PDA

View Full Version : What shows will be cancelled this season?

Trainwreck2100
09-10-2010, 09:16 PM
Just watching the NFL on NBC i saw promos for two shows i know won't last

Chase-us marshal show with a woman *sigh* protagonist, we already have one of those nbc its that shitty ass in plain sight.

Undercovers-expect this first and only season's episodes to get alot of play on BET

wannabe Moderator
09-10-2010, 09:28 PM
Cancelling this thread would be best.

Jacob1983
09-11-2010, 12:30 AM
I think Chase might be interesting. Josh Hamilton's on it so it could be good. :lol
The black chick on Undercovers is hot so that might stave off cancellation for a while.

EricB
09-11-2010, 02:03 AM
WTF? Chase and Josh Hamilton?!

Jacob1983
09-11-2010, 02:09 AM
It was a joke. Josh Hamilton is not on Chase. However, his celebrity lookalike Cole Hauser is.

BlackSwordsMan
09-11-2010, 07:57 AM
Shit my dad says with william shatner, looks fucking horrible. Horribly written comedy show with shit my dad says twitter quotes.

BlackSwordsMan
09-11-2010, 07:58 AM
and hopefully TAPS

Cry Havoc
09-11-2010, 09:18 AM
This is the last season for Friday Night Lights. :depressed

Xylus
09-11-2010, 09:27 AM
Nothing looks that interesting this upcoming season. When does Breaking Bad return?

IronMexican
09-11-2010, 10:08 AM
Nothing looks that interesting this upcoming season. When does Breaking Bad return?

Postponed till July 2011, so it can come on the same time as Mad Men(Rumor). I don't think that makes much sense, though, cause they'd want Rubicon to be paired up with either Breaking Bad or Mad Men. So I have a feeling Breaking Bad is still slotted for March/Spring 2011.

ChuckD
09-11-2010, 05:29 PM
Postponed till July 2011, so it can come on the same time as Mad Men(Rumor). I don't think that makes much sense, though, cause they'd want Rubicon to be paired up with either Breaking Bad or Mad Men. So I have a feeling Breaking Bad is still slotted for March/Spring 2011.

?? This season is the final season of Mad Men. BB is the perfect replacement. July makes sense.

Death In June
09-11-2010, 05:50 PM
Walking dead will be cool, but I have a feeling it's gonna get canned.

ChuckD
09-11-2010, 06:22 PM

Nah, it's on AMC, not FOX or a network. They let shows develop. If it's good, it'll be left on.

TheMACHINE
09-11-2010, 06:42 PM
Just as long as they dont cancel Chuck, ill be ok.

desflood
09-11-2010, 06:45 PM
This season? I'm still angry that they cancelled Firefly.

RoddyBukkake
09-11-2010, 07:08 PM
?? This season is the final season of Mad Men. BB is the perfect replacement. July makes sense.

they're making 2 more MM seasons after this one

phxspurfan
09-11-2010, 08:50 PM
Jersey Shore

IronMexican
09-11-2010, 09:00 PM

Serious? I didn't know that. I still figured they would try to pair Rubicon with something, so it could last.

IronMexican
09-11-2010, 09:00 PM

Okay. Makes sense with what I was saying then.

Jacob1983
09-11-2010, 10:53 PM
This upcoming tv season has to be one of the worst ever. None of these new shows look that promising or interesting. These new shows don't have anything unique or original about them. The only one that I have a slight interest is The Event but as soon as everyone knows what the event is, people will turn the channel.

robino2001
09-11-2010, 11:13 PM
This is the last season for Friday Night Lights. :depressed

KXAN Austin (NBC affiliate) showed them filming the final scenes a few weeks ago and talked about the last episode... like gave crap away... WTF?! The actors wouldn't say anything about the ending on camera so the reporters did... Come on!!! :nope

spurs_fan_in_exile
09-12-2010, 01:49 AM
The Good Guys. Fox gave it the customary Friday night hospice slot.

eyeh8u
09-12-2010, 02:18 AM

entire series blu ray is on deal of the day at amazon today for 27 bucks free ship

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B001EN71CW?tag=davehomeless-20&camp=213381&creative=390973&linkCode=as4&creativeASIN=B001EN71CW&adid=18WNN9H1T5HC8RFAW45K&

ChuckD
09-12-2010, 10:05 AM

That's awesome. I thought I had read this was it. I think it was on USAToday.

IronMexican
09-12-2010, 10:18 AM
I don't watch Mad Men, but if it's anything like Breaking Bad, I'd always fear this was the last season as well.

Fpoonsie
09-12-2010, 10:20 AM
Really hoping this one turns out to be as funny as the preview suggests, but in the end of the day, it's on FOX...

iYfRSHilLcs

Cant_Be_Faded
09-12-2010, 09:11 PM
Never thought V would be coming back.

rr2418
09-12-2010, 11:01 PM
I think Chase might be interesting. Josh Hamilton's on it so it could be good. :lol
The black chick on Undercovers is hot so that might stave off cancellation for a while.

The black chick is hot but forgettable! I don't think she could save the show! Good for half to a full season.

rr2418
09-12-2010, 11:06 PM
Just watching the NFL on NBC i saw promos for two shows i know won't last

Chase-us marshal show with a woman *sigh* protagonist, we already have one of those nbc its that shitty ass in plain sight.

Undercovers-expect this first and only season's episodes to get alot of play on BET

This upcoming tv season has to be one of the worst ever. None of these new shows look that promising or interesting. These new shows don't have anything unique or original about them. The only one that I have a slight interest is The Event but as soon as everyone knows what the event is, people will turn the channel.

I thought I heard that the producer of 24 is also one of the producers of The Event. This show is definitely on my list to watch this season. I don't think we'll know what the event is this season. I think they'll "stretch" it out some.

DJ Mbenga
09-12-2010, 11:07 PM
nbc's "the event" looks like a maybe candidate. this show will either be cancelled fast or become the new lost/24.

DJ Mbenga
09-12-2010, 11:08 PM
I thought I heard that the producer of 24 is also one of the producers of The Event. This show is definitely on my list to watch this season. I don't think we'll know what the event is this season. I think they'll "stretch" it out some.

too bad they chose a black president over the original idea of a Latino president. :depressed

ChuckD
09-12-2010, 11:17 PM
The Event creators allegedly have at least a three season story line created. It shouldn't be the debacle that Flash Forward, the show without a plan or a plot, became.

JudynTX
09-13-2010, 08:14 AM
The only new show I want to watch is No Ordinary Family on ABC. It looks like a rip-off of Heroes. :lol

NbBplfoXBbY

Trainwreck2100
09-14-2010, 10:41 AM
The only new show I want to watch is No Ordinary Family on ABC. It looks like a rip-off of Heroes. :lol

NbBplfoXBbY

Not sold on Julie Benz, she wore out her welcome real fast on Dexter

But I'm gonna go and add "Outsourced" to my list of shows not going to make it. Bunch of 'mericans out of a job, many because they were given to fucking ragheads who work for pennies on the dollar, so let's make a show about it. I know said ragheads will probably watch, but that's not a big enough market share to keep it afloat

spurs_fan_in_exile
09-14-2010, 11:11 AM
But I'm gonna go and add "Outsourced" to my list of shows not going to make it. Bunch of 'mericans out of a job, many because they were given to fucking ragheads who work for pennies on the dollar, so let's make a show about it. I know said ragheads will probably watch, but that's not a big enough market share to keep it afloat

Actually I expect the only people that will watch that will be members of various alphabet organizations that live to get offended by stuff and sue someone. It's doom is all but certain. The real intrigue is whether or not it will get pulled before someone gets their panties in a twist over some matter of cultural sensitivity.

sonic21
09-14-2010, 11:16 AM

NbBplfoXBbY

The Incredibles!!!! Hope it's interesting

Spurminator
09-14-2010, 11:16 AM
The pilot for No Ordinary Family was terrible. Mainly because of the whiny attitudinal kids. "High school is hard enough, I don't WANT super powers!" Give me a break.

I'd like for The Event to be good, but it might be another Flash Forward, i.e. mystery for the sake of mystery with no good plan for resolution.

JudynTX
09-14-2010, 11:20 AM
Not sold on Julie Benz, she wore out her welcome real fast on Dexter

Yea, but the way she died. Damn! :(

:td I have no interest in watching that.

The pilot for No Ordinary Family was terrible. Mainly because of the whiny attitudinal kids. "High school is hard enough, I don't WANT super powers!" Give me a break.

:lol If you could have a special power, what would it be?

Trainwreck2100
09-14-2010, 11:26 AM
Actually I expect the only people that will watch that will be members of various alphabet organizations that live to get offended by stuff and sue someone. It's doom is all but certain. The real intrigue is whether or not it will get pulled before someone gets their panties in a twist over some matter of cultural sensitivity.

Don't get me wrong as I am someone who prides himself on his cultural sensitivity, I expect the cultural backlash to be nonexistant. NBC know to stay away from their religion cause they don't want to get suicide bombed. And really that's all those people bitch about anyway

Spurminator
09-14-2010, 11:49 AM
NBC know to stay away from their religion cause they don't want to get suicide bombed. And really that's all those people bitch about anyway

They don't want to get suicide bombed by Hindus?

Trainwreck2100
09-14-2010, 06:59 PM
They don't want to get suicide bombed by Hindus?

learn how to preview, one of the employees is wearing a burqa

Venti Quattro
09-14-2010, 07:01 PM
sons do you have a premiere list of shows? thanks sons

Spurminator
09-14-2010, 07:07 PM
learn how to preview, one of the employees is wearing a burqa

One? Is she the main character?

(I've seen the pilot)

AZLouis
09-14-2010, 07:21 PM

Nah, it's on AMC, not FOX or a network. They let shows develop. If it's good, it'll be left on.

1st season is 6 eps. AMC just ordered a 2nd full season of 13 eps.

Trainwreck2100
09-29-2010, 11:25 AM
http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2010/09/28/lone-star-canceled/

first one dead

AnthonyM
09-29-2010, 11:34 AM
I don't watch Mad Men, but if it's anything like Breaking Bad, I'd always fear this was the last season as well.

It's nothing like Breaking Bad.

Then again, Mad Men is a pretty original show so...

CosmicCowboy
09-29-2010, 11:47 AM

LOL Firefly was great...

Have you made the connection yet that Inara Serra (the intergalactic courtesan) on Firefly is now "Anna" on "V"? She looks really different with her hair chopped off...

http://www.panhistoria.com/Stacks/Novels/Character_Homes/HomeImages/I10261.jpeg

Kermit
09-29-2010, 11:51 AM
http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2010/09/28/lone-star-canceled/

first one dead

It had a pretty good pilot.

oh crap
09-29-2010, 12:38 PM
didn't get to catch Lone Star but wanted to give it a try

GINNNNNNNNNNNNOBILI
09-29-2010, 01:02 PM
Damn... I thought the premise of lone star was pretty interesting, but it seemed like a show better suited for fx than fox

Trainwreck2100
09-29-2010, 01:12 PM
Yeah a guy i know was like lonestar is really good, and i was like well if its really good for sure fox will cancel it. But yeah they did a shitty job of promoting it, nobody knew what it was about

MannyIsGod
09-29-2010, 01:25 PM
I think pretty much everything I've seen on TV thats new so far will get canned with the exception of raising hope on fox. That seems perfect and it has a great time slot following glee.

I like Detroit 187 but its probably going to fail and I am all but certain The Event is destined to die.

Trainwreck2100
09-29-2010, 01:29 PM
I think pretty much everything I've seen on TV thats new so far will get canned with the exception of raising hope on fox. That seems perfect and it has a great time slot following glee.

I like Detroit 187 but its probably going to fail and I am all but certain The Event is destined to die.

alot of nbc shows will get that "we have nothing else to show cause we gave a big nosed moron the same pt time slot for 5 days last season" lifeline that chuck got

spurs_fan_in_exile
09-29-2010, 01:42 PM
It never stood a chance lined up against established hits on CBS and ABC and probably the most hyped new show in NBC's line up. With all the rave reviews I thought maybe with MLB playoffs coming up they'd reevaluate the landscape,find a more vulnerable time slot, and promote hell out of it during baseball games as a last ditch effort. Guess not.

Spurminator
09-29-2010, 01:54 PM
Pretty bummed about Lone Star but not surprised. Let this be another lesson for the producers of well-written, well-acted but slow-paced, serialized dramas... Stick to cable.