PDA

View Full Version : Todd Duffee Cut By The UFC

dbreiden83080
09-08-2010, 04:25 PM
This is a Huge WTF right here.... :pctoss

http://www.mmabay.co.uk/img/Todd%20Duffee%20004.jpg

Heavyweight man mountain Todd "Duffman" Duffee has been cut by the UFC after refusing a fight against John Madsen at UFC 121.

Duffee, who was (erroneously) dubbed the owner of the fastest knockout in UFC history when he destroyed Alberta's Tim Hague in seven seconds in August last year, lost by a shock KO to Mike Russow in his last outing after gassing quickly.

Duffee has claimed his knee was bothering him before that fight, and apparently asked to miss the MAdsen fight so he could continue rehabbing the joint.

Take it away, MMAJunkie:

"Emotionally, I'm hurt," Duffee said. "I'm hurt more than anything because I don't know why. As a man, you just want to hear why so you can understand."

"I had a knee injury going into the Russow fight. I'm not making any excuses because I lost that fight, and all props to Mike, but I definitely feel like it affected my gameplan and my mentality going into the fight. I didn't want that to happen again with Madsen. I wanted to be able to go out there and fight to my full potential instead of just boxing, basically. I asked for more time, and as far as I knew, they had granted it to me."

Duffee no doubt didn't help his cause when he Tweeted in late August, "looking for weekend job in denver tired of being completely broke [any] suggestions?"

After the Hague KO, Duffee was being touted as a monster and potential eventual replacement for Brock Lesnar as the division's most feared fighter. How quickly a UFC fighter can fall.

http://communities.canada.com/vancouversun/blogs/groundandpound/archive/2010/09/08/todd-duffee-cut-by-the-ufc.aspx

Rip-Hamilton32
09-09-2010, 11:07 AM
makes no sense at all

Phillip
09-09-2010, 04:04 PM
he decided to pursue a straight course of life, resulting in his being cut

BlairForceDejuan
09-10-2010, 12:56 AM
That Russow KO was ridiiiiiiiiiculous. :lol

Strong wtf on him being cut.

Stringer_Bell
09-10-2010, 01:44 AM
He might've talked shit or been implicated in some shit, that's the only reason I can think of since he was going to fight Madsen (a fight I want to see!) before the injury. His manager called Duffee an "ass" I believe, strange to say that about your client me thinks.

CubanSucks
09-10-2010, 06:05 PM
:lmaoPlease tell me someone has ranked all over your avatar by now Dbreiden. It's been awhile since I've been in the MMA forum.:lol

dbreiden83080
09-10-2010, 07:05 PM
:lmaoPlease tell me someone has ranked all over your avatar by now Dbreiden. It's been awhile since I've been in the MMA forum.:lol

Rank away baby

GSP 4 Life...

And Duffee's reported pay for his last fight was like 8 grand. So he must have pissed off somebody in the company to warrant his dismissal. He's young and should be back though..

CubanSucks
09-10-2010, 07:43 PM
That might as well be Tim Duncan with the aviators. Both are humble non shit talkers and both are the greatest at their position/weight. He can't pull it off. It's gonna suck when Kos knocks those things off...anyway i'm off topic

dbreiden83080
09-10-2010, 09:12 PM
It's gonna suck when Kos knocks those things off...anyway i'm off topic

Hope you are not putting money on that one...

desflood
09-10-2010, 09:25 PM
He might've talked shit or been implicated in some shit, that's the only reason I can think of since he was going to fight Madsen (a fight I want to see!) before the injury. His manager called Duffee an "ass" I believe, strange to say that about your client me thinks.
There were rumors he and Dana White had a falling out of some sort (which is usually the reason any UFC fighter gets cut). Two asses butt heads, the one with more power always wins.

dbreiden83080
09-10-2010, 09:27 PM
There were rumors he and Dana White had a falling out of some sort (which is usually the reason any UFC fighter gets cut). Two asses butt heads, the one with more power always wins.

The Ferttitas really let Dana get away with anything...

ezau
09-15-2010, 02:28 AM
fuck dana white

The TroutBum
09-15-2010, 08:22 PM
fuck dana white

Only if it's in the ass.