PDA

View Full Version : Tiago Splitter : "We will leave the skin on the court for victory "

nbaman99
09-06-2010, 12:01 PM
Major player in the Brazilian paint in the first phase of the World due to the absence of Anderson Varejao in the first three matches, Tiago Splitter is thirsty for glory in Turkey. The two days of the game against Argentina, the eighth of final next Tuesday , the new player in the San Antonio Spurs can not take the departure of the head.

Besides having the chance to put Brazil among the eight best teams in the world, Santa Catarina may displace the great friend Luis Scola, who helped in adapting to the Spanish basketball , which reached 15 years .

See below the main sections of the exclusive interview by the pivot at the hotel where the delegation is staying in Istanbul.

What is your expectation for this duel with Argentina ? Give more anxiety because you get four days without playing ?
The expectation is very good. We know the importance of this game. There is a very positive is that we know their team well. Surely it would be a really close game . On anxiety , did not see it that way does not . The four days of rest are very positive. Anderson came to the foot injury , we have players who were in court for several minutes. This time off is for rest , train and examine well our rival.

This is biggest opportunity in a long time that Brazil has to beat Argentina in a pre -Olympic or World Cup, something that has not happened since 1995?
Certainly, our style of play is very similar to theirs. Are always good games. Beat them last year in the Copa America, just as we had lost before. There is a balance too big and hope to win.

This game is very special for Magnano , because of facing their country. The victory was the greatest gift the group could give him so far?
Of course he is not a comfortable situation , but is the situation that exists. Let's get this win , yes, and giving to him.

Played a lot of time with Scola and his son is named James, just like you. You still talking? Talk before a game like this?
I talked to him today ( yesterday). Of course the two teams did not want to face , there is this whole rivalry. We will not stop being friends because of a game like this. It will be bad to see a friend outside the World , but in court does not exist. What really has is a huge rivalry .

Still talking about Scola. How important was it to develop your career?
He was a great example for me there in Tau ( Ceramics ), was a player who had extraordinary talent . He was the guy who trained more , more sweat . He always had the dream to go to the NBA , and lived a situation similar to mine. For contractual disputes , he could not go before , but today is standing out .

In many first round matches you overwhelmed with the absence of Anderson Varejao . With him back , Brazil back of the bottles have a stronger World ?
Absolutely. Anderson helps a lot , brings a lot of energy both in attack and defense. With it , we have an extra player in the rotation. It is a weapon that we have to beat Argentina. He will do the marking on top of Scola in the post.

Everyone knows its potential , you were elected the best player in La Liga . However, this World is your main calling card for the NBA, especially after the game against the United States ?
With respect to many Americans may not know my game well . A game against the United States is always special, a great showcase . Overall, the United States against the whole team was good, just do not want to describe my game.

You're living the best moment of your career? Or there are still many good things to come ahead ?
I'm in a very good time . But you never know what lies ahead . I hope much better things are yet to happen.

The Brazil will face Argentina on Independence Day . On a holiday, it is likely that more people are connected on TV following the game. This is a game that can do the Brazilian rescue proud to cheer for Brazil ?
Look, I think is a great opportunity for our basketball. Let's play an eighth -finals, an important departure in a September 7 . Many people will be connected . Will play a very beautiful and special.

What message would you leave those fans who will be accompanying the team ?
The only thing I promise is that we all strive . Let's leave the skin on the court in victory.

And you are 100 % for this confrontation?
Yes , I'm at gunpoint .

http://www.clicrbs.com.br/esportes/sc/noticias/,3030653,Tiago-Splitter-Vamos-deixar-a-pele-em-quadra-pela-vitoria-.html

thispego
09-06-2010, 12:22 PM
google translation? spurstalk is better than this.

silverblackfan
09-06-2010, 12:50 PM
Thanks for the post. Bit painful to read, but any article lately is worth the read.

nbaman99
09-06-2010, 01:01 PM
google translation? spurstalk is better than this.

Just learn to appreciate what you get. At least we have something to read under our own team name. Most of the teams don't even have a website.

thispego
09-06-2010, 01:19 PM
gay

spursballer21
09-06-2010, 01:31 PM
He sounds determned. I like that.

Man In Black
09-06-2010, 03:20 PM
Okay, this is not a literal translation of the article. I don't speak Portuguese. Bu what I did was take that whack online translation and change it so that way it flows more evenly.
AGAIN...NOT A LITERAL TRANSLATION but my approximation of what he was saying based on the translation.

The Primary Center for Brazil during the 1st phase of the FIBA Worlds, with the the 3 game abscence of Anderson Varejao, is Tiago Splitter and he's thirsty for glory in Turkey. In 2 days, they play in the final game of the 1st knockout round against Argentina. The newly signed Spur can't wait for the game to start.

Besides having the chance to put Brazil among the eight best teams in the world, The man fron Santa Catarina may eliminate Luis Scola and Argentina. Scola is a good friend who helped Splitter understand and adapt when they were playing together as teamates in Spanish League.

Below is an exclusive interview with the Center at the hotel where the delegation is staying in Istanbul.

What is your expectation for this game with Argentina ? Are you more anxious because you got four days off without playing ?
Our expectation is very good. We know the importance of this game. There is a very positive feeling in that we know their team well. Surely it will be a really close game . About anxiety , I don't see it that way. Theses four days of rest come at a pivotal time. Anderson had the foot injury , and we have players who were on court for major minutes. This time off will be used for rest , practice and solid examination of our rival.

This is the biggest opportunity, in a long time, in which Brazil has to beat Argentina in a pre-Olympic or World Cup Game. It's something that has not happened since what, 1995?
Certainly, our style of play is very similar to theirs. These are always good games. We beat them last year in the Copa America, but we had lost before as well. There is a hope for a win balanced by a possibility for a loss.

This game is very special for Coach Magnano , because we're facing his country of birth. A victory will be the greatest gift this group could give him so far. Of course he is not in a comfortable situation , but it's the situation that exists. Let's get this win , and yes, we'll giving to him.

You played a lot of time with Scola and his son is named Tiago, just like you. Do you guys still talk? Even before a game like this?
I talked to him today ( yesterday). Of course these two teams did not want to face here. It's a huge rivalry but we will not stop being friends because of a game like this. Off-the-court, out in the world, we're friends, but on-the-court, that does not exist. This huge rivalry does .

Let's still talk about Scola. How important was he to the development of your career?
He was a great example for me there in Tau ( Ceramics ). He is a player who has extraordinary talent. He was the guy who trained me, he made me work and sweat hard. He always had this dream to go to the NBA, and lived a situation very similar to mine. Because of contractual disputes , he could not go to the NBA before , but today he's a stand-out player.

In many first round matches you stepped-up with the absence of Anderson Varejao . With him back, Does Brazil bigs have a stronger team for the rest of the Worlds?
Absolutely. Anderson helps a lot.He brings a lot of energy both in attack offensively and on defense. With him, we have an extra big player in the rotation. It is a weapon that we have to use to beat Argentina. He will be the one who must stay on top of Scola in the post and defend.

Everyone knows your potential, you were selected as the best player in La Liga . However, Are these Worlds your showcase debut for the NBA, especially after the game against the United States?
With respect, it's true that not too many Americans know my game well . My game against the United States will always be special, a great showcase true. Overall, the whole team was good againt the United State. That game didn't just showcase my game alone.

You're having a really good time career-wise, are there still many good things to come ahead ?
I am having a very good time . But you never know what lies ahead . I hope much better things will happen in the future.

Brazil will face Argentina on Brazilian Independence Day. On a holiday, it is highly likely that more people will be following the game on TV. Is this a game that can make the Brazilian people proud?

Look, I think is a great opportunity for our basketball team. Let's play a solid final eight. It's an important date September 7th. Many people will be watching. I want that we will play a very beautiful and special game.

What message do you have for those fans who will be following the team ?
The only thing I promise is that we will all strive to play hard. Let's leave it all on the court for victory.

And you are 100 % ready for this confrontation?
Yes, that's my target.

nbaman99
09-06-2010, 05:04 PM
gay

Thanks 4 clearing that up, sounds like you are too and you just came out of the closet.

nbaman99
09-06-2010, 05:07 PM
Okay, this is not a literal translation of the article. I don't speak Portuguese. Bu what I did was take that whack online translation and change it so that way it flows more evenly.
AGAIN...NOT A LITERAL TRANSLATION but my approximation of what he was saying based on the translation.

The Primary Center for Brazil during the 1st phase of the FIBA Worlds, with the the 3 game abscence of Anderson Varejao, is Tiago Splitter and he's thirsty for glory in Turkey. In 2 days, they play in the final game of the 1st knockout round against Argentina. The newly signed Spur can't wait for the game to start.

Besides having the chance to put Brazil among the eight best teams in the world, The man fron Santa Catarina may eliminate Luis Scola and Argentina. Scola is a good friend who helped Splitter understand and adapt when they were playing together as teamates in Spanish League.

Below is an exclusive interview with the Center at the hotel where the delegation is staying in Istanbul.

What is your expectation for this game with Argentina ? Are you more anxious because you got four days off without playing ?
Our expectation is very good. We know the importance of this game. There is a very positive feeling in that we know their team well. Surely it will be a really close game . About anxiety , I don't see it that way. Theses four days of rest come at a pivotal time. Anderson had the foot injury , and we have players who were on court for major minutes. This time off will be used for rest , practice and solid examination of our rival.

This is the biggest opportunity, in a long time, in which Brazil has to beat Argentina in a pre-Olympic or World Cup Game. It's something that has not happened since what, 1995?
Certainly, our style of play is very similar to theirs. These are always good games. We beat them last year in the Copa America, but we had lost before as well. There is a hope for a win balanced by a possibility for a loss.

This game is very special for Coach Magnano , because we're facing his country of birth. A victory will be the greatest gift this group could give him so far. Of course he is not in a comfortable situation , but it's the situation that exists. Let's get this win , and yes, we'll giving to him.

You played a lot of time with Scola and his son is named Tiago, just like you. Do you guys still talk? Even before a game like this?
I talked to him today ( yesterday). Of course these two teams did not want to face here. It's a huge rivalry but we will not stop being friends because of a game like this. Off-the-court, out in the world, we're friends, but on-the-court, that does not exist. This huge rivalry does .

Let's still talk about Scola. How important was he to the development of your career?
He was a great example for me there in Tau ( Ceramics ). He is a player who has extraordinary talent. He was the guy who trained me, he made me work and sweat hard. He always had this dream to go to the NBA, and lived a situation very similar to mine. Because of contractual disputes , he could not go to the NBA before , but today he's a stand-out player.

In many first round matches you stepped-up with the absence of Anderson Varejao . With him back, Does Brazil bigs have a stronger team for the rest of the Worlds?
Absolutely. Anderson helps a lot.He brings a lot of energy both in attack offensively and on defense. With him, we have an extra big player in the rotation. It is a weapon that we have to use to beat Argentina. He will be the one who must stay on top of Scola in the post and defend.

Everyone knows your potential, you were selected as the best player in La Liga . However, Are these Worlds your showcase debut for the NBA, especially after the game against the United States?
With respect, it's true that not too many Americans know my game well . My game against the United States will always be special, a great showcase true. Overall, the whole team was good againt the United State. That game didn't just showcase my game alone.

You're having a really good time career-wise, are there still many good things to come ahead ?
I am having a very good time . But you never know what lies ahead . I hope much better things will happen in the future.

Brazil will face Argentina on Brazilian Independence Day. On a holiday, it is highly likely that more people will be following the game on TV. Is this a game that can make the Brazilian people proud?

Look, I think is a great opportunity for our basketball team. Let's play a solid final eight. It's an important date September 7th. Many people will be watching. I want that we will play a very beautiful and special game.

What message do you have for those fans who will be following the team ?
The only thing I promise is that we will all strive to play hard. Let's leave it all on the court for victory.

And you are 100 % ready for this confrontation?
Yes, that's my target.

Thank you

Leonard Curse
09-06-2010, 05:16 PM
Just learn to appreciate what you get. At least we have something to read under our own team name. Most of the teams don't even have a website.

:toast

thispego
09-06-2010, 05:24 PM
Thanks 4 clearing that up, sounds like you are too and you just came out of the closet.

:lol

Leonard Curse
09-06-2010, 05:25 PM
this is what ive been preaching to you tiago nay sayers, its not the fact of him being TIAGO its whats inside his character its that mentality thats very rare ill say it again hes like a 7foot manu when it comes to playing with passion!!! if you think about it manu isnt some athletic freak its his drive/fearless/competitive nature that makes him so irreplaceable !!! thats why im sooo stoked about tiago were about to add a guy who could care less about his body when hes out there as long as his team/fans win hes happy .......... thats why you people getting all depressed cause we didnt get matt barnes?????? please people we acquired a life time spur book it and a 7fter at that who is humble, tough, and has a very high I.Q i mean compared to bball players not compared to me dont be confused hahaha jk wohooooooo tiagos going to be one bad mother&%*^ing spur!!!!!

Manudona
09-06-2010, 09:07 PM
I think that the article was censored for Spurstalk audiences. It is missing this one thing that Tiago said: "Scola is the best player in the World Cup" (http://www.clarin.com/deportes/basquet/Tiago-Spliter-Scola-jugador-Mudial_0_329967262.html)

Danny.Zhu
09-06-2010, 09:54 PM
Please don't get hurt.

lefty
09-06-2010, 09:56 PM
Bonner leaving his skin on the court:

http://www.science.uq.edu.au/images/Experience%20Science/Boy_White_liquid.jpg

Man In Black
09-06-2010, 11:17 PM
I think that the article was censored for Spurstalk audiences. It is missing this one thing that Tiago said: "Scola is the best player in the World Cup" (http://www.clarin.com/deportes/basquet/Tiago-Spliter-Scola-jugador-Mudial_0_329967262.html)

Translate that vid. I'm interested :)
:flag:

DesignatedT
09-06-2010, 11:46 PM
Lol that opinion will quickly change once he starts to play in the NBA.

09-07-2010, 12:13 AM
will this place explode if splitter owns scola tomorrow?

waly.mg
09-07-2010, 07:52 PM
Scola thread ¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡

nbaman99
09-07-2010, 08:09 PM
ISTANBUL -- While Manu Ginobili is busy tweeting 6,000 miles away, a new superstar is emerging in Argentine basketball.

Yes, Luis Scola has been around the national team for years, including being part of the 2004 Olympic gold-medal winning outfit. But this is the first time "Senor LScola,'' which is what he was dubbed in one of Ginobili's retweets, truly has been "El Hombre'' for Argentina.

Ginobili, the star guard for the Spurs, is back home in San Antonio and not playing here in the FIBA World Championship. Instead, he's tweeting about the event to his 308,000-plus followers, and Scola is giving him plenty to write about.

The Houston Rockets forward scored 37 points Tuesday and took charge down the stretch as Argentina beat archrival Brazil 93-89 at the Sinan Erdem Dome to earn a berth in the quarterfinals. Next up is Lithuania on Thursday, with the winner in a Saturday semifinal to face the victor of Thursday's Team USA-Russia quarterfinal.

Scola made all four of his field-goal attempts and scored 10 points in the final 3:06 as Argentina held off Brazil and his former coach. Brazil's Ruben Magnano had coached the nation to the south to that 2004 gold medal.

"I was blessed that I could make all the chances I took,'' Scola said of his late-game flurry, which including a trio of tough jump shots. "This is the way basketball is. Sometimes it goes in. Sometimes it goes out.''

FanHouse's Chris Tomasson is in Turkey for the 2010 FIBA World Championship.It's been going in most of the time for Scola in Istanbul. He's averaging a tournament-best 30.3 points while also pulling down 8.0 rebounds an outing.

"I love Manu. I love (Andres) Nocioni,'' Scola said, mentioning another stalwart not playing for Argentina in Nocioni, who dropped out just before the event because his Philadelphia 76ers were wary of a nagging ankle injury. "I love everybody who is not here. But they're not here. I think it's time to talk about the guys who are here.''

Well, the 6-foot-9 Scola is here. And plenty of folks are talking about how great he's looking for Argentina, a team that really could cause problems for the Americans, who are not particularly strong in the post, if they meet. Scola shot 14 of 20 Tuesday and grabbed nine rebounds.

Scola made quite happy several hundred Argentine fans, who waved flags, cheered and sang throughout the game. They even sang "We Are the Champions'' in a halftime karaoke-type spot.

"Luis is great,'' said Argentina center Fabricio Oberto. "He has such stamina. He's so thirsty to play basketball. He makes everything look so easy.''

Scola even took on an NBA guard to make one of the key plays of the game. With 46 seconds left and Argentina up 87-84, Scola forced Brazil's Leandro Barbosa, of the Toronto Raptors, into a turnover, although Carlos Delfino got credit for the steal. Scola then hit a big jumper to push the lead to five.

"He's incredible,'' said Brazil center Tiago Splitter. "He had an incredible game.''

Splitter, who signed with Houston rival San Antonio, will be running into Scola plenty now. Scola re-signed with the Rockets earlier this summer for $47 million over five years.

The way Scola, 30, is playing in the Worlds, it looks like a discount.

Meanwhile, Ginobili, 33, is busy tweeting during the games. Most of his entries Tuesday were in Spanish, but he did offer this one in English: "Great half in Istambul. BRA48 )Huertas 18)-ARG46 (Scola 15). Watch it on NBAtv!''

The second half would be even better as Scola scored 22 points. In fact, he seems to be getting better every half he plays.

http://nba.fanhouse.com/2010/09/07/luis-scola-anchors-argentinas-attack/