PDA

View Full Version : Contracts

Big Pimp_21
05-19-2005, 03:59 PM
Who all is up for free agency at the end of the season (not that its coming any time soon)?

I know Devin is and I think Willy Wonka is too (Marks), but who else? With the money that we gave Manu, TP, and Barry, can we afford to bring back Devin? I would bet that another team will offer him decent money, but does his loyalty to SA outweigh more money? Also, are we bringing over Scola or not?

ducks
05-19-2005, 04:00 PM
depends on the new cba

ALVAREZ6
05-19-2005, 04:01 PM
We should keep Devin since he's young and I think he has a good career ahead of him. Trade Brent, we don't really need him.

That's what I would do, oh yeah, and bring over Scola of course...

ducks
05-19-2005, 04:03 PM
spurs should not overpay brown
because of his back

Big Pimp_21
05-19-2005, 04:04 PM
did we sign horry for 1 year or 2? He really helped out this year. I was oposed to resigning him after last year's no-show, but now I'm really glad we did.

spurs_fan_in_exile
I think Devin will be back because I think a lot of teams are going to be a little reticent about picking him up with his back going crazy on him like that. I really feel for the guy because he was really starting to hit his stride and look like the Devin from the Lakers series last year. There's a huge market for a guy like that, but I think his sudden and surprisingly debilitating back injury is really going to hurt the demand for him. And I think that his loyalty and the Spurs love for him is such that he'll stick around a little longer.

As far as Scola goes, probably. I think that was the big reason why they were so keen on dealing Malik's contract out and freeing up that cap room. Of course, if the collective bargaining shit doesn't get fixed that could be a moot point.

ducks
I would trade barry, scola for some long three
then I would sign big dog and kevin brown

ducks
05-19-2005, 04:05 PM
spurs got rid of rose because they got tired of waiting for rasho

ALVAREZ6
I would trade barry, scola for some long three
Are you serious?

violentkitten
kevin brown plays baseball you dumb bird

mmmmm bird

Xolotl
I think it's going to be hard to trade Brent. Especially with his 15+ milllion dollar contract at the end of the year. And since he hasn't produced damn near nothing this whole year. Who would want that?

Big Pimp_21
05-19-2005, 04:06 PM
spurs should not overpay brown
because of his back

Not overpay him, but not just let him go either. He is a big spark off the bench when he's healthy and he's the type of guy that fans love and really get behind.

pooh
05-19-2005, 04:06 PM
First thing's first...see if there "is" a season next year before thinking ahead.

ALVAREZ6
05-19-2005, 04:08 PM
First thing's first...see if there "is" a season next year before thinking ahead.
If the lockout actually occurs, I will personally kill David Stern.

That is so much crap, so many people will be pissed if there is no 2005-06 season.

Xolotl
05-19-2005, 04:08 PM

I don't think we have to worry about that. The NBA doesn't want to make the same mistakes as the NHL and MLB. Sure MLB is back but it's not as big as it used to be IMO. The NHL will never be the same(except maybe in Canada). The NFL is the only sport to recover but did they lose a whole year?? I was too young at the time.

MadDog73
05-19-2005, 04:10 PM
I guess it'd be good for the WNBA... :cuss

spurs_fan_in_exile
05-19-2005, 04:10 PM
I really hope there isn't another lock out because I don't think Grant Hill's ankle is healthy enough to do any more Sprite commercials where he and Tim mow lawns.

Xolotl
05-19-2005, 04:12 PM
I guess it'd be good for the WNBA... :cuss

I think the MLS needs a lockout, f that they need to retract that league....both of them

spurschick
05-19-2005, 04:18 PM
What about Dion Glover? Does anybody think it would be worth it to sign him for a year or two?

Xolotl
05-19-2005, 04:21 PM
What about Dion Glover? Does anybody think it would be worth it to sign him for a year or two?

Didn't they let him go since he was injury prone? Also, maybe I'm the only one but I think we're ok at the PG. We just need a reliable SG maybe SF. But I could be wrong so if you dont agree then FU :p

spurschick
05-19-2005, 04:26 PM
Didn't they let him go since he was injury prone? Also, maybe I'm the only one but I think we're ok at the PG. We just need a reliable SG maybe SF.

They let him go because they picked up Big Dog. I was actually considering Glover in the SF position and being a deep backup at PG or SG. He seemed to bring a lot of energy. I think some quality time with the team could really develop him to be an asset come playoff time.

samikeyp
05-19-2005, 04:27 PM

not Kevin Brown..his arm is shot. :lol

Xolotl
05-19-2005, 04:28 PM
They let him go because they picked up Big Dog. I was actually considering Glover in the SF position and being a deep backup at PG or SG. He seemed to bring a lot of energy. I think some quality time with the team could really develop him to be an asset come playoff time.

Oh ok I do remember him being hurt when they first got him. I thought maybe he had always just gotten hurt. Thank you Ms. Chick now I know.......and yes indeed knowing is half the battle

spur219
05-19-2005, 04:35 PM
It's not David Stern causing the commotion. He is actually a negotiation genious. It's the agents and the NBPA that are very selfish and want more money and more longer max contracts and to get rid of the rookie fixed contracts.

ducks
05-19-2005, 04:54 PM
ok wise guys Kwame Brown

yes I am still not sold on scola and scola is not tall he is like rose
also scola does not rebound that well

ducks
05-19-2005, 04:56 PM
Are you serious?

yes

brown would do wonders for spurs off the bench
he also is going to be cheap for a big
nice insurance if nazr does not resign with spurs
2 years brown could be worth something playing against duncan in practice

Xolotl
05-19-2005, 04:58 PM
[QUOTE=ducks]ok wise guys Kwame Brown /QUOTE]

I don't know about that one. I'm starting to see Kwame Brown as more of the Olawakandi type. He's a cancer. Yes maybe coming to the Spurs will straighten him out. But, is that something your willing to pay for long term to find out? Maybe he'll sign a 3 yr deal, but still that would leave less money for Brown and others.