PDA

View Full Version : NBALP Broadband

phxspurfan
09-10-2010, 01:25 PM
Who's getting ready to make this mistake again? I am.

btw if we miraculously trade RJ and Bonner for Ariza or something I'd buy season tickets. Just sayin'

silverblackfan
09-10-2010, 08:09 PM
I used it for about 5 games last year that I could not catch on NBA TV. I think I will do without this year, and stick to NBA TV.
I say this now, but when a cable black out hits or I am on vacation, I might waver...

DesignatedT
09-10-2010, 08:12 PM
Unfortunately I will be purchasing this soon.

TheSullyMonster
09-11-2010, 01:09 AM
Who's getting ready to make this mistake again? I am.

What were the problems with it last year?

I don't live in Texas, so I'm not worried about area blackouts, if that matters any.

DesignatedT
09-11-2010, 01:19 AM
What were the problems with it last year?

I don't live in Texas, so I'm not worried about area blackouts, if that matters any.

Well that was one of the problems. Also if the Spurs game is being shown on NBAtv then they also blackout the game on broadband because they count that as national TV even though I can't get it where I'm at... but if you have NBAtv then you're good. Other than that there were a couple instances were Broadband messed up and didn't show the game or had the wrong game showing and some minor freezing/lagging problems. I also hated having to listen to visiting commentators for most of the games but it's better than nothing and those crappy feeds you can find online.

phxspurfan
09-11-2010, 07:59 PM
yeah my chief complains were the lag, the producers always choosing the opposing commentators to broadcast the games, the video quality and the infrequent but frustrating technical difficulties. The price was ok though.

DPG21920
09-11-2010, 08:53 PM
They have where you can choose the home/away broadcast now, right? Or is that just for the regular NBALP?

phxspurfan
09-11-2010, 09:02 PM
They have where you can choose the home/away broadcast now, right? Or is that just for the regular NBALP?

Not sure since I haven't purchased it for the new season. But last season the home/away choice was for the radio stream.