PDA

View Full Version : KTSA 4:20pm... Tracy Bogert's BILL MILLERS BOYCOTT!

Chris Duel
08-12-2004, 02:26 PM
Yesterday we had Mayor Ed Garza, County Judge Nelson Wolff and City Insider T.J. Connolly on the Toyota Land / Bill Miller Family controversy. :smokin2

Today, TRACY BOGERT at 4:20pm will tell us about his BOYCOTT of Bill Miller Restaurants! :argue

Tune-in for the fireworks! :gun

LOCAL ACTIVISTS ORGANIZING BILL MILLER BOYCOTT

With shamelessness that would make Raul Prado and Kike Martin blush the Bill Miller family is attempting to extort money from the City of San Antonio and the citizens of Bexar County over land they own adjacent to Toyota.

The Miller's plan to build 2000 houses on 385 acres of land they own. When Toyota stated their intention to build their facility they had asked the city of San Antonio to basically zone all land around the plant outward of 3 miles as commercial. Toyota needed this guarantee so that they could
expand their plant to build more vehicles and provide more good jobs for the south side. One scenario has Toyota adding an additional 2000 jobs and a Sequoia truck plant next to the one they are building.

Let us figure this out. The Miller family thinks that building 2000 houses is more important than an additional 2000 jobs at the Toyota site.

Where exactly was the Miller family for the past fifty years when south Bexar County needed development and the tax revenues it would provide. The Miller family suddenly appears to care about development on the south side
when the family realizes they can make millions riding the coattails of Toyota and the City of San Antonio.

The Miller family has stated that the only acceptable deal they would makeis to be allowed to build 2000 houses on the 385 acres or for the city ofSan Antonio to buy the land from them or pay them not to build houses.

The Miller family attorney Barry McClenahan stated, " I would hate to seethe Miller family vilified by the mayor or anyone else- a family that hasdone so much for San Antonio"

Excuse us but doesn't the Miller family owe the citizens of San Antonio adebt of gratitude for making their family one of the wealthiest in SouthTexas. Mr. McClenahan and the Miller family have some nerve saying that thetaxpayers of San Antonio owe their family. If this were any common family
they would be charged with blackmail and extortion.

We call on all city and county leaders to follow the lead of Mayor Ed Garzaand stand up to the bullying tactics of the Miller family. It is time to stand up and be counted.

We would also like to call on all residents of San Antonio and Bexar County to join us in a boycott of all Miller family owned businesses including Bill Miller BBQ and Barnacle Bill's restaurants. When the Miller family decides to do the right thing and allow the land to be zoned commercially then the citizens of San Antonio will once again enjoy a meal at their favorite Bill Miller restaurant.

Tracy Bogert / John Lambert
Lifelong residents of the Southside.

CosmicCowboyXXX
08-12-2004, 02:30 PM
funny...I was thinking about boycotting Bill Millers too...

exstatic
08-12-2004, 02:40 PM
The poor millionaires who will ONLY make money via commerical development on their land.

Looks like my Po Boy Plus, extra lean, with hash browns is on hold until they back the **** off and stop jeopardizing expansion of the Toyota plant. Rich pricks.

Tommy Duncan
08-12-2004, 02:41 PM
Wow, that moron is still around. :lol

The Miller's plan to build 2000 houses on 385 acres of land they own.

That says it all. If the good old boy Democrat has a problem with that he should put together a group to buy the property from the Millers.

And of course it was the Millers who provided South Texans with a place to eat and jobs for some of them for over 50 years.

Whether or not the BBQ is of sufficient quality is a good reason for a boycott. Bogert's dumbass rationale certainly is not.

Useruser666
08-12-2004, 03:37 PM
I want to boycott them because their food always leaks out into the bag by the time I take it home. EVERY FRICKEN TIME!!! I live like 2 miles from the damn place too. Anyone else have this problem? I wish they would get plastic sacks like Taco Cabana.

Useruser666 :eyebrow

Shelly
08-12-2004, 05:14 PM
Don't they own Barnacle Bill's also?

I've never eaten at Bill Miller's. And I don't plan to, either.

CosmicCowboyXXX
08-12-2004, 05:36 PM
yeah they own Barnacle Bills...but with Sea Island around I have never tried them...

MannyIsGod
08-12-2004, 05:36 PM
This is such crap. They've owned that land for ages, and now somehow the people of San Antonio have a right to tell them what they can do with it?

Bill Millers empoyees just as many, probably MORE people than Toyota. However, Ed Garza has such a hardon for Toyotoa and other special interests that they'll go to any lengths.

Don't you think the land development will also employee people?

IT'S NOT A CRIME TO BE RICH, STOP ACTING LIKE IT IS.

Das Texan
08-12-2004, 06:56 PM
someone please tell me how the city didnt know Bill Miller's didnt own this land prior to the Toyota deal?

Its called taking advantage of what they got.

Isnt this land currently not zoned for anything and/or technically not in the city limits?

Bill Millers has every damn right to do this...afterall they fucking own the land.

Damn seems like the city wants to get the best of everything and doesnt give a shit about what others already own....

nice.

Johnny Blaze 47
08-12-2004, 07:03 PM
I'm just glad the city didn't promise Toyota a house on Trendwood in NW Crossing.

:wacko

jcrod21
08-12-2004, 07:16 PM
I love Bill Millers Chicken and Barnicle Bills Fish.

I don't know about his land stuff, I mean Bill Miller did has owned the land for yrs. Wonder why they haven't done anything with it.

WriterNum934
08-12-2004, 07:29 PM
This is off subject, but Sea Island f'n owns Barnicle Bills!

That sh!t is good.

Das Texan
08-12-2004, 07:31 PM
cause this land was in the middle of nowhere basically before toyota.

T Park Num 9
08-12-2004, 11:05 PM
Im with the Millers.

They own the land. Who the hell is it Toyota, or these goofball southsiders, to tell them what to do with it?

Garza is such a bozo. he is for the people though.

I agree 100% with Manny.

When the **** did it become a crime, to have freaking money.

I just love politicians, wanting you, me, and everyone else, to feel guilty cause we have a little bit of money.

Ed Helicopter Jones
08-12-2004, 11:16 PM
The city should sack up and buy the Millers out if they want to rezone the property.

People buy land in the path of development all the time as speculative investments. Sounds like the Miller's hit paydirt on this one. They hold the cards now because they made a smart, wise, lucky investment.

Good for them. Some barbecue sounds good right about now.

pickle girl
01-02-2009, 02:04 AM
Chris Duel is it online so we can check it out?

baseline bum
01-02-2009, 02:46 AM
Bill Miller's fucking rules! They have easily the best fast-food fried chicken in SA.

T Park
01-02-2009, 04:28 AM
Bill Miller's fucking rules! They have easily the best fast-food fried chicken in SA.

yuck

sorry, I have to go with Popeyes...

baseline bum
01-02-2009, 04:39 AM
yuck

sorry, I have to go with Popeyes...

I haven't eaten at a Texas Popeye's in years, but the ones in Cali had the tiniest pieces of chicken. I felt like I was eating some mutant bird or something. KFC has degraded to the same level, which sucks because they have by far the best seasoning. Popeyes gets nuff respect for the red beans and rice though.

sonnytris
01-02-2009, 09:11 AM
BM does have the best fried chicken in town but NOT TO WORRY .............The way Tundras are selling that plant might not be there much longer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It will be leaving town like other companys??????????????????
Is This Country Great or What

Rohirrim
01-02-2009, 09:47 AM
Sounds like more anti-business, bring down the rich man, bullshit that is swallowing up this country.

If it is their land, they can do whatever the fuck they want with it. That's business.

I'll go eat at Bill Miller's today. Thanks :toast

I cannot understand how people think THEY can tell a person what to do with their land.

Tonto
01-02-2009, 10:00 AM
Sounds like more anti-business, bring down the rich man, bullshit that is swallowing up this country.

If it is their land, they can do whatever the fuck they want with it. That's business.

I'll go eat at Bill Miller's today. Thanks :toast

I cannot understand how people think THEY can tell a person what to do with their land.

White man not tell Tonto what to do with land
Just do whatever the fuck they want
Tonto not like

PM5K
01-03-2009, 12:42 AM
Who drug this up?

T Park
01-03-2009, 01:06 AM
I haven't eaten at a Texas Popeye's in years, but the ones in Cali had the tiniest pieces of chicken. I felt like I was eating some mutant bird or something. KFC has degraded to the same level, which sucks because they have by far the best seasoning. Popeyes gets nuff respect for the red beans and rice though.

Uh, I guess the chicken is the same size, I haven't had friend chicken in over a year so I don't remember but,

there is absolutely not one appealing thing I could say about BIll Millers food.

Sorry Bill Millers if your reading, the food is just not my cup of tea.

TDMVPDPOY
01-03-2009, 01:23 AM
looks like they have to rezone that land, BM is on the losing end atm

i had a friend who had land surrounding an airport and they wanted to extended the lane ways, so they asked him about the land, offer was jackshit compared to market rate.....

it doesnt help when the govt is bringing in new laws that allows them to recover land/property for government projects....they remind me of the juice in gaza.

Logan
01-03-2009, 03:42 AM
Thanks for the memories.

This is back before KTSA became the right-wing NAZI hack fest that is is right now.

Destro
01-03-2009, 04:37 PM
i thought the Miller family bought the land while Toyota was negotiating with the city to bring their plant to SA. They bought that land and almost jepordized the original Toyota deal