PDA

View Full Version : Hip Hop TD, TP, Manu

DannyF
05-19-2005, 02:49 PM
Funny web site that tries to make the Spurs look cool.

http://tothebankyall.com/

It was made by some guys at ESPN.com. which happens to be here in Seattle. Thought you guys might think it was funny.

GrandeDavid
05-19-2005, 02:58 PM
No offense, but that was gay. A complete waste of time lacking any shred of originality or application of thought process.

DannyF
05-19-2005, 03:08 PM
That’s the point. The Spurs are a great team, but they have the personality of a shoe. Trying to make them look cool does not work. Euro guys = not cool. They still wear Speedos and black socks over there for Christs sakes.

MaNuMaNiAc
05-19-2005, 03:11 PM
No offense, but that was gay. A complete waste of time lacking any shred of originality or application of thought process.
Damn, that was harsh

Summers
05-19-2005, 03:15 PM
I watch this video at least once a day. It's funny as hell.

MaNuMaNiAc
05-19-2005, 03:15 PM
That’s the point. The Spurs are a great team, but they have the personality of a shoe. Trying to make them look cool does not work. Euro guys = not cool. They still wear Speedos and black socks over there for Christs sakes.
Dude, that is the most close minded dumbass statement I've heard in a long while?? Ok so what's cool??? The I'm-going-to-beat-your-ass-if-you-make-me-look-bad thug image?? Personally, I think the definition of "cool" in the NBA players and NBA fans is way too fucking skewed for you to go and say "Euro guys=not cool". Restarded, simply retarded.

MadDog73
05-19-2005, 03:18 PM
He's a Sonic fan who thinks Ray Allen is a superstar.

What do you expect?

nkdlunch
05-19-2005, 03:22 PM

If that's the case then, Sonics have a personality of a bunch of kindergarden kids who cry for anything and speak without thinking.

GrandeDavid
05-19-2005, 03:22 PM
DannyF, I know Danny Fortson, actually have met him. He played for my alma mater Cincinnati. It breaks my heart to see what a thug he's become. He went from high school blue chip top 5 recruit, to the second coming of Charles Barkley at Cincinnati...to Seattle Sonic thug "enforcer" who can't even do that well. Very sad for a man who loves the Bearcats.

DannyF
05-19-2005, 03:23 PM
I didn't think it was restarded at all. And apparently you have no sense of humor, or your a Euro guy and that hit a little close to home.
And I said nothing of the thug image being cool either. But come on, a Speedo, really? Whos the coolest Euro guy you can think of. Times up. Point made.

Spurminator
05-19-2005, 03:24 PM
or your a Euro guy and that hit a little close to home.

An FYI... There are a lot of Europeans posting here.

nkdlunch
05-19-2005, 03:27 PM
I didn't think it was restarded at all. And apparently you have no sense of humor, or your a Euro guy and that hit a little close to home.
And I said nothing of the thug image being cool either. But come on, a Speedo, really? Whos the coolest Euro guy you can think of. Times up. Point made.

Who in the Sonics do you think is cool? and why?

GrandeDavid
05-19-2005, 03:28 PM
I'm just sick of the "The Spurs are boring" comments. So tired. Its made by people who don't actually follow them. Did you see them beat Phoenix in double overtime playing run and gun this year? How about Manu's unreal shotmaking? What's so boring about busting one's ass on defense? Strange definition of "boring" to me!

MadDog73
05-19-2005, 03:37 PM

Tony and Manu are cooler than anyone on the Sonics (except maybe Antonio Daniels - but he lost major "cool" points with his "What Just Happened Here" Jim's commercial.

and no, i don't expect you to get that. But how does it feel that the most experienced player on your team was a Champion Spur player?)

DannyF
05-19-2005, 03:46 PM
GrandeDavid, I am not questioning the Spurs ability to play exciting basketball. They play the game the way its meant to be played, a total team effort. What the Spurs lack is a personality off the floor. And I am not saying they need to be Shaq weird, or AI thuggy. From my perspective, and the perspective of those in Seattle, they are a boring team to listen to after the game. From Pops on down, the Spurs press conference is all clichés, nothing out of the ordinary. I don't know if its Pops telling them to not say anything that can be construed as bulletin board material or what, but they never seem to say anything of substance. Now, I don't expect them to go all Jerome James and say stupid things after the game, but bring something to the table. watch Inside the NBA, after a Spurs game, and they always spend more time interviewing the other team, regardless of the outcome, because the Spurs players are BORING to listen to. I am not taking anything away from their game, I am not trying to insult anyone’s country, the players as individuals seem to be vanilla. I thought maybe the people on this board would find the link funny, but apparently, I hit a nerve. Sorry, I will no longer give an opposing point of view. Go back to insulating yourself from the opinion of others, so you can feel good about your team.

DannyF
05-19-2005, 03:46 PM
MadDog, how does it feel to have to play a game 6 against a team that is missing two of its best players?

Spurminator
05-19-2005, 03:52 PM
Feels good to be healthy. It's part of the game.

nkdlunch
05-19-2005, 03:55 PM
Feels great. and its gonna feel even better once we close the series out.

samikeyp
05-19-2005, 04:01 PM
I thought it was pretty funny....its just a cartoon guys.

MadDog73
05-19-2005, 04:21 PM
Go back to insulating yourself from the opinion of others, so you can feel good about your team.

You need to read more of the posts around here. I think we're harsher on ourselves than outsiders.

But to your point, yeah, Tim and Pop are pretty boring. But they have a dry wit that you learn to appreciate as a fan. I do miss Stephen Jackson or Elie's post game comments. Damn! Or do I?

I like the Spurs. They don't talk smack, they just show up and do their job.

I will miss Jerome James comments though. :lol Man, with morons like that, Sonics could use some "boring" players!

DannyF
05-19-2005, 04:38 PM
Your are right, the Spurs are all business. And I do like their approach, no talking crap, no complaining. I do sometimes wish some of the Sonics (JJ) would think before they speak. As far as Ray being a crybaby, I think it was a smart move on his part to bring it up before the series even started. The refs definitely keyed in on it, and it worked to his advantage. The same way the Spurs complain about Danny Fortson. Now I know he does foul a lot, but sometimes his reputation proceeds him and he gets calls against him that would be no calls on other players. I love his intensity, and when he concentrates on playing, he is a great player. He is the third best free throw shooter on the team, and in practice, he hangs with the guards when they shoot jumpers for money. But his role is to be the enforcer, and he does what he is told. I am sure I would hate him if he were not on my team, just like I hate Ginobli and his flops. If he played for the Sonics, I would like his intensity, and overlook his flopping, like we do with Reggie Evans. Its all a mater of perspective. Either way, tonight should be fun. To bad I have to get there late, as my wife works until tip-off.

DannyF
05-19-2005, 04:40 PM
And I do see the posts where you guys rip each other and your team. We have the luxury of having no expectations, starting with the beginning of the year. Every one here is just happy to see the Sonics go further than anyone thought, so even if the lose tonight, they still exceeded all expectations. The pressure is squarely on the Spurs.

FromWayDowntown
05-19-2005, 06:44 PM
I've never understood why a team's commitment to being professional and respectful of its opponents is somehow boring. In today's NBA, the Spurs are so far off the beaten path, you'd think they'd be at least moderately exciting because they're so different.

Apparently, the Starbucks-induced short attention spans in Seattle need unjustified smack to garner some excitement, since they can't sit still long enough to listen to Popovich actually explain outcomes in nuanced ways that evidence an understanding of how the game works.

Somehow, Nate McMillan's "It wasn't them, it was us," line after Game 5 is something other than a cliche? And the next time Antonio Daniels offers something of substance, rather than a vague, evasive, cliched answer ("it's playoff time ....") it will be the first time that I've heard such a thing from him. I guess there's color in incessant bitching before anything has happened in an effort to curry favor with officials (Ray Allen) and some excitement in a never-done-nothing dude prattling on and on about how he's a playoff difference maker, after he's again done nothing. Come on.

DannyF
05-19-2005, 06:53 PM
Hey, PBS is professional and respectful, doesn't make it exciting.

Gatita
05-19-2005, 07:51 PM
Hey, the Spurs are a classy team. :lol

E20
05-19-2005, 08:02 PM
That was funny.

Horry For 3!
05-19-2005, 08:20 PM
That video was pretty annoying :shootme