PDA

View Full Version : Happy Neo-Con Christmas!

21_Dickings
09-10-2010, 11:01 PM
9-11. Neo-con Christmas. I call it such because that day could conceivably be considered a new birth of sorts for the Neo Conservative movement. The tragedy that took place on 9-11-01 gave them the excuse they were always looking for to invade the middle east full stop and spread democracy the only way Neo-Cons know how, at the barrel of a gun. Not to mention all the returns they enjoyed from investments in KBR, Lockheed, Northrop Grumman, and the like.

So to you I say, "Happy Neo-Con Christmas!"

SnakeBoy
09-10-2010, 11:56 PM
spread democracy the only way Neo-Cons know how, at the barrel of a gun.

Yeah it sucks what Obama is doing. Damn neocons!

Nbadan
09-11-2010, 01:55 AM
The Neo-con birthday should be Friday, November 22, 1963....that is the real day the U.S. government was co-opted....

Winehole23
09-11-2010, 05:41 AM
JFK was a Cold War lib par excellence. What else is a neocon but a warmed over Cold War liberal spoiling for a new fight after the demise of Communism?

redzero
09-11-2010, 05:52 AM
and spread democracy the only way Neo-Cons know how, at the barrel of a gun.

I don't think that saying "please" would be enough in this situation.

Winehole23
09-11-2010, 05:54 AM
Force it on em. Yeah, that'll work.

redzero
09-11-2010, 05:55 AM
Force it on em. Yeah, that'll work.

No, that didn't work that well either.

Winehole23
09-11-2010, 05:56 AM
(I should have blued it.)

Winehole23
09-11-2010, 06:52 AM
Yeah it sucks what Obama is doing. Damn neocons!It does suck. Obama is a neocon. Or at least, not easily distinguishable from one.

Darrin
09-11-2010, 07:58 AM
The Neo-con birthday should be Friday, November 22, 1963....that is the real day the U.S. government was co-opted....

Neocons were on the grassy knoll FTW!

Marcus Bryant
09-11-2010, 09:26 AM
JFK was a Cold War lib par excellence. What else is a neocon but a warmed over Cold War liberal spoiling for a new fight after the demise of Communism?

:tu

boutons_deux
09-11-2010, 09:53 AM
Which famous neo-c*nts, eg PNACers, were Cold War liberals?

Wild Cobra
09-11-2010, 09:57 AM
9-11. Neo-con Christmas. I call it such because that day could conceivably be considered a new birth of sorts for the Neo Conservative movement. The tragedy that took place on 9-11-01 gave them the excuse they were always looking for to invade the middle east full stop and spread democracy the only way Neo-Cons know how, at the barrel of a gun. Not to mention all the returns they enjoyed from investments in KBR, Lockheed, Northrop Grumman, and the like.

My God.

You're a total fucking idiot.

Stringer_Bell
09-11-2010, 10:52 AM
My God.

You're a total fucking idiot.

I agree w/ you without the need to call people idiots - the war operations in the Middle East had NOTHING to do with spreading democracy (much less at gun point). What a load of poop.

boutons_deux
09-11-2010, 11:30 AM
WC, eloquent and convincing as ever.

Winehole23
09-11-2010, 01:33 PM
Which famous neo-c*nts...were Cold War liberals?Irving Kristol-->William Kristol.

It's pretty much a straight line from anti-communist Dems to PNAC. You should read up on neo-conservatism sometime rather than just using it as a pejorative.

Bender
09-11-2010, 01:49 PM
WC, eloquent and convincing as ever.
boy, talk about the pot calling the kettle black...

Winehole23
09-11-2010, 01:52 PM
@b_d:

Feith, Perle and Wolfowitz all worked for Scoop Jackson.

Winehole23
09-11-2010, 01:53 PM
Ronald Reagan singled out Harry S Truman as the president he most admired.

midnightpulp
09-11-2010, 03:16 PM
Irving Kristol-->William Kristol.

It's pretty much a straight line from anti-communist Dems to PNAC. You should read up on neo-conservatism sometime rather than just using it as a pejorative.

Yep. The founders of the neo-conservative movement were disaffected Trotskyties, as well as Jews who vowed to themselves to never let another Hitler come into existence. The US's role in curtailing Hilter's plans of world domination set a precedent of US military intervention in matters where an anti-semitic Dictator with genocidal ambitions could potentially rise to power. It's why they're so obsessed with the Middle East and the whole Muslim/Jewish conflict.

Quote Irving Kristol:

"Senator McGovern is very sincere when he says that he will try to cut the military budget by 30%. And this is to drive a knife in the heart of Israel... Jews don't like big military budgets. But it is now an interest of the Jews to have a large and powerful military establishment in the United States... American Jews who care about the survival of the state of Israel have to say, no, we don't want to cut the military budget, it is important to keep that military budget big, so that we can defend Israel."

Neo-conservatives, realistically, are more driven by corporate interest and idealism (a dangerous one at that) than geo-political intent (although they don't mind a little bit of war profiteering on the side). They see "Democracy" as something that can shape the region into a corporate Disneyland of Walmarts, McDonalds, and smiling Coca-Cola drinking citizens, rendering a once formidable threat harmless. They also have a kind of "White Man's Burden" mentality in thinking they have to civilize "uncivilized" Islamic nations.

You could say they're well meaning, but where they go wrong is thinking that it's the US Government's job to spread democracy via military might.

Nbadan
09-12-2010, 01:09 AM
It does suck. Obama is a neocon. Or at least, not easily distinguishable from one.

Obama isn't trying to spread democracy with the barrel of a gun....in fact he wants out of Afghanistan by July 2011...if Obama was the Neo-con you say he is then we would be in Iran by now...

Nbadan
09-12-2010, 01:12 AM
Ronald Reagan singled out Harry S Truman as the president he most admired.

Reagan was not a Neo-con

Nbadan
09-12-2010, 01:15 AM

are you high? JFK was not looking to get into another satellite war with the Soviet Union...he was doing everything to avoid it....

Nbadan
09-12-2010, 02:14 AM
Comparing modern-day Neo-Cons to traditional neo-liberalism is like Southern Democrats calling themselves the Party of Lincoln...

Winehole23
09-12-2010, 03:36 AM
Obama isn't trying to spread democracy with the barrel of a gun....in fact he wants out of Afghanistan by July 2011...if Obama was the Neo-con you say he is then we would be in Iran by now...Sanctions regimes are the kindergarten (http://www.wordnik.com/words/kindergarten) of war. We'll see about Iran, as well as Obama's promise to "leave" Iraq.

Winehole23
09-12-2010, 03:38 AM
Obama isn't trying to spread democracy with the barrel of a gun...As long as we occupy Afghanistan and Iraq, you're technically wrong about that.

Winehole23
09-12-2010, 03:41 AM
are you high? JFK was not looking to get into another satellite war with the Soviet Union...he was doing everything to avoid it....By raiding Cuba and escalating the war in Vietnam, for example?

Winehole23
09-12-2010, 03:41 AM
Are we talking about the same JFK?

Nbadan
09-12-2010, 03:20 PM
Sanctions regimes are the kindergarten (http://www.wordnik.com/words/kindergarten) of war. We'll see about Iran, as well as Obama's promise to "leave" Iraq.

We've sanctioned many countries without invading or bombing them. You can't equate that with the Bush administrations proactive behavior leading to the invasion of Iraq...

Nbadan
09-12-2010, 03:21 PM
By raiding Cuba and escalating the war in Vietnam, for example?

JFK wanted nothing to do with the Bay of Pigs, that was Bush41 and CIA

Nbadan
09-12-2010, 03:23 PM
As far as Vietnam, there is plenty of evidence that JFK was leery of sending advisers to Vietnam and before he was murdered may have reached a secret agreement with the Soviets to avoid another Korea ....which was quietly retracted by LBJ and the American military industrial complex that LBJ later warned us about and Nixon feared...

Wild Cobra
09-12-2010, 06:29 PM
JFK wanted nothing to do with the Bay of Pigs, that was Bush41 and CIA
Please explain how Bush 41 had anything to do with that. I suggest you look at activities vs. time.

DMX7
09-12-2010, 06:41 PM
You mean the MIC runs this country? Shocking!

Parker2112
09-12-2010, 09:09 PM
Please explain how Bush 41 had anything to do with that. I suggest you look at activities vs. time.

Bush was rewarded with the top spot in the CIA afterward. Photos put him in Dallas the day of. Do some homework.

Wild Cobra
09-13-2010, 01:11 PM
Bush was rewarded with the top spot in the CIA afterward. Photos put him in Dallas the day of. Do some homework.
Coincidence. Which photo, what day? You ever think maybe he simply earned that position. You mean the ones with him and Eisenhower, who the bay of Pigs plan originated under?

4/17/61...

Let me get this strait. You're saying that three presidents and 15 years later, he is given the CIA spot? Get real. I see the twoofer sites claiming he was involved in the Kennedy assassination. Wow.. 7you really believe that one too?

Hey... I have a bridge to sell cheap. It goes nowhere. Interested?

So fucking what. He was a minor player at nothing then. He wasn't a state representative until 1967 in the 7th district outside of Houston. From 1951 to 1964, he was a key investor of Zapata Oil. It had an offshoot called Zapata Off-Shore Company of which Bush was president of. He moved it to Houston in 1959, and it later became Penzoil.

Rumor control from you conspiracy theorists have it as a CIA connection. I guess for you libtards who drink the Kook-Ade, it makes sense. Now his father, Prescott, was elected to the senate in 1952 and served till 1963.

DarrinS
09-13-2010, 01:23 PM

very original

LnGrrrR
09-13-2010, 02:19 PM
Hey... I have a bridge to sell cheap. It goes nowhere. Interested?

Sarah Palin is! Ba-dum-CH!

SnakeBoy
09-13-2010, 02:44 PM
Reagan was less of a neocon than JFK.

ChumpDumper
09-13-2010, 02:46 PM
Reagan was less of a neocon than JFK.True. When faced with Islamic terra, Reagan cut and ran.

Winehole23
09-13-2010, 02:50 PM
Not that there's necessarily anything wrong with that. There wasn't a vital US interest at play in Lebanon's civil war.

ChumpDumper
09-13-2010, 02:51 PM
Not that there's necessarily anything wrong with that. There wasn't a vital US interest at play in Lebanon's civil war.He emboldened the terraists! I bet they built a mosque a couple of blocks away!

SnakeBoy
09-13-2010, 02:54 PM
True. When faced with Islamic terra, Reagan cut and ran.

True. It was the smart thing to do.

ChumpDumper
09-13-2010, 02:55 PM
True. It was the smart thing to do.They celebrated in the streets! Reagan was a secret Muslim!

http://www.globalresearch.ca/articlePictures/reaganandmujahideen1.jpg

SnakeBoy
09-13-2010, 02:59 PM
They celebrated in the streets! Reagan was a secret Muslim!

Are you trying to bait me or trying to bait Darrin, Jack, etc.?

SnakeBoy
09-13-2010, 03:01 PM
I'm on record stating that Obama is the antichrist therefore I have never called him a muslim because the antichrist would never be a secret muslim.

ChumpDumper
09-13-2010, 03:05 PM
I'm on record stating that Obama is the antichristGood for you. :toast

SnakeBoy
09-13-2010, 03:11 PM
Good for you. :toast

It's more fun than "ooooh he's a scary muslim."

ChumpDumper
09-13-2010, 10:09 PM
"ooooh he's a scary antichrist."

LnGrrrR
09-13-2010, 10:14 PM
Whatever happened to the commie charge? I'm partial to that one. Obama! The Muslim, Antichrist, Commie (who's not even really an American)!