predict, it will be the greatest underdog story in NFL history that someone could win NFL MVP after going through such jackshit development his first 3 seasons.

On the flip side, look how good Alex Smith turned out because his team didn't stunt his growth with jack shit development. Throwing for 17 TDs and 27 INTs his first two seasons was valuable development you just can't get "throwing the pig skin around in practice". All that valuable development came together in his 3rd seasons when he lost the starting job 7 games in to the likes of Shawn Hill and Trent Dilfer.

Much to the dismay of Alex Smith, he was benched for nearly 2 years from November of 07 to October of 09. Fortunately, in his first 2.5 years in the league, the development he went through was so developmental that it didn't wear off after so much time wasted on jackshit development. He overcame nearly 2 years of backup QB jackshit development to have his first serviceable NFL season with 18 TDs and 12 INTs. Who knows what his career would be like if he didn't have all that development his first 2.5 years in the league, he was such a great QB before those 2 years of jackshit development and was probably scared shitless about jackshit development ruining all the progress he made. Fortunately for him his backup (David Carr) had to go through jackshit development last year, David Carr is another guy who had so much development his first several years in the league. It's only a matter of time before he makes 10 straight pro bowls with all that development.

http://www.spurstalk.com/kings051.jpg

JMarkJohns
09-04-2010, 12:20 PM
I've had three people this morning text/tell me they've heard Leinart to Seattle for Houshmandzadeh. Doubtful, but I've long suspected Leinart to Seattle one way or another.

JMarkJohns
09-04-2010, 01:19 PM
I've had three people this morning text/tell me they've heard Leinart to Seattle for Houshmandzadeh. Doubtful, but I've long suspected Leinart to Seattle one way or another.

Housh waived, so no trade. Schefter is reporting Cardinals to waive Leinart.

Steve Kerr
09-04-2010, 01:22 PM
Scheffter is reporting Cardinals to waive Leinart.

:cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer:c heer:cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer:che er:cheer

dickface
09-04-2010, 05:46 PM
Romo, Rodgers.

This little known fella named Joe Montana too.

monosylab1k
09-04-2010, 05:57 PM
imho the whole "let him develop on the bench" or "throw him to the wolves" argument is ultimately meaningless because I believe if you're good enough to play in the NFL, it doesn't matter. Either you got it or you don't, and 3 years on the bench or baptism by fire won't help or hurt you either way.

There may be some cases where one or the other did a small bit of damage. Troy Aikman probably could have used a year or two on the bench, but in the end his traumatic rookie year meant nothing. Same with Steve Young. On the other hand, guys like Aaron Rodgers who had to wait probably could have started from Day 1 and had no problem developing into a great QB.

If you're a good QB and you have what it takes, you're going to make it in the NFL either way. If you flat out suck, all the development in the world doesn't mean jack shit for you.

J.T.
09-04-2010, 06:02 PM
imho the whole "let him develop on the bench" or "throw him to the wolves" argument is ultimately meaningless because I believe if you're good enough to play in the NFL, it doesn't matter. Either you got it or you don't, and 3 years on the bench or baptism by fire won't help or hurt you either way.

There may be some cases where one or the other did a small bit of damage. Troy Aikman probably could have used a year or two on the bench, but in the end his traumatic rookie year meant nothing. Same with Steve Young. On the other hand, guys like Aaron Rodgers who had to wait probably could have started from Day 1 and had no problem developing into a great QB.

If you're a good QB and you have what it takes, you're going to make it in the NFL either way. If you flat out suck, all the development in the world doesn't mean jack shit for you.

keep in mind this is the same guy who lost the rose bowl and then wouldnt stop crying about how he thought his team was better

JMarkJohns
09-04-2010, 06:06 PM
As the title of the thread states via nickname, Leinart wasn't taking the necessary chances a good QB must in order to keep defenses honest/spread out. He was content to take what the defense gave, which often wasn't enough for any sustained momentum. I think this was Leinart playing not to lose his position, thinking that if he didn't throw an interception, that he'd be handed the position. Meanwhile, for as much as he generally sucked, Anderson attacked the defense down the field, not afraid of the position or the competition, and played to win.

Both are garbage, but if one is going to attack while the other lay back and wait, I'll take the more aggressive of the two, and, right now, that's Anderson.

Steve Kerr
09-04-2010, 07:39 PM

I think "throwing people out to the wolves" a lot of the times leads to bad habits and turns them into players who suck. Making David Carr play behind a piss ball offensive line for several year as an inexperienced QB with no veteran tutelage at all possibly led to him being scared to stand in the pocket and do things a QB needs to do.

I can't wait for dirk4mvp and ironmexican to marvel at how I disagreed with mono on something.

pawe
09-04-2010, 09:56 PM
If he cant have the mental toughness of a starting QB then I dont give a shit about his whining ass anymore. I like ML and he showed potential in his 2nd yr with the Cards but he just didnt sustain that fire..Whis did not like him for a reason. In Whis I trust.