PDA

View Full Version : What players in the draft intrigue you the most that the Spurs could actually get?

TurnNiggazDreams2Flames
05-19-2005, 05:10 PM
There are some good players out there. I bet Jarrett Jack will be available for SA, as long as players like Charlie VIllenueva and some other big bodies. Probably the thing the Spurs need most is a backup SF but they can always bring in Manu as the SF. Any thoughts?

http://www.nba.com/news/earlyentry_050519.html

Samr
05-19-2005, 05:29 PM
Scola intrigues me. While I know he's already been drafted by the Spurs, he is the one signing that I am most looking forward to. Everyone else gets to take a nice, comfy back seat.

spurschick
05-19-2005, 05:37 PM
Scola intrigues me. While I know he's already been drafted by the Spurs, he is the one signing that I am most looking forward to.

I can't wait to see Scola in a Spurs uniform! I'm also curious about Arvydas Macijauskas. I'm not positive, but I think we have the rights to him as well and he's one of the best shooters out there. He brings lots of energy as well.

Kori Ellis
05-19-2005, 05:39 PM
I'm not positive, but I think we have the rights to him as well and he's one of the best shooters out there. He brings lots of energy as well.

We don't have any rights to him. He's a great shooter but I don't know how his game will translate to the NBA. He has a buyout too, so it would be tough to get him anyway.

Solid D
05-19-2005, 06:08 PM
Rudy Fernandez
Erazem Lorbek
Ronny Turiaf
Wayne Simien
Roko-Leni Ukic

Fernandez is least likely to drop low enough for the Spurs.

tlongII
05-19-2005, 06:24 PM
Turiaf would be a solid pickup for the Spurs.

JUUOT
05-19-2005, 06:40 PM
i really see turiaf coming. he is not ready but would replace marks as duncan training body and learn for years to come. he is a good friend of parker.

ALVAREZ6
05-19-2005, 06:46 PM
I want Scola. I hope the Spurs sign him, and want to see this guy play. I've only really seen him play during the Olympic Tournament, but that's it. He deserves to be in the NBA, and I am also curious to see if he can make the jump.

Boo
05-19-2005, 07:04 PM
Maybe we can get Chris Hernandez 2nd round if he stays back that far, which i highly doubt. I would love to have Jarrett Jack, he can ball. And Ronny Turiaf, I hate him since he played for the Zags, but would be nice to see him as a Spur.

Mr Dio
05-19-2005, 07:05 PM
MartellASS Bennett, the dunbass who thinks he is good enough to get drafted in the 1st round OR MAKE a squad.

Solid D
05-19-2005, 07:06 PM
does anyone think simien will fall that low? that would be an awesome pickup.

Simien may not last but since he's 6-8 playing PF (he's not really a SF at 250 lbs.) you never know. With the larger number of international players hitting the draft, stuff happens.

I do see Scola signing with the Spurs, though. It's time.

JUUOT
05-19-2005, 07:07 PM
horry could be a free agent this summer. he has an option to re- sign one more year. So he might stop his career or come back for one more year.
But i think there are not enough minutes for tim nazr rasho scola and horry
one of them is not going to be a spur next year

stéphane
05-19-2005, 07:09 PM
Turiaf is a good buddie from TP if you didn't know...

picnroll
05-19-2005, 07:13 PM
Yaroslav Korolev. This guy sounds like a nice prospect to draft and leave in Europe a couple of years.

link (http://draftcity.com/viewprofile.php?p=256)

Solid D
05-19-2005, 07:40 PM
Marquinhos Vieira from Brazil has excellent skills and is an athletic, long SF. He was in SA a year ago, as was Ukic, at the Nike Hoops Summit.

ALVAREZ6
05-19-2005, 07:44 PM
the player which would help the spurs most is Sean May (unrealistic though)
IMO, sean may is overrated.

I think he won't be much of a player in the NBA. Mark my words.

ducks
05-19-2005, 07:46 PM
scola is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OVERRATED HE WILL NEVER LIVE UP TO HIS HYPE
What he did against oneal in one game over seas is silly to put all that hype on him

I do think he has a chance to be better then rose though

ShoogarBear
05-19-2005, 07:48 PM
IMO, sean may is overrated.

I think he won't be much of a player in the NBA. Mark my words. I agree that he won't be a very good pro. He's too much of a tweener.

But I don't think he's overrated, in that he is a GREAT college player.

timvp
05-19-2005, 07:50 PM
What about Francisco Garcia>? i know he had a bad game at the end of the Tourney, but this dude is legit...dont know if he will be available though. would love to see this guy in a spurs jersey

http://www.caribbeanflags.com/images/products/DO/DOJUMFL2.JPG

Solid D
05-19-2005, 07:51 PM
Total underestimation on Scola guys. We'll see.

spurschick
05-19-2005, 08:00 PM
We don't have any rights to him. He's a great shooter but I don't know how his game will translate to the NBA. He has a buyout too, so it would be tough to get him anyway.

I wasn't sure about whether we had his rights or not. I was watching the Euroleague Final Four and the analysts made it sound like we might have drafted him, but they were probably just talking about Scola. I didn't see Macijauskas in the media guide, so I was a bit uncertain. Thanks for clearing that up for me, Kori.
:spin

Solid D
05-19-2005, 08:42 PM
I don't Macijauskas as a Spur. He doesn't have the ability to create his own shot at the NBA level, although he can flat light up the board when he is in space. He plays matador defense and he isn't physical.

Mr. Body
05-19-2005, 08:46 PM
Add my name to the Garcia list.