PDA

View Full Version : kervillle tivy QB, manziel, considering aggies

rjv
09-08-2010, 11:10 AM
http://www.kens5.com/sports/college/DAVID-FLORES-Tivy-QB-Manziel-still-looking-at-AM-after-visiting-campus--102320069.html

DesignatedT
09-08-2010, 12:34 PM
I think we have him. Just another kid who realized he doesn't want to leave home.

LoneStarState'sPride
09-08-2010, 01:35 PM
Now if we could just find a damn place kicker.........

ThePop
09-08-2010, 05:01 PM
Kid is amazing.......congrats if you do get him

Thompson
09-09-2010, 07:44 AM
Kid is amazing.......congrats if you do get him

Really? He was rated as a 3 (out of 5) star quarterback according to rivals.com, so I wasn't sure what all the fuss was about. Then again, I think Colt McCoy was only rated as a 3 star coming out of high school, and I think their ratings aren't always that accurate anyway. I hope we get him.

As far as a kicker, I think there's a kid named Taylor Bertolet coming to A&M next year, and he's supposed to be one of the best kickers in the nation.

rjv
09-09-2010, 09:28 AM
Really? He was rated as a 3 (out of 5) star quarterback according to rivals.com, so I wasn't sure what all the fuss was about. Then again, I think Colt McCoy was only rated as a 3 star coming out of high school, and I think their ratings aren't always that accurate anyway. I hope we get him.

As far as a kicker, I think there's a kid named Taylor Bertolet coming to A&M next year, and he's supposed to be one of the best kickers in the nation.

the knock on him is his height, which was probably the same negative that colt had. some scouts just are not that impressed with 6'1" quarterbacks. tell that to drew brees.

..and i'll take any kicker. the current one is going to cost us a game this year IMO.

The Reckoning
09-09-2010, 09:39 AM
lmao antlers. kerrville is an awesome town and it seems everyone there is behind the local sports (radio broadcasts, etc.), but why do you name the team the antlers??

thats like that one team named the buttons...based on a rattlesnake tail.

rjv
09-09-2010, 10:56 AM
lmao antlers. kerrville is an awesome town and it seems everyone there is behind the local sports (radio broadcasts, etc.), but why do you name the team the antlers??

thats like that one team named the buttons...based on a rattlesnake tail.

funny you should mention the buttons.... that was my high school. the reasoning was that we were under the university of st. mary's and since they were the rattlers we were baby rattlers. somehow out of that came the use of the term 'buttons'. it sure was funny to show up for a game to see an opponent, that had not played us before, go crashing through their poster that had a picture of a shirt with buttons on it and some tag saying something like "rip the buttons". can't speak for the antlers though. but it is a great town.

ThePop
09-09-2010, 08:31 PM

Lets just say he's a Vince Young style QB. Just look up his stats last week vs Madison. I was there......amazing

The only problem on him, like someone already said, is that he's kinda short for a College QB. He is also a very good WR(UT actually wanted to offer him for WR, but he only wants to play QB)

mookie2001
09-12-2010, 01:21 PM
He's a good player

Techs michael brewer is a lot better, and David Ash

So that would be third best among your rivals

8FOR!3
09-12-2010, 02:04 PM
Just saw Johnny Manziel play the other week against Madison. Best QB I've ever seen in person at the high school level, I was amazed. Not a big dude, but he was very fast, very strong, and he could place the ball where he liked. Had a hell of a game.

The Reckoning
09-12-2010, 05:13 PM
6'1 180? doubt it. looks like he's 5'11 170 at most.

i remember back in high school the coach would place our weights atleast 15 pounds heavier and 3 inches taller. good times.

rjv
09-13-2010, 10:13 AM
dude has thrown for almost 1000 yards in 2 weeks against madison and steele. see how he fares against lake travis this week.

ThePop
09-13-2010, 09:22 PM
Lake Travis has the best defense out of all the teams on Tivy's non-playoff schedule. That O-line better get ready

DesignatedT
09-13-2010, 09:36 PM
This guy is a beast. I pray he chooses A&M. Would be a perfect replacement for Jerrod.

rjv
09-20-2010, 12:57 PM
kid played great again but they came up short to travis 37-33. manziel accounted for 5 TDs . he spent his 3rd week in a row at college station and is supposedly going to make his decision at the end of this week (apparently between a&m and oregon).

rjv
09-20-2010, 01:02 PM
it actually sounded it like if texas had made a bigger push for him or had indicated he would be their QB that he would have gone with them, but it seems as if texas may not have given him the assurances he was looking for. based on that, i would not totally rule out texas either.

DesignatedT
09-20-2010, 02:18 PM
it actually sounded it like if texas had made a bigger push for him or had indicated he would be their QB that he would have gone with them, but it seems as if texas may not have given him the assurances he was looking for. based on that, i would not totally rule out texas either.

I think it was said before but Texas wanted to turn him into a full time WR and the kid only wants to play QB. Spending 3 straight weekends in college station is very interesting.

Blake
09-20-2010, 04:03 PM
He would be ok, but I'm not sure why you guys are getting so excited over a 3 star kid.

rjv
09-20-2010, 04:19 PM
He would be ok, but I'm not sure why you guys are getting so excited over a 3 star kid.

kind of an odd statement from a tech fan. tech has often had 3 star players perform at a great level.

more to the point, if the kid was in the greater houston area, or from the dallas metroplex region, he'd be considered 4 star. one can't question kerrville's schedule. manziel has racked up close to 1,500 yards against madison, steele and the 3 time defending state champ.

Blake
09-20-2010, 04:39 PM
kind of an odd statement from a tech fan. tech has often had 3 star players perform at a great level.

this is an odd thread from Aggie fans.

Is this what you guys are expecting now?

What happened to the days of getting 5 star QBs like McNeal?

whatever gets you excited I guess.

rjv
09-20-2010, 04:59 PM
this is an odd thread from Aggie fans.

Is this what you guys are expecting now?

What happened to the days of getting 5 star QBs like McNeal?

whatever gets you excited I guess.

no need to overreact blake. i just was pointing out that you can get great players from the middle ranks as well. dat nguyen was not even a 3 star player and he turned out to be the most decorated linebacker in the country. the guy is a local player and he has shown the ability to play big in big games.

but thanks for playing the role of the thread marshall.

Blake
09-20-2010, 05:04 PM
no need to overreact blake.

pfft. :lol

i just was pointing out that you can get great players from the middle ranks as well. dat nguyen was not even a 3 star player and he turned out to be the most decorated linebacker in the country. the guy is a local player and he has shown the ability to play big in big games.

but thanks for playing the role of the thread marshall.

I'm well aware of what you were pointing out. If anything, you are overreacting to some simple observations.

If you feel the need, you should absolutely go nuts over this guy.

It's a damn shame that Michael Brewer was injured for Lake Travis against Tivy or you would have gotten to see what a 4 star QB recruit looks like.

Again, whatever floats your excitement boat. :tu

rjv
09-20-2010, 05:06 PM

I'm well aware of what you were pointing out. If anything, you are overreacting to some simple observations.

It's a damn shame that Michael Brewer was injured for Lake Travis against Tivy or you would have gotten to see what a 4 star QB recruit looks like.

well at least your football takes are better than your nickel philosophy takes. and that brewer must be a stud if he also plays defense.

DesignatedT
09-20-2010, 06:15 PM
He is somewhat underrated on Rivals and that mainly has to do with his height. He has all the great qualities that make a great college quarterback. He will eventually be a starting qb wherever he decides to take his game IMO.

mookie2001
09-20-2010, 06:21 PM
because dat was a three star, doesn't make a shit of difference

That's like saying "it's cold outside, global warming my ass!

Fact is Texas and texas tech have much better prospects in the same class at the same position

Blake
09-20-2010, 11:59 PM
Rivals says Manziel gave A&M a verbal. Congrats.

That should move the Ags up past #40 Baylor in the 2011 recruiting rankings.

DesignatedT
09-21-2010, 12:18 AM
Tivy QB Manziel switches to A&M
By Lorne Chan - Express-News

Manziel had a 90-minute conversation with Aggies coach Mike Sherman after A&M's Sept. 11 victory against Louisiana Tech, and said the crowd at Saturday's 27-20 victory against Florida International helped sway him to the Aggies.

“The thing for me this past weekend was that I had always grown up a die-hard Longhorns fan,” Manziel said. “I didn't understand how great the A&M fan base was until 80,000 of them were rallying the players and really making a difference.”

As a junior, Manziel was the Express-News' 2009 football offensive player of the year and 2009-10 athlete of the year. He led the Antlers to the Class 4A state semifinals for the second straight year last season, accounting for 54 TDs (19 passing, 33 rushing, two receiving).

Manziel said he may also play baseball at Texas A&M.

Until the Aggies offered him a scholarship, most of his offers at the quarterback position were out-of-state. After he returned from College Station on Sunday, he met with Tivy coach Mark Smith. They listed his priorities in order as faith, family, football and friends. The list made it clear that A&M was his choice.

He may have just switched schools, but Manziel said he is firm in his commitment this time.

“There's absolutely no chance any other school will come into the picture,” Manziel said. “I am an Aggie.”

http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/high_school_football/Tivy_QB_Manziel_switches_to_AM_103409559.html?c=y&page=2#storytop

rjv
09-21-2010, 09:31 AM
nice pick up. he is now also in the running for national player of the year, along with brown and green. the SA area is definitely representing this year.

http://www.maxpreps.com/news/AAdTBsA0Ed-YiQAcxJSkrA/national-player-of-the-year-watch.htm

LoneStarState'sPride
09-21-2010, 10:02 AM
Badass. 12th Man helping to recruit! Good luck to Manziel

The Reckoning
09-21-2010, 12:57 PM
UT done f'ed up.

i can see Manziel coming into Thanksgiving Day with spite.

:pctoss

although it should make for fun UT/aggie games, UT shouldve just recruited him for quarterback and told him he needed to compete for the position. let him work his butt off, and if he can't get the job done, move him to receiver.

ThePop
09-21-2010, 07:39 PM
UT done f'ed up.

i can see Manziel coming into Thanksgiving Day with spite.

:pctoss

although it should make for fun UT/aggie games, UT shouldve just recruited him for quarterback and told him he needed to compete for the position. let him work his butt off, and if he can't get the job done, move him to receiver.

UT did want him.....but they told him he would play receiver. Johnny wants to play QB

DesignatedT
09-21-2010, 08:59 PM
Even Malcolm Brown, the top-ranked running back in the nation, says Kerrville Tivy quarterback Johnny Manziel is playing at a higher level than everybody else right now.

Manziel did it again against Brown and No. 3 Steele on Friday, accounting for 558 yards and eight total touchdowns in a 54-45 victory at Antler Stadium.

“It was crazy — he actually puts up video-game stats every single night,” Brown said. “Johnny is awesome. Everybody knows it.”

Manziel threw for 428 yards and six TDs and rushed for 130 yards and two scores, accounting for all but 14 of Sub-5A No. 1 Tivy's 572 total yards.

He didn't need the state-record 75 passing attempts he had last week in a 39-34 victory against Madison.

Manziel wowed the crowd of about 7,000 fans with his accuracy instead, hitting 34 of 42 passes with a run of 15 straight completions in the first half.

It topped Brown's career-high 353 rushing yards and four TDs.

“That was fun, huh?” Manziel said. “I loved going up against a guy like Malcolm. We came together as a team, and we wore Steele down.”

Manziel, a 6-foot-1, 190-pound senior committed to Oregon, picked apart a Steele (1-2) defense that rushed only three players at him in the first half.

He was 19 of 24 passing for 244 yards and four TDs with 107 rushing yards and a TD in the first half alone.

http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/high_school_football/tivys_titan_tops_man_of_steele_102677664.html

The Reckoning
09-21-2010, 10:32 PM
UT did want him.....but they told him he would play receiver. Johnny wants to play QB

i know, but what im saying is that UT should have avoided letting him (or anyone else) know that they were thinking of slotting him at WR. they should have told him that QB is competitive and give him a chance to compete for the position. who knows? he could start. its such a turn-off to recruits when a school tells them that they cant play the position theyve been used to their whole lives.

8FOR!3
09-23-2010, 02:53 PM
We royally fucked that up at UT. If a guy like Johnny Manziel wants to be your quarterback, you need to be all over that. I don't care what school it is. That kid is special.

LoneStarState'sPride
09-23-2010, 05:56 PM
We royally fucked that up at UT. If a guy like Johnny Manziel wants to be your quarterback, you need to be all over that. I don't care what school it is. That kid is special.

"We"?

rjv
08-15-2012, 11:54 PM
now...manziel is officially named starter for 1st game of season:

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/8273685/redshirt-freshman-qb-johnny-manziel-start-am

yavozerb
08-16-2012, 10:59 AM
now...manziel is officially named starter for 1st game of season:

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/8273685/redshirt-freshman-qb-johnny-manziel-start-am

Nice...Gonna root for this kid and hope he is succesfull this season.

The Reckoning
11-11-2012, 12:17 AM
bump :depressed

jeebus
11-11-2012, 12:39 AM
:lmao

Sisk
11-11-2012, 01:19 AM
LOLOLOLOLOLOL JOHNNY FOOTBALL FAGGOTSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

DesignatedT
11-11-2012, 01:20 AM
I think we have him. Just another kid who realized he doesn't want to leave home.

This guy is a beast. I pray he chooses A&M. Would be a perfect replacement for Jerrod.

I think it was said before but Texas wanted to turn him into a full time WR and the kid only wants to play QB. Spending 3 straight weekends in college station is very interesting.

He is somewhat underrated on Rivals and that mainly has to do with his height. He has all the great qualities that make a great college quarterback. He will eventually be a starting qb wherever he decides to take his game IMO.

:tu

timvp
11-11-2012, 01:34 AM
Good thread, tbh.

LongtimeSpursFan
11-11-2012, 01:51 AM

Sisk
11-11-2012, 02:00 AM
JOHNNY FOOTBALL

DesignatedT
11-11-2012, 02:00 AM
:lmao

FkLA
11-11-2012, 02:27 AM
Rivals has him running a 4.53 40 coming out of high school, no way is that true is it? I know his ability to change direction full speed helps him pull off alot these runs but still in a straight line he atleast has to run in the 4.4s no ?

The Reckoning
11-11-2012, 02:53 AM
id sure hope DI has effective strength and conditioning programs. plus these guys arent done yet maturing.

Blake
11-11-2012, 09:57 AM

No doubt Aggies will fill jizz jars to capacity every time a skinny 3 Star kid comes to town from here on out.

coyotes_geek
11-11-2012, 10:01 AM
Hmm. Back to back jizz jar references by blake. You must be taking this win harder than I thought. :lol

Blake
11-11-2012, 10:05 AM
Hey I don't blame you for over flowing your jars after last night.

jizz worthy win, imo

SpursNextRomanEmpire
11-11-2012, 05:38 PM
Awesome.

DesignatedT
12-12-2012, 05:40 PM
Blake fail example.

Blake
12-12-2012, 08:52 PM
He would be ok

DesignatedT fail

Clipper Nation
12-12-2012, 08:56 PM
Manziel was a three-star prospect? Shows how flawed the star system is, imho...

leemajors
12-12-2012, 09:07 PM

There are no sure things tbh

Blake
12-12-2012, 09:41 PM

similar to the NFL where there are plenty of late round diamonds/first round busts.

The Reckoning
01-01-2014, 06:11 PM
bump

rjv
01-01-2014, 08:05 PM
maybe i should start a kyle allen thread...

The Reckoning
02-03-2015, 01:03 PM
LOL johnny rehab

DMX7
02-03-2015, 01:32 PM
http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--ZXgaDDui--/ow1dksl4nt3l6g6ldkde.jpg

DesignatedT
02-03-2015, 07:35 PM
Good for him. Maybe he will get his shit together.

Clipper Nation
02-03-2015, 08:53 PM
:lol Zero national titles
:lol Zero BCS bowl wins
:lol Zero conference titles
:lol Zero division titles
:lol "Special"

DesignatedT
02-03-2015, 09:00 PM
:lol how many QBs have won a Heisman Trophy at Texas?

Kermit
02-03-2015, 09:57 PM

Both that were runners-up shit on Johnny Rehab.

Clipper Nation
02-03-2015, 10:02 PM

Vince has one of these:

http://i.imgur.com/544s3Yt.jpg

Does Johnny Rehab have one?

DesignatedT
02-03-2015, 10:08 PM
Vince got to play with a top 5 defense behind him. Manziel got to play with with a 110 ranked defense.

Clipper Nation
02-03-2015, 10:11 PM
Vince got to play with a top 5 defense behind him. Manziel got to play with with a 110 ranked defense.

Vince went up against a team that was already being compared to the all-time great teams before the game was even played.

Inbred beat Bama once in the regular season and jizz jars proceeded to overflow all across Crap Station.

DesignatedT
02-03-2015, 10:12 PM
Vince was an amazing college quarterback, as was Manziel. I can't have a conversation with you.

You (and most of your fan base) is way too bitter still. Get over it.

Blake
02-05-2015, 07:41 PM

Should've been Vince. Everyone knows it......especially now that Reggie had to vacate the Heisman premises.