PDA

View Full Version : 2011 NBA Predictions

LeHeat_Dynasty
09-05-2010, 11:57 AM
MVP
Kobe Bryant

No injuries. No Summer Olympic games and plenty of rest. After winning back to back championships with the Lakers the voters went for a safe pick and awards Kobe with another MVP "This could be his last Superstar season, so lets give him this one award"... Peace Laker fans ;)

COY
Flip Saunders

Leads Wizards into a 50 win season. Arenas redeems himself and John wall flourishes as a rookie under his new coach.

ROY
Evan Turner

Sorry John Wall fans. Evan turner is just much NBA ready.

Scoring Champ
Kevin Durant

At 31.2 PPG, Durantula wins his second scoring title with ease. Arenas finishes 2nd with a 28.7 PPG averaged followed by Bryant with 27.9 PPG

DPOY
Lebron James

After garnering the second most votes for DPOY last year, Lebron finally bags this award home setting the tone for the leagues best ranked defense.

Come Back Player of the Year
Tracy McGrady

Yes. TMAC is Back! 17 ppg, 5 RPG, 4 APG and YES!!! he played 78 games averaging 29 minutes this season.

Player most likely to play with a new team
Carmelo Anthony

This is easy. New York, Utah, Los angeles (Clippers) or New Jersey, Melo will not finish his season with Denver next year. I think he'll end up in New York.

Most disappointing Player of the Year
Greg Oden

After several microfracture injuries and surgeries. Oden goes down again, 56 games into the season.

Most Improved
Brandon Jennings

Yes he was a low volume scorer. But the kid can play and this time around he upped his FG efficiency and scoring. his Assist/TO ratio also improved.

Most Notable NBA record of the season
Miami Heat winning 71 games

Miami came up short. But the 70 win plateau is no longer an impossible feat post Jordan/Bulls era.

2011 NBA Finals match up
Lakers vs Heat -Heat in 6

Miami with the HCA. Lakers barely escaped a lost against the Jazz in the WCF. Lebron & Wade dominates Los Angeles assaulting Phil Jackson, Steve Blake, Kobe Bryant and Derek Fisher's perimeter defense. Ron Artest implodes and gets into foul trouble. Theo Ratliff provided 6 fouls. Ultimately the Lakers showed age and their lack of desire to win it all after 4 Straight Finals appearance. Lebron willing to prove his critics wrong showed his vast array of offensive moves and defensive stops. With no one able to stop his quickness Wade torches LA with another NBA Finals record performance.

Finals MVP
Wade

Lebron was a close second MVP but Wade's prior experience in big games overshadowed Lebron this time.

MavDynasty
09-05-2010, 11:59 AM
:cry great fuckin prediction and analysis

Koolaid_Man
09-05-2010, 12:03 PM
MVP
Kobe Bryant

No injuries. No Summer Olympic games and plenty of rest. After winning back to back championships with the Lakers the voters went for a safe pick and awards Kobe with another MVP "This could be his last Superstar season, so lets give him this one award"... Peace Laker fans ;)

COY
Flip Saunders

Leads Wizards into a 50 win season. Arenas redeems himself and John wall flourishes as a rookie under his new coach.

ROY
Evan Turner

Sorry John Wall fans. Evan turner is just much NBA ready.

Scoring Champ
Kevin Durant

At 31.2 PPG, Durantula wins his second scoring title with ease. Arenas finishes 2nd with a 28.7 PPG averaged followed by Bryant with 27.9 PPG

DPOY
Lebron James

After garnering the second most votes for DPOY last year, Lebron finally bags this award home setting the tone for the leagues best ranked defense.

Tracy McGrady

Yes. TMAC is Back! 17 ppg, 5 RPG, 4 APG and YES!!! he played 78 games averaging 29 minutes this season.

Carmelo Anthony

This is easy. New York, Utah, Los angeles (Clippers) or New Jersey, Melo will not finish his season with Denver next year. I think he'll end up in New York.

Greg Oden

After several microfracture injuries and surgeries. Oden goes down again, 56 games into the season.

Most Improved
Brandon Jennings

Yes he was a low volume scorer. But the kid can play and this time around he upped his FG efficiency and scoring. his Assist/TO ratio also improved.

Most Notable NBA record of the season
Miami Heat winning 71 games

Miami came up short. But the 70 win plateau is no longer an impossible feat post Jordan/Bulls era.

2011 NBA Finals match up
Lakers vs Heat -Heat in 6

Miami with the HCA. Lakers barely escaped a lost against the Jazz in the WCF. Lebron & Wade dominates Los Angeles assaulting Phil Jackson, Steve Blake, Kobe Bryant and Derek Fisher's perimeter defense. Ron Artest implodes and gets into foul trouble. Theo Ratliff provided 6 fouls. Ultimately the Lakers showed age and their lack of desire to win it all after 4 Straight Finals appearance. Lebron willing to prove his critics wrong showed his vast array of offensive moves and defensive stops. With no one able to stop his quickness Wade torches LA with another NBA Finals record performance.

Finals MVP
Wade

Lebron was a close second MVP but Wade's prior experience in big games overshadowed Lebron this time.

Pipe Dream Ho ass negro...The regular season MVP is cursed...Regular season MVP is for that loser Lebron...in fact he and Wade will win Co-MVP...:lmao No reason to believe the Finals MVP ( which actually counts) will depart from it's rightful and current owner. :toast

LeHeat_Dynasty
09-05-2010, 12:04 PM
I forgot. Mavs eliminated by the Clippers in the first round.

U mad son?

Venti Quattro
09-05-2010, 12:29 PM
:cry great fuckin prediction and analysis

Ace
09-05-2010, 12:44 PM
Finals MVP ( which actually counts)
How many does Kobe have?

Ghazi
09-05-2010, 12:50 PM
Great fucking bandwagon fanbase :cry :cry

Steve Kerr
09-05-2010, 12:51 PM
Great fucking bandwagon fanbase :cry :cry
Crimson Tide fan :lol

MavDynasty
09-05-2010, 12:52 PM
lol shitty heat trolls

MavDynasty
I forgot. Mavs eliminated by the Clippers in the first round.

U mad son?

that's tellin me.

Ace
It burns when I pee :cry :cry
Yes we know

Ghazi
09-05-2010, 12:54 PM
Crimson Tide fan :lol

we staaaacked

Smooth Criminal
09-05-2010, 03:12 PM
How many does Kobe have?

More than Wade, Bosh and LeBron combined:toast

TheMACHINE
09-05-2010, 03:30 PM
no way Kobe gets MVP.

Ace
09-05-2010, 04:18 PM
More than Wade, Bosh and LeBron combined:toast

One more than Wade. Is the answer I was looking for and actually wanted Koolaids to answer since it only proves my. point that Kobe coat tailed Shaq.

Ashy Larry
09-05-2010, 05:07 PM
One more than Wade. Is the answer I was looking for and actually wanted Koolaids to answer since it only proves my. point that Kobe coat tailed Shaq.

I don't usually defend Bean but in the Real NBA Final between the Spurs and Lakers in the 2001 WCF, Kobe was clearly the best player on the floor and had better numbers. That series versus Philly was second rate at best.

Jt.ONE
09-05-2010, 05:17 PM
move along, nothing to see here...

miami heat 71 wins :lmao:lmao:lmao

mingus
09-05-2010, 05:23 PM
MVP: I think Bryant gets his hands on his first MVP award this year.
COY: Spoelstra
6th man: Mike Miller. I think he finally gets the recognition he deserves in Miami.
MIP: Bobios. He'll get the pt with an aging Kidd. showed a lot when he had pt.
ROY: Griffin
Come Back Player: Tony Parker
Scoring champ: Kevin Durant
DPOY: Lebron.
Most Wins: Lakers. they'll win 68. Miami will be the better team by the end of the season but will take time to get chemistry.
Western Conf. Champions: San Antonio Spurs
Eastern Conf. Champions: Miami Heat
NBA Champions: Miami Heat.

Ashy Larry
09-05-2010, 05:41 PM
MVP: I think Bryant gets his hands on his first MVP award this year.
COY: Spoelstra
6th man: Mike Miller. I think he finally gets the recognition he deserves in Miami.
MIP: Bobios. He'll get the pt with an aging Kidd. showed a lot when he had pt.
ROY: Griffin
Scoring champ: Kevin Durant
DPOY: Lebron.
Most Wins: Lakers. they'll win 68. Miami will be the better team by the end of the season but will take time to get chemistry.
Eastern Conf. Champions: Miami Heat
NBA Champions: Miami Heat.

How ???? Because that's a bet everyone would take in Vegas .....

TD 21
09-05-2010, 06:12 PM
MVP is going to be between Bryant, Howard and Durant.

James was going to be hard pressed to win it next season even had he stayed with the Cavs. Why? Because no one since Bird has won three straight, not even Jordan. And if Jordan hadn't done it, there's a good chance voters were going to make sure James wouldn't, either.

With voters no doubt aware that Bryant only has one for his career, don't be surprised if he's handed a second as a career achievement award. Should he win it? Of course not. I could care less that no games have been played yet, the reality is he's past his athletic prime and as much as he fights it, Gasol is perilously close to being his equal at this point. So if James isn't going to win in part because he has Wade, then Bryant shouldn't win in part because he has Gasol. For those of you that are slow, I'm not saying Gasol is Wade's equal. What I'm saying is, if James get's penalized for playing with a teammate who's almost his equal statistically, then so too should Bryant.

Howard has a chance because: He's widely considered a top five player and the best big man in the league and he's the centerpiece of what is likely to be the third best regular season team in the league. What does that all mean? It means that at some point, he's due to get the Nowitzki treatment, aka you've been one of the best players in the league for a while and are on an elite team, so since we've decided that the guys better than you on elite teams have won enough of these for now, it's your turn to be handed one.

Durant has a chance because: The Thunder are the new darlings of the league and if they live up to expectations as the second best team in the West (I don't think they will), that combined with people respecting and admiring the way Durant carries himself, plus their correctly anointing him as the next superstar in the league, will be enough to give him a shot. In the end, I think he get's the Paul treatment, aka you need to be a top five player on an elite team for longer than a season before we give you an MVP award.

mingus
09-05-2010, 07:12 PM
LOL

i'm supposed to believe a team that almost lost to OKC last year (a team which the Spurs played very well) and a depleted Rockets 2 years ago is supposed to have no competition?

seems it's true because i struck a chord wit some of yall.

Daddy_Of_All_Trolls
09-05-2010, 07:51 PM
LOL

i'm supposed to believe a team that almost lost to OKC last year (a team which the Spurs played very well) and a depleted Rockets 2 years ago is supposed to have no competition?

I have seen several people make the same claims about those series, but no one ever explain why OKC and the Rockets "almost" won. I suspect because they can't. So, you're handy, you just said it, let's see how you explain it.

Facts:

2010: Lakers vs. OKC, LA wins first two games, keeps the lead in close games. LA leads game 3 most the way, OKC makes a comeback and wins. Game 4 OKC wins in a blowout. Game 5 LA wns in a blowout. Game 6, LA ahead most the way, survives OKC's rally. WIns with 0.6 left on Gasol's rebound tip in. If a Game 7 ws needed it would be played in LA, where LA was perfect against OKC.

Please explain where OKC "Almost" won that series.

2009: Lakers vs. Rockets. Houston wins game 1, LA wins game 2. (Note, Houston made up a 15 point deficit in first half with Yao on the bench, a sign of things to come). Game 3 goes to LA, Lakers in control most the way. Yao' last game. Game 4, Hooston wins in a rout. Game 5 in LA, Lakers win by 40 points. Game 6, Rockets roll again. Game 7, Lakers win in another blowout.

Please explain where the Rockets "Almost" won that series.

While you're at it, explain how the Hawks almost beat the Celtics in 2008, taking them to 7 games. Note, Boston blew them out each game in Boston.

Thanks.

Jt.ONE
09-05-2010, 08:36 PM
DOAT bringing in the goods..

namlook
09-05-2010, 09:41 PM
Lakers barely escaped a lost against the Jazz in the WCF.

LOL, what? The Lakers own, and I mean own the Jazz. There's no way they would "barely escape" the Jazz.

koriwhat
09-05-2010, 09:52 PM
MVP: Tiago Splitter
COY: Pop
6th man: Ginobili
MIP: Dejuan Blair
ROY: Anderson
Scoring champ: Neal
DPOY: Duncan
Most Wins: Spurs
Eastern Conf. Champions: who cares
NBA Champions: Spurs

MavDynasty
09-05-2010, 11:22 PM
MVP: Tiago Splitter
COY: Pop
MIP: Dejuan Blair
ROY: Anderson
Scoring champ: Neal
DPOY: Duncan
Most Wins: Spurs
Eastern Conf. Champions: who cares
NBA Champions: Spurs

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

MavDynasty
09-05-2010, 11:22 PM
that was fucking awesome bro do it again!

Smooth Criminal
09-06-2010, 01:44 PM

One more than wade is just as true as my statement. Yes if Kobe coattailed shaq than LeBron and Bosh are both coat tailing too. Or Wade and bosh depending on who you think will be the goto.

Lmao 28-5-5 and 25-5-5 equals coat tailing apparently

eisfeld
09-06-2010, 02:38 PM
LOL

Because the Playoffs is about matchups - Spurs playing well against the Thunder doesn't mean they'll play that great against the Lakers.

Spurs won vs. the Mavs but lost against the Suns. I'm quite sure the Mavs would have beaten the Suns.

El Wray
09-06-2010, 02:57 PM
MVP: Durant or Melo
COY: Spoelstra or Scott Brooks
MIP: Hill
ROY: They'll probably give it to Wall but either Griffin/Turner/Splitter
Scoring champ: Durant
DPOY: Howard
Most Wins: Lakers or Heat
Western Conf. Champions: Lakers
Eastern Conf. Champions: Heat
NBA Champions: Don't care

Darrin
09-06-2010, 03:44 PM
MVP
Kevin Durant

Unlike Lebron James and Kobe Bryant, he is well-liked and on his own. Russell Westbrook isn't Pau Gasol or Dwyane Wade.

COY
Erik Spolestra

The Heat are going to improve by 20 wins over next season and will have a franchise-record season while doing it.

ROY
Split: Blake Griffin and John Wall

It's just too hard to choose between these two.

Scoring Champ
Kevin Durant

Unlike Lebron James and Kobe Bryant, he is well-liked and on his own. Russell Westbrook isn't Pau Gasol or Dwyane Wade.

DPOY
Dwight Howard

I don't see him giving up this award for awhile.

Raja Bell

As a starter and healthy, he will be important to the Jazz attack.

Carmelo Anthony

This is the death knell of the Denver Nuggets.

Evan Turner

He's just not strong enough and Doug Collins is too hard on rookies.

Most Improved
Raymond Felton

He will have a career year in Mike D'Antoni's system and plenty of assists to Amar'e Stoudemire.

2011 NBA Finals match up
Lakers vs Heat -Heat in 5

The Lakers will be gassed by the time they get to the Finals.

Finals MVP
Wade

He will be the Heat's number-one option this season. Lebron will intiate the offense.

HarlemHeat37
09-06-2010, 04:04 PM
MVP: Dwight Howard..Reportedly worked on his offense a lot during the off-season..his main competition(Lebron) is now playing with another top 2 player in the NBA on his team, so he probably won't win it..

COY: Jerry Sloan..This will be the year they will give him the award, as a lifetime achievement IMO, partly due to nobody else standing out..usually I would say Spoelstra, but his coaching is going to be unfairly downplayed this season IMO..

ROY: Blake Griffin

Scoring Champ: Kevin Durant..Pretty easy choice here..

DPOY: Lebron James..He's already been close to winning it, now he gets to focus more defensively..

Come Back Player of the Year: Vince Carter..biased pick, but it's a contract year..

Most disappointing Player of the Year: Kobe Bryant..relative to the hype..since a lot of people believe he's the best player in the NBA, they will be surprised at his decline..

2011 NBA Finals match up: Lakers vs. Heat, Heat in 5 with the likelihood that Bynum is injured..Heat in 7 if Bynum is healthy..

Finals MVP: Lebron or Wade, obviously, depending on which player wastes energy guarding Kobe..

Smooth Criminal
09-06-2010, 04:36 PM
MVP: Dwight Howard..Reportedly worked on his offense a lot during the off-season..his main competition(Lebron) is now playing with another top 2 player in the NBA on his team, so he probably won't win it..

COY: Jerry Sloan..This will be the year they will give him the award, as a lifetime achievement IMO, partly due to nobody else standing out..usually I would say Spoelstra, but his coaching is going to be unfairly downplayed this season IMO..I hope so

ROY: Blake Griffin

Scoring Champ: Kevin Durant..Pretty easy choice here..

DPOY: Lebron James..He's already been close to winning it, now he gets to focus more defensively..

Come Back Player of the Year: Vince Carter..biased pick, but it's a contract year..

Most disappointing Player of the Year: Kobe Bryant..relative to the hype..since a lot of people believe he's the best player in the NBA, they will be surprised at his decline..Haven't people been saying this for the last 2 years?

2011 NBA Finals match up: Lakers vs. Heat, Heat in 5 with the likelihood that Bynum is injured..Heat in 7 if Bynum is healthy..

Finals MVP: Lebron or Wade, obviously, depending on which player wastes energy guarding Kobe..Sneaky hate there