PDA

View Full Version : where would you like carmelo to end up?

spectator
09-09-2010, 05:24 PM
sorry for not knowing how to make a poll. hope you get over it.

the reason i am posting this here is b/c i want to know the opinion from spurs nation, not everyone in the nba forum. there have been several options on the table. yahoo sports said that carmelo prefers new york, chicago; and that houston made a bid for him. thus, if we are to limit ourselves to those options, including staying in denver - which one would you pick so that the spurs are in the best position?

1. chicago - has great talent and youth to trade. allegedly, bulls are willing to include noah in any negotiations. great market. a different conference from denver.

2. houston - has great talent and youth to trade. could possibly take another bad contract from denver, so trade options increase with houston. idk if carmelo is truly excited about this option. houston metro population is at the lower end of big markets, so opportunities for ads may be considerably lower than chicago, but significantly better than denver.

3. denver - new GM; after this year, most players that are owned a lot of money come off the books. realistically, they hold a slight chance of holding carmelo by promising restructuring on the go. if i am carmelo, this inspires me as much as the idea of peeing on the go. regardless, weird things have happened before.

4. new york - this is more carmelo's (and his wife's) pipe dream than anything else. unless new york promises smth outlandish like three 1st round picks, no one should make this deal. (i included this mainly b/c it's everywhere in the press, not b/c it's a realistic possibility)

there are more options for him to go to - but let's limit ourselves to only these ones. realistically speaking, where would you want him to end up? (it's cool if you say new york - but it's very unlikely; unless you have a different point of view). some general reasons for the main 3 options - houston (will have to trade too much to get him, team will be weakened by the departure of starters at other positions), denver (same team from last year + 1 year older => not a big danger for spurs), chicago (different conference, team will lose chemistry w/o their starting C/other traded pieces; however, may get to the finals [the new big 3 - drose+carmelo+boozer] to kick us in the butt)

-------------------

i had to include this little blip, that has nothing to do with the main question (b/c it's a pipe dream). how much would you trade for carmelo if you are the spurs? (assuming he signs the extension)

1. gino + 1 1st round pick +/- change
2. gino + 2 1st round picks +/- change
3. gino + 3 1st round pikcs +/- change

i would have tried possibilities with parker, but i doubt denver wants him, or anyone else from our roster

GSH
09-09-2010, 05:31 PM
Q. Where would you like to see Carmelo end up?

A. Jail.

G-Dawgg
09-09-2010, 05:40 PM
New York of course is the place for him! Imagine how sick that would be Amare, Carmelo, and Tony Parker.....damn.

DesignatedT
09-09-2010, 05:45 PM
Anywhere in the east.

Trill Clinton
09-09-2010, 06:11 PM
Anywhere in the east.

This

DeadlyDynasty
09-09-2010, 06:23 PM
new york, along with chris paul

Mark in Austin
09-09-2010, 06:23 PM
The Clippers. It would be a 10 on the unintentional comedy scale.

ducks
09-09-2010, 06:40 PM
spurs

manu straight up for melo

vander
09-09-2010, 06:55 PM
in NY with TP

spectator
09-09-2010, 07:20 PM
Philadelphia. If they could somehow get Melo without giving up Turner and Holliday then that would have the potential to be the best 1/2/3 down the road.

holliday is decent - but not nearly where he needs to be for a top tier guy. turner looks good in ncaa. let's wait a little bit. he was quite poor in summer league.

duhoh
09-09-2010, 08:01 PM
houston a small market? dude yao ming's presence alone negates any talk of a small market.

shane battier has his own shoe in china. melo in houston would explode his popularity amongst those crazy chinese ASW voters :lol

Brazil
09-09-2010, 08:25 PM
Anywhere in the east.

LittleCriminal
09-09-2010, 08:30 PM
Melo for Jefferson+Bonner+2nd...:toast

spectator
09-09-2010, 08:41 PM
houston a small market? dude yao ming's presence alone negates any talk of a small market.

shane battier has his own shoe in china. melo in houston would explode his popularity amongst those crazy chinese ASW voters :lol

you do make a good point. houston does have great intl. potential. however, how long do you think yao is going to play there? 1 year maybe, 2 tops?

The_Worlds_finest
09-09-2010, 09:10 PM
2 1/2" up sequs ass.....no lube

Man In Black
09-09-2010, 11:35 PM
I, for once, would like the NBA to be the way it was in the past, where you were forced to play where a team wanted you to play, and if you didn't play well, you'd be sent to basketball Siberia.

I am not down with this New Generation of trying to force GM's where they want to go. Where is the "play for the name on the front of the jersey" guys? I say, send Melo to the Pacers or the Hornets or the Kings or to CSKA Moscow.

spectator
09-10-2010, 12:52 AM
I, for once, would like the NBA to be the way it was in the past, where you were forced to play where a team wanted you to play, and if you didn't play well, you'd be sent to basketball Siberia.

I am not down with this New Generation of trying to force GM's where they want to go. Where is the "play for the name on the front of the jersey" guys? I say, send Melo to the Pacers or the Hornets or the Kings or to CSKA Moscow.

i am ok with pacers, kings and cska. however, him going to the hornets with chris paul and david west, in the same division with the spurs is not the best option for spurs fans.

DaDakota
09-10-2010, 12:54 AM
As a Rockets fan I do not want him in Houston or NY...we own several of their picks or rights to switch picks so I want them to continue to suck...how long will Amare hold up anyway?

And I don't want to trade anyone on our team now....it is a bunch of hard working player who fit very well "chemistry wise" and I don't want Thugelo anywhere near my team.

So, Chicago sounds good.

DD

PDXSpursFan
09-10-2010, 12:07 PM
As a Spurs fan I want Carmelo to end-up joining the Spurs :smokin

JR3
09-10-2010, 12:39 PM
I think he will be in new york. no doubt. people act like tp is a lock in ny too, but i think new york would rather have paul.

elemento
09-10-2010, 01:04 PM
I think Melo will go to New York.

And next season Parker will go to New York as well.

phxspurfan
09-10-2010, 01:22 PM
He should go to New York with David Lee and Amare. Then they'll get D. Rose or some other legit PG and be contenders again.

Leetonidas
09-10-2010, 01:26 PM
He should go to New York with David Lee and Amare. Then they'll get D. Rose or some other legit PG and be contenders again.

Lee plays for GS

phxspurfan
09-10-2010, 01:49 PM
Lee plays for GS

Whoops I meant Spike Lee

DynastySpurs210
09-10-2010, 02:03 PM
Trade Manu For Melo! Problem solved (: