PDA

View Full Version : Closing out games..

mfanatic
09-08-2010, 08:30 PM
Let's take a look at the top teams in the West, more in particular their "closing" units and compare..

Lakers:
Fischer
Kobe
Artest
Odom
Gasol

Mavericks:
Kidd
Butler
Marion
Dirk
Haywood

Spurs:
Parker
Manu
Jefferson
Duncan
Tiago

Thunder:
Westbrook
Sefolosha
KD
Ibaka
Kristic

Blazers:
Miller
Roy
Batum
Aldridge
Camby

Rockets:
Brooks
Martin
Battier
Scola
Yao

I left out the Suns, Nuggets, and Utah because I they are weaker then they were last season IMO.

Off the top of the list, the Rockets need to be healthy in the first place. The Thunder are way too young, one more year to go, plus they have no size inside. I am not worried about the Mavericks, we beat them last year and we got better, they stayed the same. The Blazers are a big ? mark because of their chemistry, and health. So it always seems to come down the Lakers. I really think Tiago will do a great job on LO, just like he did a few days ago, and that was while being injured and he had no idea how LO plays. TD and Gasol will cancel each other out at this point, with Jefferson and Artest doing the same as well. I really do believe we own the PG situation like many others, and that Kobe and Manu is not that far off as people may think.

Anyways, just my two cents, here's to the Spurs upsetting MANY people, and not being an 8th seeded team like everyone says. :flag:

TinTin
09-08-2010, 08:37 PM
Ugh :bang

ajballer4
09-08-2010, 08:44 PM
No way in hell that the Thunder sit Jeff Green at the end of the game

silverblackfan
09-08-2010, 09:31 PM
Honestly, if Tim's knees are good and the rest of the 5 are healthy, I always think we have a chance. Should be a great year.

ChuckD
09-08-2010, 10:08 PM
Let's take a look at the top teams in the West, more in particular their "closing" units and compare..

Spurs:
Parker
Manu
Jefferson
Duncan
Tiago

:lol You just really don't understand Pop or the Spurs, do you? Allow me show you...

Spurs:
Parker
Manu
Jefferson
Duncan
Dice

blkroadrunners
09-08-2010, 10:18 PM
:lol You just really don't understand Pop or the Spurs, do you? Allow me show you...

For Pop, you'd never know...

Some nights, it could be RJ at the 4 and Hill at the 2.

Em-City
09-09-2010, 12:51 AM
am i missing the point of this thread.........?

timtonymanu
09-09-2010, 01:48 AM
I honestly think our closing lineup would be:

Parker - Hill - Manu - Duncan - Splitter or Dice (whoever is playing better that night)

iManu
09-09-2010, 02:31 AM
I bet the Blazers make a move with either Andre or Ogre or both.

Roy
Iguodala
Batum
Aldridge
Camby

Is sick. Hope the 76ers don't do it. :hang

Ed Helicopter Jones
09-09-2010, 09:52 AM
Here's the way closing out games will go for the Spurs:

If Manu is healthy and free of bum ankles or broken noses the Spurs will always have a chance with him and whoever on the floor with him at the end of a game.

Remove the Manu, remove the Spurs offensive edge in the last two minutes.

Sadly, the other element missing the last couple of years is the lockdown defense, especially at the end of games. Opposing teams sliced through us like butter down the stretch the last couple of post seasons. Without that, no heroics on the offensive side of the ball will matter worth squat.

spectator
09-09-2010, 04:42 PM
I bet the Blazers make a move with either Andre or Ogre or both.

Roy
Iguodala
Batum
Aldridge
Camby

Is sick. Hope the 76ers don't do it. :hang

no point guard? if this is their closing team, then every team with a speedy point guard is going to run amok, especially since their inside presence is old. (i'm looking at you camby)

spectator
09-09-2010, 04:44 PM

Parker - Hill - Manu - Duncan - Splitter or Dice (whoever is playing better that night)

yes. the only way this should be different is if rj auto-magically resets to 09 mode and starts shooting 39% from 3. alas, i am not holding my breath.

iManu
09-25-2010, 05:28 AM
no point guard? if this is their closing team, then every team with a speedy point guard is going to run amok, especially since their inside presence is old. (i'm looking at you camby)

Roy was actually very good at running the point for them.

spurspokesman
09-25-2010, 06:01 AM
Roy was actually very good at running the point for them.

If we don't develop defensively as a team. Forget about it. We can score but so can other teams. They the lakers get stops. Do we? That's my only concern. If tiago develops defensively watch out? We have a lot to look forward to. But with all that said I really think well do fine and better than what many think.

Waps1980
09-25-2010, 07:39 PM

I agree, but will add.
Dice probably 1st half season depending how splitter comes along and dice holds up it may well swap 2nd half.
Hill/RJ will also depend on how RJ plays this season

Leonard Curse
09-25-2010, 08:02 PM
have you guys seen splitter play??? hes a starter and closer!!! the dude has a manu ginobili brain in a 7ft body no hes not as bad ass as ginobili but he does all those little things and is extremely productive when hes on the court

even if his stats arent amazing he should always be on the court when it comes down to the wire hell do anything he can to win

Leonard Curse
09-25-2010, 08:06 PM
i definitely see splitter starting the whole season . they dont want dice and duncan playing crazy minutes period. so you better believe theyre going to use splitter heck if you saw his previous team he was lucky to come out for 5min. what i like about splitter is hes also very tough and seems to have a durable body we REALLY need that