Hot. Flat. Dusty. Fun though.

oh crap
09-06-2010, 02:52 AM
I was with you until the fun part. :td

Darrin
09-06-2010, 04:50 AM
http://cf.juggle-images.com/fit/white/600x600/wg-dallas-mavericks-1.jpg
http://www.cbc.ca/gfx/images/arts/photos/2006/03/14/hagmanlarry_cp_207978.jpg
http://moondogsports.com/wp-content/gallery/dallas-cowboys/former_dallas_cowboys_qb_troy_aikman.jpg
http://cowboyblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/09/a-dallas-cowboys-cheerleader-nfl-cheerleaders-815318_323_480.jpg

That's all I know of Dallas.

man on wire
09-06-2010, 06:16 AM
http://cf.juggle-images.com/fit/white/600x600/wg-dallas-mavericks-1.jpg
http://www.cbc.ca/gfx/images/arts/photos/2006/03/14/hagmanlarry_cp_207978.jpg
http://moondogsports.com/wp-content/gallery/dallas-cowboys/former_dallas_cowboys_qb_troy_aikman.jpg
http://cowboyblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/09/a-dallas-cowboys-cheerleader-nfl-cheerleaders-815318_323_480.jpg

That's all I know of Dallas.

Add http://to55er.files.wordpress.com/2009/02/debbie_does_dallas.jpg to the list and I'm with ya.

Creepn
09-06-2010, 07:41 AM
Dallas is definantly better than San Antonio, whoever denies it are just homers or never been to Dallas. I'm moving back to San Antonio in a week and I'm moving back with my feet dragging.

Definantly gonna miss it.

JoeChalupa
09-06-2010, 08:04 AM
We visit Dallas every year and we enjoy it but I'm more comfortable in SA but I'm sure that would change if I lived in Dallas.

Creepn
09-06-2010, 08:13 AM
We visit Dallas every year and we enjoy it but I'm more comfortable in SA but I'm sure that would change if I lived in Dallas.

Ya it would change. It's gonna take me a bit to humble back down in humble ol San Antonio.

Das Texan
09-06-2010, 08:51 AM
Dallas is a shithole.

Try living in the actual Dallas city limits and you will quickly realize what kind of a fucking shithole it is too.

Outside of about 3 or 4 small pockets, its all shitty.

And I still really dont know who Dallas thinks they are. Western? Southern? New York lite? I really dont fucking know.

Unless things have changed dramatically in the last 5 years that is.

Das Texan
09-06-2010, 08:52 AM
Oh and the Cowboys dont even play in Dallas.

urunobili
09-06-2010, 09:32 AM
Aus>dfw>sat>iah

Creepn
09-06-2010, 09:38 AM
Dallas is a shithole.

Try living in the actual Dallas city limits and you will quickly realize what kind of a fucking shithole it is too.

Outside of about 3 or 4 small pockets, its all shitty.

And I still really dont know who Dallas thinks they are. Western? Southern? New York lite? I really dont fucking know.

Unless things have changed dramatically in the last 5 years that is.

If you think Dallas is shitty then you gotta think San Antonio is shitty. Downtown San Antonio is just pathetic. Just fuckin pathetic. It shouldnt even be called Downtown. It still has closed down stores since I was a kid. That freakin Solo Serve store on Commerce is still there!! Sidewalks been all cracked up n shit for decades.

When I saw Dallas downtown, I was like "This is how downtown supposed to look like". It lets you know you are coming into Dallas from miles away. Modern, beautiful buildings, clean, OPEN STORES, and a night life. And then you drive up a few streets, BAM! Uptown Dallas for people with money and a good night out. You drive up a frew streets up from downtown San Antonio and you in ghetto mexico in the west side.

samikeyp
09-06-2010, 09:56 AM
Dallas is definantly better than San Antonio, whoever denies it are just homers or never been to Dallas.

Or...they just don't agree with you. :)

I am neither a homer and I have been to Dallas several times....enjoy both places but prefer SA. That being said, if I couldn't live in SA but could live anywhere else...it would be Dallas.

Das Texan
09-06-2010, 10:00 AM
If you think Dallas is shitty then you gotta think San Antonio is shitty. Downtown San Antonio is just pathetic. Just fuckin pathetic. It shouldnt even be called Downtown. It still has closed down stores since I was a kid. That freakin Solo Serve store on Commerce is still there!! Sidewalks been all cracked up n shit for decades.

When I saw Dallas downtown, I was like "This is how downtown supposed to look like". It lets you know you are coming into Dallas from miles away. Modern, beautiful buildings, clean, OPEN STORES, and a night life. And then you drive up a few streets, BAM! Uptown Dallas for people with money and a good night out. You drive up a frew streets up from downtown San Antonio and you in ghetto mexico in the west side.

Downtown Dallas isnt overly clean. There are sections that are nice, but not all, again unless its changed in the last 5 years.

People I know who live in Dallas dont live in the city limits.

Did you live within the Dallas city limits? Or in one of the many suburbs?

tlongII
09-06-2010, 10:33 AM

The Uptown area is cool! We would just drive about 10 blocks to McKinney Street and we were there. Lots of cool bars and cafe's to hang out at. The Idle Rich Pub was probably my favorite. :tu

dirk4mvp
09-06-2010, 11:04 AM
:cry the stinky poopyhead Mavericks play there :cry it must be a shitty nasty place :cry

Spursfan092120
09-06-2010, 11:35 AM
Haven't been to Dallas in about 25 years, so I don't remember shit about it. Going to see a Cowboys game in Arlington this year...maybe I'll check out Dallas while I'm there...

Creepn
09-06-2010, 11:41 AM
Downtown Dallas isnt overly clean. There are sections that are nice, but not all, again unless its changed in the last 5 years.

People I know who live in Dallas dont live in the city limits.

Did you live within the Dallas city limits? Or in one of the many suburbs?

Yes, I lived in Downtown Dallas on Main st. A few blocks away from that tall green building. I wouldn't know how it looked 5 years ago, but right now it looks good.

For the record, I'm not trying to rag on San Antonio. In the end, ill probably grow old here. But Im just so mad at this city. It has soooooooooo sooo soo so much potential to be great, so much potential.

MavDynasty
09-06-2010, 12:34 PM
Haven't been to Dallas in about 25 years, so I don't remember shit about it. Going to see a Cowboys game in Arlington this year...maybe I'll check out Dallas while I'm there...

lol san antonio cowboy fan who hasn't even stepped foot in dallas in the last 25 years but is a die hard fan

Spursfan092120
09-06-2010, 01:03 PM
lol san antonio cowboy fan who hasn't even stepped foot in dallas in the last 25 years but is a die hard fan
?? I was raised a Cowboys fan. My first shirt as a baby was a Dallas Cowboys shirt. I didn't grow up with the money to go to a game and every job I've had since now has had me working on Sundays. This is the first season I've had a job that allows me off on a Sunday...so what am I doing? Going to a fucking game. STFU.

4>0rings
09-06-2010, 01:31 PM
lol san antonio cowboy fan who hasn't even stepped foot in dallas in the last 25 years but is a die hard fanHalf of Dallas's fans have never stepped foot inside Dallas. Americas team... HELLO!

Sisk
09-06-2010, 01:41 PM
Dallas is definantly better than San Antonio, whoever denies it are just homers or never been to Dallas. I'm moving back to San Antonio in a week and I'm moving back with my feet dragging.

Definantly gonna miss it.

Tell that to all the AT&T employees that quit their jobs when HQ moved there so they wouldn't have to live in Dallas.

Das Texan
09-06-2010, 03:16 PM
Yes, I lived in Downtown Dallas on Main st. A few blocks away from that tall green building. I wouldn't know how it looked 5 years ago, but right now it looks good.

For the record, I'm not trying to rag on San Antonio. In the end, ill probably grow old here. But Im just so mad at this city. It has soooooooooo sooo soo so much potential to be great, so much potential.

The downtown area near all the redone cultural sections is one of the better places to live in that town. Venture out into most of the neighborhoods and you'd have a different opinion.

I loved how half of my apartment complex was in the ghetto and half was in the fairly nice area. Boy was that enjoyable.

DesignatedT
09-06-2010, 03:43 PM
Dallas sucks ass. I don't care if there downtown is better than San Antonio's and actually according to tourist they would beg to differ. Dallas obviously has more money and San Antonio has a lot of poor areas but certain spots in San Antonio are much better to live in than places I have visited in Dallas.

Downtown and nightlife are a different story. I would also take Houston nightlife over San Antonio but I visit enough and could care less about that.

Findog
09-06-2010, 04:09 PM
The downtown area near all the redone cultural sections is one of the better places to live in that town. Venture out into most of the neighborhoods and you'd have a different opinion.

I live in North Oak Cliff near Kessler Park, just south of downtown Dallas. I love it.

Ignorant Spurs fan
09-06-2010, 04:19 PM
:cry the stinky poopyhead Mavericks play there :cry it must be a shitty nasty place :cry

That's a good point. ( Ewww you're an icky MavFan I can't believe I'm talking to you).

Oh yeah, how many championships to the Mavericks have? 0!!!

That's because their city sucks!!! SA is the 4th best city in America because we have the 4th most championships in basketball!!!

How'd that Devin Harris trade work out? :lmao:lmao:lmao

Ditty
09-06-2010, 04:46 PM
When dallas gets there in n out burger ill put them above san antonio :)

mouse
09-06-2010, 05:58 PM

Pics?

koriwhat
09-06-2010, 06:04 PM
dallas sucks! well i guess i can't necessarily say that but...

the only time i went there was for a concert and after the concert my friends and i went downtown to party but it was a fuckin ghost town. there was no one around and no places open. literally a fuckin ghost town.

DPG21920
09-06-2010, 06:24 PM
The Uptown area is cool! We would just drive about 10 blocks to McKinney Street and we were there. Lots of cool bars and cafe's to hang out at. The Idle Rich Pub was probably my favorite. :tu

Uptown/Lower Greenville/Downtown are the goods.

There is a ton of stuff to do in Dallas: Every major sport within range, tons of world class restaurants, night life & theater and arts.

Cuppycake Gumdrop
09-06-2010, 06:24 PM

MavDynasty
09-06-2010, 07:29 PM

the only time i went there was for a concert and after the concert my friends and i went downtown to party but it was a fuckin ghost town. there was no one around and no places open. literally a fuckin ghost town.

lol too fucking stupid to navigate Dallas

Are your friends dropouts too?

leemajors
09-06-2010, 08:05 PM

deep ellum?

RoddyBukkake
09-06-2010, 09:57 PM
deep ellum?

thats what I was thinking Deep Ellum was killed by blacks

monosylab1k
09-06-2010, 10:37 PM

:lol

it's not racist because it's true. Actually it's blacks and Laura Miller (easily the worst mayor in Dallas history).

DPG21920
09-06-2010, 10:59 PM
Once in a blue moon I go to Trees in Deep Ellum. It is ok.

Findog
09-06-2010, 11:11 PM
white kind of heat you packin in order to stay anywhere near the cliff white boy

I'd rather live in Kessler Park than Highland Park. North Oak Cliff is no more dangerous that Addison or Coppell or Farmer's Branch.

phyzik
09-06-2010, 11:23 PM
I visit Dallas maybe once every couple of months on company business.....

I Prefer San Antonio...

It's not the city itself.... its the people....

Dallas people will think Im trolling.... Im not... I just prefer the majority "character" of courtious San Antonians vs the majority "character" of Dallas assholes.

Dallas is a nice city, but in my experience, San Antonio people aren't full of themselves as much as Dallas people.

Creepn
09-07-2010, 01:41 AM

Blacks also killed your personality.

Creepn
09-07-2010, 01:43 AM
:lol

it's not racist because it's true. Actually it's blacks and Laura Miller (easily the worst mayor in Dallas history).

Is it racist if it's not true? Me living in the downtown area, I hardly ever saw blacks in deep ellum. I got the impression that that was a white night out spot with its bikers and hot rods.

koriwhat
09-07-2010, 03:05 AM
lol too fucking stupid to navigate Dallas

Are your friends dropouts too?

exactly downtown but it was a weekday so who knows... i went right after the concert at the mavs arena.

btw, fuck you!

xellos88330
09-07-2010, 03:21 AM
Dallas is cool.

I still prefer SA though.

leemajors
09-07-2010, 05:34 AM
Is it racist if it's not true? Me living in the downtown area, I hardly ever saw blacks in deep ellum. I got the impression that that was a white night out spot with its bikers and hot rods.

Deep Ellum is not quite what it used to be. I haven't been to Dallas in few years, but it was usually pretty busy down there on the weekends - not anymore. Last time I went I had a good time Uptown, and Lower Greenville was still busy.

bus driver
09-07-2010, 08:24 AM

hopefully this is not a reference to the women, cause the women are :wow
or at least where i stay when i go to dallas and they are nice in arlington.
my parents live about a mile down from the AA arena, still dont know which area that is i guess downtown.

monosylab1k
09-07-2010, 11:15 AM

You sure you lived in Dallas? Nowadays Deep Ellum is pretty much dead, last I heard the plan was to turn it all into an upscale cookie cutter shopping area.

3-4 years ago it was filled with nothing but the "ignant ass niggas" that Chris Rock talks about.

10-15 years ago it was the best place in Dallas. The last decent bits of Deep Ellum died with the Gypsy Tea Room.

SpursWoman
09-07-2010, 11:39 AM
I'd rather live in Kessler Park than Highland Park. North Oak Cliff is no more dangerous that Addison or Coppell or Farmer's Branch.

I haven't been to Dallas since I was in high school, so I really don't have an opinion one way or another ... but these places sound familiar. Is this where all of those First 48 episodes are filmed? :lol

Roddy Beaubois
09-07-2010, 12:28 PM
Dallas is definantly better than San Antonio, whoever denies it are just homers or never been to Dallas.

BUMP
09-07-2010, 01:49 PM
btw, fuck you!

:lmao

4>0rings
09-07-2010, 02:02 PM
All I know is that Mesquite outside of Dallas is worse than any ghetto in SA.

Findog
09-07-2010, 03:57 PM
I haven't been to Dallas since I was in high school, so I really don't have an opinion one way or another ... but these places sound familiar. Is this where all of those First 48 episodes are filmed? :lol

Addison, Coppell and Farmer's Branch are suburbs north of downtown that consist of track housing, strip malls, chain restaurants and big box retail. They're just like any other place.

Highland Park is a wealthy neighborhood near SMU. It's not as exclusive as Preston Hollow (home to Tom Hicks, Mark Cuban, Dirk, George W.) but it's close.

Kessler Park is in North Oak Cliff. Kessler Park in North Oak Cliff: Rest of Oak Cliff is as White South African Enclaves: Rest of South Africa.