PDA

View Full Version : Wade or Lebron: Who do you think will be Miami's best player?

LeHeat_Dynasty
09-01-2010, 06:59 PM
Its (or should I say was) Wade's team. He already said he doesnt plan to change his role this coming season. Lebron however is a two time MVP. He's a better player than Wade. I have a feeling that Lebron is going to be Miami's best player next season. Without the pressure of being the "only" option in his team, Lebron can focus his strengths on defense and playmaking while still averaging a very respectable 25 points per game.

My vote goes to Lebron here. I think he'll surprise a lot of people next year. Critics are counting him out saying he'll be Wade's Robin. I beg to differ.

ButtHurt Committee
09-01-2010, 07:09 PM
Are you serious with this weak attempt to start a basketball dialogue? Raise the bar.

IronMexican
09-01-2010, 07:12 PM
Why is Rogue in the butthurt committee?

Purch
09-01-2010, 07:12 PM
It's Wades team but Lebron's the best player.

ButtHurt Committee
09-01-2010, 07:14 PM
Why is Rogue in the butthurt committee?

We are reviewing your application as I post. Will be in touch soon.

JamStone
09-01-2010, 07:25 PM
It's Wades team but Lebron's the best player.

I agree with this. I think LeBron will be the best player on the team, but Wade will still be the leader while LeBron will be viewed by many as the sidekick even if he outplays Wade. Plus, I think LeBron will sacrifice his scoring more than Wade and people often look at PPG to determine the best player on a given team.

TheMACHINE
09-01-2010, 07:29 PM
When Wade takes over the 4th and tells Lebron to defer, Wade will prove its his team.

ButtHurt Committee
09-01-2010, 07:30 PM
I agree with this. I think LeBron will be the best player on the team, but Wade will still be the leader while LeBron will be viewed by many as the sidekick even if he outplays Wade. Plus, I think LeBron will sacrifice his scoring more than Wade and people often look at PPG to determine the best player on a given team.

You're quite the genius, aren't you, you fucker you.

KDKBJxRh_UU

IronMexican
09-01-2010, 08:11 PM
We are reviewing your application as I post. Will be in touch soon.

Sounds more like it.

Ace
09-01-2010, 08:17 PM
Lebron joined Wade's team not the other way around. He will focus on his strengths and Wade will lead the way to yet another title. Lebron is Robin and by coming to the Heat he knew and accepted it.

Flo-Rida
09-01-2010, 10:09 PM
Its wades team thats all i gotta say

NASHville
09-01-2010, 10:10 PM
Bosh

chunticakes
09-02-2010, 01:03 AM
lol bosh, you gaping vagina you.

elemento
09-02-2010, 01:13 AM
Lebron

DeadlyDynasty
09-02-2010, 01:14 AM
Its wades team thats all i gotta say

indeed, and that will prove true in the playoffs...but if you're looking for regular season heroics, LeBron will be the best.

Chieflion
09-02-2010, 01:14 AM
Great poll. I voted for both.

TinTin
09-02-2010, 01:49 AM
Where is bosh???!

Shane27
09-02-2010, 01:57 AM
Lebron will be the best player on the team, just not the leader of the team. He is not really a sidekick as he is the best on the team though.

LkrFan
09-02-2010, 01:59 AM
Where is the referee option? :toast

stretch
09-02-2010, 09:07 AM
I think that Wade will probably end up leading the team in scoring, but Lebron will sacrifice some scoring, while his rebounding and assist #s go up. I think Lebron has a great shot at averaging a triple double for a whole year. I expect Bron to have stats in the range of 25/10/11 at least once during their years together.

stretch
09-02-2010, 09:09 AM
Lebron will be the best player on the team, just not the leader of the team. He is not really a sidekick as he is the best on the team though.

It will be like Kobe and Shaq used to be. 1a and 1b just depending on whos hot, and the matchups presented.

Goran Dragic
09-02-2010, 09:20 AM
You might be right about assists, but Lebron isn't gonna average 10 rebounds a game, at least he shouldn't anyway. Lebron should be out on the perimeter defending the other team's best player. If he's averaging 10 boards a game it means Bosh and whoever they have at center aren't doing their job.

Offense won't be the issue for this team at any point during a game. Between Lebron, Wade, Bosh, and the shooters they have around them, they'll be able to score enough points, regardless of whether or not Wade is the scorer and Lebron is the playmaker or visa versa. The big question is how they will play defense. Will they become a great half court defensive team that can get stops down the stretch, or will they try and be a gimmicky defensive team that goes for a ton of blocks and steals and cares more about creating fastbreaks than getting stops.

Basketball Jones
09-02-2010, 09:24 AM
The Coach for keeping the egos in check.

hater
09-02-2010, 09:24 AM
IMO both will yield to each other and will play as a team. Heat will play as one or at least try to for a while. Until one of the rooks uses Bron's momma as a blow up doll

stretch
09-02-2010, 09:27 AM
You might be right about assists, but Lebron isn't gonna average 10 rebounds a game, at least he shouldn't anyway. Lebron should be out on the perimeter defending the other team's best player. If he's averaging 10 boards a game it means Bosh and whoever they have at center aren't doing their job.

Offense won't be the issue for this team at any point during a game. Between Lebron, Wade, Bosh, and the shooters they have around them, they'll be able to score enough points, regardless of whether or not Wade is the scorer and Lebron is the playmaker or visa versa. The big question is how they will play defense. Will they become a great half court defensive team that can get stops down the stretch, or will they try and be a gimmicky defensive team that goes for a ton of blocks and steals and cares more about creating fastbreaks than getting stops.

I think Bron has a shot at 10 boards simply because I think they will be pusing the tempo alot more, resulting in more opportunities. Plus, they don't really have any dominant rebounders. Bosh is good, but definitely not a dominant guy on the glass. I think Bron is the best rebounder on the team, and if he really wanted to, could easily average 12+ a game because of his unmatched athletic ability. His playing style obviously hasn't allowed him to, but if he adjusts, like he is going to need to, I definitely see his rebounds increasing, potentially to double digits.

As for defense, I think with the type of athletes they have in Bron, Wade, and Bosh, they should generally stick with the gimmicky style of defense, although against other elite teams, they are going to have to knuckle up and play lockdown defense, which I think they are capable of doing.

picc84
09-02-2010, 09:31 AM
http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn200/nbacardDOTnet/zz%20NBA%20Photo%20Gallery/z%20Funny%20NBA%20Photos/0%20Players/Lebron%20James/queenlebronjamesandDwyaneWade.gif

http://img651.imageshack.us/img651/6854/ql6uh.gif

Goran Dragic
09-02-2010, 09:36 AM
I think Bron has a shot at 10 boards simply because I think they will be pusing the tempo alot more, resulting in more opportunities. Plus, they don't really have any dominant rebounders. Bosh is good, but definitely not a dominant guy on the glass. I think Bron is the best rebounder on the team, and if he really wanted to, could easily average 12+ a game because of his unmatched athletic ability. His playing style obviously hasn't allowed him to, but if he adjusts, like he is going to need to, I definitely see his rebounds increasing, potentially to double digits.

As for defense, I think with the type of athletes they have in Bron, Wade, and Bosh, they should generally stick with the gimmicky style of defense, although against other elite teams, they are going to have to knuckle up and play lockdown defense, which I think they are capable of doing.
The best way to be ready to play consistent lockdown defense against elite teams is to do it until it all the time. Obviously they're capable of lockdown D, but I don't think they're capable of playing flip the switch lockdown D. If they really wanna win tons of championships they shouldn't try to push the tempo and should be a half court oriented team.

ffadicted
09-02-2010, 11:06 AM
http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn200/nbacardDOTnet/zz%20NBA%20Photo%20Gallery/z%20Funny%20NBA%20Photos/0%20Players/Lebron%20James/queenlebronjamesandDwyaneWade.gif

Never gets old

stretch
09-02-2010, 11:10 AM
The best way to be ready to play consistent lockdown defense against elite teams is to do it until it all the time. Obviously they're capable of lockdown D, but I don't think they're capable of playing flip the switch lockdown D. If they really wanna win tons of championships they shouldn't try to push the tempo and should be a half court oriented team.

The thing is, there is no question that they are capable of scoring in the half court. Lebron and Wade might be the two deadliest half-court scorers in the NBA because of their ability to penetrate. I think they should generally push the tempo and try to blow out lesser teams, save the half court stuff for elite teams. What is going to make them extremely tough, is if they have a constant rotations in which no matter what, either Wade or Lebron will always be on the floor. That's the scariest thing about this team.

JamStone
09-02-2010, 11:25 AM

LeBron could come close to getting double digit assists and rebounds. But also realize that playing at a faster pace will be offset with what is assumed will be shorter minutes for LeBron. Both Wade and LeBron have already suggested that they expect their minutes to be shortened. Look at LeBron's minutes the last couple seasons when he's been on a team that would routinely blow out teams and he was under 40 mpg. On this Miami Heat, there's a chance LeBron will be somewhere around the 35-36 mpg mark, as opposed to 40+ mpg. If that's the case, it will be tougher for him to get that triple-double average. I'm going to go out on a limb and say there will be plenty of games where LeBron and Wade don't see all that many minutes in the fourth quarter of games.

And as already mentioned, LeBron will be Miami's most versatile perimeter defender. If LeBron is getting 10 rebounds a game, it's likely that Miami is being forced to play LeBron more down low at the PF position, which I don't think is necessarily a good thing.

Also, I think a lot of people assume that LeBron's assists will go up because he's now playing with another great scorer in Wade. I don't know if that's what will help his assists. Wade will still get plenty of his points in isolation, drives, in transition, and on the free throw line where there are no assists. If LeBron gets close to 10 apg, I think it will be because Bosh and Haslem and Mike Miller are hitting a lot of open jumpers when teams collapse and double on LeBron and Wade, not because Wade is a great scorer.

That said, it wouldn't surprise me if LeBron got it. I do think his points will go down, maybe around 23-25 ppg. And I do think he'll be called upon to do a lot of different things, from facilitating the offense to rebounding and pushing the ball to defending 3-4 different positions. Should be very interesting to see what types of stats he puts up.

nkdlunch
09-02-2010, 11:32 AM
MVP of the Heat: whoever doesn't fuck Lebrons momma

TheMACHINE
09-02-2010, 11:33 AM
FloRida and Ace things its Wades team...HarlemHo thinks its Lebrons teams....the poll is pratically tied. This TEAM is SOOOOOO going to implode. Im getting the popcorn out.

stretch
09-02-2010, 11:35 AM
LeBron could come close to getting double digit assists and rebounds. But also realize that playing at a faster pace will be offset with what is assumed will be shorter minutes for LeBron. Both Wade and LeBron have already suggested that they expect their minutes to be shortened. Look at LeBron's minutes the last couple seasons when he's been on a team that would routinely blow out teams and he was under 40 mpg. On this Miami Heat, there's a chance LeBron will be somewhere around the 35-36 mpg mark, as opposed to 40+ mpg. If that's the case, it will be tougher for him to get that triple-double average. I'm going to go out on a limb and say there will be plenty of games where LeBron and Wade don't see all that many minutes in the fourth quarter of games.

And as already mentioned, LeBron will be Miami's most versatile perimeter defender. If LeBron is getting 10 rebounds a game, it's likely that Miami is being forced to play LeBron more down low at the PF position, which I don't think is necessarily a good thing.

Also, I think a lot of people assume that LeBron's assists will go up because he's now playing with another great scorer in Wade. I don't know if that's what will help his assists. Wade will still get plenty of his points in isolation, drives, in transition, and on the free throw line where there are no assists. If LeBron gets close to 10 apg, I think it will be because Bosh and Haslem and Mike Miller are hitting a lot of open jumpers when teams collapse and double on LeBron and Wade, not because Wade is a great scorer.

That said, it wouldn't surprise me if LeBron got it. I do think his points will go down, maybe around 23-25 ppg. And I do think he'll be called upon to do a lot of different things, from facilitating the offense to rebounding and pushing the ball to defending 3-4 different positions. Should be very interesting to see what types of stats he puts up.

I pretty much agree with all this, especially about his assists increasing more so due to Miller and guys like that, as opposed to Wade.

Although on the fast break, a duo of Wade and Bron is as sick of a fastbreaking duo as the NBA will ever see. They both might get 2-3 assists a game just by feeding each other on fastbreaks alone... depending on how the offense is ran. I think they need to run more uptempo though, and try to blow teams out right away.

Ace
09-02-2010, 12:19 PM
Lebron's numbers should all see a drop but his overall effect on the game will increase. I hope to see Lebron focused more on the defensive end as he as the tools to be a great defender.

Mike-in-brazil
09-02-2010, 07:19 PM
the same person who's always been the heats best player nothing has changed wade just got strong ad ons

HarlemHeat37
09-02-2010, 08:09 PM
I never said it was Lebron's team..my opinion is irrelevant anyways, I'm not a Heat fan..listen to the opinions of guys like MH and Ace..

TBH, I don't think it will be either guy's team..history will be made with this Miami team IMO..having the 2 best players in the NBA on the same team, during their prime years, has never happened in the NBA IIRC, I don't think it has happened in any sport..it's going to be very interesting to watch, and they're going to change the landscape of the NBA..

I genuinely believe that despite their egos, they really won't care about which guy is the "#1" or "best player", they will just play for the rings..there won't be 1 guy chucking up 24 shots in a game 7 when he's struggling, or a guy always looking for his numbers..I doubt the Heat fanbase will care or bash the other players on their team to elevate certain players, like some fanbases like to do..

I've already explained in detail about how I think Miami will work out it's offense and defense, so I won't go over that again..I do think Wade will lead the team in scoring and have the ball in his hands more, you will see Lebron playing a lot of off-ball, which will be disgusting, considering his finishing ability + Wade's passing ability..

I'm on record saying I believe Dwight Howard will improve offensively and win MVP, so I'll say that with his defensive responsibility decreasing a little, I do believe Lebron will win DPOY next year, book it..

Basketballgirl25
09-03-2010, 07:41 AM
well I know who won't be Miami's best play, BOSH

stretch
09-03-2010, 09:07 AM
TBH, I don't think it will be either guy's team..history will be made with this Miami team IMO..having the 2 best players in the NBA on the same team, during their prime years, has never happened in the NBA IIRC, I don't think it has happened in any sport..it's going to be very interesting to watch, and they're going to change the landscape of the NBA..

I genuinely believe that despite their egos, they really won't care about which guy is the "#1" or "best player", they will just play for the rings..there won't be 1 guy chucking up 24 shots in a game 7 when he's struggling, or a guy always looking for his numbers..I doubt the Heat fanbase will care or bash the other players on their team to elevate certain players, like some fanbases like to do..

+1

I don't see the team as being "Lebron's" or "Wade's" team. I think every night it will be a matter of matchups, or whos hot. Whomever draws the better matchup that night or is hot will be the one to lead the team.

Killakobe81
09-03-2010, 09:58 AM
I never said it was Lebron's team..my opinion is irrelevant anyways, I'm not a Heat fan..listen to the opinions of guys like MH and Ace..

I've already explained in detail about how I think Miami will work out it's offense and defense, so I won't go over that again..I do think Wade will lead the team in scoring and have the ball in his hands more, you will see Lebron playing a lot of off-ball, which will be disgusting, considering his finishing ability + Wade's passing ability..

I'm on record saying I believe Dwight Howard will improve offensively and win MVP, so I'll say that with his defensive responsibility decreasing a little, I do believe Lebron will win DPOY next year, book it..

LOL if he does it willl be a farce he has improved tremendously on defense but he is not DPOY good ...MVP the past 2 years no doubt about but defensively a bit overrated.

Cue Harlem's stats in 3,2,1 ...

Goran Dragic
09-03-2010, 09:58 AM
The thing is, there is no question that they are capable of scoring in the half court.
No, but if they try to become an up tempo fast break team, they won't be used to playing halfcourt defense when they need to in the playoffs. You can't have a flip the switch mentality when you're an unproven group of players. That's why the Celtics were so good in 2008, they played great D on every possession until it became habit.

Killakobe81
09-03-2010, 10:04 AM
The thing is, there is no question that they are capable of scoring in the half court. Lebron and Wade might be the two deadliest half-court scorers in the NBA because of their ability to penetrate. I think they should generally push the tempo and try to blow out lesser teams, save the half court stuff for elite teams. What is going to make them extremely tough, is if they have a constant rotations in which no matter what, either Wade or Lebron will always be on the floor. That's the scariest thing about this team.

This I agree with. They can play with always having a top 5 player on the court at all times ... and probably not lose much. Scary.
I also agree uptempo is the way to go. Lebron cutting in the halfcourt is tough, but If im coaching against them i want that more, than wade and Lebron on a break. That is a nasty 2 on 1 break ...especially if the "1" is a small guard ...

Also, ball protection, rebounding and high FG% will be key vs the Heat. If you score at high rate get offensive boards and limit TO's they can't run ...But that is asking a lot. Only 4 or 5 teams are good at all 3 ...

21_Blessings
09-03-2010, 10:07 AM
:rolleyes @ Robin averaging 10 boards a game. His offensive rebounding ability/effort just isn't there for him to do that. And I don't see Miami funneling Robin defensive rebounds either like Cleveland was notorious for doing.

Goran Dragic
09-03-2010, 10:10 AM
lol people saying the Heat should try to push the tempo

Ace
09-03-2010, 01:15 PM
no, but if they try to become an up tempo fast break team, they won't be used to playing halfcourt defense when they need to in the playoffs. You can't have a flip the switch mentality when you're an unproven group of players. That's why the celtics were so good in 2008, they played great d on every possession until it became habit.

+1

mingus
09-03-2010, 03:05 PM
Lakers fans are so sensitive about this topic. LMAO