PDA

View Full Version : I'm going to be a dad.

Brutalis
09-10-2010, 09:29 PM
She is due November 11th. Her name will be Kenzie Shea Phillips. And I am thrilled.

The Spurs just moved down a spot on my list. Sorry Timmy.

:king

:toast

DesignatedT
09-10-2010, 09:34 PM
Congrats!

TIMMYD!
09-10-2010, 09:36 PM
Congratulations!

slick'81
09-10-2010, 09:37 PM
get ready shes gonna rock ur world i know my lil girl did :toast

Solid D
09-10-2010, 09:39 PM
She is due November 11th. Her name will be Kenzie Shea Phillips. And I am thrilled.

As well he should. Congratulations, Brutalis!!! I hope all goes well with your wife and Kenzie Shea.

koriwhat
09-10-2010, 09:42 PM
congrats man!

J.T.
09-10-2010, 09:48 PM
Brutalis you've always been a quality dude so I'm sure you'll be a great dad.

timtonymanu
09-10-2010, 09:49 PM
Congratulations! I wish you and your family the best!

duncan228
09-10-2010, 09:54 PM
Congrats Brutalis! What a beautiful name. Wish you all the best. :toast

Trainwreck2100
09-10-2010, 09:58 PM
don't want to sound like a dick but, get that dna homeboy

CubanMustGo
09-10-2010, 10:06 PM
don't want to sound like a dick

FAIL.

Congratulations, Brutalis!

TDMVPDPOY
09-10-2010, 10:17 PM
enjoy changing diapers man...fkn lame ass :(

The Franchise
09-10-2010, 10:18 PM
Congratulations Brutalis. You are about to find out what it truly means to love someone more than yourself. :toast

baseline bum
09-10-2010, 10:21 PM
Congrats, man.

Dr. Gonzo
09-10-2010, 10:28 PM
Kids sound like a nightmare.

Gutter92
09-10-2010, 10:28 PM
Grats! Try to find out on average how often babies need to, uh, soil themselves. Then, conveniently always be in the bathroom or outside or something around that time ;D

Libri
09-10-2010, 10:32 PM
Congratulations!

benefactor
09-10-2010, 10:34 PM
Congrats man! Cherish every moment.

I can't believe mine is already in middle school. :(

ducks
09-10-2010, 10:39 PM

I have a 2 year old and a 10 year old
both with the same beautifully wife

MaNuMaNiAc
09-10-2010, 10:51 PM
Congrats Brutalis! :tu

ivanfromwestwood
09-10-2010, 10:52 PM
congrats man. i wish for her perfect health and a long life. god bless

Nathan Explosion
09-10-2010, 10:57 PM
Congrats. Is this your first? If so, your life as you know it is over. And no I'm not trying to be an ass. Things change so much it's hard to grasp at first.

When my son (my first child) was born, everything happened so fast and was so hectic with staying at the hospital, I didn't get a full handle on it until I got home with him. On that last night, after my wife went to sleep, he woke up and I held him while feeding him. Everything had slowed down and I had time to think. Then it finally hit me, no matter how old he got, I was always going to have to be there for the rest of my life.

It was the most humbling moment of my life. But in a very good way that only a parent could understand.

Everyone that I've talked to has said the same thing to some degree. It's absolutely going to be the hardest thing you've ever had to do, but also the most rewarding thing ever. As I type this I have my beautiful 2 year old daughter sitting on my lap trying to put my cap back on.

She was also doing the air guitar part when we were watching Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure during the future part. Kids are such a pain in the ass, and the greatest at the same time.

texaskid
09-10-2010, 11:08 PM
Congrats!

xellos88330
09-10-2010, 11:08 PM
Congrats! Nothing like being a daddy for the first time. Enjoy it! I know I am. I can't wait to take my daughter to her first Spurs game!

phxspurfan
09-10-2010, 11:17 PM
congrats!

gospursgojas
09-10-2010, 11:29 PM
Congrats.

I always tell new parents this...

Its not hard work like some say, bc when you love something so much how can it be called work???

lefty
09-10-2010, 11:43 PM

Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit

I mean congratulations to you and your family; all the best to Kenzie Shea Phillips Brutalis.

And here is to a lot of sleepless nights and pipi shots to the face while changing her diapers :toast

The Franchise
09-10-2010, 11:56 PM
Congrats.

Its not hard work like some say, bc when you love something so much how can it be called work???

Shhhhiiittttt! It is hard, but the reward is worth the effort.

Dave Mustaine
09-11-2010, 12:04 AM
cool bro! now all she needs is a brother to marry one day.

lol arkansas hillbillies

Agloco
09-11-2010, 12:08 AM
Congrats. Is this your first? If so, your life as you know it is over. And no I'm not trying to be an ass. Things change so much it's hard to grasp at first.

This.

Had mine one week after I started my doctorate. Twins no less.

Kids tend to end your social life as you knew it. When (make that if) you get together with friends from now on it's gonna be............ well, different. Depending on how tight your time is, your physical health will be hard to keep up too......

Enjoy.

I love my kids very much, but it's work and then some.

Brazil
09-11-2010, 12:10 AM
Congratulations !!!

There is nothing better than being a father, enjoy everyday, time is flying !

Brazil
09-11-2010, 12:12 AM
This.

Had mine one week after I started my doctorate. Twins no less.

Kids tend to end your social life as you knew it. When (make that if) you get together with friends from now on it's gonna be............ well, different. Depending on how tight your time is, your physical health will be hard to keep up too......

Enjoy.

I love my kids very much, but it's work and then some.

I have twins too and oh my god it's hard, now they are 3 years old so it's easier but it was so hard the first year...

DeadlyDynasty
09-11-2010, 12:20 AM
Congrats man

FuzzyLumpkins
09-11-2010, 12:38 AM
Congrats.

Well lets see. Because for the first few months they do not sleep for more than three hours at a time and constantly require feeding. For the first year they shit all over themselves with a pudding like substance which you get the joy of cleaning up.

Up until they are four they have no concept of others and their wants so its pretty much a given they are going to be greedy assholes and punishing them does not help because they are incapable of understanding what they are doing wrong. Up until 6 they need constant supervision which means you get no peace because if you do not then they will fuck themselves up and it will be your fault.

You constantly have to buy them shit. They are worse than a needy moneygrubbing girlfriend. If you do not buy them tons of shit then you are held responsible for it and charged with child neglect.

You get a slight reprieve when they go to school but some asshole decided that school should get out a couple of hours before work does so you get fucked anyway. Then they become adolescents and even though they understand the needs of others they no longer give a fuck. Even though they are intentionally being assholes because they want independence, you cannot give them that independence by letting them leave or you get charged with child endangerment.

You ask 90% of the people that have kids and they will always tell you that kids are great. Ask them if they want another one and its pretty much a universal no.

gospursgojas
09-11-2010, 01:45 AM
Well lets see. Because for the first few months they do not sleep for more than three hours at a time and constantly require feeding. For the first year they shit all over themselves with a pudding like substance which you get the joy of cleaning up.

Up until they are four they have no concept of others and their wants so its pretty much a given they are going to be greedy assholes and punishing them does not help because they are incapable of understanding what they are doing wrong. Up until 6 they need constant supervision which means you get no peace because if you do not then they will fuck themselves up and it will be your fault.

You constantly have to buy them shit. They are worse than a needy moneygrubbing girlfriend. If you do not buy them tons of shit then you are held responsible for it and charged with child neglect.

You get a slight reprieve when they go to school but some asshole decided that school should get out a couple of hours before work does so you get fucked anyway. Then they become adolescents and even though they understand the needs of others they no longer give a fuck. Even though they are intentionally being assholes because they want independence, you cannot give them that independence by letting them leave or you get charged with child endangerment.

You ask 90% of the people that have kids and they will always tell you that kids are great. Ask them if they want another one and its pretty much a universal no.

WIth that attitude I can tell how it can be hard on you.

WIth mine it isn't

BadOdor
09-11-2010, 02:15 AM
Congratz man.

How old were some of you when you had your first kid? I honestly can't see having my own before I'm 30....

FuzzyLumpkins
09-11-2010, 02:40 AM
WIth that attitude I can tell how it can be hard on you.

WIth mine it isn't

I do not have a kid and I was being melodramatic.

sonic21
09-11-2010, 04:50 AM
congrats man!!

rmt
09-11-2010, 05:13 AM
Congrats.

Oh, I think it's very hard work - especially when one of them has health problems. Can't believe I have one in high school, one in middle and one in elementary. The oldest went off to school for the first time 2 weeks ago (I home school) and I felt bereft (so used to having her around) :depressed

Congratulations! There's nothing like having kids - changes your life so much more than getting married.

sonic21
09-11-2010, 05:15 AM
and yes it's difficult, my daughter is 7 months old and it was hard the first couple of months.

Darrin
09-11-2010, 08:26 AM
http://www.crwflags.com/art/miscflags/itsagirlstork.gif
Congratulations!

DrSteffo
09-11-2010, 08:51 AM
Congratulations!

PublicOption
09-11-2010, 09:39 AM
What does Kenzie mean?

lil'mo
09-11-2010, 10:22 AM
Lol y'all are killing me

Texas_Ranger
09-11-2010, 10:29 AM
Congrats!!

Avitus1
09-11-2010, 10:44 AM
Congrats man... little girls are great.

Trill Clinton
09-11-2010, 10:56 AM
Just waking up in the morning gotta thank GOD....

Congratulations brutalis, I wish you and the mother the best. Maybe Tim and Kori will throw an ST baby shower for you.

Spursmania
09-11-2010, 11:15 AM
Congrats!:toast

lurker23
09-11-2010, 11:17 AM
Congratulations!

Brutalis
09-11-2010, 11:27 AM
Thanks guys. I am 25 to answer the question above.

I dealt with kids before, friends kids, kids in the family.. but I'm sure I'm in for a wild experience.

Hopefully she takes after her mom. If she takes after me she'll be tall, blonde, and blue-eyed. Which means I will have to keep my guns clean.

lil'mo
09-11-2010, 12:38 PM
So her mom is ugly?

DesignatedT
09-11-2010, 01:03 PM
:lol

SenorSpur
09-11-2010, 01:04 PM
Warmest Congrats, man!

Get lots of rest now!

easy7
09-11-2010, 07:29 PM
Congrats and enjoy those getting up in the middle of the night and having to get up early to go to work days... :toast

spurs10
09-11-2010, 09:48 PM
Congratulations! It will be the best thing to ever happen to you and your wife.

lefty
09-11-2010, 10:32 PM
PM me her phone number 18 years from now

jmard5
09-11-2010, 10:36 PM

Congrats man. My baby girl was born November 9 last year. My first baby too.

Enjoy fatherhood. Cheers! :toast

xamila rey
09-12-2010, 07:19 PM
Congrats!!
I am myself going to be a mom next April.
The feeling is unbelievable..Best wishes for you and your family :)

SouthTexasRancher
09-12-2010, 09:38 PM

Congrats, Brutalis...! :toast

Timmy won't mind coming in 2nd place...as long as it ain't on the bball court.

SequSpur
09-12-2010, 10:02 PM
congrats! that's awesome...

Ace
09-12-2010, 10:07 PM
Congrats man

GSH
09-13-2010, 08:38 AM
Congratulations. I've put together a few parenting tips that will help you out over the next 18 years:

1. Start now putting locks on your cabinets, and moving breakable things up to high shelves. It won't help, but at least you can feel superior because you don't have to use a chair to reach things.

2. Even if you can't hear her, she's still breathing. But just in case, get up and check anyway.

3. Tweezers are an amazingly good match for electrical plugs. Strangely, they are also a perfect tool for removing the plastic safety covers that you install on electrical plugs. Sleep well.

4. Have the words "I don't know" tattooed on your forearm. Studies show that almost 80% of the questions you will ask your child can be avoided by simply glancing at your arm. Note: getting your child tattooed may be even more effective, but it is considered child abuse in every state except Arkansas and California.

5. Does your wife love shoes? If yes, don't let her talk to your daughter until she is leaving for college. This will require a lot more work on your part, but it will more than pay for itself.

6. If you find yourself in need of a tool or a flashlight, just drive to Home Depot and buy a new one. The other ones are gone, and you'll only make yourself crazy looking for them. Don't bother asking where they are. (See #4 above) Some people believe that they will reappear when the kids finally go off to college. Those people are wrong.

7. Invest in a high-quality electric pencil sharpener. Make sure it can be opened to clear out pieces of crayon, felt tip markers, asparagus, etc. Get the titanium blade that can withstand contact with most screwdrivers. (See #6 above)

8. Find directions for a good science fair project online. Put the project together now, so that it will be ready when they need it. Have your child turn in the same project every year until they graduate. Be prepared to change schools every year if necessary, even if it means moving. It will save you time in the long run.

9. Never, ever look under the couch cushions.

10. The number of hugs you get when they are in high school will be directly proportional to the number you give when they are small. Never miss an opportunity.

ata
09-13-2010, 08:57 AM
Congrats to your wife and postman.

cantthinkofanything
09-13-2010, 08:57 AM
Congrats. These next years are going to fly by. Enjoy every second. Take lots of pics, lots of video. And as strange as it sounds, take lots of audio recordings.

hater
09-13-2010, 10:12 AM
best time to have a kid is when season about to start and summer is over

lefty
09-13-2010, 11:06 AM
I swear I have nothing to do with your wife's pregnancy

DDS4
09-13-2010, 06:01 PM
Congrats! That's my son's birthday too. Veteran's Day.

angelbelow
09-13-2010, 07:44 PM
congrats bro!

Brazil
09-13-2010, 08:15 PM

thats a solid one liner, congrats lefty ! :lol

Blackjack
09-13-2010, 08:34 PM

KSP, eh? Sounds important or famous. I like it. :tu

Congrats, Brutalis. All the best to you, momma and the little one on the way. :toast

Get some sleep. :sleep

DPG21920
09-13-2010, 08:43 PM

Lefty, Lefty, Lefty

Ed Helicopter Jones
09-14-2010, 06:31 PM
Being a dad is the best thing you'll ever experience....congrats!

AlleyOopNazi
09-15-2010, 02:44 PM
SGtWssdauME
For real tho, congrats