PDA

View Full Version : Argentina-Brazil game thread

Venti Quattro
09-07-2010, 12:55 AM
Splitter vs Scola... the Spurs fan's ultimate dream :lmao :lmao :lmao

Argentina by < 5.

ezau
09-07-2010, 01:42 AM
The Worlds would have been really good if the Lakers' MVP and franchise player, Pau Gasol played for Spain. :depressed

Texas_Ranger
09-07-2010, 04:20 AM
Arg by 15

endrity
09-07-2010, 04:31 AM
The Worlds would have been really good if the Lakers' MVP and franchise player, Pau Gasol played for Spain. :depressed

He's not the only big name from the NBA missing.

France has arguably a NBA starting 5 which is not there.
Brazil with Nene to join Varejao and Splitter would have have arguably the best frontcourt in the WC, maybe they even beat the US with him, in that game Brazil took a lot of bad jump shots.
Nowitzki isn't there either, Germany definitely beats Angola or Australia with him and go to the elimination round.
And while he isn't needed, Okur could have given some quality depth to what is already a formidable front court for Turkey.
And of course Ginobili and Nocioni, arguably the best and third best Argentinians, aren't there either.

It's really too bad, the NBA season really drains the energy out of these guys.

Texas_Ranger
09-07-2010, 06:24 AM
He's not the only big name from the NBA missing.

France has arguably a NBA starting 5 which is not there.
Brazil with Nene to join Varejao and Splitter would have have arguably the best frontcourt in the WC, maybe they even beat the US with him, in that game Brazil took a lot of bad jump shots.
Nowitzki isn't there either, Germany definitely beats Angola or Australia with him and go to the elimination round.
And while he isn't needed, Okur could have given some quality depth to what is already a formidable front court for Turkey.
And of course Ginobili and Nocioni, arguably the best and third best Argentinians, aren't there either.

It's really too bad, the NBA season really drains the energy out of these guys.

We'd also like to have Beno so our backcourt would be one of the best on this WC. Sasha is a bitch, but just as Barkley said, if he can play for the Lakers, he can play for Slovenia. Matjaž Smodiš who is the best PF in Europe in the last 5-10 years is also not here. And Erazem Lorbek, one of top 5 centers in Europe is also not here.
We are pretty good without those guys, but I gues we'd be even better with them.

MB20
09-07-2010, 07:51 AM
Argentina is not an elite team anymore, IMO.
Brazil has a better team TODAY.
2 or 3 years ago Brazil wouldn´t have had a chance to beat Arg.
Today, it could go either way.

Here´s hoping for a good game! (And an Arg win)

endrity
09-07-2010, 08:24 AM
We'd also like to have Beno so our backcourt would be one of the best on this WC. Sasha is a bitch, but just as Barkley said, if he can play for the Lakers, he can play for Slovenia. Matjaž Smodiš who is the best PF in Europe in the last 5-10 years is also not here. And Erazem Lorbek, one of top 5 centers in Europe is also not here.
We are pretty good without those guys, but I gues we'd be even better with them.

True, forgot about Smodis, and for some reason I thought Lorbek was playing. My bad. I haven't been watching too much of the Slovenia games. But I was focusing on NBA players, whereas these two play in Europe.

The backcourt is less of an issue I think. Lakovic and Dragic would have been the starters anyway. A little depth is always good, but if those two would have created some trouble complaining for minutes, than maybe it's better that they are not there.

sefant77
09-07-2010, 09:08 AM
Germany actually missing Dirk and Kaman.

But next year is the olympic qualifications, so it was obvious that a lot of stars take this summer of because they will play in the summer of 2011 and 2012.

Venti Quattro
09-07-2010, 09:14 AM
Which is greater, the fiba worlds or the olympic basketball?

Texas_Ranger
09-07-2010, 09:19 AM
True, forgot about Smodis, and for some reason I thought Lorbek was playing. My bad. I haven't been watching too much of the Slovenia games. But I was focusing on NBA players, whereas these two play in Europe.

The backcourt is less of an issue I think. Lakovic and Dragic would have been the starters anyway. A little depth is always good, but if those two would have created some trouble complaining for minutes, than maybe it's better that they are not there.

Beno already wanted to be a star and that's why he quit even before the friendly games.
Lorbek said that he's tired, but it's really his father's fault that's he's not playing, just cause father Lorbek wasn't chosen to be the president of Slovenian basketball association, that's also the case with his brother, who was also always a part of our team.
Smodiš was injured the whole season, so it's ok that he's not here.
Vujačič...well they didn't even call him I think cause they thought that he'l just say no.
I'd like to see some of those guys play, cause 3 of our guys are most of the time on the bench and 2 of them have no effect on the game. Ok, one was pretty good against Australia in 10 minutes of play, but one guy is just pathetic and I really don't know why is he even there.
But so far, so good. I really didn't think that we'd play this good. But the real test is a game against Turkey. That'll be a real game. All of those teams that we defeated were not as good as we are, so I think we were suppose to beat Tunisia, Iran, Croatia, Brazil and Australia. Brazil is in our rank, but I really think that we have a better team an it was really not a big surprise that we defeated them.
Our goal before this WC was to reach the 3rd round. So we did that. And i really hope that that won't be enought for our guys cause we can win against Turkey. The only problem will be the refs.
And if we come in top 4 in the World then I'll be really happy.

sefant77
09-07-2010, 09:19 AM

olympics

Texas_Ranger
09-07-2010, 09:22 AM

Fiba WC I gues. There are 12 teams in the Olympics and the Oceania, Aia and African teams are just bad just as in the WC. And there are not as many European teams there and that sucks.

DAF86
09-07-2010, 09:37 AM
Brazil by 10 ish.

Brazil
09-07-2010, 09:45 AM

olympics and its not even close

Venti Quattro
09-07-2010, 10:59 AM
Sons off topic but relevant to this game: China is playing well to stick close with Lithuania at the moment. It remains to be seen if China can really strike out Lithuania but if they do, Brazil and Argentina will surely kill each other in the second game for the chance to face China.

Chieflion
09-07-2010, 11:08 AM
Sons off topic but relevant to this game: China is playing well to stick close with Lithuania at the moment. It remains to be seen if China can really strike out Lithuania but if they do, Brazil and Argentina will surely kill each other in the second game for the chance to face China.

The second I went to watch, Lithuania went on a 7-0 run.

Venti Quattro
09-07-2010, 11:12 AM
The second I went to watch, Lithuania went on a 7-0 run.

Now they're up by 11. Jinxing FTW.

ace3g
09-07-2010, 11:33 AM
I love how China runs one on one plays with Wang Zhizhi, lol lol lol, he either rims the shot or gets a TO

ace3g
09-07-2010, 11:39 AM
just give the ball to Yi Jianlian like Lithuania does with Kleiza; give the ball to your NBA players and then step out of the way

John_spurs
09-07-2010, 02:48 PM
Scola BEASTING

endrity
09-07-2010, 02:49 PM
amazing stuff

BG_Spurs_Fan
09-07-2010, 02:50 PM
Scola is a beast. Amazing

Ghazi
09-07-2010, 02:51 PM
we stacked