PDA

View Full Version : bipolar 1

Pages : [1] 2

bigzak25
09-11-2010, 03:26 PM
to medicate, or not to medicate...that is the question.

if i don't medicate, then i must exercise extreme self control, which i have been unable to do in the past.

if i do medicate, then i feel uncomfortable in my own skin. very eerie feeling.

last resort is pot which i know would get many votes on this site, but is not an option as i don't want to be a bad example for my son and i need to get a jobby job.

so what say you spurstalkers? :wakeup

tlongII
09-11-2010, 03:37 PM
Take your meds Zak.

silverblk mystix
09-11-2010, 03:41 PM
just pray

doesn't that fix everything?

kidding ok-step off of the ledge

bigzak25
09-11-2010, 03:41 PM
Take your meds Zak.

yeah, that's what they all say mr. long.

but it's like me telling you to settle down and get married.

jcrod
09-11-2010, 03:48 PM
Do the meds till you get a job, then switch to pot if they don't do periodic testing.

bigzak25
09-11-2010, 03:50 PM
i think i've made my decision...

no meds...no pot. God Bless you guys and dolls. Me too hopefully. :tu

ILWSp0m9G2U

Ace
09-11-2010, 03:51 PM
Just remember he is out to get you and they're all watching...

AnthonyM
09-11-2010, 04:14 PM
You made a decision in 30 minutes?

CubanSucks
09-11-2010, 04:26 PM
My sister was bipolar and came after me with a big piece of broken glass once. Fun childhood. 2 teenage sisters, one is bipolar, the other a whorish bitch. And little ol elementary school version of me had to deal with them. If you can't exercise self control and you have kids I don't see how you can't medicate.

Summers
09-11-2010, 04:30 PM
Zak, if the meds made you feel badly, then the meds need to be adjusted. Psych drugs need to be continually monitored and tweaked until you get a dosage that works for you. If you had an abcess, you'd go to a dentist. If you're crazy (and I mean that with all due respect--my best friend is bipolar), then you need a psychiatrist and drugs.

4>0rings
09-11-2010, 05:06 PM
Do coke.

ChuckD
09-11-2010, 05:09 PM
i think i've made my decision...

no meds...no pot. God Bless you guys and dolls. Me too hopefully. :tu

You're an idiot. You know very well what's going to eventually happen, because it always does. Some day, because of this choice, your wife will take the kids and leave.

bigzak25
09-11-2010, 05:15 PM
thanks Summers,

i became obsessed with something i thought was impossible to be too obsessed with, which was Jesus.

i really believed myself to be the son of man for a while there...

i want to do the right thing, so i'll keep on meds and try to get them adjusted as needed while also seeing a shrink.

and chuck D, if you can't contribute nicely, just go away. :tu

tlongII
09-11-2010, 05:19 PM
What the heck is "the son of man"?

ChuckD
09-11-2010, 05:21 PM
thanks Summers,

i became obsessed with something i thought was impossible to be too obsessed with, which was Jesus.

i really believed myself to be the son of man for a while there...

i want to do the right thing, so i'll keep on meds and try to get them adjusted as needed while also seeing a shrink.

and chuck D, if you can't contribute nicely, just go away. :tu

You're an addict, zack, addicted to your manic phase. That's why you loathe the meds. They take that away from you. Being nice to an addict doesn't accomplish dick. Addicts sacrifice everything to feed their monkey, including their families.

bigzak25
09-11-2010, 05:44 PM
You're an addict, zack, addicted to your manic phase. That's why you loathe the meds. They take that away from you. Being nice to an addict doesn't accomplish dick. Addicts sacrifice everything to feed their monkey, including their families.

that's much better man, and I agree with you to an extent.

it is addicting, kinda like the black spiderman suit.

i do loathe the meds, but no so much the meds, as much as they way they make me feel right now. like i'm in some sort of candy coated shell...cue the fat m&m jokes...:lol

i won't sacrifice my family though. thanks for being constructive in your post though man. :tu

Ginobilly
09-11-2010, 06:12 PM
Just smoke a muhfuckin blunt bigZak and your bipolar will go bye bye!:hat At least for a while.:hat

ashbeeigh
09-11-2010, 06:40 PM
I agree with Summers. And there comes a time when some meds don't work anymore. Whether it is upping them or even changing them it needs to be done.

I'm not a proponent of over medication by any means, but if you are nonfunctioning then you need to be on medication, no if ands or buts about it.

Sense
09-11-2010, 07:53 PM
I don't understand how smoking pot makes you a bad example for your son... I mean sure the job things kind of a problem there but, I'm sure you can smoke it once you get a job... Everyone else does.

Pot is not bad.

phxspurfan
09-11-2010, 07:55 PM
None of the above. Don't be addicted to anything but making positive decisions about your life.

ashbeeigh
09-11-2010, 08:13 PM
None of the above. Don't be addicted to anything but making positive decisions about your life.

I don't know your background (history with mental illness) but that's the type of answer that is easier said than done. If someone with any type of diagnosis, ranging from bipolar I or II generalized anxiety disorder or any other, they would love to be in that type of place.

thispego
09-11-2010, 08:24 PM
Stop being lazy bigzak. You don't have to smoke pot or take meds, you do, however, have to get off your fat ass and stop doing nothing. Your mind takes over when your body is idle. Start slow, but you need a lifestyle change, not just a diet, a whole new way of life. One thing that sucks... It's not easy, but it's the best thing you can do for yourself and to be a good role model for your son and whatnot

phxspurfan
09-11-2010, 08:38 PM
I don't know your background (history with mental illness) but that's the type of answer that is easier said than done. If someone with any type of diagnosis, ranging from bipolar I or II generalized anxiety disorder or any other, they would love to be in that type of place.

It's pretty simple to me. Beat addictions by journaling what bad habits you have, what limiting beliefs you have that fuel them (cause and effect), learn to slow down the process every day by watching how you make decisions and circumventing the process with healthier new habits. Then make enough courageous decisions so that the new habit becomes natural and keep improving your lifestyle.

Of course it's easier said than done but that doesn't mean it's not feasible and not worth trying... I'd say it a whole lot better effort with your life than resigning to it and saying f it I'm gonna go do pot or some other addiction to escape reality.

phxspurfan
09-11-2010, 08:49 PM
Oh btw I have had anxiety and panic attacks diagnosed by a professional therapist. All I got in my sessions was a handout that explained how panic attacks happen and the ability to talk it through with the therapist.

No drugs because my insurance didn't want to pay for it. It turns out I didn't need them (or alcohol or anything else) anyway as I kept working on myself (visualization, eating right, realizing the trigger to my panic attack was one event and not a cycle of things). Over time the disorder lost it's grip over me and I took back control of my life. But it's definitely a constant thing that I have to remind myself of so I keep control over my emotions and use NLP and other techniques to change my default reactions to positive ones.

thispego
09-11-2010, 08:56 PM
It's pretty simple to me. Beat addictions by journaling what bad habits you have, what limiting beliefs you have that fuel them (cause and effect), learn to slow down the process every day by watching how you make decisions and circumventing the process with healthier new habits. Then make enough courageous decisions so that the new habit becomes natural and keep improving your lifestyle.

Of course it's easier said than done but that doesn't mean it's not feasible and not worth trying... I'd say it a whole lot better effort with your life than resigning to it and saying f it I'm gonna go do pot or some other addiction to escape reality.

Understand that you're talking to lazy fatsos that have more excuses than they do reasons for improving themselves. It takes some people longer to get their priotrities straightened out, sometimes they never do.

thispego
09-11-2010, 08:58 PM

Everything is easier said than done, ashbeigh :rolleyes Everything.

ashbeeigh
09-11-2010, 09:03 PM

Of course it's easier said than done but that doesn't mean it's not feasible and not worth trying... I'd say it a whole lot better effort with your life than resigning to it and saying f it I'm gonna go do pot or some other addiction to escape reality

Oh btw I have had anxiety and panic attacks diagnosed by a professional therapist. All I got in my sessions was a handout that explained how panic attacks happen and the ability to talk it through with the therapist.

No drugs because my insurance didn't want to pay for it. It turns out I didn't need them (or alcohol or anything else) anyway as I kept working on myself (visualization, eating right, realizing the trigger to my panic attack was one event and not a cycle of things). Over time the disorder lost it's grip over me and I took back control of my life. But it's definitely a constant thing that I have to remind myself of so I keep control over my emotions and use NLP and other techniques to change my default reactions to positive ones.

I applaud your ability to overcome your issues. The ways you dealt with them is commendable and viable. I'd recommend those types, specifically the bolded ones to bigzax. I also understand the insurance side of it. Medicine is soo expensive.And sometimes it isn't accessible. So, finding those other ways to deal with it is imperative.

Mental health is a trial and error science. If one thing doesn't work, like journaling or visualization maybe something else will for bigzax. In addition to monthly medical monitoring I think some type of therapy is a good idea. Everyone needs a bit of therapy every now and then.

BadOdor
09-11-2010, 09:07 PM
Stop being crazy.

STOP IT I SAID!

benefactor
09-11-2010, 09:08 PM
Zak just trolling the ST posters he's supposed to troll.

BadOdor
09-11-2010, 09:10 PM
Zak just trolling the ST posters he's supposed to troll.

Zak dancing naked in the streets of Dublin and stealing his company's laptop = greatest troll job in history.

benefactor
09-11-2010, 09:20 PM
In all seriousness...Bipolar disorder is not the same as any regular anxiety disorder that you can use cognitive therapy to work through. Most true bipolars cannot just make a manic episode go away and they are often unpredictable.

The Reckoning
09-11-2010, 09:25 PM
Everything is easier said than done, ashbeigh :rolleyes Everything.

yeah right she watches lifetime

BadOdor
09-11-2010, 09:28 PM
In all seriousness...Bipolar disorder is not the same as any regular anxiety disorder that you can use cognitive therapy to work through. Most true bipolars cannot just make a manic episode go away and they are often unpredictable.

You saying one day we will wake up to read about zak murdering and eating his family?

thispego
09-11-2010, 09:30 PM

naaaaaaturally :lol

benefactor
09-11-2010, 09:30 PM
You saying one day we will wake up to read about zak murdering and eating his family?
Probably not as he is trolling. Bipolars usually don't do that anyway. That's closer to schizophrenia...and I've met many that have either done it or attempted to do it.

BadOdor
09-11-2010, 09:31 PM
Probably not as he is trolling. Bipolars usually don't do that anyway. That's closer to schizophrenia...and I've met many that have either done it or attempted to do it.

You've met "many" schizophrenics who tried to kill and eat their families?

I somehow doubt that.

ashbeeigh
09-11-2010, 09:33 PM

Yeah. I learned all that from lifetime. :rolleyes

thispego
09-11-2010, 09:33 PM

you know zak is NOT trolling right? dis shit is real

benefactor
09-11-2010, 09:36 PM
You've met "many" schizophrenics who tried to kill and eat their families?

I somehow doubt that.
Kill them, yes. Eat them, no.

benefactor
09-11-2010, 09:38 PM
you know zak is NOT trolling right? dis shit is real
Just like his strange belief system, right? If he is for real he is in the wrong place for advice about such a thing and he knows that...therefore he is trolling.

thispego
09-11-2010, 09:41 PM
Just like his strange belief system, right? If he is for real he is in the wrong place for advice about such a thing and he knows that...therefore he is trolling.

dude he's fucked up in the head, why does anything he does have to make sense? :downspin: he's looking for advice here amongst other places, he's also narcissistic because he wants everyone to know his business

Cry Havoc
09-11-2010, 10:18 PM
Bikzak, as someone with clinical experience, I urge you to reconsider not taking your meds.

A state of mania can do a lot more than just put tension on your social relationships. It can drive you to make serious life-altering decisions on a whim, things that you regret and wish you could take back for the rest of your life.

There should be a balance you can strike between taking your meds so that you don't feel like a zombie but where they are still allowing you a modicum of control.

tlongII
09-11-2010, 10:29 PM

Oh he's for real all right. Believe me, he's not trolling.

tlongII
09-11-2010, 10:31 PM
I think Zak is a good guy. He just needs to find a medication that will work for him. I believe medication is a necessity for people with serious bipolar issues.

Kori Ellis
09-11-2010, 10:46 PM
I think Zak is a good guy. He just needs to find a medication that will work for him. I believe medication is a necessity for people with serious bipolar issues.

I agree with this.

A lot of psychological issues are over-medicated and over-diagnosed these days (ADHD/anxiety disorders/SAD/depression, etc). But if you are truly bipolar (which I believe is rare, but I believe is the case with Zak), then you need meds to get balanced.

benefactor
09-11-2010, 11:16 PM
Bikzak, as someone with clinical experience, I urge you to reconsider not taking your meds.

A state of mania can do a lot more than just put tension on your social relationships. It can drive you to make serious life-altering decisions on a whim, things that you regret and wish you could take back for the rest of your life.

There should be a balance you can strike between taking your meds so that you don't feel like a zombie but where they are still allowing you a modicum of control.
I work in a psych facility also. Best advice yet if he truly is not trolling.

PuttPutt
09-12-2010, 12:04 AM
Stop being lazy bigzak. You don't have to smoke pot or take meds, you do, however, have to get off your fat ass and stop doing nothing. Your mind takes over when your body is idle. Start slow, but you need a lifestyle change, not just a diet, a whole new way of life. One thing that sucks... It's not easy, but it's the best thing you can do for yourself and to be a good role model for your son and whatnot

This is good advice. It has worked for me. I was diagnosed bipolar 1 too. Been on & off meds for 16 years. Been off of them for 4 years. I have used as much self control as possible, but keeping busy has helped a lot. I have invested more time with my 2 kids & that's difficult living in a rural area Not many places to take them). Now I need to work on exercise. We changed our foods & have eaten more healthy (veggies & lower fat foods). This has made me feel better too. And talking to a shrink helps too. I haven't been to one in many months, but been doing good.

But then sometime you just may need meds. But my shrink & family doctor both agree that I don't need the meds.

I wish the best Bigzak.

TinTin
09-12-2010, 02:07 AM
What about straitjacket?

Darrin
09-12-2010, 04:06 AM

Medicate.

if i don't medicate, then i must exercise extreme self control, which i have been unable to do in the past.

I have tried it this way and it didn't work out too well. Look, if you can wish away this disorder, then you don't have it. It is more likely that you feel okay and that can lead to not taking your medication, but it won't last and it's like a cancer patient discontinuing treatment because they feel "alright."

I suffer from Bipolar II and find it difficult to feel the full effect of anything when I am on a mood stabilizer. I sympathize, but I still take my meds every day at 7AM.

last resort is pot which i know would get many votes on this site, but is not an option as i don't want to be a bad example for my son and i need to get a jobby job.

Don't do this. It's just self-medicating. Your son should know that when he faces a challenge, no matter how life-long or daunting, that he must do everything in his power to conquer it. You can tell him that one day. Set the example. It's the best thing for you and for him.

bigzak25
09-12-2010, 07:40 AM
alot of good advice in this thread, and i thank you all very much in all seriousness.

i see a doctor on the 24th for further discussion regarding medications, but until then i am on sabbatical as of last night and i can say, that as of this am, i feel much better.

i haven't needed meds for 35 years, and i might not live to see too many more, but I gotta be me, as God made me. i'm learning lessons as I go and I feel I can control this disease. I may be wrong, i may stumble, but I refuse to stay down.

my family will always come first to me, but I can't operate with the meds...at least not at the dosage that was proscribed.

alright, that's all for now folks!

Cry Havoc
09-12-2010, 09:01 AM
but I gotta be me, as God made me.

Maybe God made you bipolar so that you would be reminded that you're flawed like everyone else and that you occasionally need help from Him or other people?

If what you're saying is true, then no one should need meds, because everyone is how God made them. But we know that isn't the case.

thispego
09-12-2010, 10:00 AM
but until then i am on sabbatical

stop being lazy, zak

boutons_deux
09-12-2010, 10:31 AM
All meds have side effects, even marijuana (somewhat incapacitating, although habitual stoners learn how to function).

BigPharma makes and markets aggressively a lot of nasty, expensive shit that often does more harm than good (ask The Coyote), esp the anti-psychotic shit they are now pushing even to kids and babies, only reduces symptoms, doesn't cure, so you limp along leaning on impoverishing, demeaning, esteem-destroying chemical crutches forever (enriching your docs and BigPharma, which is the name of their game), and at best does nothing.

IIRC from GTG pics, B-I-G-Zak is morbidly obese (some example to your kids, huh?), which means, without exception, that the biochemistry and metabolism are screwed up. And wasn't it BZ who lost an appendage to diabetic gangrene? Next up is kidney damage, ED, CVD, if not already present.

I wouldn't be surprised that his mental health problems would become less intrusive and even disappear if he fixed his physical health problems .

Lose 100 pounds, quit eating crap (most MX food is as unhealthy as any fast/junk food), quit eating processed foods (almost the entire grocery store, and ALL of the convenience store), abandon the pathogenic Standard American Diet.

There are many healthy approaches and programs. My daughter, who doesn't need it, has started the CrossFit program of nutritional reform (essentially caveman/paleo nutrition) and strenuous exercise. Google shows 7 crossfit locations in SA.

BZ probably needs the structure and commitment of group plan and scheduled program, sort of like a Fatties Anonymous, and full support of his wife (who can be a huge impediment if she's also physically unhealthy).

One of major weaknesses of Christianity is that it's concentrated "all in the head", with absolutely no attention to, even disregard for, physical health of The Temple of the Holy Ghost, never mentioning the nervous system which is the basis of humanity. Typical Western/industrial schizophrenia. So there's no guidance from that direction. If you think you're gonna pray and Bible-thump your way to health, you're wasting your time.

ashbeeigh
09-12-2010, 10:36 AM
i see a doctor on the 24th for further discussion regarding medications, but until then i am on sabbatical as of last night and i can say, that as of this am, i feel much better.

Just wait a few days when you start feeling crappy because you didn't get off the medication slowly.

thispego
09-12-2010, 10:59 AM
All meds have side effects, even marijuana (somewhat incapacitating, although habitual stoners learn how to function).

BigPharma makes and markets aggressively a lot of nasty, expensive shit that often does more harm than good (ask The Coyote), esp the anti-psychotic shit they are now pushing even to kids and babies, only reduces symptoms, doesn't cure, so you limp along leaning on impoverishing, demeaning, esteem-destroying chemical crutches forever (enriching your docs and BigPharma, which is the name of their game), and at best does nothing.

IIRC from GTG pics, B-I-G-Zak is morbidly obese (some example to your kids, huh?), which means, without exception, that the biochemistry and metabolism are screwed up. And wasn't it BZ who lost an appendage to diabetic gangrene? Next up is kidney damage, ED, CVD, if not already present.

I wouldn't be surprised that his mental health problems would become less intrusive and even disappear if he fixed his physical health problems .

Lose 100 pounds, quit eating crap (most MX food is as unhealthy as any fast/junk food), quit eating processed foods (almost the entire grocery store, and ALL of the convenience store), abandon the pathogenic Standard American Diet.

There are many healthy approaches and programs. My daughter, who doesn't need it, has started the CrossFit program of nutritional reform (essentially caveman/paleo nutrition) and strenuous exercise. Google shows 7 crossfit locations in SA.

BZ probably needs the structure and commitment of group plan and scheduled program, sort of like a Fatties Anonymous, and full support of his wife (who can be a huge impediment if she's also physically unhealthy).

One of major weaknesses of Christianity is that it's concentrated "all in the head", with absolutely no attention to, even disregard for, physical health of The Temple of the Holy Ghost, never mentioning the nervous system which is the basis of humanity. Typical Western/industrial schizophrenia. So there's no guidance from that direction. If you think you're gonna pray and Bible-thump your way to health, you're wasting your time.

Croutons! Tossin knowledge around. I agree with everything you said 100%. unfortunately, though, unhealthy people don't want to hear any of it

CosmicCowboy
09-12-2010, 11:09 AM
So is the BigZak Flashdance video still on?

tlongII
09-12-2010, 11:09 AM
Chalupa is the one that lost his big toe to diabetic gangrene, not Zak.

ChuckD
09-12-2010, 11:58 AM
So is the BigZak Flashdance video still on?

Probably. He's not taking meds, so that will probably make sense to him.

You're an idiot, zak. You've proven repeatedly that you can't do this. I'd also classify you as insane at this point, the definition of insanity being taking the same action over and over, but expecting different results.

Take the meds. Feeling like crap on them may be God's price for keeping your family. You sure aren't doing that off the meds. You will melt down again. I guarantee it. Your wife will also hit a point where she's done with you.

FuzzyLumpkins
09-12-2010, 12:42 PM
Probably. He's not taking meds, so that will probably make sense to him.

You're an idiot, zak. You've proven repeatedly that you can't do this. I'd also classify you as insane at this point, the definition of insanity being taking the same action over and over, but expecting different results.

Take the meds. Feeling like crap on them may be God's price for keeping your family. You sure aren't doing that off the meds. You will melt down again. I guarantee it. Your wife will also hit a point where she's done with you.

Einstein said that definition and it is just flat wrong. Einstein was no more a psychologist than he was a economist. A psychotic episode does not mean repetitive actions necessarily. OCD maybe.

Zach you are going to go through this cycle of trying therapy and giving up on it over and over again and you are going to have the same issues over and over again until you finally accept that you have an issue and need to do something.

If in your manic episodes you are thinking that you are some demigod then that sounds like a psychotic delusion to me. You may be all happy happy joy joy right now but your mania will get worse. You will find yourself becoming disoriented from sleep deprivation and general frenetic activity and you will become mean. If you have a mixed episode and have a true psychotic break then god help your family.

Thats what it really boils down to. If you are going to refuse to even attempt the therapy that your doctors prescribe you then you are worse than a selfish prick.

It takes weeks for the drug levels in your plasma to get to the point where it is effective and it takes a months to really see how you respond to them.

Depakoate, lithium, tegatrol etc are not for everyone but taking them for a a month, thinking you have it all figured out and stopping is stupid. You are not even giving them a legitimate chance. At the very least you need to talk to your doctor about titrating(weening) yourself off of them because this cold turkey shit with psychoactive medication and your mental health condition is irresponsible at best.

You thought you were some prodigal son. That is a borderline psychotic delusion. Its obvious that you are having severe manic episodes and that these episodes are getting worse. That trend is not going to stop.

You yourself admit that you think that you are things you are not during these episodes. You admit that you have no control over them. Can you see how that can be dangerous?

PakiDan
09-12-2010, 01:57 PM
Flashdance Video! Flashdance Video!

The Reckoning
09-12-2010, 02:03 PM
being crazy is fun. haters gonna hate.

i had a friend (disappeared off the face of the planet...no surprise there) who was a really smart guy - near perfect SAT scores, etc. he was manic schizophrenic, so the government actually gave him disability checks to sit in his apartment and play video games all day.

makes me start to wonder about the possibilities....

Chachachango
09-12-2010, 02:04 PM
any help on social phobia?

ChuckD
09-12-2010, 02:41 PM
Einstein said that definition and it is just flat wrong. Einstein was no more a psychologist than he was a economist. A psychotic episode does not mean repetitive actions necessarily. OCD maybe.

I'm not talking about physical actions, I'm talking about him repeatedly deciding that he can just handle this situation. Based on postings here, he's had at least two major meltdowns, and yet he still thinks he can just suck it up and manage this by force of will. That's insanity. He knows where this road leads, and yet he's still setting off on this hopeless journey.

xellos88330
09-12-2010, 03:04 PM
I understand what it is like being on meds. Mine make me feel like I am walking around in a dream. Simple problem solving becomes a pretty big issue at times. I do not like feeling helpless, and sometimes the meds make me feel that way, and I get pretty angry.

I solved my issue by keeping a logbook or mini-journal with me and finding out when I felt the most discomfort at the medications peak effect from the time when I took my medication. I then adjusted the time I take it so I am in bed asleep before the wierd surreal feelings start popping up. I have found it to be working rather well. I feel more like myself rather than Forrest Gump.

thispego
09-12-2010, 06:07 PM
Check out that other thread on the front page of the club, http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=162147. That could be you one day, bigzax! Get help, help yourself.

koriwhat
09-12-2010, 07:02 PM
everyone's bipolar these days... $ speaks louder to psychs than anything else and they're willing to write the prescriptions that bring in the dough. they're willing to write those prescriptions without seriously understanding your problems or giving a damn one way or the other.

i suggest taking some ongos and figuring out in your head what is going on with you and working it out in those 6-8 hrs.

btw, thispego is a complete dickhead in this thread when he def shouldn't be. talk is cheap motherfucker and you're trying too hard to talk big.

thispego
09-12-2010, 07:28 PM
everyone's bipolar these days... $ speaks louder to psychs than anything else and they're willing to write the prescriptions that bring in the dough. they're willing to write those prescriptions without seriously understanding your problems or giving a damn one way or the other.

i suggest taking some ongos and figuring out in your head what is going on with you and working it out in those 6-8 hrs.

btw, thispego is a complete dickhead in this thread when he def shouldn't be. talk is cheap motherfucker and you're trying too hard to talk big.

what the fuck are you talking about you lttle faggot? I'm trying to be helpful, only a naive little twat like you would see it differently. :rolleyes

Ignignokt
09-12-2010, 07:30 PM

talk is cheap, calf tats are pricey.

BadOdor
09-12-2010, 08:50 PM
talk is cheap, calf tats are pricey.

Nothing outside the range of a male secretary bringing in the big money(or t-shirts), imho.

Solid D
09-12-2010, 08:56 PM
Zak, medicate and pray for God to help you feel comfortable in your skin. Prayer is a very good thing!

CuckingFunt
09-12-2010, 10:53 PM
The fact you've asked for The Club for advice in this matter should be all the evidence you need that medication is your best option.

marini martini
09-12-2010, 11:14 PM
I think Zack has a few friends in the Club, that can understand what he's going through. He's smart enough to filter out the trolls & fakers.

Cry Havoc
09-12-2010, 11:45 PM

What the hell are you talking about?

This is rambling nonsense. Have a little education in Psychology before blathering randomly about a subject. Bipolar disorder is a very serious medical condition that more often than not requires treatment, and research has indicated that modern medication can be extremely effective in allowing an individual to regain control of their life where they had none.

You don't know anything about bigzak's psychiatrist, but that doesn't seem to stop you from making assumptions.

phxspurfan
09-13-2010, 12:15 AM
Even though I said something contrary earlier in the thread, I think your condition may be more biological than mine was Zak. I would suggest following the professionals advice (your doctor/therapist). If they prescribe meds it is probably because they give you the best chance to beat the condition as quickly as possible. Meds give you a crutch so the receptors that are overly active in your brain can calm down. That means you can then work on yourself via affirmations, etc. in a state of peace. Then, gradually as the inner work you are doing becomes reality, your meds will become less and less necessary until you can walk on your own, so to speak.

At least that's how the regimens were described to me, right before the insurance told me to go it alone...gotta love insurance.

Ignignokt
09-13-2010, 02:07 AM

This is rambling nonsense. Have a little education in Psychology before blathering randomly about a subject. Bipolar disorder is a very serious medical condition that more often than not requires treatment, and research has indicated that modern medication can be extremely effective in allowing an individual to regain control of their life where they had none.

You don't know anything about bigzak's psychiatrist, but that doesn't seem to stop you from making assumptions.

:tu tbh

oh crap
09-13-2010, 02:11 AM
lmao @ people still losing sleep over zak's mental health or lack thereof. don't understand why anyone gives a shit. dude is bat shit crazy and i promise, i will not lose one second of sleep over it. you're all playin' yourselves.

koriwhat
09-13-2010, 03:49 AM
what the fuck are you talking about you lttle faggot? I'm trying to be helpful, only a naive little twat like you would see it differently. :rolleyes

of all people, you calling me a faggot? hahaha!

it wasn't a bunch of rambling. maybe bigzak's psych is a money hungry prescription writing fool, i mean it's not out of the norm these days. i agree his best bet is to stay medicated but if the medication is making him feel uneasy in his own skin then it might have to do with how much he's taking and what he's taking. maybe the psych hasn't explored every avenue with zak.

if yall could stop being a bunch of dipshits for a minute just because i post a reply then maybe you'd understand what i am getting at. whether or not i explained myself too vaguely is no cause to torch me. ask me simply what i am getting at and i will kindly respond.

Darrin
09-13-2010, 05:41 AM
lmao @ people still losing sleep over zak's mental health or lack thereof. don't understand why anyone gives a shit. dude is bat shit crazy and i promise, i will not lose one second of sleep over it. you're all playin' yourselves.

I agree with your message, not your fervor. If he wants to fly solo without his meds, good luck, but it's going to be a bumpy trip.

TimothyLeary
09-13-2010, 07:32 AM
I agree with your message, not your fervor. If he wants to fly solo without his meds, good luck, but it's going to be a bumpy trip.

Been on a few bumpy trips myself. :tu

Darrin
09-13-2010, 07:33 AM
Been on a few bumpy trips myself. :tu

Me as well. It's not fun and you're left wondering, when it's all done, what the hell you were thinking! This disease sucks.

TimothyLeary
09-13-2010, 07:34 AM
Croutons! Tossin knowledge around. I agree with everything you said 100%. unfortunately, though, unhealthy people don't want to hear any of it

Health nuts are also full of their own shit.

boutons_deux
09-13-2010, 08:34 AM
Unhealthy nuts get sick early, go broke, and die young. GFY

CosmicCowboy
09-13-2010, 08:40 AM
Unhealthy nuts get sick early, go broke, and die young. GFY

:lmao

So the most bitter, angry, and potentially postal guy on SpursTalk is a health nut?

Bipolar Bob
09-13-2010, 08:58 AM

So true. Everyday my mood is like a box of chocolates for me. I never know what I'm gonna get.

thispego
09-13-2010, 09:39 AM
Health nuts are also full of their own shit.

there's a difference between being healthy and being a health nut

thispego
09-13-2010, 09:46 AM
of all people, you calling me a faggot? hahaha!

I also called you a naive little twat. No argument there, huh? :lol

Cry Havoc
09-13-2010, 09:48 AM
it wasn't a bunch of rambling. maybe bigzak's psych is a money hungry prescription writing fool, i mean it's not out of the norm these days.

It's widely exaggerated by the media. I agree that meds are over-prescribed but I would also argue that since most people aren't forced to go to psychiatrists, they go because they expect something wrong to be found with them and they usually expect to get meds to "fix" whatever little niggling problem they have.

It's completely disingenuous to suggest that a psychiatrist who goes to school for a minimum of 8 years to earn a Ph.D would risk his license and his practice to essentially become a brand-name advocate. Do you realize how phenomenally stupid over-prescribing psychotropic medication is? Bi-polar disorder isn't like depression, you don't toss a handful of Zoloft at a patient and figure it's no big deal if they overdose.

i agree his best bet is to stay medicated but if the medication is making him feel uneasy in his own skin then it might have to do with how much he's taking and what he's taking. maybe the psych hasn't explored every avenue with zak.

Or maybe his doctor finds it difficult to accurately prescribe medication to a patient who's so resistant to taking it. Maybe bigzak hasn't exactly been dependable with his meds, so it's nearly impossible to get any kind of scientific evaluation on how a particular drug is affecting his system because there is no pattern to the doses that are in his system. Maybe he IS struggling to find the right medication and dosage and needs the OP to cooperate so together they can find something that will help his symptoms while not giving him the above side-effects. The point is, you don't fucking know, but you'll be damned if you let that stop you from tossing your unfounded, uneducated opinion into the ring to be read by someone who's making a life-altering decision, one way or another.

if yall could stop being a bunch of dipshits for a minute just because i post a reply then maybe you'd understand what i am getting at. whether or not i explained myself too vaguely is no cause to torch me. ask me simply what i am getting at and i will kindly respond.

You offered an extremely strongly worded opinion (your shrink is nuts) without valid pretext or any kind of educational background, and making a "vague" statement about whether or not a person should continue taking psychotropic medication is only slightly better than telling someone they don't need to take their dialysis medication. Individuals with bipolar disorder are a suicide risk. They behave in unpredictable, often menacing ways when they are in the mania stage of the disorder. It essentially frees their mind of action-consequential thought.

You get your panties in a bunch when someone bashes an Apple computer without using one, and yet you think it's okay to comment on medical issues when you haven't even taken a single class in Psychology or general medicine? Are you really that stupid?

mrsmaalox
09-13-2010, 10:00 AM
The "just get healthy" advice is damn good advice but realistically, even for a healthy, motivated, 100% clearly thinking and reasoning person, is going to take a long time. Probably a much longer time than he can spare in the mental state he is in right now.

The meds may take a while to reach full effect and may need quite a bit of adjustment but will get his mind to a more reasonable state sooner. With any psychiatric med, if you are feeling dulled or not normal, you are on the wrong med or dose; need to work aggressively and frequently with your provider.

The medications don't need to be permanent. He can use them now to get to a more stable mental state where he can actually be capable of making the commitment to improve his health. In his current mental state, he won't be able to maintain the changes he needs to make. With the help of the meds, optimal health is a reasonable goal.

mrsmaalox
09-13-2010, 10:11 AM
Or maybe his doctor finds it difficult to accurately prescribe medication to a patient who's so resistant to taking it. Maybe bigzak hasn't exactly been dependable with his meds, so it's nearly impossible to get any kind of scientific evaluation on how a particular drug is affecting his system because there is no pattern to the doses that are in his system. Maybe he IS struggling to find the right medication and dosage and needs the OP to cooperate so together they can find something that will help his symptoms while not giving him the above side-effects.

I believe this is most likely the scenario in this case.

My husband is a psychiatrist, so of course I tend to give them the benefit of doubt :) But from my personal experience as a nurse (not in psych), psychiatric patients are the most difficult patients to stabilize in any health related situation because they are unreliable medication takers/reporters/follow-ups.

clambake
09-13-2010, 10:14 AM
hopefully he doesn't spray a mcdonalds.

marini martini
09-13-2010, 10:34 AM
IMOHO I think at this point, the almighty dollar has a lot to do with it. If I remember correctly, Zac lost his insurance when he lost his job. These meds. can be quite costly if you have to pay out of pocket. Unless he gets on medicare, he will have a hard time paying for the physchiatric help he so desperately needs.

Sadly there are many like him in our great nation with mental disabilities, that cannot get the help they need due to lack of insurance and/or money.

At this point, the only recourses would be to go to an ER, and tell them you need psych. help as you feel you are in danger to yourself or others.

Good luck & God bless, bro.

JoeChalupa
09-13-2010, 10:40 AM
Whatever help Bigzak needs I hope he finds it. :tu I was given Xanax and Effexor when I had some panic attacks after I had my toe removal surgery. I never took the Xanax and only took the Effexor for a few days and then I felt a "release" so to speak one day and I told the Dr I was going to stop taking the Effexor. He told me to keep the Xanax handy just incase. Been good ever since and have even laid off the hippie lettuce. I just don't let things that I cannot control bother me. :sleep :sleep :sleep

I wish you all the best Bigzak!!

JoeChalupa
09-13-2010, 10:42 AM
I've been eating healthier since I was diagnosed as Diabetes II but I'm far from being a health nut. Smaller meals is what I do.

FuzzyLumpkins
09-13-2010, 11:07 AM
With any psychiatric med, if you are feeling dulled or not normal, you are on the wrong med or dose.

Not if he is delusional with a worsening state. This goes beyond spending too much money and not being able to sleep. He is delusional with a condition that is worsening. You combine psychosis, religious fanaticism, and the not so wonderful attributes of manic, mixed and depressive states and what do you have?

FuzzyLumpkins
09-13-2010, 11:09 AM
IMOHO I think at this point, the almighty dollar has a lot to do with it. If I remember correctly, Zac lost his insurance when he lost his job. These meds. can be quite costly if you have to pay out of pocket. Unless he gets on medicare, he will have a hard time paying for the physchiatric help he so desperately needs.

Sadly there are many like him in our great nation with mental disabilities, that cannot get the help they need due to lack of insurance and/or money.

At this point, the only recourses would be to go to an ER, and tell them you need psych. help as you feel you are in danger to yourself or others.

Good luck & God bless, bro.

The ones that they pimp on TV, abilify and seroquel, are still under patent. The rest are not.

The Reckoning
09-13-2010, 11:13 AM
toe removal surgery

pics or it didnt happen

marini martini
09-13-2010, 11:17 AM
The ones that they pimp on TV, abilify and seroquel, are still under patent. The rest are not.

The psych. visit starts @ $275. here in SA, out of pocket without insurance.

FuzzyLumpkins
09-13-2010, 11:23 AM
The psych. visit starts @ $275. here in SA, out of pocket without insurance.

Not all doctors charge the same and I know for a fact that there are ones that are significantly less.

Oh, Gee!!
09-13-2010, 11:27 AM
life must be one long rollercoaster ride in casa de bigzak

mrsmaalox
09-13-2010, 11:41 AM
I fully realize the financial hardships faced by a huge amt of people. But financial considerations have yet to be mentioned by the OP in any of his mental health related threads so it's hard to say if that is a factor here.

And if it is financial, honesty with the doc should be the first course of action. There are many, many drugs out there, not just the ones with tv commercials. Ever seen a PDR or hospital formulary? Those things are as big as a house! Confide in your doc that financially/ insurance wise you can't afford it and an alternative can usually be found.

Most of my nursing career took place at the county hospital in El Paso; 80% indigent population at that time. Treatment and drugs are available to anyone. At least to anyone who is cooperative and willing to take responsibility for their own health. Why don't more pursue these avenues? Because it's not convenient. It often requires spending your day camped out at hospital pharmacies or endless appts with social workers. People aren't willing to do that. It's easier to wait until the next crisis and get on the spot attention. People always tend to choose convenience even at the risk of their own health care.

Sorry if this rambling but I'm posting from my phone and i can't review it clearly :)

clambake
09-13-2010, 11:45 AM
he should see a doctor at the hotel california.

mrsmaalox
09-13-2010, 11:49 AM
Not all doctors charge the same and I know for a fact that there are ones that are significantly less.

The county hospital I worked at charged $5 per clinic visit for those in need. But they saw a different doc each time and it definitely wasn't a Stone Oak-esque waiting room :lol Again, it's all there if someone chooses to be responsible for their health.

JoeChalupa
09-13-2010, 12:23 PM
pics or it didnt happen

:lol

silverblk mystix
09-13-2010, 03:23 PM
I just remembered that it was in another thread, having to do with religion, that Big Zak said he didn't have much time left here.

I now realized we were debating with Jesus Christ himself....at least in his own mind.

All kidding aside, I would normally just recommend stripping down to rid yourself of attachments-which are the basis of all suffering, but when it involves medication I guess I couldn't pretend to know anything about that.

ashbeeigh
09-13-2010, 04:49 PM
The county hospital I worked at charged $5 per clinic visit for those in need. But they saw a different doc each time and it definitely wasn't a Stone Oak-esque waiting room :lol Again, it's all there if someone chooses to be responsible for their health.

You would hope. Texas seriously lags behind when it comes to funding mental healthcare, whether it be for youth or for adults. Did you happen to read the article in the Express News a few weekends ago? They estimated that the spending per capita is something like this:

National per capita funding for mental health services: $103.53

Texas per capita funding: $34.57

Bexar County: $13.28

Source: Center for Health Care Services

Here's the whole article. It's depressing to say the least. http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/local_news/Big_cuts_looming_for_mental_health_care___10224234 4.html?c=y&page=6#storytop

phxspurfan
09-13-2010, 05:35 PM

$5 doc visit?? Where do I sign up?

PakiDan
09-13-2010, 06:15 PM
pics or it didnt happen

I can toe-tally vouch for Joe... he is minus one appendage.

lil'mo
09-13-2010, 07:19 PM
what a genius, brilliant play on words mexidan. :rolleyes

please remove that ugly cow from your signature, she is making me sick. yeah. thanks.

marini martini
09-13-2010, 10:27 PM
You would hope. Texas seriously lags behind when it comes to funding mental healthcare, whether it be for youth or for adults. Did you happen to read the article in the Express News a few weekends ago? They estimated that the spending per capita is something like this:

Here's the whole article. It's depressing to say the least. http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/local_news/Big_cuts_looming_for_mental_health_care___10224234 4.html?c=y&page=6#storytop

Thanks Ash!!!:tu

phyzik
09-14-2010, 01:48 AM
I REALLY almost made a post making fun of your religious furvor Zak.... I was EXTREMELY tempted... even now I still am....

Take the meds.... religious beliefs can only go so far in the REAL world... (yes, thats a backhanded comment.... I couldnt resist :lol )

gospursgojas
09-14-2010, 02:25 AM
Ive read the 5 pages of this thread and Im not sure if this is for reals or a joke but....

I have been struggling with Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia for years now and in just the past month I have finally been fortunate enough to land a job with a decent company with decent benefits. So I am actually excited to see a doc and get the help (meds) I need.

What Im trying to say is, if you got the means...use them. Get on the meds you need. And good luck in whatev decision you make :tu

koriwhat
09-14-2010, 02:39 AM
You offered an extremely strongly worded opinion (your shrink is nuts) without valid pretext or any kind of educational background, and making a "vague" statement about whether or not a person should continue taking psychotropic medication is only slightly better than telling someone they don't need to take their dialysis medication. Individuals with bipolar disorder are a suicide risk. They behave in unpredictable, often menacing ways when they are in the mania stage of the disorder. It essentially frees their mind of action-consequential thought.

You get your panties in a bunch when someone bashes an Apple computer without using one, and yet you think it's okay to comment on medical issues when you haven't even taken a single class in Psychology or general medicine? Are you really that stupid?

you assume... that's all you do. you assume i have no background with this subject, not a good assumption at all.

don't point fingers, ya know. btw, i suggested he stay on the meds in the first place, never did i tell him to go cold turkey and deal with it.

don't get your panties in a wad!

BadOdor
09-14-2010, 03:59 AM
you assume... that's all you do. you assume i have no background with this subject
!

You are a male secretary with no high school diploma. I'd love to hear what kind of background you have in the area:wow

Veterinarian
09-14-2010, 04:04 AM
I may be talking out my naive, "we're the good guys" ass, but this isn't a shade of gray. I don't expect every country to like the US and we are not saints. But this is anti-American. He's making the case for an attack. I couldn't get through all of it.

I wasn't alive in 1973. President Bush was snorting cocaine around that time. Who is Osama bin Ladin attacking? What does he hope to accomplish with the attack? To kill Americans. To do exactly to us what he thinks was done to him. He'll become a freedom fighter when he liberates his people from state-sanctioned religion. He'll be a freedom fighter when he allows women to walk the street. He'll be a freedom fighter when he allows actual schools in his country.

When his rhetoric becomes about FREEDOM and not about KILLING AMERICANS!

Only after he does all that will I even answer the question about him being a freedom fighter. We may have been asking for a punch in the nose, but this is not the man to deliver it. To live under him as a ruler, like Hitler before him, would enslave and opress many, many people and turn fantasy and theory into the word of God.

On a personal note, FUCK YOU!

koriwhat
09-14-2010, 05:15 AM
You are a male secretary with no high school diploma. I'd love to hear what kind of background you have in the area:wow

keep throwing insults and i'll keep ignoring your questions. thanks for playing the game dipshit.

Cry Havoc
09-14-2010, 09:28 AM
you assume... that's all you do. you assume i have no background with this subject, not a good assumption at all.

don't point fingers, ya know. btw, i suggested he stay on the meds in the first place, never did i tell him to go cold turkey and deal with it.

don't get your panties in a wad!

And you have posted absolutely nothing that makes me regret or second-guess that assumption at all. You, yourself, have not even refuted the statement directly.

Sorry. I guess it's silly of me to expect you to post knowledge that you have on a subject when it's asked for by the OP, instead of keeping it tucked away under your bed while you blather nonsensical diatribes about the corruption in the system. In light of this new evidence, you sound like an incredibly educated person and I am titillated to hear what you have to say. Please share with us your extensive knowledge of Psychology and alternative methods of treatment that bigzak might procure, Dr. koriwhat.

CavsSuperFan
09-14-2010, 10:40 AM
I think it is hysterical that there are pages of advice on treating bi-polar disorder…Like that is a real medial condition….

koriwhat
09-14-2010, 10:53 AM
Please share with us your extensive knowledge of Psychology and alternative methods of treatment that bigzak might procure

you first, Dr. CryBaby.

Cry Havoc
09-14-2010, 11:58 AM
you first, Dr. CryBaby.

Dr. koriwhat, folks. He'll be here all week.

phxspurfan
09-14-2010, 12:35 PM
I have been struggling with Agoraphobia for years now

Dude I almost had that...but it turns out I just had AlGore-a-phobia

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_4IqAMwAGn1w/TCwsktI3wiI/AAAAAAAAW9M/75QtJ2YrPds/s1600/1892650-al-gore-aflyser-foredrag-under-cop.jpg

:shudder

koriwhat
09-14-2010, 12:39 PM
Dr. koriwhat, folks. He'll be here all week.

CryBaby, do tell your background in psychology/psychiatry and your experiences in the field. i'm still waiting to hear from you, i mean, because you're mr. knowitall and love to shoot me down whenever possible but it doesn't seem like you have much to add to this thread either. so, please, what's your background in psychology? psychiatry? bi-polar & anxiety disorders, etc...? do tell mr. knowitall.

Cry Havoc
09-14-2010, 12:50 PM
CryBaby, do tell your background in psychology/psychiatry and your experiences in the field. i'm still waiting to hear from you, i mean, because you're mr. knowitall and love to shoot me down whenever possible but it doesn't seem like you have much to add to this thread either. so, please, what's your background in psychology? psychiatry? bi-polar & anxiety disorders, etc...? do tell mr. knowitall.

For what it's worth, I don't even enjoy calling you out, but when you, or anyone else, posts uneducated babble that has absolutely no bearing on reality, I don't mind ridiculing you for it. The OP is attempting to make a serious life decision (albeit asking for help on SpursTalk isn't a bright move), and your response is, "Hur hur, ur shrink is gettin' paid. Maybe he should do his job better." It's lunacy. You know nothing about the situation, and even if you did, you obviously have no educational background to be commenting with any kind of authority.

Perhaps the reason you feel I'm "shooting you down" so much is that you have such a talent for posting your opinions everywhere? I mean, you act like it's just me that ridicules you or states you make stupid posts. Newsflash dude... all of SpursTalk thinks this.

To answer your other question, I have a bachelor's degree in Psychology and am currently in the process of getting a master's, with a focus on counseling for personality disorders among adolescents.

Now then. You were saying?

koriwhat
09-14-2010, 01:09 PM
For what it's worth, I don't even enjoy calling you out, but when you, or anyone else, posts uneducated babble that has absolutely no bearing on reality, I don't mind calling you out for it. The OP is attempting to make a serious life decision (albeit asking for help on SpursTalk isn't a bright move), and your response is, "Hur hur, ur shrink is gettin' paid. Maybe he should do his job better." It's lunacy. You know nothing about the situation, and even if you did, you obviously have no educational background to be commenting with any kind of authority.

Perhaps the reason you feel I'm "shooting you down" so much is that you have such a talent for posting your opinions everywhere? I mean, you act like it's just me that ridicules you or states you're a bad poster. Newsflash dude... all of SpursTalk thinks this.

To answer your other question, I have a bachelor's degree in Psychology and am currently in the process of getting a master's, with a focus on counseling for personality disorders among adolescents.

Now then. You were saying?

please show me where i told zak, "hur hur, ur shrink is gettin' paid." shit, i don't remember saying that at all. now, i did generalize the field and say it's corrupted, which it is, in the fewest words i could.

btw, i could care less if all of ST likes me or not, likes my posts or not. it's not a fuckin' popularity contest i'm shooting for.

here, to add fire on an already burning bush, i used to deal with anxiety and panic attacks daily due to my overuse of lsd back in '97 & '98. not until late '98 did i seek professional help in which i was referred to a counselor here who thought eating tacos with me was somehow "counseling". he then referred me to a psychiatrist who saw me for a mere 2 seconds and wrote me a prescription for effexorXR, kolonapin and something else i can't remember. i probably spelt all those bs drugs wrong but oh well.

anyhow, 5 yrs later and still nothing helped curb my anxiety. i ended up reading a bunch at that time about said subject and researching what i could on my own. my only solution to my problem was to dive back in head first. ongos were the solution and 6 yrs later, not 1 panic attack or anxiety.

now i didn't and don't have bi-polar disease and i wouldn't suggest someone to just go cold turkey as you've so kindly try to act like i have. all i am suggesting is that maybe zak should seek other counsel and see if they can help him out. i am also standing by my claim that psychs today are in it for the dough and that the field is bs. i will stand by that until proven otherwise.

FuzzyLumpkins
09-14-2010, 03:38 PM
please show me where i told zak, "hur hur, ur shrink is gettin' paid." shit, i don't remember saying that at all. now, i did generalize the field and say it's corrupted, which it is, in the fewest words i could.

btw, i could care less if all of ST likes me or not, likes my posts or not. it's not a fuckin' popularity contest i'm shooting for.

here, to add fire on an already burning bush, i used to deal with anxiety and panic attacks daily due to my overuse of lsd back in '97 & '98. not until late '98 did i seek professional help in which i was referred to a counselor here who thought eating tacos with me was somehow "counseling". he then referred me to a psychiatrist who saw me for a mere 2 seconds and wrote me a prescription for effexorXR, kolonapin and something else i can't remember. i probably spelt all those bs drugs wrong but oh well.

anyhow, 5 yrs later and still nothing helped curb my anxiety. i ended up reading a bunch at that time about said subject and researching what i could on my own. my only solution to my problem was to dive back in head first. ongos were the solution and 6 yrs later, not 1 panic attack or anxiety.

now i didn't and don't have bi-polar disease and i wouldn't suggest someone to just go cold turkey as you've so kindly try to act like i have. all i am suggesting is that maybe zak should seek other counsel and see if they can help him out. i am also standing by my claim that psychs today are in it for the dough and that the field is bs. i will stand by that until proven otherwise.

Just because your a pussie with calf tats that cannot handle reality without panicking doesn't mean shit. You have had an experience with a single shrink and you think you can make generalized claims about the profession?

If he gave you effexor it was because he thought you were really fucked up. Regardless, depression and general pussy disorder are not the same as bipolar at all. You give a bipolar effexor and it amplifies their manic phases. All of the mood stabilizers with the exception of lamitrogine have the opposite effect of effexor. You ever seen anyone doped up on lithium after a severe manic episode?

Basically your little story only tells us that you are a pussy that has ZERO personal knowledge on the subject.

koriwhat
09-14-2010, 03:59 PM
Just because your a pussie with calf tats

wow, taking things a little personal huh? btw, does it make you feel like more of a man here at ST because you too can use the "puss(ie)" and "calf tats" thing instead of actually talking to me? too fuckin' hilarious and too fuckin' predictable.

You have had an experience with a single shrink and you think you can make generalized claims about the profession?

oh, that's right, because you know everything? you only know what i tell you but assume away.

btw, i know plenty of people who are dealing with bipolar disease and the corrupt system that sees dollar signs instead of actually balancing these people out. i also know people who are complete pathetic losers who would rather claim bipolar disease and get medicated than deal with their problems and if a shrink really cared, he would know who's for real and who isn't and wouldn't just write prescriptions, right?

If he gave you effexor it was because he thought you were really fucked up.

answer me this then, how could that doctor know anything about me back then if we never even said hello to each other? i mean, you know everything, right? answer that one smartass.

Regardless, depression...are not the same as bipolar at all.

i never claimed they were so why are you getting all pissy about this? there's the bandwagon, jump on up!

You ever seen anyone doped up on lithium after a severe manic episode?

nope, but i know a dude who isn't bipolar who was diagnosed as being bipolar and was all doped up on lithium. come to find out yrs later the dude was just gay and was depressed he couldn't come out. wow, his shrink nailed that diagnosis!

Dr.Phil
09-14-2010, 04:02 PM
Bigzak needs to find his authentic self. The authentic self is the you that can be found at your absolute core. It is the part of you not defined by your job, function or role. It is the composite of all your skills, talents and wisdom. It is all of the things that are uniquely yours and need expression, rather than what you believe you are supposed to be and do.

bigzak25
09-14-2010, 04:04 PM
i stopped for a day...felt better...mother talked with heb pharmacist who talked with my doc on the phone and adjusted my meds...which i took for a couple days...

now i'm off the anti-phychotics (of my own accord) and just taking the mood stabilizers.

we'll see how this goes.

i was on anti phscyes cuz i pulled one of my testecles off.

that's about it for now folks.

keep you posted.

i'm gonna do what's best for my family. that's all i know for sure.

i choose love. same as it was. and as it should be.

bigzak25
09-14-2010, 04:05 PM
thanks dr. phil. i'll take it to heart. :tu

koriwhat
09-14-2010, 04:06 PM
btw, take a look around at society in the US these days... kids are on meth in elementary school. were there kids on meth back when you were in elementary?

i can remember not even a handful of kids doped up on ritalin but now, i know kids that are on a myriad of drugs.

and you still think the profession is professional.... isn't corrupted? hahaha!

take a look at all the lawsuits out there. fuck, take a look at the profits of drug companies. is it a wonder they are so successful?

be it bipolar, depression, whatever the disease, the system needs to be reworked.

koriwhat
09-14-2010, 04:07 PM

holy fuck!

do what you gotta do zak but don't stop searching until you find the right answer.

FuzzyLumpkins
09-14-2010, 04:09 PM
wow, taking things a little personal huh? btw, does it make you feel like more of a man here at ST because you too can use the "puss(ie)" and "calf tats" thing instead of actually talking to me? too fuckin' hilarious and too fuckin' predictable.

oh, that's right, because you know everything? you only know what i tell you but assume away.

btw, i know plenty of people who are dealing with bipolar disease and the corrupt system that sees dollar signs instead of actually balancing these people out. i also know people who are complete pathetic losers who would rather claim bipolar disease and get medicated than deal with their problems and if a shrink really cared, he would know who's for real and who isn't and wouldn't just write prescriptions, right?

answer me this then, how could that doctor know anything about me back then if we never even said hello to each other? i mean, you know everything, right? answer that one smartass.

i never claimed they were so why are you getting all pissy about this? there's the bandwagon, jump on up!

nope, but i know a dude who isn't bipolar who was diagnosed as being bipolar and was all doped up on lithium. come to find out yrs later the dude was just gay and was depressed he couldn't come out. wow, his shrink nailed that diagnosis!

You claimed the panic attacks and tried to blame them on LSD. I am not taking it personal but if the shoe fits....

Are you really that stupid that you are questioning Zak's diagnosis of bipolar 1? Really?

So your fag friend wouldn't tell the shrink everything that was going on and thus misdiagnosed him and you are blaming the shrink? Really?

Encouraging someone to not take their meds that is describing psychosis as part of his symptoms is bad enough but using fearmongering as the justification is just flat wrong.

FuzzyLumpkins
09-14-2010, 04:13 PM
btw, take a look around at society in the US these days... kids are on meth in elementary school. were there kids on meth back when you were in elementary?

i can remember not even a handful of kids doped up on ritalin but now, i know kids that are on a myriad of drugs.

and you still think the profession is professional.... isn't corrupted? hahaha!

take a look at all the lawsuits out there. fuck, take a look at the profits of drug companies. is it a wonder they are so successful?

be it bipolar, depression, whatever the disease, the system needs to be reworked.

Yeah because kids 10 years ago did not do drugs. :rolleyes

And what does the overprescription of children have to do with this discussion?

koriwhat
09-14-2010, 04:14 PM
Are you really that stupid that you are questioning Zak's diagnosis of bipolar 1? Really?

are you serious? when did i question zak's diagnosis?

Encouraging someone to not take their meds that is describing psychosis as part of his symptoms is bad enough but using fearmongering as the justification is just flat wrong.

btw, when did i encourage zak to not take his meds?

you're too funny man. what will i say next? guess i'll have to wait to read it straight from CryBaby or fuzzylimpdick.

koriwhat
09-14-2010, 04:16 PM
you know what, i'm not going to let you(fuzzylimpdick) or CryBaby ruin this thread because yall don't agree with something i've said.

go about your day and try to help zak out. skip my replies altogether or take your meds and calm the fuck down.

i'm out! zak good luck to you man!

Ignignokt
09-14-2010, 04:20 PM
you know what, i'm not going to let you(fuzzylimpdick) or CryBaby ruin this thread because yall don't agree with something i've said.

go about your day and try to help zak out. skip my replies altogether or take your meds and calm the fuck down.

Tit for Calf tat?

FuzzyLumpkins
09-14-2010, 04:22 PM

You were questioning his psychiatrist's ethics and motives from the start. You never out and said do not take your meds but you were giving him many justifications to do just that.

You keep backtracking from this statement but we all know the score.

He is describing delusional thoughts like he is some demigod and you are advising that he figure it out on his own? Really?

At least we have established you do not know shit on the subject of bipolar other than your friends with a fag that wouldn't be straight with his doctor and was thus misdiagnosed.

No wonder people troll you. You are such a douchebag.

koriwhat
09-14-2010, 04:23 PM
You were questioning his psychiatrist's ethics and motives from the start. You never out and said do not take your meds but you were giving him many justifications to do just that.

You keep backtracking from this statement but we all know the score.

At least we have established you do not know shit on the subject of bipolar other than your friends with a fag that wouldn't be straight with his doctor and was thus misdiagnosed.

No wonder people troll you. You are such a (fuzzy don't know the meaning of...)douchebag.

:wakeup

Cry Havoc
09-14-2010, 04:27 PM
:wakeup

So what's your educational background, koriwhat? You got prescribed klonopin and effexor, so you can diagnose other individuals and determine if their shrinks are legit? Is that the extent of your knowledge in the field?

You're calling people out for not knowing anything while simultaneously questioning someone with a Ph.D and dispensing advice to a bipolar individual like it's a fact. Where is your knowledge coming from?

These are honest questions.

koriwhat
09-14-2010, 04:31 PM
dispensing advice to a bipolar individual like it's a fact.

:bang :sleep

why don't you get back to the problem here instead of always trying your hardest to put me down? honest question!

i have no more words for you from here on out. good day!

Cry Havoc
09-14-2010, 04:34 PM

Posted elsewhere in the thread, by koriwhat:

(fuzzylimpdick)

Crybaby

FuzzyLumpkins
09-14-2010, 04:35 PM
:bang :sleep

why don't you get back to the problem here instead of always trying your hardest to put me down? honest question!

You already said you were going to leave and you didn't. That makes you a liar as well as a pussy.

Opinionater
09-14-2010, 04:37 PM
IMHO, I think a few others need to get on meds.

koriwhat
09-14-2010, 04:38 PM
IMHO, I think a few others need to get on meds.

:toast

BadOdor
09-14-2010, 04:43 PM
Damn, even when trying to post legit calf tats is a terrible poster.

Luckily, no one would take advice from a male secretary with no high school diploma and calf tats.

koriwhat
09-14-2010, 04:46 PM

Luckily, no one would take advice from a male secretary with no high school diploma and calf tats.

:sleep

Opinionater
09-14-2010, 04:54 PM
i stopped for a day...felt better...mother talked with heb pharmacist who talked with my doc on the phone and adjusted my meds...which i took for a couple days...

now i'm off the anti-phychotics (of my own accord) and just taking the mood stabilizers.

we'll see how this goes.

keep you posted.

i choose love. same as it was. and as it should be.

Damn, I've heard many say "I'd give my left nut..." but, IMHO, you took it to the extreme.

Opinionater
09-14-2010, 04:57 PM

As opposed to taking advice from anyone else up in here?

BadOdor
09-14-2010, 05:09 PM
As opposed to taking advice from anyone else up in here?

Would you take the advice of someone who got tats......on his calfs?

Yes or no please.

PakiDan
09-14-2010, 05:11 PM
what a genius, brilliant play on words mexidan. :rolleyes

please remove that ugly cow from your signature, she is making me sick. yeah. thanks.

Thanks! and ... no!

koriwhat
09-14-2010, 05:14 PM
Would you take the advice of someone who got tats......on his calfs?

Yes or no please.

:sleep

Ignignokt
09-14-2010, 05:29 PM
B====D:sleep

Whenever you open your mouth, you risk a fly going in. Shut your trap fag.

ChumpDumper
09-14-2010, 05:34 PM

we'll see how this goes.

keep you posted.

i choose love. same as it was. and as it should be.If the anti-psychotics are keeping that second testicle attached, I would probably choose to remain on those meds.

The Reckoning
09-14-2010, 05:37 PM

:wow
:(
:wtf
:dizzy
:vomit:
:yield
:nutkick:
:smchode:
:grim:
:huh

FuzzyLumpkins
09-14-2010, 07:34 PM

No, you're not.

You are have now gone to hurting yourself, are still delusional and worsening. If you truly had you and your family's best interests in mind you would give you pdoc's therapy a legitimate shot.

You're going to end up really hurting someone or dead yourself.

I really hope you are trolling.

tlongII
09-14-2010, 08:37 PM

Pics or it didn't happen!

The Reckoning
09-14-2010, 09:04 PM
< :lmao

2Blonde
09-14-2010, 09:10 PM

Zach I haven't read this thread yet but as the mother of a beautiful, smart, talented, funny & sweet young woman who has been dealing with this incredibly destructive disease, I urge you to stay on your meds. Please, please, please put your relationships ahead of that misguided manic feeling that bipolar is so famous for. As you are very aware, this disease is incredibly destructive on even the strongest relationships. There is a great online sight for all aspects of bipolar at http://www.mdjunction.com/bipolar
Good luck on whatever you decide and if you need to talk, let me know. I don't know if you remember, but you were very helpful to me a few years ago when I was coming to grips with the weight of parenting a bipolar teen. :toast

thispego
09-14-2010, 09:42 PM
Dude zax, you need to be committed! Did you really tear off one of your balls? No fuckin way! :lmao

2Blonde
09-14-2010, 10:00 PM
You made a decision in 30 minutes?
I am assuming you are joking... but just in case you weren't... that is the hallmark of bipolar. Due to a chemical imbalance, the brain gets caught in a tug of war between the depressive state and the manic state. Manic, or mania, does not mean happy as many people mistakenly think. It's more of a unrelated to reality state that is characterized by fast decisions with seemingly no rational thought behind them (ie. spending sprees, escapades in Dublin, very reckless behavior).

I know you're just razzing zak, but I have seen my daughter go manic when she has a lot going on. She would begin to obsess over something such as lack of time or a test or the color of her room and suddenly she's out the gate and cannot function normally. New situations are the hardest for her. Such as a the start of the school year, a new job, someone she just met who says something that she interprets wrong. I have never seen her go in to a manic phase because she was lazy or had too much idle time.

I do agree that journaling and healthy habits are VERY important but they don't stop you from being bipolar or even take the place of medications. The cognitive behavioral therapies you mentioned are very important, but only along with medication management.

dude he's fucked up in the head, why does anything he does have to make sense? :downspin: he's looking for advice here amongst other places, he's also narcissistic because he wants everyone to know his business

Yeah, you must be right..... the narcissism couldn't have anything to do with the bipolar.:rolleyes Narcissism & Bipolar Disorder Explanation @ Pendulum.org (http://www.pendulum.org/bpnews/archive/001743.html)

Medicate.

I have tried it this way and it didn't work out too well. Look, if you can wish away this disorder, then you don't have it. It is more likely that you feel okay and that can lead to not taking your medication, but it won't last and it's like a cancer patient discontinuing treatment because they feel "alright."

I suffer from Bipolar II and find it difficult to feel the full effect of anything when I am on a mood stabilizer. I sympathize, but I still take my meds every day at 7AM.

Don't do this. It's just self-medicating. Your son should know that when he faces a challenge, no matter how life-long or daunting, that he must do everything in his power to conquer it. You can tell him that one day. Set the example. It's the best thing for you and for him.
You are a wonderful example. It is wonderful to see success stories because it offers hope for many who desperately need it.

thispego
09-14-2010, 10:08 PM
2blonde you are taking my tough love out of context. bigzak and your daughter suffer from different conditions. can't really compare the two, body type plays a huge factor, so do age and gender. Zak is most definitely lazy, it wouldnt fix all of his problems if he wasnt lazy but in conjunction with the right medication it would make all the difference in the world.

and i talk shit to everyone on here for being narcissistic. this aint facebook. facebook is home for all narcissists

Tod Pricket
09-14-2010, 10:16 PM
and i talk shit to everyone on here for being narcissistic. this aint facebook. facebook is home for all narcissists

U R 2 cool for skooL!!!:tu

thispego
09-14-2010, 10:18 PM
you're cool if you post status updates on facebook :lol

2Blonde
09-14-2010, 10:23 PM
2blonde you are taking my tough love out of context. bigzak and your daughter suffer from different conditions. can't really compare the two, body type plays a huge factor, so do age and gender. Zak is most definitely lazy, it wouldnt fix all of his problems if he wasnt lazy but in conjunction with the right medication it would make all the difference in the world.

that's why I said that I assumed you were just razzing zak. I am confused about the two different conditions you just mentioned.... I thought we were just talking about bipolar. Enlighten me, please.:)

lil'mo
09-14-2010, 10:23 PM
U R 2 cool for skooL!!!:tu
we got a butthurt facebook lover on our hands here folks! :rollin

thispego
09-14-2010, 10:34 PM
that's why I said that I assumed you were just razzing zak. I am confused about the two different conditions you just mentioned.... I thought we were just talking about bipolar. Enlighten me, please.:)

it's all bipolar, but that term can sometimes be used loosely to diagnose someone who has volatile moodswings, every person is different which is why there are different medication combinations for every person even though they may be suffering from "the same condition"... How can one medication work for a bipolar patient and the same medication not work for another bipolar patient?

also, bipolar disorder can start really at any time in your life. It can start in children, in adolescence, in adults and in older adults. And depending on when the illness starts, the symptoms could be different. In young children, the illness starts slowly, sometimes it involves changes in mood and irritability, and aggression, and changes in attention and difficult behavior. Mood swings can happen several times during the day. In adolescences and in adults, the illness can start either with a manic episode, or with depressed episode. Sometimes the illness can start even very late in life, when people are 50 or 60. In elderly people, when bipolar illness starts, it's usually related with some other brain disorder that may happen at the same time that can be connected to cardiovascular disease or even early dementia.

The most common age of onset of the illness, though, is young adulthood in the late teens and early 20s.

Cry Havoc
09-15-2010, 02:50 AM
it's all bipolar, but that term can sometimes be used loosely to diagnose someone who has volatile moodswings, every person is different

There are a number of disorders that can be used to diagnose a swiftly changing emotional state, including intermittent explosive disorder, borderline personality disorder, schizoaffective disorcer, etc.

Bipolar disorder isn't a basic condition used to describe someone who has "mood swings". Bipolar Disorder is a pervasive, life changing condition, and involves a much different set of criteria for developing a diagnosis than "mood swings". Bipolar disorder doesn't even necessarily involve rapid mood swings in the first place, as manic/depressive states can last for days at a time. There are very specific conditions in the DSM-IV(TR) that need to be met to give someone a bipolar diagnosis.

why there are different medication combinations for every person even though they may be suffering from "the same condition"... How can one medication work for a bipolar patient and the same medication not work for another bipolar patient?

:rolleyes Are you serious? Every human brain/body is different. I shouldn't even need to go into detail about this, because there are a number of alternative treatments for nearly every medical condition out there. Not to mention the fact that Psychology is one of the youngest sciences on Earth, and finding chemicals to interact with the brain to reduce a specific behavior is extremely difficult.

thispego
09-15-2010, 11:47 AM
There are a number of disorders that can be used to diagnose a swiftly changing emotional state, including intermittent explosive disorder, borderline personality disorder, schizoaffective disorcer, etc.

Bipolar disorder isn't a basic condition used to describe someone who has "mood swings". Bipolar Disorder is a pervasive, life changing condition, and involves a much different set of criteria for developing a diagnosis than "mood swings". Bipolar disorder doesn't even necessarily involve rapid mood swings in the first place, as manic/depressive states can last for days at a time. There are very specific conditions in the DSM-IV(TR) that need to be met to give someone a bipolar diagnosis.
we're talking about 2blondea daughter and bigzak, who have been diagnosed with bipolar disorder. Try to keep up.

:rolleyes Are you serious? Every human brain/body is different. I shouldn't even need to go into detail about this, because there are a number of alternative treatments for nearly every medical condition out there. Not to mention the fact that Psychology is one of the youngest sciences on Earth, and finding chemicals to interact with the brain to reduce a specific behavior is extremely difficult.
:lol I said exactly what you just said. It's always funny when people on here try to vaunt their knowledge to claim superiority of a subject matter. You must work hard with your psychiatric patients posting on spurstalk all day. :rolleyes

koriwhat
09-15-2010, 11:59 AM
motherfuckin' thispedo. hahaha!

mouse
09-15-2010, 12:04 PM
Growing up in the 70s there was none of this bi-polar shit. If you seemed over energetic and acted crazy you was considered the class clown, if you cried every time a tree was cut down you was called a sissy. If you pulled one of your testicles out of your sac you was given a band-aid and another beer.

If your worried about Zax and many others then brace yourself for a flood of BigZaxs to take over America as we over medicate the young children of today.

Cry Havoc
09-15-2010, 12:07 PM
we're talking about 2blondea daughter and bigzak, who have been diagnosed with bipolar disorder. Try to keep up.

:lol I said exactly what you just said. It's always funny when people on here try to vaunt their knowledge to claim superiority of a subject matter. You must work hard with your psychiatric patients posting on spurstalk all day. :rolleyes

My bad. I misread your posts. :lol Perhaps you could make them a little less ambiguously worded, and regardless, using bipolar as slang is still a pretty bad idea.

Bipolar Bob
09-15-2010, 12:09 PM
Growing up in the 70s there was none of this bi-polar shit. If you seemed over energetic and acted crazy you was considered the class clown, if you cried every time a tree was cut down you was called a sissy. If you pulled one of your testicles out of your sac you was given a band-aid and another beer.

If your worried about Zax and many others then brace yourself for a flood of BigZaxs to take over America as we over medicate the young children of today.

Oh, it was around but the drug companies hadn't quite figured out the scam. Tom Cruise gets it.

thispego
09-15-2010, 12:29 PM
My bad. I misread your posts. :lol Perhaps you could make them a little less ambiguously worded, and regardless, using bipolar as slang is still a pretty bad idea.

That's what people do, if someones mood is constantly up and down, nice to mean, friendly to stand-offish, they say oh he's just being bipolar. But yeah, from a clinical diagnosis standpoint there are lots of different personality and mood disorders. You'd be interested in what I'm doing right now ch, considering the focus you're earning your MA in.

koriwhat
09-15-2010, 12:45 PM
That's what psychiatrists do, if someones mood is constantly up and down, nice to mean, friendly to stand-offish, they say oh he's just being bipolar and prescribe to him or her a myriad of drugs.

Cry Havoc
09-15-2010, 12:49 PM

Still waiting on your educational background. You implied it was a bad decision on my part to assume you know nothing about Psychology. I'm still waiting for the first post that asserts you even have a very basic grasp of the topic. Do you have anything, or are you just going to continue to spout drivel for another 5 pages?

thispego
09-15-2010, 12:51 PM
koriwhat...

sometimes. Noone is goin to go to a psychiatrist unless they really feel like something is wrong with them. If they got sent away without a prescription, any prescription, they'd be pissed. "oh that doctor is a quack. There is deFinitely something wrong with me, a chemical imbalance that only pills could fix."

gospursgojas
09-15-2010, 01:09 PM

There was also no vaccine for polio in the 50's.

We advance as a society and discover medications, treatments, and cures for ailments, yet some still want to refuse those advancments bc "back in the day ______"

koriwhat
09-15-2010, 01:13 PM
koriwhat...

sometimes. Noone is goin to go to a psychiatrist unless they really feel like something is wrong with them. If they got sent away without a prescription, any prescription, they'd be pissed. "oh that doctor is a quack. There is deFinitely something wrong with me, a chemical imbalance that only pills could fix."

i'm not saying write a prescription to fill that person's void of wanting pills because if you don't they'll leave pissed off.

experience + testimonials from other people i know lead me to believe the profession is total bs. just like the police force, sure there are good police officers out there but how am i supposed to relate when i have only run into the bad and so have people i know.

write prescriptions because you have spent the time to get to know these people and understand their problems. don't write prescriptions because it's easier than dealing with your patients.

that doc not only wrote me out a prescription but also charged me $200 for his 5 seconds it took him to sign his name. what a crock of shit and i bet you that shit goes on daily in the field. no wonder there's a bunch of zombies walking amongst us.

Edit: as for zak, maybe his doc hasn't taken the time to assess the problem correctly and is mindlessly writing him prescriptions for drugs that are sending him over the edge. who fuckin' knows? i believe ripping your nut off is enough to be medicated but the right mix of drugs is to problem here. then again, if zak would just stick with the program and see the results or at least let the results come to fruition then maybe he can better assess whether the results are positive or negative and go from there.

koriwhat
09-15-2010, 01:19 PM
Do you have anything, or are you just going to continue to spout drivel for another 5 pages?

Cry Havoc
09-15-2010, 01:39 PM

Got it. You know absolutely nothing about Psychology. Thanks for manning up and admitting it. It only took you 7 pages to do so.

TenBuckTammy
09-15-2010, 01:42 PM
Big deal about knowing psychology. Many shrinks get the diagnosis wrong.

koriwhat
09-15-2010, 01:42 PM
Got it. You know absolutely nothing about Psychology. Thanks for manning up and admitting it. It only took you 7 pages to do so.

:lol :sleep

FuzzyLumpkins
09-15-2010, 01:45 PM
i'm not saying write a prescription to fill that person's void of wanting pills because if you don't they'll leave pissed off.

experience + testimonials from other people i know lead me to believe the profession is total bs. just like the police force, sure there are good police officers out there but how am i supposed to relate when i have only run into the bad and so have people i know.

write prescriptions because you have spent the time to get to know these people and understand their problems. don't write prescriptions because it's easier than dealing with your patients.

that doc not only wrote me out a prescription but also charged me $200 for his 5 seconds it took him to sign his name. what a crock of shit and i bet you that shit goes on daily in the field. no wonder there's a bunch of zombies walking amongst us.

Edit: as for zak, maybe his doc hasn't taken the time to assess the problem correctly and is mindlessly writing him prescriptions for drugs that are sending him over the edge. who fuckin' knows? i believe ripping your nut off is enough to be medicated but the right mix of drugs is to problem here. then again, if zak would just stick with the program and see the results or at least let the results come to fruition then maybe he can better assess whether the results are positive or negative and go from there.

Dude, seriously go get another testimonial from your fag friend and shut up. You and thispego are just making shit up now.

Your fag friend did not disclose what was going on. He was a latent homo and was refusing to come out about it. Its akin to going into the doctor with a fever, not telling him about the abdominal pain and then getting mad when he does not diagnose appendicitis.

This is also not simple bipolar 1. He is having psychotic delusions where he thinks he himself is the son of god, he talks to god, and he entered a state where he thought it was a good idea to tear one of his nuts off.

Think about what type of reality you would have to be in to think that was a viable option. My guess is it has something to do with judeochristian ethic of sexual insecurity but that ethic also includes tons of sinners. He turns that shit outside of himself and guess what happens?

You do not know shit. You really do not and you need to check your ego at the door and shut the fuck up.

thispego
09-15-2010, 01:58 PM
Oh IM making shit up? Please do explain :lol

koriwhat
09-15-2010, 02:00 PM
Dude, seriously go get another testimonial from your fag friend and shut up...You do not know shit. You really do not and you need to check your ego at the door and shut the fuck up.

for one, the gay dude is a friends' brother, not a friend. that's only one example given to you and you take it as if it's the only one i got. i know a bunch of fucked in the head people and i try to stay as far away from them as i can. we're all fucked in the head though to some degree i suppose.

and for another, mirror mirror on the wall motherfucka, who's ego is the biggest of them all? btw, look at this fuckin' wannabe hippie ween fan over here trying to boast his own ego by trying to tell me off. hilarious! thanks for the laughs.

mingus
09-15-2010, 02:06 PM
nice job of putting Koriwhat in his place, Cry.

i'm not going to pretend i know anything about pyschology, but i know that not taking meds if you've been diagnosed w/ bipolar disorder can be the difference b/w life and death. i worked with a guy who put a gun to his head and contemplated taking his life; then he was diagnosed w/ bipolar disorder and things have been better ever since. i know someone on the other hand that doesn't take her meds and can't maintain a job or relationships because because of that. take your meds, OP.

also, lifestyle choices are another matter and can make your disorder better or worse.

Opinionater
09-15-2010, 02:16 PM
IMHO, koriwhat is stating his opinion and that is all anyone can really do since nobody has a full diagnosis of bigzaks problems or mental state. All you wannabe shrinks are just giving your own elementary diagnosis thoughts is all. Without the calf tats is all.

koriwhat
09-15-2010, 02:22 PM
IMHO, koriwhat is stating his opinion and that is all anyone can really do since nobody has a full diagnosis of bigzaks problems or mental state. All you wannabe shrinks are just giving your own elementary diagnosis thoughts is all. Without the calf tats is all.

well i'll be damned! :lol :toast

Cry Havoc
09-15-2010, 02:42 PM
IMHO, koriwhat is stating his uneducated, pointless opinion as fact and that is all anyone can really do since nobody has a full diagnosis of bigzaks problems or mental state.

FTFY. And the subject of the topic is bipolar disorder. Bigzak could have other mental conditions, but he is asking for advice about taking his meds for this condition specifically, of which many people in the thread are stating that he should, as evidenced by the fact that he pulled off his own testicle, presumably while off his meds and in a manic state.

All you wannabe shrinks are just giving your own elementary diagnosis thoughts is all.

Some of which, notably myself and thispego, have some basis in reality. That's the difference between our posts and koriwhat, which have never really addressed the OP.

TL;DR for you in this thread... koriwhat's position is this:

1. Bigzak should take his meds.
2. Those meds are prescribed to him by money grabbing corporate whores who practice a fake science that does not have any legitimacy or factual basis.
3. Bigzak should still take his meds because #2 said so.

How can you possibly say that opinion has any kind of validity or is even remotely defensible? It's beyond idiocy. koriwhat is trying to give life advice to someone while openly contradicting himself in the same post. I couldn't even make up that kind of stupidity if I made a sincere effort to do so.

koriwhat
09-15-2010, 03:01 PM
FTFY. And the subject of the topic is bipolar disorder. Bigzak could have other mental conditions, but he is asking for advice about taking his meds for this condition specifically, of which many people in the thread are stating that he should, as evidenced by the fact that he pulled off his own testicle, presumably while off his meds and in a manic state.

Some of which, notably myself and thispego, have some basis in reality. That's the difference between our posts and koriwhat, which have never really addressed the OP.

TL;DR for you in this thread... koriwhat's position is this:

1. Bigzak should take his meds.
2. Those meds are prescribed to him by money grabbing corporate whores who practice a fake science that does not have any basis in reality.
3. Bigzak should still take his meds because #2 said so.

How can you possibly say that opinion has any kind of validity or is even remotely defensible? It's beyond idiocy. koriwhat is trying to give life advice to someone while openly contradicting himself in the same post. I couldn't even make up that kind of stupidity if I made a sincere effort to do so.

oh, but you did!

i know, i said i had no more words for you but when you put words into my mouth that's when i have to say something.

check out the bolded text above and please refer me back to the post i made that claimed such a thing.

here's my position:

1) zak should be on meds and stay on meds
2) the psychiatry/psychology field is a joke these days
3) zak should seek other counsel if he isn't getting the help he is desperately searching for

btw, #3, when did it become a bad suggestion to seek more than 1 doc? i know when i have a problem with my car i don't just go to pepboys or sears because they have a garage and tools. wtf!?

and stop putting words in my mouth i haven't said.

:flag:

mouse
09-15-2010, 03:18 PM
There was also no vaccine for polio in the 50's.

We advance as a society and discover medications, treatments, and cures for ailments, yet some still want to refuse those advancments bc "back in the day ______"

There are people who have not received the vaccine who are alive and well today. If your going to pull out the "50s" card don't forget to mention how doctors used to tell us how good tobacco was for you.
http://greensmoke.com/blog/vintage-cigarette-ads/

http://static.open.salon.com/files/gardner_f1_fpo1231075921.jpg

Cry Havoc
09-15-2010, 03:19 PM
check out the bolded text above and please refer me back to the post i made that claimed such a thing.

Ahem.

i am also standing by my claim that psychs today are in it for the dough and that the field is bs.

It's so interesting that you don't seem to recall what you've already stated.

Here are some other things you've said:

Thus far it's a pretty damn good assumption.

Page 6:

Waaaaaaaaah stop putting me down waaaaaaaaaah.

Page 7:

That's what psychiatrists do, if someones mood is constantly up and down, nice to mean, friendly to stand-offish, they say oh he's just being bipolar and prescribe to him or her a myriad of drugs.

And yet you're still here. Fascinating. Do you ever contradict yourself so much that your calf tats actually start arguing with each other?

The Reckoning
09-15-2010, 03:23 PM
where did bigzak go in the club picture anyway??

FuzzyLumpkins
09-15-2010, 03:44 PM
for one, the gay dude is a friends' brother, not a friend. that's only one example given to you and you take it as if it's the only one i got. i know a bunch of fucked in the head people and i try to stay as far away from them as i can. we're all fucked in the head though to some degree i suppose.

and for another, mirror mirror on the wall motherfucka, who's ego is the biggest of them all? btw, look at this fuckin' wannabe hippie ween fan over here trying to boast his own ego by trying to tell me off. hilarious! thanks for the laughs.

oh, but you did!

i know, i said i had no more words for you but when you put words into my mouth that's when i have to say something.

here's my position:

1) zak should be on meds and stay on meds
2) the psychiatry/psychology field is a joke these days
3) zak should seek other counsel if he isn't getting the help he is desperately searching for

btw, #3, when did it become a bad suggestion to seek more than 1 doc? i know when i have a problem with my car i don't just go to pepboys or sears because they have a garage and tools. wtf!?

and stop putting words in my mouth i haven't said.

:flag:

I can discuss intelligently and fluently:

1) The DSM diagnosis of bipolar i, ii as well as the criteria for rapid cycling.
2) The spectrum view of the disorder presented by Dr Phelps one of the leading experts on the disorder in the world
3) The environmental and behavioral factors as well as the general mechanism of various bipolar states, mania, hypomania, depression, mixed, intermediary, etc.
4) The various medications used for treatment of bipolar including general mood stabilizers like depakoate and lithium, the anti-epilepsy stabilizers as well as the atypical antipsychotic meds. The various benefits as well as side effects of said medications.
5) Theoretical biological mechanical explanations for bipolar including the buildup of certain toxic proteins in the brain before the onset of a cycle and how the difficulty of antioxidants to penetrate the blood brain barrier relates to it.
6) Schizoeffective disorder its symptoms and how the various states of bipolar can trigger or exacerbate a psychotic episode and the danger that are therein.
7) How general physical health relates to bipolar. Specifically lack of exercise and poor eating habits.
8) The link between pharmaceutical reps and doctors. How they push their medications to get doctors to push them. This is the basis of your fearmongering even though you are too ignorant to have even a semi intelligent discussion about it.
9) The patent offices policies towards prescription medications and how it is flawed allowing the above which again you are obviously ignorant of.

My knowledge on this subject is neither elementary nor wannabe. It just is and your petty attempts at discrediting us without even a shred of refutation is pathetic.

It does not take a shrink to tell that a man that thinks he is the son of god and tore off one of his testicle suffers from psychotic delusions. You do not even deny this to be the case. You only try and deflect with this bullshit.

Zak is obviously dangerous to himself and if you had any knowledge whatsoever you would realize that these types of delusions are never exclusively internalized i.e. he will project them onto others.

Basically your credentials are that you went to a shrink once or twice did not like what he prescribed you and just gave up. You do know that your previous psychotherapist shared his patient notes with the shrink? That all therapists have to take detailed notes especially if they want to protect themselves from litigation?

Oh and then your friends brother who you now distance yourself from because he is gay who obviously was not open with his doctor. IOW, you do not know a damn thing. So again shut the fuck up.

And on a final note you did not out and say do not take your meds you were only justifying the reasons to not take his meds. Specifically to not trust his doctors. Oh and he has seen multiple physicians in multiple countries.

koriwhat
09-15-2010, 03:46 PM
And yet you're still here. Fascinating. Do you ever contradict yourself so much that your calf tats actually start arguing with each other?

well folks, we got a god damn comedian here! i'll be damned!

btw, way to take my words out of context. i didn't claim psychology as a "fake science", i claimed the profession is a fuckin' joke these days as days past. "here, let me stick a big metal thing into your eye to fix yo' brains!"

it's not a fake science but the practices are getting ridiculous when it comes to prescription drugs. you know it and i know it so why keep denying it?

Cry Havoc
09-15-2010, 03:50 PM
btw, way to take my words out of context. i didn't claim psychology as a "fake science", i claimed the profession is a fuckin' joke these days as days past. "here, let me stick a big metal thing into your eye to fix yo' brains!"

it's not a fake science but the practices are getting ridiculous when it comes to prescription drugs. you know it and i know it so why keep denying it?

And what does this commentary have anything to do with the OP? What educational basis or research are you using to determine the extent of the medical abuses of Psychiatry? Or are you just floating around in the wind hoping to sound intelligent by making the most overwrought, obvious statements possible?

Phillip
09-15-2010, 03:55 PM

krofl

Phillip
09-15-2010, 03:56 PM
well folks, we got a god damn comedian here! i'll be damned!

Phillip
09-15-2010, 03:57 PM
lol cry havoc regulating the shit out of koriwhat

koriwhat
09-15-2010, 03:58 PM
I can discuss intelligently and fluently:

1) The DSM diagnosis of bipolar i, ii as well as the criteria for rapid cycling.
2) The spectrum view of the disorder presented by Dr Phelps one of the leading experts on the disorder in the world
3) The environmental and behavioral factors as well as the general mechanism of various bipolar states, mania, hypomania, depression, mixed, intermediary, etc.
4) The various medications used for treatment of bipolar including general mood stabilizers like depakoate and lithium, the anti-epilepsy stabilizers as well as the atypical antipsychotic meds. The various benefits as well as side effects of said medications.
5) Theoretical biological mechanical explanations for bipolar including the buildup of certain toxic proteins in the brain before the onset of a cycle and how the difficulty of antioxidants to penetrate the blood brain barrier relates to it.
6) Schizoeffective disorder its symptoms and how the various states of bipolar can trigger or exacerbate a psychotic episode and the danger that are therein.
7) How general physical health relates to bipolar. Specifically lack of exercise and poor eating habits.
8) The link between pharmaceutical reps and doctors. How they push their medications to get doctors to push them. This is the basis of your fearmongering even though you are too ignorant to have even a semi intelligent discussion about it.
9) The patent offices policies towards prescription medications and how it is flawed allowing the above which again you are obviously ignorant of.

gotta love wikipedia!

It just is and your petty attempts at discrediting us without even a shred of refutation is pathetic.

who exactly, a couple of internet messageboard members? i didn't know you held a PhD in psychology, my bad.

Basically your credentials are that you went to a shrink once or twice did not like what he prescribed you and just gave up. You do know that your previous psychotherapist shared his patient notes with the shrink? That all therapists have to take detailed notes especially if they want to protect themselves from litigation?

went a few times to be exact, took meds for 5 yrs with no promising results, and decided the best thing for me to do was figure the shit out myself.

so the counselor i went to initially took notes? on what, his taco stained napkin? haha!

Oh and then your friends brother who you now distance yourself from because he is gay...'

wrong again! just because i am friends with his brother doesn't mean i have to be friends with him and that definitely has nothing to do with the fact the dude is gay. nothing at all. and you say i talk nonsense...

shut the fuck up.

maybe you should take your own advice.

And on a final note you did not out and say do not take your meds you were only justifying the reasons to not take his meds. Specifically to not trust his doctors.

i never gave him a reason not to take his meds. trust? yeah, that's a hard pill to swallow considering ain't no one to be trusted these days especially "professionals" who rape us for 100+/hr and prescribe us shit that turns us into walking zombies.

Oh and he has seen multiple physicians in multiple countries.

oh, and i did not know that.

:whine

koriwhat
09-15-2010, 04:03 PM
And what does this commentary have anything to do with the OP? What educational basis or research are you using to determine the extent of the medical abuses of Psychiatry? Or are you just floating around in the wind hoping to sound intelligent by making the most overwrought, obvious statements possible?

and what does your incessant bitching and moaning at me have anything to do with the OP?

i'm not hoping to sound intelligent, i am just another internet messageboard member giving my 2 cents.

until you get a PhD, we're in the same boat. and if you ever get a PhD and practice, i hope you lose that license for over prescribing to fill your pockets full of green backs.

FuzzyLumpkins
09-15-2010, 04:04 PM
Are you or are you not saying that he is justified in not taking his medications because he should not trust his doctors?

FuzzyLumpkins
09-15-2010, 04:05 PM
and what does your incessant bitching and moaning at me have anything to do with the OP?

i'm not hoping to sound intelligent, i am just another internet messageboard member giving my 2 cents.

until you get a PhD, we're in the same boat. and if you ever get a PhD and practice, i hope you lose that license for over prescribing to fill your pockets full of green backs.

You cannot prescribe without an MD dumbass.

koriwhat
09-15-2010, 04:06 PM
Are you or are you not saying that he is justified in not taking his medications because he should not trust his doctors?

no. i am saying, if it's not working then find a better doc or tell your doc it's not working.

btw, what is this matlock? am i on stand or what? :lmao

koriwhat
09-15-2010, 04:06 PM

well when he gets his MD then... dumbass.

Cry Havoc
09-15-2010, 04:08 PM
went a few times to be exact, took meds for 5 yrs with no promising results, and decided the best thing for me to do was figure the shit out myself.

Oh, a few times. My mistake. :lmao

koriwhat, asserting his extensive knowledge of Psychology after 5 full pages of dodging.

FuzzyLumpkins
09-15-2010, 04:10 PM
well when he gets his MD then... dumbass.

When I call you a dumbass its because of obvious general ignorance like the above, inability to obtain even a high school diploma, being a male secretary and calf tats.

When you call me a dumbass its because youre too stupid to do anything but parrot what I say. Sad, really.

gospursgojas
09-15-2010, 04:20 PM
There are people who have not received the vaccine who are alive and well today. If your going to pull out the "50s" card don't forget to mention how doctors used to tell us how good tobacco was for you.
http://greensmoke.com/blog/vintage-cigarette-ads/

http://static.open.salon.com/files/gardner_f1_fpo1231075921.jpg

BC the vacine pretty much eradicated it. As close to a CURE as we can get.

As far as the "50's card"...I wasnt pulling that out, on the contrary I was pulling out the 2010's card. Saying that what we know now trumps what we knew then i.e tobaco is bad for you, and the knowlegde to treat mental disorders

koriwhat
09-15-2010, 04:38 PM
When I call you a dumbass its because of obvious general ignorance like the above, inability to obtain even a high school diploma, being a male secretary and calf tats.

so we're going to go down this route, huh? this thread isn't about me, it's more about yours and crybaby's inability to see past your own insecurities. to try and put me down every chance yall can is humorous to say the least.

there was no inability to obtain a hs diploma. it was a decision i made because i was bored. i had straight A's half way through my junior yr but it didn't matter to me. whether you consider it a stupid decision is your opinion. it doesn't affect me one way or the other.

working as an office clerk, or male secretary, is a job. a job. i could be out fixing 410 but why would i want to bake in the sun all day when i can use my head to do computer work and answer a few phone calls a day? i'd say that's a brilliant job decision. my other job is screenprinting and my freelancing is print/web design. i work three jobs so why not mention them all? oh because the other two aren't as funny... male screenprinter? male freelance artist? yeah, you're right, not funny at all.

When you call me a dumbass its because youre too stupid to do anything but parrot what I say. Sad, really.

you mean, sort of how you parrot my bandwagon fans? you know, the ones that try to put me down with things irrelevant like, "calf tats", "no hs diploma", "male secretary", etc... that type of parrot? the one who has nothing original to say and can only mutter the words and phrases of others? those parrots?

if you think i am a dumbass, that's fine by me. more power to you man! but, when i call you a dumbass it's not because i am "parroting" you, it's because i genuinely think you're a dumbass. look, we think the same of each other!

maybe you're more educated in this or that and i am too though you wouldn't know with the blinders you wear.

i might make a fool of myself here from time to time but to act like you're somehow above me is not only comedic, it is also asinine.

btw, i can attack a book as well as the next person but that doesn't make me an MD either. so until you get to the point where you're writing bs prescriptions and making $100+/hr don't act like you're any better than anyone here on ST or in this world.

it's simple man, you don't care for what i say which is cool with me, so why harp on it incessantly? one reply and you drag it to 7+ pages, are you kidding me? you must love me or else you would've dropped it a page in.

also, i was never speaking to you anyhow, i was giving my opinion to zak and that's the funny thing about this whole thing. yall took it personally for whatever reason when my opinion wasn't directed at you and CryBaby. zak's a man right, a man that can make up his own mind, so let him! stop policing a public forum because you don't agree with one persons fuckin' OPINION!

get back on the train or get the fuck off the tracks!

2Blonde
09-15-2010, 04:42 PM
it's all bipolar, but that term can sometimes be used loosely to diagnose someone who has volatile moodswings, every person is different which is why there are different medication combinations for every person even though they may be suffering from "the same condition"... How can one medication work for a bipolar patient and the same medication not work for another bipolar patient?

also, bipolar disorder can start really at any time in your life. It can start in children, in adolescence, in adults and in older adults. And depending on when the illness starts, the symptoms could be different. In young children, the illness starts slowly, sometimes it involves changes in mood and irritability, and aggression, and changes in attention and difficult behavior. Mood swings can happen several times during the day. In adolescences and in adults, the illness can start either with a manic episode, or with depressed episode. Sometimes the illness can start even very late in life, when people are 50 or 60. In elderly people, when bipolar illness starts, it's usually related with some other brain disorder that may happen at the same time that can be connected to cardiovascular disease or even early dementia.

The most common age of onset of the illness, though, is young adulthood in the late teens and early 20s.
OK, I thought you were saying that zak & 2Teen had totally different illnesses.... :shootme That's why I was confused.
I do understand and know all about the different types and degrees of bipolarI, II, NOS and how diagnoses are made and how it can change as you age.

Phillip
09-15-2010, 04:50 PM
lol calf tats
lol no hs diploma
lol male secretary
lol capris
lol hippie hair
lol blowing brent barry

JoeChalupa
09-15-2010, 04:54 PM
where did bigzak go in the club picture anyway??

I just noticed that too.

JoeChalupa
09-15-2010, 05:01 PM
I do remember bigzak telling me he wanted all his posts deleted so he must have meant everything.

mouse
09-15-2010, 05:02 PM
BC the vacine pretty much eradicated it. As close to a CURE as we can get.

In that case wake me up when start giving out the Bi-polar vaccine.

As far as the "50's card"...I wasnt pulling that out, on the contrary I was pulling out the 2010's card. Saying that what we know now trumps what we knew then i.e tobaco is bad for you, and the knowlegde to treat mental disorders

That might have been true a few years back but a 2008 "scientific" discovery is saying cigarettes may be good for you after all.

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/1265067/health_benefits_of_smoking_cigarettes.html

Science cracks me up. :lmao

The Reckoning
09-15-2010, 05:05 PM

not all the time. states are becoming more lenient with psychologists prescribing medication...the line between psychiatrist and psychologist is starting to be blurred.

mouse
09-15-2010, 05:05 PM
I do remember bigzak telling me he wanted all his posts deleted so he must have meant everything.

Only a true Bi-polar person will wait an hour to ask for them to be posted back.

JoeChalupa
09-15-2010, 05:10 PM
Doesn't everyone have mood swings? I know my sis had a mood ring decades ago and it would change colors all the time.

JoeChalupa
09-15-2010, 05:11 PM
Only MD's can prescribe? :lol

FuzzyLumpkins
09-15-2010, 05:11 PM
The reason I harp on it is because you are telling a psychotic that he is right to not trust his doctors. Unless he is full of shit he is going to end up dead or hurting someone else and I have little doubt to that.

What you are doing is encouraging that to happen and I do not like that whatsoever. I really do not think you are aware of the seriousness of what he is describing.

You keep on going back to your gay friend and bad experience with effexor. You are the one that smeared your calf tats around the forum, detailed you HS failure and shitty job. You made the bed. Sleep in it.

JoeChalupa
09-15-2010, 05:13 PM
I only have a HS diploma. :depressed

So what? :lol

FuzzyLumpkins
09-15-2010, 05:15 PM
Doesn't everyone have mood swings? I know my sis had a mood ring decades ago and it would change colors all the time.

bipolar is not about mood swings. The DSM definition specifically says:

A distinct period of abnormally and persistently elevated, expansive, or irritable mood, lasting at least 1 week

FuzzyLumpkins
09-15-2010, 05:16 PM

In the state of Texas.

Shelly
09-15-2010, 05:17 PM

my husband is in trouble then!

Zak--minus all the the bickering going on in here, I do hope you find something that works for you!

Shelly
09-15-2010, 05:19 PM
In the state of Texas.

What can M.D.s only prescribe in Texas?

mouse
09-15-2010, 05:19 PM
As long as the drug company's can come up with new pills to make more money there will always be Bi-polar patients.

The Reckoning
09-15-2010, 05:21 PM
In the state of Texas.

think again.

FuzzyLumpkins
09-15-2010, 05:23 PM
What can M.D.s only prescribe in Texas?

Many people are unaware of the differences between psychologists and psychiatrists. Psychiatrists are medical doctors who have completed medical school and gone on to do additional training in psychiatry. Due to their medical training they can prescribe medications including antidepressants and anxiety medications. Some are also trained to offer psychotherapy. Psychologists attend graduate school (instead of medical school) and receive 5-6 years of graduate training in mental health problems. They do not currently prescribe medications in the state of Texas but are highly skilled in assessment and treatment of mental disorders.

http://www.kristajordan.com/depression-stress-anxiety-austin.html

2Blonde
09-15-2010, 05:24 PM

Yes there was plenty of bipolar in the 70's but with the stigma attached to it and other serious psychiatric diseases at that time, families went above and beyond to keep it quiet & private. Also, your comment about crying & being called a sissy have nada to do w/BPD. I'm not sure what you're implying there... other than that those of us who lived in the 70's were rude and inappropriate & uneducated??? :whine

Shelly
09-15-2010, 05:26 PM
Fuzzylumpikins--you made it sound like only M.D.s could prescribe any drugs.

I think most people are aware that Psychiatrists and not Psychologists can prescribe.

However, I'm pretty sure a D.O. can precribe psych meds, who is a DPM, can also.

FuzzyLumpkins
09-15-2010, 05:28 PM
Fuzzylumpikins--you made it sound like only M.D.s could prescribe any drugs.

I think most people are aware that Psychiatrists and not Psychologists can prescribe.

I was not aware that anyone other than someone with a medical license could prescribe meds.

Shelly
09-15-2010, 05:30 PM
I was not aware that anyone other than someone with a medical license could prescribe meds.

see my edit...

Are you talking about ANY meds or just psych meds? Even dentists (DDS) can prescribe meds.

All those degress I mentioned are medical degress and have to get licensed by the state just as a M.D.

koriwhat
09-15-2010, 05:34 PM
The reason I harp on it is because you are telling a psychotic that he is right to not trust his doctors.

you're damn right! in this world no one is to be trusted.

You keep on going back to your gay friend...

again, not a friend of mine but your assumptions are still humorous.

You are the one that smeared your calf tats around the forum, detailed you HS failure and shitty job. You made the bed. Sleep in it.

i rarely ever make my bed, what's the point when i am just going to mess it up again? hahaha!

btw, i did post photos of my tattoos which i am still not ashamed of. funny this is the fags here who keep those photos and jackoff at night to them just to come in here and poke fun at me. they sure do got a love-hate relationship with my legs/me.

and you might think dropping out of HS was a stupid but so was going to classes that didn't mean jack shit to myself or the professional world. so if i got a HS diploma would i be sitting atop as a CEO somewhere at this time? nah, i would probably still be where i am at now or maybe, quite possibly, making a buck more an hour. get it through your head, HS doesn't mean shit, college on the other hand and experience does.

you can work at HEB all your life, move up in the ranks, have no HS diploma, and become a middle class citizen which i am assuming most at ST are already and with a HS diploma.

keep shooting them bullets at me and i'll keep dodging bitch!

as for my job(s), what makes them any less glamorous than yours, if you do work, and others here? it's a fuckin' job! if i like it and i have fun at it then how's it a shitty job? maybe by your standards it is, and i'm ok with that, but by my standards it's not the worst job(s) out there.

again, i don't live my life to please you or anyone else here and i really don't care whether you regard me as anything other than a "failure" or whatever other stupid shit kids say on the internet these days.

live your life the way you want man. i don't give a shit what you do!

now, if you'd like to stop bitching at me because you've got nothing better to do, there is a bi-polar dude here asking some legit questions of your MD ass that you can try and possibly answer. i mean, you're an MD right, and nothing but doctors should be giving advice, right? i only give my OPINION.

FuzzyLumpkins
09-15-2010, 05:35 PM
see my edit...

Are you talking about ANY meds or just psych meds? Even dentists (DDS) can prescribe meds.

All those degress I mentioned are medical degress and have to get licensed by the state just as a M.D.

Interesting. I should have said medical license I suppose. I was not aware that osteopaths could now prescribe meds. Seems a contradiction but hey. I am sure the AMA threw a shitfit over it.

BTW I am not arguing that others should not be able to. I think the AMA's hegemony is a big problem.

koriwhat
09-15-2010, 05:37 PM

well, now you know!

http://fashionablygeek.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/gi-joe-the-battle-shirt.jpg

FuzzyLumpkins
09-15-2010, 05:37 PM
The point which you obviously missed is that you are the one that decided to share all this personal information with everyone else.

Apparently you revel in the attention because you certainly love talking about yourself when people troll you.

If you are satisfied with that more power to you.

The Reckoning
09-15-2010, 05:39 PM
i believe nurse practitioners are able to prescribe medications so long as they have a physician "collaborator," whatever that means. i guess it's a physician who accounts for the liability?

koriwhat, you didnt know either so dont count this as some kind of GI Joe victory for you,

2Blonde
09-15-2010, 05:41 PM

In the state of Texas.

my husband is in trouble then!

Zak--minus all the the bickering going on in here, I do hope you find something that works for you!
Shelly, as long as isn't prescribing lithium & prozac for ingrown toe nails then he'll probably be okay. :p:

Joe, according to this govt publication,

Occupational Outlook Handbook, 2010-11 Edition (http://www.bls.gov/oco/ocos056.htm)

they state the following:
Often, clinical psychologists consult with other medical personnel regarding the best treatment for patients, especially treatment that includes medication. Clinical psychologists generally are not permitted to prescribe medication to treat patients; only psychiatrists and other medical doctors may prescribe most medications. (See the statement on physicians and surgeons elsewhere in the Handbook.) However, two States—Louisiana and New Mexico—currently allow appropriately trained clinical psychologists to prescribe medication with some limitations.

I first looked this up after watching an episode of criminal minds where a had gone off his meds and began killing people, including his doctor who prescribed them and then took them away. On the office door it said he was a PhD and not an MD. I thought it was a mistake until I checked it out. Gotta love google!

Shelly
09-15-2010, 05:43 PM
Interesting. I should have said medical license I suppose. I was not aware that osteopaths could now prescribe meds. Seems a contradiction but hey. I am sure the AMA threw a shitfit over it.

BTW I am not arguing that others should not be able to. I think the AMA's hegemony is a big problem.

The always could! A Nurse Practioner can write scripts.

2Blonde
09-15-2010, 05:43 PM
see my edit...

They're just talking psychologist vs. psychiatrists and only meds for mental illness.

koriwhat
09-15-2010, 05:45 PM
The point which you obviously missed is that you are the one that decided to share all this personal information with everyone else.

Apparently you revel in the attention because you certainly love talking about yourself when people troll you.

If you are satisfied with that more power to you.

hey, maybe i'm bi-polar! the narcissist inside says, nah.

btw, this is a messageboard man, of spurs fans and excuse me for getting a couple tattoos of the spurs logo i thought i'd share a photo of on ST. i think you blow things out of proportion and follow the leader when it comes to knockin' on me. cool and cool. do your thing!

if it is attention i seek i could do so a ton of ways that would be easier but let me flip in onto you sir. is it not attention you seek by trying to diss me? i mean you use the same lame ass shtick as the others with the same redundancy and you think that's not a cry for attention? if you think that, then why is phillip here with all his "lol" comments and CryBaby with the same lame shtick.

hey, if the shoe fits, wear it. if you make your bed daily, sleep in it and mess it up nightly!

FuzzyLumpkins
09-15-2010, 05:45 PM
The always could! A Nurse Practioner can write scripts.

Not without an MD they cannot.

Texas

General authority to prescribe is evidenced by inclusion on the prescription of the prescriber's title and state-issued Rx # and as outlined in the prescriber's collaborative practice protocols
All prescriptions must show collaborating physician's name, address, and phone #
Authority to prescribe controlled substances includes Schedule III-V; state registration requirements (in addition to federal DEA registration) are contained in rules
Prescriptions for scheduled drugs must show the name and DEA # of both the prescriber and the collaborating physician

koriwhat
09-15-2010, 05:47 PM
koriwhat, you didnt know either so dont count this as some kind of GI Joe victory for you,

damn you!

i'm not here for victories but i thank you for informing us all. :tu

Shelly
09-15-2010, 05:49 PM

yes, i know that, but they don't run to the MD and ask if they can write it. They just work under his license.

Shelly
09-15-2010, 05:52 PM
They're just talking psychologist vs. psychiatrists and only meds for mental illness.

I'm not sure FL was, because he made it sound only an M.D. could write scripts. I may have misundertstood him, though.

The Reckoning
09-15-2010, 05:55 PM
like i said...all that means is that the nurse is prescribing under a doctor's license who is willing to handle the liability.

2Blonde
09-15-2010, 06:03 PM

Check again.... www.npcentral.net/mc/pubs/q&a.doc

In what states can nurse practitioners prescribe medication?
NPs are documented as safe, high-quality health care providers, and have varying degrees of prescriptive authority in all 50 United States. Following is a break down of prescriptive rights:

States where NPs can prescribe (including controlled substances) independent of any physician involvement: AK, AZ, DC, IA, ME, MT, NH, NM, OR, UT, WA, WI, WY.

-more-
Nurse Practitioners/Page 2

States where NPs can prescribe (including controlled substances) with some degree of physician involvement: AR, CA, CO, CT, DE, FL, GA, HI, ID, IL, IN, KS, MA, MI, MN, NC, ND, NE, NJ, NY, OK, PA, RI, SC, SD, TN, VT, WV.

States where NPs can prescribe (excluding controlled substances) with some degree of physician involvement: AL, KY, LA, MO, MS, NV, OH, TX, VA.

States where NPs may receive and dispense drug samples: AK, AR, AZ, CA, CO, CT, DE, FL, HI, IA, ID, IL, IN, KS, LA, MA, MD, ME, MI, MN, MO, MS, NC, ND, NE, NH, NJ, NM, NV, NY, OH, OK, OR, SD, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA, WI, WV, WY.

mouse
09-15-2010, 07:22 PM
Yes there was plenty of bipolar in the 70's but with the stigma attached to it and other serious psychiatric diseases at that time, families went above and beyond to keep it quiet & private. Also, your comment about crying & being called a sissy have nada to do w/BPD. I'm not sure what you're implying there... other than that those of us who lived in the 70's were rude and inappropriate & uneducated??? :whine

You can put what ever spin on this as you wish but the facts are China,Canada,Germany,Russia,Africa,etc....seem to be doing fine w/o all the pills we Americans think we need. This country has survived over 200 years w/o Prozac and because some over paid tree hugging doctor driving a Lexus says I need 50 mg of xanax because I cry when I see Marley & Me?

no thanks, today there are over 20 different pills if your kids are sneezing,20 pills if you have heartburn, 20 pills if your depressed ect...

tell me whats wrong with people growing a spine and trying to make some effort to get through life without using pills or a made up mental illness?

If a person is really mentally ill they should live at a mental institution, If they are able to eat pork skins while watching Jerry springer they are no worst off than Bigzax who is able to TRoll ST.

thispego
09-15-2010, 07:59 PM
Y'all! Bigzak ripped one of his own TESTICLES off! WTF??????

Zak please explain this self injurious decision further... :wakeup

FuzzyLumpkins
09-15-2010, 10:51 PM
You can put what ever spin on this as you wish but the facts are China,Canada,Germany,Russia,Africa,etc....seem to be doing fine w/o all the pills we Americans think we need. This country has survived over 200 years w/o Prozac and because some over paid tree hugging doctor driving a Lexus says I need 50 mg of xanax because I cry when I see Marley & Me?

no thanks, today there are over 20 different pills if your kids are sneezing,20 pills if you have heartburn, 20 pills if your depressed ect...

tell me whats wrong with people growing a spine and trying to make some effort to get through life without using pills or a made up mental illness?

If a person is really mentally ill they should live at a mental institution, If they are able to eat pork skins while watching Jerry springer they are no worst off than Bigzax who is able to TRoll ST.

Define fine.

The nations homeless population are mostly the mentally ill. That is why they are not able to function. You cannot simply throw people into sanitariums and have not been able to since the 70s.

Now I will agree that depression, bipolar, anxiety disorders and the like are entirely overdiagnosed but that makes them no less real.

Bipolar as a diagnosis has been around for over 50 years as has schizophrenia and depression. You need to have some perspective. Modern medicine has only been around for 100 or so years.

Cell theory was not developed until the mid 19th century.
Penicillin was not even discovered until 1930.

I realize that you are a luddite but the results of these medications have been proven in clinical trials. The whole rugged individualism thing is boring.

FuzzyLumpkins
09-15-2010, 10:53 PM
Check again.... www.npcentral.net/mc/pubs/q&a.doc

Given the increase in medical demand coming in a few years nurse practitioners are going to be very much so demand in the near future. Hopefully circumstances will remove the AMA's stranglehold on health care.

Cry Havoc
09-16-2010, 08:57 AM
Bumping this thread. How are you doing today so far, BigZ?