PDA

View Full Version : Shaq takes a shot at Mo Williams

LeHeat_Dynasty
09-04-2010, 10:24 AM
http://network.yardbarker.com/nba/artic ... ms/3168605 (http://network.yardbarker.com/nba/article_external/your_morning_dump_where_shaq_takes_a_shot_at_mo_wi lliams/3168605)

LeHeat_Dynasty
09-04-2010, 10:24 AM
"I like that they play together and nobody really worries about shots, " O'Neal said. "When I was with Cleveland, guys who couldn't even play were worried about shots. Why was Mo (Williams) taking 15 shots, and I'm only taking four? If LeBron takes 20 shots, that's cool.

"So I said, let me get with a good team for the last two years. I don't mind people calling me a journeyman. I've been programmed to move around every three years."

Ouch

:lol

Ashy Larry
09-04-2010, 10:43 AM
I wouldn't mind Mo taking 15 shots especially if he's shooting 45% or higher from three range, which he was; and is a 90% free throw shooter. During the regular season, Mo is money. Then he suffers from Eddie Jones syndrome.

Nahtanoj
09-04-2010, 10:49 AM
Which reminds me of a quote by Shaqdaddy: "If you want the big dog to protect the frontcourt, you gotta feed the big dog."

Ashy Larry
09-04-2010, 10:55 AM
Which reminds me of a quote by Shaqdaddy: "If you want the big dog to protect the frontcourt, you gotta feed the big dog."

Can't be the MDE when you've never led the league in blocked shots or rebounding ...... hard to fathom.

Venti Quattro
09-04-2010, 10:55 AM
it's shaq, move on nothing to see here...

Purch
09-04-2010, 10:59 AM
Burn those bridges shaq

Purch
09-04-2010, 11:08 AM
Shaq continues to burn the bridges.

Lakers/Kobe
1UziUhf1ukw

Heat/Wade
FdHF215m7w8

Magic/Stan Van Gundy
Phoenix Suns center Shaquille O'Neal ripped his former coach, Stan Van Gundy, on Wednesday after Van Gundy complained about O'Neal flopping the previous night in a loss at Orlando, pulling no punches in one of the stronger diatribes of his 17½ year career.

"I heard his comment. Flopping to me is doing it more than one time, and I realized when I tried to take the charge, as I went down, I realized that that play reminded me of his whole coaching career," O'Neal said of Van Gundy. "And one thing I really despise is a front-runner, so I know for a fact that he's a master of panic, and when it gets time for his team to go in the postseason and do certain things, he will let them down because of his panic. I've been there before, I've played for him."

Cavs/Mo Williams

"I like that they play together and nobody really worries about shots, " O'Neal said. "When I was with Cleveland, guys who couldn't even play were worried about shots. Why was Mo (Williams) taking 15 shots, and I'm only taking four? If LeBron takes 20 shots, that's cool.

"So I said, let me get with a good team for the last two years. I don't mind people calling me a journeyman. I've been programmed to move around every three years."

PGDynasty24
09-04-2010, 11:13 AM
Shaq is vicious

Ashy Larry
09-04-2010, 11:24 AM
Shaquille barely hit Wade on that play ........

hitmanyr2k
09-04-2010, 11:36 AM
Can't be the MDE when you've never led the league in blocked shots or rebounding ...... hard to fathom.

Shaq coasted the regular seasons but he certainly brought it during playoff time.

PGDynasty24
09-04-2010, 11:51 AM
Shaq is in no way close to most dominant,how easily people forget how dominant of a athlete Wilt was. Wilt was a 6-11 world class track athelete,he was amazingly strong and was a amateur boxer. Wilt was a beast

Ashy Larry
09-04-2010, 12:03 PM
Shaq coasted the regular seasons but he certainly brought it during playoff time.

I'll definitely agree with that ..... playoff time, Shaquille really stepped up. Reason why 34 should be retired and raised in Staples.

JamStone
09-04-2010, 12:43 PM
Why was Mo (Williams) taking 15 shots, and I'm only taking four?

Because you're old and fat.

Retire.

lil_penny
09-04-2010, 12:48 PM
it's shaq, move on nothing to see here...

TheHeatIsOn
09-05-2010, 12:05 AM
I'll definitely agree with that ..... playoff time, Shaquille really stepped up. Reason why 34 should be retired and raised in Staples.

+1 Props

Booharv
09-05-2010, 12:07 AM
If you're new to the website Laker fans here hate on Shaq so they can diminish his Lakers legacy and build up Kobe's Legacy from the first threepeat. That's why they shit on a guy who gifted them and Kobe three rings.

Booharv
09-05-2010, 12:18 AM
Shaq's regular season Lakers stats, talk about looking at things with a "glass is half empty" view:

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4151/4959315878_cbbf2ab6bf_b.jpg

Nahtanoj
09-05-2010, 01:24 AM
If you're new to the website Laker fans here hate on Shaq so they can diminish his Lakers legacy and build up Kobe's Legacy from the first threepeat. That's why they shit on a guy who gifted them and Kobe three rings.

Some of the Laker fans hate on Shaq.. those that never forgave him for how he conducted himself after the dynasty was broken up with regards to Buss, Kobe etc. But you and I know that is just Shaq, like he said: "all marketing baby, I know what I'm doing". There are a lot of Laker fans that are still very fond of Shaqdaddy, what he achieved while being a Los Angeles Laker and what he meant to the franchise those years.

Jt.ONE
09-05-2010, 01:40 AM
Shaq's regular season Lakers stats, talk about looking at things with a "glass is half empty" view:

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4151/4959315878_cbbf2ab6bf_b.jpg

nice FT% there shaqdaddy. :rolleyes

Nahtanoj
09-05-2010, 04:10 AM
Shaq takes shots to create a bit of hype and market team/player matchups. We know physically his game has declined, but his media game is still very sharp. :)

resistanze
09-05-2010, 10:07 AM
Shaq's comments after being traded to the Suns
"I love playing for this coach and I love playing with these guys," said O'Neal yesterday. "We have professionals who know what to do. No one is asking me to play with Chris Quinn or Ricky Davis. I'm actually on a team again."

:lmao

What a fat piece of shit.

Chieflion
09-05-2010, 10:09 AM
"I love playing for this coach and I love playing with these guys," said O'Neal yesterday. "We have professionals who know what to do. No one is asking me to play with Chris Quinn or Ricky Davis. I'm actually on a team again."

To be fair, Shaq is right. No legit NBA caliber player would want to play with them. They are not even signed now.

resistanze
09-05-2010, 10:19 AM
To be fair, Shaq is right. No legit NBA caliber player would want to play with them. They are not even signed now.
Disparaging other players because they're not good - is that really necessary?

I would accept your point if Shaq had the balls to say it while he was still on the Heat. But getting traded then badmouthing players you played with the minute you're gone makes you a bitch, no exceptions.

Funny thing is, Shaq went on to wear out his stay on his next two teams.

Giuseppe
09-05-2010, 10:34 AM

He was honestly hilarious when he realized Duncan had went to the arc on him....him running unreserved/full blast out there was a Fat Albert moment in NBA history.

Chieflion
09-05-2010, 11:00 AM
Disparaging other players because they're not good - is that really necessary?

I would accept your point if Shaq had the balls to say it while he was still on the Heat. But getting traded then badmouthing players you played with the minute you're gone makes you a bitch, no exceptions.

Funny thing is, Shaq went on to wear out his stay on his next two teams.

I am guessing Shaq already showed his discontent while on the Heat, performing like shit on purpose in the 2007-2008 stay with the Heat, then suddenly playing well on the Suns. Maybe all of his discontent wasn't publicized like while he was on the Lakers but he certainly had some of it. Shaq's story is well documented, to be the media clown and be in the spotlight. I don't think he is insulting the players as much as he was insulting management for not surrounding Dwyane Wade and him with the supporting cast they deserve to go on another title run instead of preparing for 2010.

Shaq, being on the twilight of his career, definitely felt angry at Heat management trying to throw away the next 2 years of his career just to swoop up the FA market in 2010, which was why he demanded out. He was definitely discontent with Heat management for pulling all this bullshit. He could have an example of any Heat player that year and it wouldn't have mattered. Remember, this was still when Duncan and Shaq both had 3 rings each. Miami was blatantly tanking, but no one talked about it because they ended up with a pothead, all these reasons for Shaq's negative feelings about Miami. He did get 1 championship with the Heat but people would never learn to be content, especially an icon like Shaq.

In the end, the Heat justified the means by signing both James and Bosh, along with Wade to swoop up all the top 3 prizes in the 2010 FA market.

Steve Kerr
09-05-2010, 11:21 AM
Of all the people you can criticize Shaq for taking shots at, Mo fucking Williams isn't one of them. With all the shit talk, dumb shot selection, choking, and cockiness we've seen from Williams while he's been Lebron's bag boy the last two years, he's easily one of the most hatable players in the NBA.

Giuseppe
09-05-2010, 11:21 AM
I am guessing Shaq already showed his discontent while on the Heat, performing like shit on purpose in the 2007-2008 stay with the Heat, then suddenly playing well on the Suns.

Though D'Antoni shovin' him out to chase the pick-&-roll 20 feet from the basket was choice.

tee, hee.

Killakobe81
09-05-2010, 01:09 PM
I don't hate on Shaq to build up Kobe ...
Shaq had all natural gifts to be MDE ...
But he never fully reaized or developed his game.
Was he the driving force for the 3 peat? Yes, he was. But he also was the primary reason, why the Lakers underperformed in teh regular seasons in 2001 -2003. All the late surgeries, out of shape off-seasons, and the media war with Buss and Bryant were ALL initiated by Shaq. Not saying Buss and especially Bryant are blameless ...BUT look at Shaq's track record who else have THEY beefed with? Shaq has burnt more bridges than General Sherman ...

Shaq definitely deserves jersey hanging, but no statue and his place in Lakers lore will be far behind Magic, Kareem, Kobe and West ...

Steve Kerr
09-05-2010, 01:15 PM
I don't hate on Shaq to build up Kobe ...
Shaq had all natural gifts to be MDE ...
But he never fully reaized or developed his game.
Was he the driving force for the 3 peat? Yes, he was. But he also was the primary reason, why the Lakers underperformed in teh regular seasons in 2000 -2003. All the late surgeries, out of shape off-seasons, and the media war with Buss and Bryant were ALL initiated by Shaq. Not saying Buss and especially Bryant are blameless ...BUT look at Shaq's track record who else have THEY beefed with? Shaq has burnt more bridges than General Sherman ...

Shaq definitely deserves jersey hanging, but no statue and his place in Lakers lore will be far behind Magic, Kareem, Kobe and West ...
The Lakers underperformed in the 2000 regular season? 67 wins wasn't good enough? It's grasping at straws to say the least when Shaq leads LA to a championship 3 times from 2000-2003, and your response is, "but they coulda been better in the regular season :cry," while completely neglecting the fact Kobe's selfish play in 2003 and 2004 was what stood in the way of a possible 5-peat. The Lakers stopped winning championships when Kobe took over as the #1 option, Shaq had every right to gripe about being told to become a sidekick after leading a team to a 3-peat.

Killakobe81
09-05-2010, 01:24 PM
The Lakers underperformed in the 2000 regular season? 67 wins wasn't good enough? It's grasping at straws to say the least when Shaq leads LA to a championship 3 times from 2000-2003, and your response is, "but they coulda been better in the regular season :cry," while completely neglecting the fact Kobe's selfish play in 2003 and 2004 was what stood in the way of a possible 5-peat. The Lakers stopped winning championships when Kobe took over as the #1 option, Shaq had every right to gripe about being told to become a sidekick after leading a team to a 3-peat.

I meant 2001- 2003 typo ...
And as far as Kobe being selfish I am not ignoring that part only pointing out why some Laker fans have a problem with Shaq. Was not that what the post I was quoting talking about? Why the need to interject Kobe here? there is a kobe thread for that. Isn't that the #1 complaint about NBA forum fans that Laker fans always bring up Kobe? Read my post again smart guy.

As for Kobe I blame him for 2004 ...I blame both for 2003 FTR ...

Killakobe81
09-05-2010, 01:26 PM

Learn to read son, I thought the University of Arizona was a institution of higher learning ...I said ESPECIALLY BRYANT was not blameles ...

Steve Kerr
09-05-2010, 01:38 PM
Learn to read son, I thought the University of Arizona was a institution of higher learning ...I said ESPECIALLY BRYANT was not blameles ...
:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

You of all people is telling someone learn to read? The person on this site who doesn't know how to properly end a sentence is telling someone else learn to read :lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao. Maybe next you can tell me I shouldn't confuse the 13th and 16th overall picks.

Oh and I'm just confirming but in this post you're admitting Kobe is the party to be blamed for the Lakers underachieving in 2003 and 2004?

Steve Kerr
09-05-2010, 01:39 PM
I meant 2001- 2003 typo ...
Sure you did. In the future you should hit up basketball-reference before attempting to talk about the Lakers prior to 02-01-08

Killakobe81
09-05-2010, 01:46 PM
:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

You of all people is telling someone learn to read? The person on this site who doesn't know how to properly end a sentence is telling someone else learn to read :lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao. Maybe next you can tell me I shouldn't confuse the 13th and 16th overall picks.

Oh and I'm just confirming but in this post you're admitting Kobe is the party to be blamed for the Lakers underachieving in 2003 and 2004?

What does reading comprehension have to do with punctuation? Two seperate things. And yes, I blame Kobe for 2004 and Both Shaq and Kobe for 2003 (primarily shaq for his off-season stuff, I thought I SAID THAT already) again, reading comprehension.

Steve Kerr
09-05-2010, 01:49 PM
And yes I blame Kobe for 2004 and Both Shaq and Kobe for 2003, again reading comprehension.
OK, so Kobe is more to blame for the post 3-peat shitstorm than Shaq. I find it odd you never criticize him for it, but anyway.

Thanks for playing.

Killakobe81
09-05-2010, 01:58 PM
OK, so Kobe is more to blame for the post 3-peat shitstorm than Shaq. I find it odd you never criticize him for it, but anyway.

Thanks for playing.

I have. Plenty of times. Just because you aren't privy to it or choose to ignore it. In the thread about your franchise worst moments, (a month back or so) I said that I hated 2003 EVEN more than 2004. Because of the back-fighting that team went through. Winning that title was more relief than excitement for me. And I was ready for the team to be dismantled from THAT off-season. But I did not post here then. So how would you know? As for me not bringing it up more often, why would I? I don't create threads saying Kobe is the GOAT or crap like that. I am no blind Kobe homer, he is not even my all-time favorite Laker so I could care less if I didn't know his draft slot. Many assume he is my favorite, but I chose the name for the "haters" on here. Magic is my favorite Laker. He was drafted #1 BTW ...LOL but who cares?

Killakobe81
09-05-2010, 01:59 PM
Sure you did. In the future you should hit up basketball-reference before attempting to talk about the Lakers prior to 02-01-08

Is this my response to my join date so should I look up this "troll account" join date and judge you posts by that as well? Real, smart.

Steve Kerr
09-05-2010, 02:01 PM
In the thread about your franchise worst moments, (a month back or so) I said that I hated 2003 EVEN more than 2004. Because of the back-fighting that team went through. Winning that title was more relief than excitement for me.
The Lakers didn't win a title in 2003. Again, here's a link if you wanna talk about the pre 02-01-08 Lakers

http://www.basketball-reference.com/

Killakobe81
09-05-2010, 02:10 PM
The Lakers didn't win a title in 2003. Again, here's a link if you wanna talk about the pre 02-01-08 Lakers

What year was the 2002 NBA FINALS played in? The 2000 Season was played in 2001 the 2001 season in 2002 and the 2002 season in 2003.
So I look at the year the Finals was won, you use the year that season started.

I know you are trying to be a smart ass ... but you are being more the former than the latter.

Steve Kerr
09-05-2010, 02:12 PM
What year was the 2002 NBA FINALS played in? The 2000 Season was played in 2001 the 2001 season in 2002 and the 2002 season in 2003.
So I look at the year the Finals was won, you use the year that season started.
:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

The 2002 finals were played in 2002. The "XXXX season" always ends in the year XXXX.

The 2000 season started in 1999 and played in 2000. It was never played in 2001.

again, when you're trying to talk pre 02-01-08, consult

Steve Kerr
09-05-2010, 02:15 PM
Here's a link to the last game of the last finals the Kobe-Shaq lakers won.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/200206120NJN.html

Let the record show the top of the page has the date "June 12, 2002"

MavDynasty
09-05-2010, 02:35 PM
DoK with the fucking goods :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

Killakobe81
09-05-2010, 02:41 PM
Here's a link to the last game of the last finals the Kobe-Shaq lakers won.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/200206120NJN.html

Let the record show the top of the page has the date "June 12, 2002"

If i made a mistake by a year I will be man enough to admit it. You don't have to post all of this ...I was wrong. Look you asked me who I blamed for the end of the 3peat? I answered it. I blame Kobe almost solely for 2004. While I blame Shaq and Kobe for the end of the 3peat I put more weight on shaq for it. He gets the primary credit for the titles why does he not get the blame for the struggles too?

Look I want to apologize (not for my mistake of year) but for the learn to read post. It was immature, even if I was responding to a smartass remark. If you want to talk about ball, cool I enjoy a healthy debate. I freely admit grammar, draft slots and stats mean little to me. But titles do. This thread was about Shaq and now we are way off track. You want to discuss Shaq or anything basketball related ...cool. If you want to get in a basketball, fact finding dick measuring contest ...you won, OK? But I am still waiting for you to repond to what I actually said (or meant) than focusing on the year. You asked me why do I not criticize Kobe for his role and I told you where I did. Instead of researching or discussing that, you went to bball reff, to point out a mistake i made on the year ...

Basketballgirl25
09-05-2010, 02:42 PM
I was thinking while reading this, if I got a buck for all the stupid things NBA players have said this summer I'd be rich

MavDynasty
09-05-2010, 02:46 PM
Then you could go on more cruises tbh

Steve Kerr
09-05-2010, 02:47 PM
He gets the primary credit for the titles why does he not get the blame for the struggles too?

Um, because he wasn't the one taking 40 shots at 30% shooting in vital playoff games or doing shit like letting Bruce fucking Bowen score 27 points (lol letting Bruce Bowen score 27 points) in a playoff game. Kobe decided to get cocky and take a my way or the highway approach after watching Shaq win his 3rd finals MVP, and the Lakers immediately stopped winning titles once Kobe became the 1st option. They 3-peated when they were Shaq's team, they lost to inferior team's when they became Kobe's team.

Steve Kerr
09-05-2010, 02:47 PM
Then you could go on more cruises tbh

Killakobe81
09-05-2010, 03:05 PM
Um, because he wasn't the one taking 40 shots at 30% shooting in vital playoff games or doing shit like letting Bruce fucking Bowen score 27 points (lol letting Bruce Bowen score 27 points) in a playoff game. Kobe decided to get cocky and take a my way or the highway approach after watching Shaq win his 3rd finals MVP, and the Lakers immediately stopped winning titles once Kobe became the 1st option. They 3-peated when they were Shaq's team, they lost to inferior team's when they became Kobe's team.

If you feel this way, I repect that. Cherry picking a particular game is kind of silly to me though TBH. I followed the team closely, using stats as an indicator of what was going on within and around the team is lacking in perespective.

Kobe as good as he is ...I never had a problem with the number of shots he takes, just his shot selection. So yes he has shot poorly in some playoff games. But to me, that is a lessor crime than not being in shape to start the season for an elite team or improving your FT shooting so you can be counted on late in games.

I was sick of BOTH players after the back to back titles. But if I had to choose I would of done what Buss did and choose Kobe. Can anyone seriously say he made the wrong choice?

Steve Kerr
09-05-2010, 03:08 PM
No he didn't make the wrong choice Kobe was the younger player who was entering his prime while Shaq was leaving his prime.

I've always thought coasting through the regular season was smart, IMO taking dumb shots in the playoffs (as in games you can't lose) is way worse than being out of shape for November games that mean jack shit. Shaq was always ready to go for the playoffs and stepped up when he needed to. Kobe seemed more concerned with winning as the alpha dog than winning.

Killakobe81
09-05-2010, 03:14 PM
No he didn't make the wrong choice Kobe was the younger player who was entering his prime while Shaq was leaving his prime.

I've always thought coasting through the regular season was smart, IMO taking dumb shots in the playoffs (as in games you can't lose) is way worse than being out of shape for November games that mean jack shit. Shaq was always ready to go for the playoffs and stepped up when he needed to. Kobe seemed more concerned with winning as the alpha dog than winning.

And you maybe right. I am not a shrink ...so I don't try and psycho-analyze why Kobe did what he did. You speak as those you know for sure why he did...I am not saying you are wrong. But you could look at articles where Kobe implies that he had a hard time respecting Shaq as the leader or "alpha dog" because he did not take the game seriously enough. As far as a strategy I agree, you don't want to burn out early, but for a man of Shaq's size I always felt he would decline faster if he did not take care of himself back then. Granted injuries have not been a MAJOR issue like i thought back then, but his game has declined faster because of it IMHO. But Like I said, I don't absolve Kobe for his actions ..if you thought I would, you are looking at the wrong Laker fan. In fact colorado set the tone for a miserable 2004 ...maybe we lose the Pistons anyway ...but I knew our chances were shitty after the rape allegation ...

Nahtanoj
09-05-2010, 11:42 PM
Being out of shape coming into the season is unprofessional IMO. Also it puts a strain on the rest of the team physically - with 23.5M sitting on the injured list because he wants to heal his sore toe (that could've been dealt with in the off-season by the way) and having Samaki/Madsen play C in 2003.

The great ones never take a day or a game off, they compete every game, it doesn't matter if it is a meaningless December game, fans pay to watch the games, and it is the professional thing to do to make sure you're ready to play and to compete. I remember LeBron sitting out a few games at the end of last season although he was healthy (then they came up with this weird elbow injury later on), and he got critisized for that. Jordan would not have done that. Kobe wouldn't do that, because they know they owe it to the fans, to the game itself.

LkrFan
09-06-2010, 12:55 AM
Snaq should take a shot at P90X and get his lard-ass back in shape. He should be ashamed of himself for letting himself balloon to 400+lbs like that. His laziness cost him (and my Lakers more importantly) at least 2 more rings.

Venti Quattro
09-06-2010, 01:01 AM
Snaq should take a shot at P90X and get his lard-ass back in shape. He should be ashamed of himself for letting himself balloon to 400+lbs like that. His laziness cost him (and my Lakers more importantly) at least 2 more rings.

If you're not going to feed me the ball then I'm not going to play defense :cry

mabrignani
09-06-2010, 01:46 AM
Heat/Wade
FdHF215m7w8

what a flop