PDA

View Full Version : Mass Effect 2 - Lair of the Shadow Broker DLC trailer

phyzik
09-03-2010, 01:29 PM
LPm74j6ZyKw

resistanze
09-03-2010, 02:28 PM
Yep, gonna buy this. ME2 is sucking me dry.

Xevious
09-03-2010, 02:33 PM
Looks fuggin cool :tu

Yep, gonna buy this. ME2 is sucking me dry.
Haha... Dragon Age too (the Morrigan DLC gets release on the same day). I've spent a fortune on DLC for these two games. Bioware definitely has a hand in my wallet.

redzero
09-03-2010, 07:11 PM
I pirated Dragon Age and a DLC so meh.

Sense
09-03-2010, 09:48 PM
I pirated Dragon Age and a DLC so meh.

same lol that's some cash right there..

resistanze
09-03-2010, 09:55 PM
I'm hearing this DLC is several of hours of gameplay. Good to hear.

duhoh
09-04-2010, 03:40 PM
this looks sick. and we get to hopefully tie a loose end with the dragon age dlc coming out that day as well.

fricken bioware sons. fricken bioware.

phyzik
09-07-2010, 02:09 PM
downloading it as soon as I get home....

Anyone else miss this easter egg like I did? :lmao
ltekEwZQ1CU

resistanze
09-07-2010, 02:27 PM
Yeah, the good ol' probing Uranus Easter egg.

I downloaded the DLC this morning, and played it for about 10 minutes. Then, my DVD drive went crazy and the game froze. My 360 wouldn't boot up or eject, son of a bitch.

I finally got it working before I'm left, but I'm sure the DVD drive is still kinda fucked.

Xevious
09-07-2010, 03:49 PM
Played it... pretty good compared to the other ME2 DLC. Without giving too much away, there's a lot of dialogue specific to whether you play the mission mid-game or after you beat it, and of course whether you romanced Liara and cheated on her or not. After you complete it there's other stuff to mess around with as well.

Xevious
09-07-2010, 07:07 PM
Now Witch Hunt for Dragon Age... that one sucks. :depressed

balli
09-07-2010, 07:11 PM
Yeah, the good ol' probing Uranus Easter egg.

I downloaded the DLC this morning, and played it for about 10 minutes. Then, my DVD drive went crazy and the game froze. My 360 wouldn't boot up or eject, son of a bitch.

I finally got it working before I'm left, but I'm sure the DVD drive is still kinda fucked.
The story didn't say anything about the 360, but I was just reading over at Kotaku that the PC release is completely broken. Hope there isn't some 360 glitch that broke your drive.

resistanze
09-07-2010, 10:31 PM
The story didn't say anything about the 360, but I was just reading over at Kotaku that the PC release is completely broken. Hope there isn't some 360 glitch that broke your drive.

Yeah, that freaking sucks for the PC.

My 360 has been flawless up to this point and is only 10 months old. I have to use a paper clip to manually open the tray, and played around with the tray until it would open/close. I installed the ME2 disc to my HD with no problems and finished the DLC.

The actual storyline/mission parts weren't incredibly long; maybe slightly longer than the previous DLCs. But the extras and the things available after you finish it make it a cut above the rest. Plus, it's the first DLC to be actually relevant to the storyline.

8/10 from me.

resistanze
09-08-2010, 11:30 AM
I should add, the two boss fights in the DLC are among the best in ME2. Much more exciting than the final boss (still confused on why they went that direction in the storyline, but that's another issue).

Xevious
09-08-2010, 12:59 PM
Bioware is taking some heat for these two DLCs. As was already mentioned, LotSB is broken for PC (not sure if it has been fixed yet), and Witch Hunt just flat out sucked. Not only that, it's bugged. It hasn't been carrying over people's choices correctly from Origins and Awakening.

In any case, after messing around with Shadow Broker a little more, I really like it. The little spy videos you can watch at the end are awesome.

redzero
09-20-2010, 09:38 AM
Okay, I decided to play this and the Kasumi DLC.

They are hard as fuck on Insanity. Shadow Broker might be twice as long, but the last fight on Stolen Memory took me over an hour. It didn't help that I was playing as an Adept.

resistanze
09-20-2010, 10:33 AM
Okay, I decided to play this and the Kasumi DLC.

They are hard as fuck on Insanity. Shadow Broker might be twice as long, but the last fight on Stolen Memory took me over an hour. It didn't help that I was playing as an Adept.

tbh, I flew through ME2 on Insanity (as an Infiltrator), but the boss for Katsumi's mission took me the longest. It didn't help that I didn't upgrade her skills to include overload, so she was just trying to assassinate strike everything and failing. I died like 7-8 times on that chopper boss and I never died that much for the rest of the game.

redzero
09-20-2010, 11:41 AM
tbh, I flew through ME2 on Insanity (as an Infiltrator), but the boss for Katsumi's mission took me the longest. It didn't help that I didn't upgrade her skills to include overload, so she was just trying to assassinate strike everything and failing. I died like 7-8 times on that chopper boss and I never died that much for the rest of the game.

I'm guessing that playing as an Infiltrator is better than playing as an Adept. Having to use Warp all the time isn't fun.

The helicopter fight sucked hard. The biggest problem wasn't even the helicopter; it was the damn mooks. Every time they got on the side of me, I was finished.

Next time I play through ME2, I'm definitely not going to be an Adept. Both of my playthroughs have been Adepts, and I'm tired of being underpowered.

Xevious
09-21-2010, 08:08 AM
I'm guessing that playing as an Infiltrator is better than playing as an Adept. Having to use Warp all the time isn't fun.

The helicopter fight sucked hard. The biggest problem wasn't even the helicopter; it was the damn mooks. Every time they got on the side of me, I was finished.

Next time I play through ME2, I'm definitely not going to be an Adept. Both of my playthroughs have been Adepts, and I'm tired of being underpowered.
Unfortunately most of the powers in ME2 are used to drop enemy protection. Crowd control or damage skills have limited use because they don't work while enemy shields are up, and enemies die quick enough when their shields are dropped - even on insanity. As an infiltrator, you're still just spamming your teammates' overload/warp/concussive shot/etc so you can get a killing head-shot.

The Infiltrator is probably the best offensive class in ME2. The Vangaurd is still my favorite though, but trying to play one on Insanity is pretty painful. Compare that to the first game where a Vangaurd with singularity as a bonus skill can walk through the entire game without hardly being toughed. Your teammates are just there to keep you company, they don't actually have to do anything.

resistanze
09-21-2010, 02:33 PM
^^ Pretty much. After you get the Widow sniper halfway through the game, you're pretty much unstoppable.

Widow + Warp Ammo + Assassination Cloak = One shot HS kills (even with full barrier/shields)

Soldier I heard is also pretty easy on Insanity. You get every weapon class and can freeze time with Adrenaline Rush (with double the damage bonus). Sentinels are also good from what I hear (Overload + Tech Armor).