PDA

View Full Version : Matt Barnes arrested, suspected of domestic violence incident

R4R
09-09-2010, 02:59 AM
Los Angeles Lakers forward Matt Barnes was arrested Wednesday in California on suspicion of felony domestic violence. Barnes later claimed he was the victim.
"U know any domestic violence situation 9 outa 10 times the man gets arrested. That's the case here I was the victim but still got arrested. No matter what I say people are gonna think what they want..." Barnes said Wednesday night in a text message to Brian May of Sacramento television station KXTV.
Barnes also warned via Twitter not to judge the case from afar. "DON'T LET YOUR EARS WITNESS, WHAT YOUR EYES DIDN'T SEE!!!" Barnes tweeted.
The alleged incident occurred about 4:15 p.m. PT Wednesday. Sheriff's deputies from Sacramento County responded to a 911 call made from Barnes' residence in Fair Oaks, Calif. Sherriff's office spokesman Sgt. Tim Curran said a woman "who lived with (Barnes) and with whom he had a dating relationship" made the call. Barnes allegedly tried to prevent the woman from calling police. Curran said dispatchers heard the sound of a struggle during the call.
Deputies say both Barnes and the woman had visible injuries, but they took Barnes into custody after determining he had been the primary aggressor. Barnes was booked into Sacramento County Jail on the domestic violence charge and on suspicion of maliciously obstructing the use of a telephone line.
A court appearance has been scheduled for Monday. The name of the woman was not released, but KXTV reports the alleged victim is Barnes' girlfriend.
Barnes, 30, signed a two-year, $3.6 million contract with the Lakers in July. He grew up in Sacramento and played part of the 2004-05 season for the hometown Kings.
Per The Sacramento Bee, Barnes' profile on the NBA's website says Barnes and his fiancee have twin boys aged 22 months. Barnes and his family could not be reached for comment Wednesday, the Bee reported.

Read more: http://www.sportingnews.com/nba/story/2010-09-09/lakers-forward-matt-barnes-arrested-suspected-of-domestic-violence-incident#ixzz0z17e5olA

http://www.sportingnews.com/nba/story/2010-09-09/lakers-forward-matt-barnes-arrested-suspected-of-domestic-violence-incident

O_O Already causing trouble??

redzero
09-09-2010, 03:12 AM
Don't worry, Artest will set him straight.

#41 Shoot Em Up
09-09-2010, 03:50 AM
Barnes sux

Halberto
09-09-2010, 04:14 AM
he played pretty well for the warriors in 2007...

rayray2k8
09-09-2010, 04:17 AM
Nice pick-up Lakers. :tu

Chieflion
09-09-2010, 04:20 AM
Barnes faked the throw of the ball. The woman didn't flinch.

Kobe™
09-09-2010, 04:53 AM
http://i51.tinypic.com/2jxv6e.jpg

admiralsnackbar
09-09-2010, 05:00 AM
Assigning Picasso's biography as summer reading may have been a bad choice, PJ.

Giuseppe
09-09-2010, 06:04 AM
Don't worry, Artest will set him straight.

Paul Pierce a shining example.

tee, hee.

sefant77
09-09-2010, 06:36 AM
what a hero

well, his fiancee is probably trash too

ezau
09-09-2010, 07:05 AM
Great job Lakers, tee hee

TheManFromAcme
09-09-2010, 07:15 AM

Are those scratch marks on his neck?

admiralsnackbar
09-09-2010, 07:41 AM
Looks like a tat, Acme, but I could be wrong.

dickface
09-09-2010, 07:55 AM
Paul Pierce a shining example.

tee, hee.

yeah, that would really matter to a Hornets fan.

The Franchise
09-09-2010, 08:10 AM

Is he about to cry?

dickface
09-09-2010, 08:12 AM
Is he about to cry?

Probably. Fake wannabe thugs tend to cry when real thug shit happens to them.

Gutter92
09-09-2010, 08:24 AM
Must be taking advice from Kobe on how to treat women...

Ashy Larry
09-09-2010, 08:28 AM
damn matt, what's with the dumb and dumber haircut ????

TheManFromAcme
09-09-2010, 08:50 AM

:lol No joke

Why of all hairstyles, does he choose this?

Ashy Larry
09-09-2010, 08:54 AM
that's just some bad lettuce on his head ....... dude knows he has anger issues. When a bitch act crazy, hop in ya ride and just leave. Then again, she can pull that "Thin Line Between Love and Hate" move, start slamming her arm in the doors and shit and say he did it.

Just stay single.

HeatBurn305
09-09-2010, 08:54 AM
:lol No joke

Why of all hairstyles, does he choose this?

I'll tell you why, ManFrom.

When Gray shoveled it off to LeBron in the Decision, the naysayers were silenced, the rest of the NBA buried. This forum became ours, and ours it will stay.

You motherfucker, you...

tee, hee

HeatBurn305
09-09-2010, 08:56 AM
Probably. Fake wannabe thugs tend to cry when real thug shit happens to them.

The Mavs rang at the door four summers ago, but Payton buried them 6 foot deep and we went on to get #1.

Get used to it, Daddy-O.

hater
09-09-2010, 09:18 AM

he joined the Lakers

Venti Quattro
09-09-2010, 09:20 AM
lol great pick-up :cry

DPG21920
09-09-2010, 09:42 AM
Nothing to see here. Matt just living the life in LA.

Giuseppe
09-09-2010, 09:43 AM
yeah, that would really matter to a Hornets fan.

Probably not, but, to Celtics fans: it was lethal.

tee, hee.

Giuseppe
09-09-2010, 09:44 AM

Hey, you hired a rapist, we hired a woman beater.

In for penny, in for pound.

Venti Quattro
09-09-2010, 09:51 AM

it was in sacramento, not in LA. lol read before you plagiarize :cry

rjv
09-09-2010, 09:52 AM
now we know why kobe was such a fan of barnes.

Giuseppe
09-09-2010, 09:53 AM
Duncan is pretty fond of your Neal as well, rj.

tee, hee.

Booharv
09-09-2010, 09:58 AM
So he's claiming he got beat up by a girl? That's his defense?

Venti Quattro
09-09-2010, 10:00 AM

matt barnes doesn't look like someone who's going to beat by a girl. so it's all bullshit. i just hope it goes well for him because we need him focused for training camp. he's not like kobe who can drop 35 or 40 straight from the courtroom.

DPG21920
09-09-2010, 10:13 AM

Lol calling mocking your post plagiarizing. Plagiarizing is for things that matter, not making fun of Laker "fans" for pimping their team one minute only to have someone else mess up the next.

DPG21920
09-09-2010, 10:15 AM
Hey, you hired a rapist, we hired a woman beater.

In for penny, in for pound.

Yes, but you already had questionable characters. Neal evened the score and now Barnes has put you firmly back in the lead.

Giuseppe
09-09-2010, 10:18 AM
True, but, we each have a rapist now.

ha, ha.

spurs_fan_in_exile
09-09-2010, 10:24 AM

Ha ha. Maybe he was shooting for a Benny Blanco from the Bronx look?

Venti Quattro
09-09-2010, 10:57 AM
Lol calling mocking your post plagiarizing. Plagiarizing is for things that matter, not making fun of Laker "fans" for pimping their team one minute only to have someone else mess up the next.

I feel insulted, degraded and most especially mocked. :(

HarlemHeat37
09-09-2010, 10:58 AM
What a surprise, another POS playing for the Lakers..add another one to the long list of women abusers..it's like they intentionally target these players..not a surprise that pretty much all Laker fans are disgusting..

Giuseppe
09-09-2010, 11:27 AM
Don't even start, Har, you have your own rapist now. We share the shit sandwich equally, well, now that Barnes went off, we'll take 2/3 of it, but, yer still chowin' down that remaining 1/3, keed.

Banzai
09-09-2010, 11:31 AM
Matt Barnes....only thing he'll contribute is ________. (fill in blank)

Killakobe81
09-09-2010, 11:36 AM
Non issue ... LOL
Beating on women is the lowest of the low. But I'll reserve judgement to the facts come out ...BTW i think those ARE scratches ...
LOL spur fans here slinging mud ... I try to make cases upstairs the spurs were still contenders ... and MOST of the replies where no we are not!

so have fun here ...sounds like the Artest crap from last off-season ...how did that work out?

Giuseppe
09-09-2010, 11:38 AM
She has no more right to assault him as vice versa.

lefty
09-09-2010, 11:41 AM
Barnes should hire Kobe's lawyer

Giuseppe
09-09-2010, 11:45 AM
.....or, better yet:::Neal's.

tee, hee.

spurs_fan_in_exile
09-09-2010, 11:50 AM
Barnes should hire Kobe's lawyer

And his jeweler.

ohmwrecker
09-09-2010, 01:18 PM

lol look up the definition of plagiarize before using it in a sentence.

ohmwrecker
09-09-2010, 01:28 PM
True, but, we each have a rapist now.

ha, ha.

The Spurs "alleged" rapist is a 12th man at best, and yours is the leader of a team of full of nitwits.

Giuseppe
09-09-2010, 01:37 PM
Uh, uh, none of that crapola, Wrecker. Neal is on your team. You're going to be held accountable for it.

And that's just the way it's gonna be.

ace3g
09-09-2010, 08:29 PM
Matt_Barnes22

DON'T LET YOUR EARS WITNESS, WHAT YOUR EYES DIDN'T SEE!!! http://myloc.me/bGpax

lol lol lol

duncan228
09-09-2010, 09:12 PM
Barnes’ fiance says domestic accusation false (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=ap-lakers-barnes-arrested)

The fiance of Los Angeles Lakers player Matt Barnes says a domestic violence accusation against him is false, and he has never physically abused her or her family.

Gloria Govan made the comments in a statement issued Thursday.

Barnes was arrested Wednesday on suspicion of domestic violence after deputies responded to a disconnected 911.

Sacramento County sheriff’s spokesman Tim Curran says when deputies went to the home that Barnes shares with Govan late Wednesday afternoon they found her with visible injuries. Curran says Barnes was arrested after deputies determined he was the primary aggressor.

Barnes, released after posting a $50,000 bond, is scheduled to be arraigned Sept. 13.

Koolaid_Man
09-09-2010, 09:30 PM
What a surprise, another POS playing for the Lakers..add another one to the long list of women abusers..it's like they intentionally target these players..not a surprise that pretty much all Laker fans are disgusting..

I'm cool with it...Barnes simply perfecting in private the art of bitch slapping in preparation for the public bitch slapping of Lebron...

Carry on son..slap those bitches...:toast

Donkeybong
09-09-2010, 09:39 PM
Looks like Matt Barnes will be my new Brian Cook.

lefty
09-09-2010, 11:27 PM
Barnes is going to work out better than Ariza. Book it.
I think so

1 little incident so what?

He should be a contributor this season

crc21209
09-09-2010, 11:28 PM
He's a Laker, what do you expect? They have a raper (Kobe), a nut (Artest, and now a wife-beater (Barnes). :lol

BadOdor
09-09-2010, 11:34 PM
He's a Laker, what do you expect? They have a raper (Kobe), a nut (Artest, and now a wife-beater (Barnes). :lol

Damn, lakers are almost as bad as the spurs nowdays!

ezau
09-09-2010, 11:40 PM
Lakers have the most criminals than any other team in the league. They should prolly get Arenas and Delonte West to get a first five of Kobe, Artest, Barnes, Arenas, and Delonte

BadOdor
09-09-2010, 11:44 PM
Lakers have the most criminals than any other team in the league. They should prolly get Arenas and Delonte West to get a first five of Kobe, Artest, Barnes, Arenas, and Delonte

Tbh that must be why the lakers are the champs - nice guys finish last.

Giuseppe
09-09-2010, 11:52 PM
....or, Skunked.

Koolaid_Man
09-09-2010, 11:55 PM
This is so cool....

Kobe - Serial Rapist ( never seen a rapist fill so many opposing arenas before like Kobe)
Ron Ron - Crazy fan fighting Bastard
Barnes - Bitch slayer ( Beware Lebron)
Odom ( Weed Smuggler) uses candy as a front
Fisher - Contract Fraud ( see Utah Jazz)
Pau - Racist Chinese baiter ( see tight eyed Chinese skit)

Man I fucking love this team...

Killakobe81
09-10-2010, 12:23 AM
I think so

1 little incident so what?

He should be a contributor this season

this sig cartoon is nice. The resemblance is only so-so but I can appreciate good art. Good find, Lefty ...

TE
09-10-2010, 02:15 AM
This is so cool....

Kobe - Serial Rapist ( never seen a rapist fill so many opposing arenas before like Kobe)

And that is suppose to be cool?

You are an idiot. You are the prototypical NBA fan who happens to have fallen on the Lakers bandwagon post-Gasol era.
:bang

ezau
09-10-2010, 03:03 AM
This is so cool....

Well that's the NBA All-Criminal Team right there. :toast Congrats

ezau
09-10-2010, 03:04 AM
This is so cool....

http://i762.photobucket.com/albums/xx261/OGBobbyJohsonOWNsKoolaidman/koolaid3-1.jpg

:lmao:lmao:lmao

Ditty
09-10-2010, 03:14 AM
Matt Barnes looks like a black cholo

Koolaid_Man
09-10-2010, 06:48 AM

Let me give you the Laker play by play when we come to your city:

First we defraud you like Fisher by convincing you to meet us at the arena for a decent, fairly played NBA game. After you’ve purchased your tickets and popcorn you realize the Lakers players typically play like shit, similar to drinking Hennessy like Ron Ron and smoking weed like Odom. So you get upset start talking shit so we slap you around a minute like Barnes. However, the slapping doesn't phase you so you talk more shit and finally with the help of the NBA refs we bend you over like Kobe and horse fuck the shit out of you and after we’re done we tell you to get the fuck out of the arena you filthy jewish bastards like Paul Gasol…

We do all of this while Phil quietly approves on the sidelines…

The NBA is amazing indeed and that in a nutshell is why I love this team :toast.

Giuseppe
09-10-2010, 07:08 AM

You got a rapist as well, Ez. You're no better.

Let us proceed...

lefty
09-10-2010, 08:30 AM
this sig cartoon is nice. The resemblance is only so-so but I can appreciate good art. Good find, Lefty ...

Thanks, I found it on Spurs.com
Yeah the resemblance is meh, but the cartoonish style is nice.

BTW, Sasha in your sig is really photoshop material

ezau
09-10-2010, 11:00 PM

Let us proceed...

Cully, we only have Gary Neal, I don't think he's a good foundation as far as building an All-Star cast of criminals.

ezau
09-10-2010, 11:01 PM
Let me give you the Laker play by play when we come to your city:

First we defraud you like Fisher by convincing you to meet us at the arena for a decent, fairly played NBA game. After you’ve purchased your tickets and popcorn you realize the Lakers players typically play like shit, similar to drinking Hennessy like Ron Ron and smoking weed like Odom. So you get upset start talking shit so we slap you around a minute like Barnes. However, the slapping doesn't phase you so you talk more shit and finally with the help of the NBA refs we bend you over like Kobe and horse fuck the shit out of you and after we’re done we tell you to get the fuck out of the arena you filthy jewish bastards like Paul Gasol…

We do all of this while Phil quietly approves on the sidelines…

The NBA is amazing indeed and that in a nutshell is why I love this team :toast.

http://i762.photobucket.com/albums/xx261/OGBobbyJohsonOWNsKoolaidman/koolaid3-1.jpg
:toast:toast

Giuseppe
09-10-2010, 11:03 PM
He still stuffed a beaver illegally.

Mori Chu
09-11-2010, 02:28 AM

Let us proceed...

I thought the Spurs were the rape victims. In the 2009-10 Western Conference Semifinals, that is.

JamStone
09-11-2010, 10:27 AM
Barnes’ fiance says domestic accusation false (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=ap-lakers-barnes-arrested)

The fiance of Los Angeles Lakers player Matt Barnes says a domestic violence accusation against him is false, and he has never physically abused her or her family.

Gloria Govan made the comments in a statement issued Thursday.

Barnes was arrested Wednesday on suspicion of domestic violence after deputies responded to a disconnected 911.

Sacramento County sheriff’s spokesman Tim Curran says when deputies went to the home that Barnes shares with Govan late Wednesday afternoon they found her with visible injuries. Curran says Barnes was arrested after deputies determined he was the primary aggressor.

Barnes, released after posting a $50,000 bond, is scheduled to be arraigned Sept. 13.

I hadn't read this thread until now but I that name jumped out at me. So I googled and that's the sister of Laura Govan, Gilbert Arenas' wifey who allegedly was fucking Shaq on the side.

WTF?! Do these bitches have magic pussy or something?

Giuseppe
09-11-2010, 10:32 AM
"after deputies responded to a disconnected 911"

:lmao You can't get the motherf'ers to come out otherwise. Hang up on a 911, and here they come, bells & whistles blarin' :lmao