PDA

View Full Version : 2010 Pac-10 Thread

Steve Kerr
09-04-2010, 10:35 PM
I'm not gonna restate the obvious about how wide open it is, but I just figured those who follow a Pac-10 team could use this. What we see after week 1:

Jake Locker along with Washington are overrated as hell

Oregon State bit off more than they could chew with non-conference scheduling

Oregon's offense seems to be rolling fine without Masoli

Washington State and UCLA still suck

IMO, as "wide open" as the Pac-10 is, the 5 schools with a realistic shot at winning it an making the Rose Bowl are Stanford, Cal, Oregon, Oregon State and Arizona. Washington has proven nothing and is still a below .500 team.

IronMexican
09-04-2010, 10:43 PM
USC is going to win it and go to the Rose Bowl.

Steve Kerr
09-04-2010, 11:10 PM
Good point.

Fail is me

Venti Quattro
09-09-2010, 03:19 PM
can we talk about pac-10 basketball here?

lol ucla sucks :cry

the wear twins... great fucking recruits :cry

Beaverfuzz
09-10-2010, 12:07 AM

Considering that USC can't go to the Rose Bowl, that would be some feat!

DUNCANownsKOBE2
09-18-2010, 04:26 PM
Jake Locker right now
2 of 10, 20 yards, 0 TDs, 1 interception
lol the team dumb enough to use a top 5 pick on this guy

DUNCANownsKOBE2
09-18-2010, 04:30 PM
lol me accidentally reverse jinxing him

IronMexican
09-18-2010, 08:01 PM
Considering that USC can't go to the Rose Bowl, that would be some feat!

I'm hoping you can sense sarcasm.

symple19
09-19-2010, 09:30 AM
Oregon is fucking ridiculous, as things stand now I can't see anyone beating them (in the Pac-10). It's early though

This is off the top of my head, but I think I heard that they've scored 189 points in 180 minutes. That's just stupid

DUNCANownsKOBE2
09-19-2010, 09:35 AM
They've played terrible teams but they are def. the team to beat. Arizona matches up A LOT better with them this year if their D is healthy because their linebackers are way more athletic than people thought and will do better against the spread than the linebackers last year, and if both Elmore and Reid (there DEs) are healthy they can get pressure without blitzes. The shitty thing is they play Oregon in hippie land and Oregon is impossible to beat at home.

symple19
09-19-2010, 09:40 AM
No doubt they're tough at home. Oregon is also prone to not showing up at least once during the year, hence the reason you never see them in a title game.

Arizona has shown that they can control clock, always a key against spread teams, but will need to watch the turnovers and run the ball better going forward, IMO

DUNCANownsKOBE2
09-19-2010, 09:45 AM
Yeah the egg Oregon lays every year might end up biting UA in the ass if they lose to Oregon. I could see a scenario similar to 1998 with UCLA where UA is 11-1 (their one loss being to Oregon) and all they need is for Oregon to win its final game and clinch a national championship birth, but then OSU is really inspired to cock block and beat them so both teams are 11-1 but Oregon has the Rose Bowl tie breaker.

Ashy Larry
09-19-2010, 11:09 AM
USC should be able to finish with a decent record and go bowling ..........

never mind

Ashy Larry
09-19-2010, 11:09 AM
Arizona looked good yesterday. Mike Stoops will save his ass after all

DUNCANownsKOBE2
09-19-2010, 11:56 AM
Stoops still pulled his usual implosion act by completely losing his cool the minute things started going Iowa's way. Thank god for Nick Foles stepping up and being a player coach. Right after Bug Wright dropped the perfect pass Foles threw him Foles had everyone keep him calm and keep his head together so when Foles threw him the perfect pass again on 3rd down he wouldn't drop it.

They better make a Rose Bowl in the next 2 years because if they can't do it with by far their best QB in the last 30 years, they never will.

JMarkJohns
09-19-2010, 03:27 PM
Two years away from calling this the "Mother Fuckin' Arizona Conference"! Hahaha...

HUGE weekend, and I'm psyched to see a Turner, Johnson, Bejarano, Nash and D.Williams lineup in next year. Gonna devastate, for sure! No more athletic and balanced lineup in all of NCAA basketball than that right there. MAKE IT HAPPEN, NASH! DO IT!

tlongII
09-19-2010, 08:16 PM
Arizona looks pretty good this year. I think the Pac-10 is loaded this year tbh. Oregon, Stanford, Arizona, USC, and Oregon State are all good teams.

JMarkJohns
09-19-2010, 08:36 PM
Oregon is killing people. Where the fuck is the drop-off for a team that lost it's senior, Heisman-hopeful QB before the season? DAMN!

Arizona is good. They have a tough schedule with Oregon, Stanford and ASU on the road and CAL, Oregon State and USC at home. No weeks off, practically. Even their gimmie games are tough with Washington State and UCLA on the road. They MUST go 7-2 to have a legit chance at the Pac-10 and a Rose Bowl.

tlongII
09-19-2010, 08:52 PM
Oregon is killing people. Where the fuck is the drop-off for a team that lost it's senior, Heisman-hopeful QB before the season? DAMN!

Arizona is good. They have a tough schedule with Oregon, Stanford and ASU on the road and CAL, Oregon State and USC at home. No weeks off, practically. Even their gimmie games are tough with Washington State and UCLA on the road. They MUST go 7-2 to have a legit chance at the Pac-10 and a Rose Bowl.

Wazzu is a gimme game. They're horrible. That's it though. You have to bring your "A" game every week besides that one.

JMarkJohns
09-19-2010, 09:02 PM
No gimmies on the road, IMO. I do agree. Too many good teams.

The Gemini Method
09-23-2010, 12:17 PM
USC is the worst 3-0 team in the FBS...that's for sure. I dont know if it'll get better, but I won't be surprised if the Trojans go 6-6 at this point.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
09-23-2010, 12:22 PM
I would, their offense is good enough that they should be able to beat Wazu, UCLA and Washington while winning at least 1 other game.

The Gemini Method
09-23-2010, 12:49 PM
Yeah, you may be right about that...the Washington game will be in L.A. and a revenge mindset for Barkley and Co. I am hoping that they are competitive and if they win 7-8 games, that would be cool.