PDA

View Full Version : husband's last moment a heroic one

austN Spur
09-08-2010, 11:06 AM
I found this story to be moving so here it is in case someone hasnt seen it. Ive been in the car with women who drive with their thighs only, do eyeliner while driving and other dumb shit. (not saying men are perfect ive drank beer and drove, and that was dumb)

"I remember a car swerving towards us and [Brian] braked hard and turned right. That meant the SUV went right into him and crushed him and that I was saved," she said.

Read more: http://www.vancouversun.com/news/Trust+established+pregnant+wife+killed+collision/3493480/story.html#ixzz0yxDeITBI

According to police reports, Wood's final act was heroic. As an out-of-control Chevy Blazer hurtled toward the Wood family, Brian braked hard and swerved his car so that he would take the brunt of the impact, saving his wife and child. While the crash was fatal to Brian, his wife escaped with only minor injuries and his child was unharmed.
“All the policeman say that if we had hit the car head-on all of us would be dead. At the very last second (Brian) braked really hard and turned right so that he would be put in the path of the SUV and not me and the baby, and that is the only thing that saved us both," Erin said.

As for the other car, police report that the driver was apparently changing her sweater and asked her passenger to take the wheel, a tragic mistake. The car jumped the center line into incoming traffic, and left Woods, and two passengers from the other car (25-year-old Jacob Quistorf and 26-year-old Francis Malloy) dead.

Read more: http://g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/707360/Game-Developers-Last-Act-A-Heroic-One.html#readmore#ixzz0yxFgt2sp

Bender
09-08-2010, 11:13 AM
duh, anybody would swerve away from an oncoming vehicle...

MannyIsGod
09-08-2010, 11:30 AM
He obviously calculated the physics of the situation in those last few seconds in order to precisely avoid the injury of everyone else.

Or maybe he just swerved.

austN Spur
09-08-2010, 11:30 AM
except he didnt swerve away from the vehicle, he used his last reaction to swerve into the vehicle and take the impact on his side.

MannyIsGod
09-08-2010, 11:32 AM
He swerved at the last second because he was startled. Or maybe he was really unhappy in his marriage and just saw this as an out.

In any event, since you like this story so much I have a tortilla at home with the face of Jesus Christ in it. Sell it to you for 300 bucks.

resistanze
09-08-2010, 11:33 AM
He swerved at the last second because he was startled. Or maybe he was really unhappy in his marriage and just saw this as an out.

In any event, since you like this story so much I have a tortilla at home with the face of Jesus Christ in it. Sell it to you for 300 bucks.

:lmao

rjv
09-08-2010, 11:37 AM
maybe mannyisgod is god since he purports to be so omniscient.

austN Spur
09-08-2010, 11:38 AM
damm there goes my inspiring moment. wheres my bong? shit i left it in SA

MannyIsGod
09-08-2010, 11:41 AM
maybe mannyisgod is god since he purports to be so omniscient.

You can believe he choose to save them if you want. I really doubt in the few seconds he had he made that decision and probably just reacted the way people normally do.

JoeChalupa
09-08-2010, 11:44 AM
God works in mysterious ways indeed.

MannyIsGod
09-08-2010, 11:45 AM
Yeah, God obviously had such a high view of the guy he sent a car right into his path.

JoeChalupa
09-08-2010, 11:50 AM
Yeah, God obviously had such a high view of the guy he sent a car right into his path.

For reasons unknown to us but when it is our time...it is our time.

Sorry, was reading the billionth God thread and I got carried away.

austN Spur
09-08-2010, 11:53 AM
i think its because he is a gamer and we have superior hand eye coordination and split second decision making skills. not god

JoeChalupa
09-08-2010, 12:01 PM
i think its because he is a gamer and we have superior hand eye coordination and split second decision making skills. not god

We don't know the extent of our God given talents.

rjv
09-08-2010, 12:02 PM
You can believe he choose to save them if you want. I really doubt in the few seconds he had he made that decision and probably just reacted the way people normally do.

i never said i assumed to believe one thing or another about the incident. how the hell would i know what the guy thought or did?

Spock
09-08-2010, 12:06 PM
Man's basic instinct of protecting one's family is a clear explanation and to think otherwise is simply illogical.

DesignatedT
09-08-2010, 12:23 PM

:lol

BlackSwordsMan
09-08-2010, 12:30 PM
God took away a father and husband for a good reason guys. We may not know what it is but ... ah shit I ran out of bullshit to spew.

spurs_fan_in_exile
09-08-2010, 12:48 PM
It's a coin toss. Certainly people toss themselves on grenades or dive in front of bullets with zero time to rationally think. Maybe it was parental instincts, maybe it was dumb luck. All I can take away from this situation is that a man is dead because some idiot attempted to change clothes WHILE BEHIND THE WHEEL OF A MOVING VEHICLE. How fucking dumb can you be?

Cyrano
09-08-2010, 02:09 PM
Obviously the last thing to go through his head was the hood ornament of the other car.

MannyIsGod
09-08-2010, 02:14 PM
Obviously the last thing to go through his head was the hood ornament of the other car.

Oh man thats worse than anything I posted in this thread. Good Job.

PakiDan
09-08-2010, 02:15 PM

You never know why God does what he does. And Manny, when you have a family of your own, kids, etc. it BECOMES your instinct to protect them. I'm sure he knew exactly what he was doing, and I'm sure it was instinct to him.

blizz
09-08-2010, 02:15 PM
man some of you people are FUCKED in the head.

CosmicCowboy
09-08-2010, 03:31 PM

Chomag
09-08-2010, 03:56 PM
man some of you people are FUCKED in the head.

I agree, but it seems to have become the norm thing here on Spursalk.

I have no idea how some of them can sleep well at night.

baseline bum
09-08-2010, 05:14 PM

:rollin

You're fucking killing me in this thread. :lmao

MannyIsGod
09-08-2010, 05:52 PM
You never know why God does what he does. And Manny, when you have a family of your own, kids, etc. it BECOMES your instinct to protect them. I'm sure he knew exactly what he was doing, and I'm sure it was instinct to him.

Kinda like those people who get the instinct to be a shitty parent or even kill their kid. Gotcha.

The worst card in the world is "if you had kids you'd understand". I have a cat, if it was in the passenger seat while 2 coked out MFers came at me I'd swerve too. Except that I'm a better driver than Real American Hero Dad so my cat and I would exchange a high five after the fuckers missed me and hit the family in the back killing a noble father in the process.

MannyIsGod
09-08-2010, 05:55 PM
:rollin

You're fucking killing me in this thread. :lmao

But I'm sparing your family.

CuckingFunt
09-08-2010, 06:51 PM
Kinda like those people who get the instinct to be a shitty parent or even kill their kid. Gotcha.

The worst card in the world is "if you had kids you'd understand". I have a cat, if it was in the passenger seat while 2 coked out MFers came at me I'd swerve too. Except that I'm a better driver than Real American Hero Dad so my cat and I would exchange a high five after the fuckers missed me and hit the family in the back killing a noble father in the process.

I'd advise against that last part. Claws hurt.

Strike
09-08-2010, 06:56 PM
So the man's instinct was to turn his wife into a widow and make his kids fatherless?

LoneStarState'sPride
09-08-2010, 06:59 PM
I just gotta say, this thread is GOLD :lmao

CuckingFunt
09-08-2010, 07:02 PM
So the man's instinct was to turn his wife into a widow and make his kids fatherless?

Moving.

chunticakes
09-08-2010, 08:26 PM
this thread is fucking comedy gold.

COMEDY GOLD!!!

austN Spur
09-08-2010, 10:18 PM
Man's basic instinct of protecting one's family is a clear explanation and to think otherwise is simply illogical.

never was a star trek fan, except a couple movies I saw and enjoyed, but i didnt know spock was so wise.

Sometimes when i'm driving long drives Im looking at the traffic ahead and imagine what i would do if a certain vehicle swerved and what could I do. I hope I never have to find out, but maybe it would help.

Some of the comments are out there, reminds me of my brothers i dont give a fuck humor. it hits and misses

ChuckD
09-08-2010, 10:45 PM
I agree, but it seems to have become the norm thing here on Spursalk.

I have no idea how some of them can sleep well at night.

Ambien, but for a particularly obnoxious post, Ambien CR.

Latarian Milton
09-08-2010, 11:26 PM
that's why in some middle eastern countries women are banned from driving i guess. Lmao @ the suffragists.

Latarian Milton
09-08-2010, 11:27 PM
a woman's place is in the house.

redzero
09-09-2010, 03:01 AM
For reasons unknown to us but when it is our time...it is our time.

If it is unknown to you, how can you make a statement like that?

austN Spur
09-09-2010, 03:37 AM
a woman's place is in the house.

Yeah, i know, i saw a stat that said: families in the 30's-60's were more productive mainly because the women stayed home and ran a family. the apocalypse can be blamed on womens rights